PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm kind of worried about this matchup. I'm assuming Timmy will be guarding this guy.

I do think that the Denver series helped prepare us for this series. Boozer and Nenê have similar styles. Boozer obviously a little more polished offensively, while Nene, with that big body of his, is a little more physical on the defensive side of the ball. Both are great finishers around the basket, but Booze also has a decent mid-range jumper that has been consistent throughout the season. He was an absolute beast against the Rockets in round 1 -- and that was going against Yao most of the time. Timmy will have his work cut out for him. Oberto will probably use up some fouls on him as well.

I still can't believe this guy was a late 2nd round pick.

dallaskd
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
boozer is a beast.

atxrocker
05-20-2007, 02:18 AM
i hope that boozer manhandles the spurs.

FireSternin2007
05-20-2007, 02:29 AM
As goes Boozer, so go the Jazz, well almost. He has a tendancy to committ stupid mistakes at times during games. I'm not talking shot selection etc...I'm talking throw the ball right to the other team type mistakes. However, when he's on, he's as good a PF as there is in the league right now in the post season, including Duncan.

coopdogg3
05-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Wow, drinking heavily already?

K-State Spur
05-20-2007, 02:38 AM
I think Oberto/Elson will see a lot of him to keep Timmy out of foul trouble.

In crunch time, Duncan might get him. Tim's length has given him some problems in the past. And unlike Yao, Tim isn't too stiff to prevent Boozer from maneuvering around him at will.

If you can keep Boozer off the offensive boards and take away his put-backs (easier said than done), I don't expect him to have any huge (25+) scoring games.

MrChug
05-20-2007, 02:41 AM
I'm not "worried" about this matchup. Boozer IS a monster...he is. REALLY. But he has problems against bigger, longer player. See: Rasheed Wallace, Tim Duncan, Pau Gasol, and even DIRK!!! Check the stats...Dirk guarded Carlos most of the time and he bricked alot...replace Dirk with TIM!!?!???!?!? Done and DONE.

romain.star
05-20-2007, 02:43 AM
so cute little beast...

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Since ESPN dubbed him the MVP of the playoffs today, don't you have to fear him?

Strike
05-20-2007, 03:07 AM
Since ESPN dubbed him the MVP of the playoffs today, don't you have to fear him?

No. Fear him because he's a good player. Take anything ESPN says with a grain of salt.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 03:17 AM
No. Fear him because he's a good player. Take anything ESPN says with a grain of salt.
I know he's a good player. Thanks for the advice, though. I thought the Spurs were dirty too.

Strike
05-20-2007, 03:23 AM
Always happy to help.

No go fix me a turkey pot pie. :hungry:

Tigole Bitties
05-20-2007, 03:27 AM
I knew I saw him from somewhere before...

http://usuarios.lycos.es/davidwiz/188415a0.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/scorecard/03/06/truth.rumors.nba/t1_boozer.jpg

Separated at birth?

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 03:41 AM
Always happy to help.

No go fix me a turkey pot pie. :hungry:
:lol

and some biscuits. Mmm Hmm.

Strike
05-20-2007, 03:42 AM
:lol

and some biscuits. Mmm Hmm.

And sausage gravy.

Mmmmmm, gravy. :drool:

mavsfan1000
05-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Yeah I feel this is the one guy the spurs don't have an answer for. Boozer is a beast.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 04:11 AM
Yeah I feel this is the one guy the spurs don't have an answer for.
Yeah, too bad the Spurs don't have a decent power forward on the roster.

Strike
05-20-2007, 04:17 AM
:rollin :flag:

mavsfan1000
05-20-2007, 04:26 AM
It won't matter who guards Boozer. He'll take Duncan on the perimeter and use his speed advantage.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 04:29 AM
It won't matter who guards Boozer. He'll take Duncan on the perimeter and use his speed advantage.
Why would Duncan follow him to the perimeter? Is Boozer a three point threat? No, he's a post player. If he goes to the perimeter he takes himself out of the game. Good thing you aren't a coach. Pop probably can't make my fries crispy either.

mavsfan1000
05-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Why would Duncan follow him to the perimeter? Is Boozer a three point threat? No, he's a post player. If he goes to the perimeter he takes himself out of the game. Good thing you aren't a coach. Pop probably can't make my fries crispy either.
Perimeter as past the free throw line. Kinda like what Duncan does to Dampier smart one.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Perimeter as past the free throw line. Kinda like what Duncan does to Dampier smart one.
So not the high post, then. So a free throw is a perimeter jump shot?

mavsfan1000
05-20-2007, 04:39 AM
So not the high post, then. So a free throw is a perimeter jump shot?
A jumpshot from Midrange. I don't know for sure that perimeter always means a 3 point shot.

