PDA

View Full Version : The last time Utah won in San Antonio

Mitch Cumsteen
05-20-2007, 12:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the last time the Jazz beat us in SA was in 1999 after the lockout ended. If you remember the game, we were awful. We got the crap beat out of us in every way possible. Utah was probably up by 30 points at some point during the game, but extensive garbage time made the final score look closer than it was. Pop got ejected early in the game. The team looked as far as humanly possible from being a championship team. They were 6-8 and absolutely pathetic. People wanted Pop fired. It was probably the low point for the Spurs franchise under Popovich.

But something happened after that game.... for whatever reason, it really seemed to galvanize the team. They went on about a ten game winning streak that started that unbelievable tear through the rest of the season and the playoffs.

timvp
05-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah that was bad. It might have been the worst regular season loss in Spurs history, actually.

I still remember the "Spurs Hit a Low Note" headline from the Express-News after that game.

Budkin
05-20-2007, 12:54 PM
I just remember thinking "How the hell are we this bad?" Glad that all turned around!

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah that was bad. It might have been the worst regular season loss in Spurs history, actually.

I still remember the "Spurs Hit a Low Note" headline from the Express-News after that game.

Wasn't that the loss that made the Spurs 8-10 that season after which the Spurs went on their tear all the way to the finals? I think it was on national TV too.