PDA

View Full Version : It's gonna be a sweep: Jazz was totally dominated by The Spurs

longrod
05-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Not even worth a ticket.

SsKSpurs21
05-20-2007, 05:17 PM
are you serious? i guess you missed that little run by the jazz at the end. this is no way a walk in the park. if we get overconfident, the jazz are a team to exploit that. this series will got the distance.

Mr. Body
Stupid.

spurs1990
Was this worth starting another thread?

easjer
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah, except for where they kicked our asses in the second half.

Total domination by the Spurs.

:rolleyes

VinnyTestesVerde
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Not even worth a ticket.

that's the spurs ticket to a WCF exit :nope

FireSternin2007
05-20-2007, 05:24 PM
So, from a Jazz fan's perspective, SA completely dominated this game for one quarter, and matched the Jazz the rest of the way (or the Jazz matched the Spurs.) I think this game was closer than it felt. Boozer missed an easy J that would've brought us within 6 with lots of time. Foul when Deron stole the ball etc... etc... Those plays are part of the game and it went the Spurs way today. I'd say every game will be similiar. If the Jazz get a few more plays down the stretch in the next one, it may be 1-1 going back to Utah.

longrod
05-20-2007, 05:28 PM
The Spurs were resting after they realized that the Jazz was an inferior opponent. Smart coaching by Pop to save his players for the Pistons series. Utah is really a door mat of a team.

Jockularity!
05-20-2007, 05:29 PM
I can't see how someone who watched the second half could call this total domination. Utah owned the second half.

ATXSPUR
umm...no...that has got to be one of the most pitiful 4th quarter performances I have ever seen.

sa_butta
We tied the season series, I doubt we will sweep. I think we drop at least one in Utah during this series.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I think there is finally some competition for SpursDynasty.

UV Ray
05-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Not even worth a ticket.

No sweep, but definitely a Snorefest.

TampaDude
are you serious? i guess you missed that little run by the jazz at the end. this is no way a walk in the park. if we get overconfident, the jazz are a team to exploit that. this series will got the distance.

Yup...I won't be surprised if it goes 7 games.

Jockularity!
No sweep, but definitely a Snorefest.

108-100, real boring basketball right there :rolleyes

UV Ray
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
108-100, real boring basketball right there :rolleyes
A thrill an hour!

duncan228
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I think there is finally some competition for SpursDynasty.

Could it be SpursDynasty? :lol

ATXSPUR
05-20-2007, 05:35 PM

WHOA calm down! Now I know this wont be a walk in the park. But if we let the jazz take us 7 then we may as well just give the championship to detroit because they will eat us alive if that is the case.

longrod
05-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Regular season means nothing. Spurs always save themselves for the playoffs.

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 05:37 PM
So, from a Jazz fan's perspective, SA completely dominated this game for one quarter, and matched the Jazz the rest of the way (or the Jazz matched the Spurs.) I think this game was closer than it felt. Boozer missed an easy J that would've brought us within 6 with lots of time. Foul when Deron stole the ball etc... etc... Those plays are part of the game and it went the Spurs way today. I'd say every game will be similiar. If the Jazz get a few more plays down the stretch in the next one, it may be 1-1 going back to Utah

Good post. The sweep talk is foolish.

JAZZinSIX
05-20-2007, 05:38 PM
I still say Jazz in 6, but the experience of the Spurs is so, so tough. We fell apart in the 2nd quarter and the Spurs NEVER fall apart. It's so tough to either get a lead or come back from one against you guys.

I look to the positives. We killed you on the glass and if we can stay stable, we're going to give you all you can handle

longrod
05-20-2007, 05:38 PM
108-100 or 108-107, makes no difference. The winner was NEVER in question. The Jazz came to lose. And they did.

TampaDude
05-20-2007, 05:39 PM
WHOA calm down! Now I know this wont be a walk in the park. But if we let the jazz take us 7 then we may as well just give the championship to detroit because they will eat us alive if that is the case.

We'll see...

Leetonidas
05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I think the closeness of the game is a bit misleading. Deron Williams took that game over, much the way Nash did in Game 6, and went on a tear. Much props to him for scoring 18 or whatever it was in the 4th.

However, the rest of the Jazz were dominated. Williams really stepped it up to make it close but without his effort, not to mention some luck, the Jazz lose by 20.

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 05:43 PM
I still say Jazz in 6, but the experience of the Spurs is so, so tough. We fell apart in the 2nd quarter and the Spurs NEVER fall apart. It's so tough to either get a lead or come back from one against you guys.

I look to the positives. We killed you on the glass and if we can stay stable, we're going to give you all you can handle

I agree with all of this except the first five words. :)

This game was one bad quarter away from being a down to the wire 1 o 2 point battle.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2007, 05:43 PM
I can't see how someone who watched the second half could call this total domination. Utah owned the second half.

LOL @ this. Utah didn't own anyting in the second half. Spurs slowed down quite a bit.

longrod
05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I look to the positives.

The only positive is that this is going to be a safe series for those with heart problems. No one's gonna croak out of excitement, that's for sure.