Bruno
05-20-2007, 05:06 AM
If Boozer start shooting 20 footers Spurs will be fine. Boozer FG% for midrange jumper is 39%.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 05:12 AM
A jumpshot from Midrange. I don't know for sure that perimeter always means a 3 point shot.
A midrange jumper generally is somewhere from the paint to the perimeter. If you take a 22 foot shot you're on the perimeter, but if you're in the high post, you aren't at the perimeter. Boozer is excellent at the high post, and it's a good bet he's going to be starting there a lot, also because the Spurs will fight to keep him out of the low block. Boozer has a number of very good moves from either place, but I saw Duncan catch Steve Nash from behind at least four times during the Suns series, so Boozer might be wise not to try to rely on his quickness.

mavsfan1000
05-20-2007, 05:33 AM
A midrange jumper generally is somewhere from the paint to the perimeter. If you take a 22 foot shot you're on the perimeter, but if you're in the high post, you aren't at the perimeter. Boozer is excellent at the high post, and it's a good bet he's going to be starting there a lot, also because the Spurs will fight to keep him out of the low block. Boozer has a number of very good moves from either place, but I saw Duncan catch Steve Nash from behind at least four times during the Suns series, so Boozer might be wise not to try to rely on his quickness.
If Boozer can use his quickness Bonzi Wells style than Duncan won't be able to block him that easily. For example Boozer fakes a shot and attacks the basket from the high and than jumps into Duncan preventing Duncan from blocking him. I think Boozer can go slightly further than high post but yeah that probably is his comfort zone. It depends on how Duncan guards him. If Duncan is coming out far than Boozer can go by him. Players that bother Duncan the most are players that can take Duncan away from the basket. We'll see if Boozer can do this.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 05:40 AM
If Boozer can use his quickness Bonzi Wells style than Duncan won't be able to block him that easily. For example Boozer fakes a shot and attacks the basket from the high and than jumps into Duncan preventing Duncan from blocking him. I think Boozer can go slightly further than high post but yeah that probably is his comfort zone. It depends on how Duncan guards him. If Duncan is coming out far than Boozer can go by him. Players that bother Duncan the most are players that can take Duncan away from the basket. We'll see if Boozer can do this.

Carlos Boozer is not as quick as Bonzi Wells, and Tim Duncan was able to keep Steve Nash from getting away from him. If Boozer jumps into Duncan he'll be called for offensive fouls and won't be on the floor long. If he stands outside the high post Duncan will let him stand out there and shoot jumpers all day long. If the Jazz can't run on a team then Boozer is a back to the basket guy. If the Nuggets and the Suns can't run on the Spurs Boozer is probably going to need to be in the post to be most effective.

mattyc
05-20-2007, 05:57 AM
He is good, but seriously guys - don't forget we have a bloke named Tim Duncan that they have to deal with.

Sec24Row7
05-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Boozer is great with both hands around the basket and has a reliable midrange shot when open...

He is a great rebounder...

He's not a wonderful shotblocker or passer...

Chris Webber was a bigger handful than Boozer, but to even make that comparison shows how good he has gotten in Utah.

romain.star
05-20-2007, 06:55 AM
the only scary thing about boozer is his ugly fat face

K-State Spur
05-20-2007, 12:25 PM
If Boozer goes for big point totals, it will be because he is killing us on the boards and getting 6-10 points on putbacks. I can't see him scoring 25+ in the normal offensive flow in the halfcourt against Oberto/Duncan. (One exception would be if we just decide to allow Boozer to go off and shut everybody else down - i.e Amare - but I don't think that will be the strategy).