PDA

View Full Version : Giving Thanks to Shaq, Phil Jackson and Mitch Kupchak.

LakeShow
05-20-2007, 10:59 AM
After watching the Cavs in the 4th quarter against NJ and the Spurs against the Suns in game 6, had me going thru the old Lakers playoffs series tapes and reminising. It's times like now that really has me appreciate what we had as a team and long for those days again. I had to take the time to give thanks to you all,

Shaq, thanks for being the bigger man in your dispute with Kobe. We all know Kobe was immature, stupid and down right arrogant when the two of you played together. You did exactly what an adult would expect you to do under certain situations. NOT! In LA we don't go to the press to show our displeasure with someone. We take it outside and handle ours. Why didn't you just beat Kobe down during one of your practices? You let your ego get the best of you in the final season with the Lakers. The Jackson firing was the final straw for you when you saw that you were no longer going to be allowed to dictate what Dr. Buss and the lakers do personnel wise. You were allowed to take off every offseason and work your way into shape during the season every year. You were allowed to have surgery when the season started rather than have it in the offseason like all of the other players in the league. You were allowed to totally disrespect Dr. Buss during a game with the whole world watching without any reprimand but that wasn't enough. You chose to take the stand, Trade Me! Three years later you are now being the better man with your rift with Kobe, 3 years too late. Just think if you have done that then, where the lakers would be right now. Probably going for your third straight title in a row! We know you hate being in Miami, you're in LA more in the offseason now than you were when you lived here. You can't get any peace in Miami where you're one of the biggest celebrities out there. In LA, you never had to worry about that because LA is the city of Stars and you were just an ordinary Joe here. No one gave a fuck what you did when you were not playing basketball. With that said we would like to thank you.......

Phil, one question. Why do you always have to get the big star on your team involved with your contract disputes? You did it in Chicago, with MJ saying he would not play for anyone other than you. You duplicated that with Shaq also saying he would not play for any other coach but you. Why? Was your legacy and contributions to this league enough to have you stand on your own? I can't give you a bye on the Kobe/Shaq rivalry. You could have stopped that back then. Instead of taking sides, you could have got those players to play together. Stepping back and saying nothing did nothing but contribute to the breakup. Shaq called you a benedict Arnold when you came back to the Lakers. Why did he call you that? Did you and he make a deal that you would never play or coach the lakers without each other on the team? Seems that way, if so, you were just as much a fault in all of this as the rest of people involved. That said, I want to thank you......

Mitch, Great job you did during this situation. How you traded Shaq for essentially Odom only, with he being the only player with the Lakers after the trade today. Brian Grant's enormous contract for three seasons was perhaps the worst deal ever made by a GM. You couldn't do any better than that? If that was the best you could do, why not do nothing? Why not just let Shaq cool off? After all he was under contract and had no room to make such demands. Jerry West would have never let that happen. I know Dr. Buss was pissed with Shaq, but you should have had the balls to say that you could not do what he asked and keep the Lakers championship caliber for the years to come. A GM's job is to make that team better, not worse. I just had to thank you..........

I wanted to thank you all for your contribution in the breakup of perhaps would have been the Greatest Champions of all time. Thanks for NOTHING and take this with you! :flipoff

Thank you for letting me Share!

p.s., my therapist told me letting it out would be good therapy for me! :depressed

trueD
05-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Do you feel better now? :lol

Really, thanks for the post.

You are talking about the same year Kobe made friendly with the Clips, before Shaq was dealt. You're not bitter about that?

Wasn't it the fued between Shaq and Kobe that ran off Jackson? And BTW, who won that fued between Shaq & Kobe, seeing that Shaq has the additional ring and essentially helped a bottom-feeding team become better?

P.S. I completely understand your bitterness. Trade Kobe and things will look up for your team, I promise. :smokin

LakeShow
05-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Do you feel better now? :lol

Really, thanks for the post.

You are talking about the same year Kobe made friendly with the Clips, before Shaq was dealt. You're not bitter about that?

Wasn't it the fued between Shaq and Kobe that ran off Jackson? And BTW, who won that fued between Shaq & Kobe, seeing that Shaq has the additional ring and essentially helped a bottom-feeding team become better?

P.S. I completely understand your bitterness. Trade Kobe and things will look up for your team, I promise. :smokin

:lol not really but it did feel good getting that off my chest! :smokin