How embarassing for Utah.

Jockularity!
05-20-2007, 05:45 PM
You wouldn't consider getting outscored 64-54 in the half, Utah's domination on the glass (48-33) and Deron Williams scoring almost at will a huge Utah advantage?

exstatic
The one big takeaway from this game is watching the Jazz totally break their offense and turn into Golden State Light. They were just chucking it there in the 4th, and I don't think they can continue to hit at that rate. I remember one missed shot, which they put back, and Manu missed 2 FTs and Tony missed a pair.

SpurOutofTownFan

The spurs have those streaks where they would pick you apart in pieces, usually started by Ginobili. Then they distance themselves for about 20 points and let it go. I've never seen a spurs team blowing out opponents for 48 minutes. I think it has a lot to do with sportmanship. If the spurs really want to step on it, there's no escape.

JAZZinSIX
05-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Duncan just said in the post game that the Jazz owned the second half. Maybe he's just playing possum, but I say that's the way the game went.

You guys are awesome. Make no mistake. Beating the Spurs is like attacking the Great Wall of China with an icepick. But the Jazz are young and they've shown an ability to play AND learn in every series so far.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Duncan just said in the post game that the Jazz owned the second half. Maybe he's just playing possum, but I say that's the way the game went.

Please define owning.

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 05:49 PM
You guys are awesome. Make no mistake. Beating the Spurs is like attacking the Great Wall of China with an icepick. But the Jazz are young and they've shown an ability to play AND learn in every series so far.

Its that youth that can work to their advantage...they are too young to know to be worried.

NorCalJazzFan
great game except for the 2nd quarter.....maybe DWill need to take over all game long.........bad games for AK, Memo.....

Manu had a great game.....TD was great as usual.....Pure basketball without the crying....Good Game....we look forward to game 2

See ya then

longrod
The Spurs are trying to keep Stern happy too. Talk it up 'cuz The Jazz cannot play.

ATXSPUR
05-20-2007, 05:50 PM
We'll see...

We will see. I hope that you are wrong though...and not even for fatigue reasons would this going 7 be bad for the Spurs. But if it takes us 7 games to beat the jazz then how in the world will we ever beat the Pistons?

Oh well heres to an exciting finish to the season!

Red Auerbach
05-20-2007, 05:50 PM
There won't be a sweep...we always win 4-2. It's part of that Stern conspiracy thing.... :lol

weebo
05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
The Spurs are trying to keep Stern happy too. Talk it up 'cuz The Jazz cannot play.

I beg to differ with the above quote. A Jerry Sloan team knows how to play.

T Park
05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
All this :lol

So, the Spurs running out of gas in the 4th, Finley an off night, bowen a WAY off game, he was hampered by foul trouble.

It took an outof his mind Deron Williams to make it a 10 point game.

The day off will help the spurs, bring that same effort and you can go to Utah 2-0.

SequSpur
05-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Spurs > Azz

SAGambler
05-20-2007, 06:10 PM
You wouldn't consider getting outscored 64-54 in the half, Utah's domination on the glass (48-33) and Deron Williams scoring almost at will a huge Utah advantage?

Well, I'm not looking for a sweep, but I don't think we will see a quarter like that from Williams again in this series.

I think the Spurs finally started running out of gas and it showed in the 4th.

Luckily Fin took over at the FT line and brought it on home.

Looked like Manu couldn't get any leg lift on his FTs. Same with Tony.. Those boys probably gonna get a good nights sleep tonight.

Game 2 I look for the Spurs to win by a bigger margin.

Guess we should give the Jazz some props for not giving up at what looked like an impossible situation begining the 4th. They tried hard to fight back and made it a good game in the end.

Hey Cubes.....Thanks for Fin......You da man

T Park
05-20-2007, 06:13 PM
If Bowen had any legs today, and makes half his shots like he normally does, Bonner, Udrih, and the rest of the stiffs play major minutes in the 4th.

Spurminator
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
The Jazz were clearly rusty in the first half. I thought the Spurs looked fantastic today but the Jazz can play a lot better. This is going to be a battle. Sweep talk is silly.

efrem1
05-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Kori. End this thread! I won't post on this type of thread until we're up 3-0. :bang

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Kori. End this thread! I won't post on this type of thread until we're up 3-0. :bang

Why?

BUMP
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
dont count the Jazz out

signed,

Houston Rockets

jazzin7
05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
All this :lol

So, the Spurs running out of gas in the 4th, Finley an off night, bowen a WAY off game, he was hampered by foul trouble.

It took an outof his mind Deron Williams to make it a 10 point game.

The day off will help the spurs, bring that same effort and you can go to Utah 2-0.

Dude, if you think that was "out of mind" for DW, you haven't been watching. Memo, AK, Boozer, Harpring, Giriceck all had so-so or bad games, or at least way under potential. I do give credit to the great D SA was playing, but man, I hope the Spurs locker room is cocky and overconfident right now like some of you guys. I'm doing that deja vu thing listening to the Rox frans crowing after they were up 2-0.

efrem1
05-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Why?

First, there was another thread started on this yesterday.

