PDA

View Full Version : Ak-47

Ghost Writer
05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Which Kirilenko will show up for this series?

The injury-prone underachiever of the regular season or the former All-Star level game-changer that has revealed himself here and there in these playoffs.

If AK-47 plays well, this series could be taxing for the Spurs.

Hopefully, we get the crappy Kirilenko.

:cooldevil

duncan228
05-19-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm afraid he will rise to the occasion. AK and Boozer frighten me. I believe we'll get through it but as you say, it will be taxing. Especially for Duncan.

TheTruth
05-19-2007, 09:29 PM
They have no one else on that team that can come close to guarding Manu. If he doesn't show up this is a sweep.

mikekim
05-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm a huge AK-47 fan.

And I think the, unfortunately for the Spurs, the game-changing AK I missed in my fantasy league will show up in this next round.

TheTruth
05-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm afraid he will rise to the occasion. AK and Boozer frighten me. I believe we'll get through it but as you say, it will be taxing. Especially for Duncan.
Why do they frighten you? They don't have good matchups in this series. I have no doubt Duncan is going to dominate this series. Especially with Okur trying to guard him.

mavsfan1000
They have no one else on that team that can come close to guarding Manu. If he doesn't show up this is a sweep.
Fisher=Manu stopper.

TheTruth
Fisher=Manu stopper.
That's funny.

mikekim
05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Why do they frighten you? They don't have good matchups in this series. I have no doubt Duncan is going to dominate this series. Especially with Okur trying to guard him.

i think you greatly underestimate the jazz

michaelwcho
05-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure how Boozer is a problem here...I think Timmy can dominate him on both sides. Horry would be a great matchup on Okur, and Elson can fill in for the rest.

I agree that AK-47 is the main problem. Like Prince, he's just hard to score on and is a general pest.

duncan228
05-19-2007, 09:53 PM

It's how physical they are. Duncan can, and I hope will, dominate. But when he gets beat up on every possession on both ends of the floor it starts to wear him down. I don't have a lot of faith in Elson right now. Oberto has moments. Horry can be a great help if he's on. But I look at Duncan almost alone down low and the physical play will grind him.

I do believe Duncan will rise to it. He's on a mission. I just don't want him beat up when he gets to the Finals.

LilMissSPURfect
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
the BOWENED one!

ATXSPUR
05-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure how Boozer is a problem here...I think Timmy can dominate him on both sides. Horry would be a great matchup on Okur, and Elson can fill in for the rest.

I agree that AK-47 is the main problem. Like Prince, he's just hard to score on and is a general pest.

I am not afraid of any guy that cries after a first round loss.

Rick Von Braun
05-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Casper in da house! Ha!

smeagol
05-19-2007, 11:01 PM

Amare > Boozer although Amare is the bigger idiot of them both.

In any case, we dispatched Amare in 6.

Jazz will not last more than the Suns.

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Fisher=Manu stopper.

fisher = spur killer...... POINT FOUR BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurster
05-19-2007, 11:10 PM
The big question for the Spurs is always the perimeter shooting. No other team can beat them if the Spurs can hit open perimeter shots.

Warlord23
05-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Amare > Boozer although Amare is the bigger idiot of them both.

In any case, we dispatched Amare in 6.

Jazz will not last more than the Suns.

I disagree. This year, IMO Boozer has been the more effective player. I think both Boozer and LeBron had a great case of making it to the All-NBA 1st team over Amare.

Boozer can body up in the post. He has a nice jumper, and can drive around bigger men. Amare has a good jumper and amazing hops, but gets blocked way too often. He can't defend worth a lick and is foul-happy. Boozer made excellent decisions when the Warriors doubled him. He is also a terrific rebounder, possibly because he has Okur and AK for company.

AFBlue
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
To the original question....

The good-old underacheiving Kirilenko shows up for this series. I'm sure he'll have his moments, but I look for the most intriguing player to be Deron Williams...both on O and D.