Second, I am old enough to remember those Lakers' fans back in 87' with the brooms in their hands yelling "Sweep, Sweep!!" after game 2 with the Celtics. They had to go six games to put them away. Give the Jazz some props. :hat

CosmicCowboy
05-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Dude, if you think that was "out of mind" for DW, you haven't been watching. Memo, AK, Boozer, Harpring, Giriceck all had so-so or bad games, or at least way under potential. I do give credit to the great D SA was playing, but man, I hope the Spurs locker room is cocky and overconfident right now like some of you guys. I'm doing that deja vu thing listening to the Rox frans crowing after they were up 2-0.

Trust me, the Spurs locker room respects this Jazz team and coach as much as the knowledgeable posters on this board.

Message board warriors declaring victory after the first game of a 7 game series make me laugh.

conversekid
05-20-2007, 06:50 PM

if the spurs don't hit their throws at the end of the game, who knows what happens.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-20-2007, 06:59 PM
This series should be over in 4, but the Spurs may play bad one game

T Park
05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Dude, if you think that was "out of mind" for DW, you haven't been watching

I've been watching.

I've also been watching Bruce Bowen.

Bowen will adjust, and Williams better hope Bowen is still tired.

TheTruth
05-20-2007, 07:03 PM
The Jazz got a 30+ point game from their PG and still had to rally at the end to keep it from being double digits? Spurs in 5.

TheTruth
05-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Other than DW and Booz no one else on the Jazz can get ANY consistent offense. Okur will be a liability this entire season trying to guard Timmy.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-20-2007, 07:10 PM
I didn't see the game, will watch it tonight, but man how I love these people who call a 7 game series over after game 1. That's never come back to bite anyone in the arse, no siree! :rolleyes

It'll go 6. Utah are a better team than you think, and they out-rebounded us by over 20 today leading to 16 more shots! We let that happen again and we could be in trouble.

No jinx. :lol

longrod
05-20-2007, 07:21 PM
A sweep is a sweep is a sweep. Spurs will part the Great Salt Lake and ascend to the NBA finals!

Agloco
05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
So, from a Jazz fan's perspective, SA completely dominated this game for one quarter, and matched the Jazz the rest of the way (or the Jazz matched the Spurs.) I think this game was closer than it felt. Boozer missed an easy J that would've brought us within 6 with lots of time. Foul when Deron stole the ball etc... etc... Those plays are part of the game and it went the Spurs way today. I'd say every game will be similiar. If the Jazz get a few more plays down the stretch in the next one, it may be 1-1 going back to Utah.

Looking at the other side of the fence though........

It took lights out shooting to bring them back in the pourth quarter. They hit 9 of 9 and 11 of 13 shots at a point.

Meanwhile the Spurs were bricking freethrows left and right down the stretch (until Finley started going to the line).

I think the Jazz will shoot much better than this the rest of the way aand that does make me nervous. As for the game being closer than it felt? No way. The Jazz outplayed the Spurs for an 8 minute span in the fourth, other than that is was a clinic for the Spurs.

You're rarely going to see the Spurs hold 20 point leads. They tend to ease up off of the throttle toward the end of games.

Agloco
05-20-2007, 07:46 PM
I've been watching.

I've also been watching Bruce Bowen.

Bowen will adjust, and Williams better hope Bowen is still tired.

Fact is, Bowen wasn't on him during that stretch in the fourth. He was in foul trouble. Tony was playing him most of the time.

If Tony remains agressive on the offensive end he can take Williams out of his game. Attack attack attack......

FireSternin2007
05-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Looking at the other side of the fence though........

It took lights out shooting to bring them back in the pourth quarter. They hit 9 of 9 and 11 of 13 shots at a point.

Meanwhile the Spurs were bricking freethrows left and right down the stretch (until Finley started going to the line).

I think the Jazz will shoot much better than this the rest of the way aand that does make me nervous. As for the game being closer than it felt? No way. The Jazz outplayed the Spurs for an 8 minute span in the fourth, other than that is was a clinic for the Spurs.

You're rarely going to see the Spurs hold 20 point leads. They tend to ease up off of the throttle toward the end of games.

Well, there has been a lot of talk about how only a fourth quarter run made it close, but if you look at the box score, the first and third quarters are a wash and the Jazz win the fourth. It was a huge 2nd quarter that won the game for SA. Also, D Will is capable of scoring like that every night, but that's not his role. He only put his team on his back because no one else could get it going. i still say it was closer than it felt and the Jazz were 4 or 5 defensive stops away in the 2nd quarter from taking this down to the wire. Also, at one point the Jazz were shooting 24%, which makes it easy to put on a clinic.

timvp
05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
This was a throw away game. The Jazz were a little rattled by the big stage and had a pretty horrible showing. This game was more the Jazz were bad than the Spurs were good.

I expect much better performances out of Utah from here on forward.

peskypesky
05-20-2007, 08:53 PM

7 games???? Are you out of your mind?

Did you watch the game today?

I said Spurs in 6, but I'm trimming that to Spurs in 5.

iflyabeech
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
This was the first game I have been to in a while, but after the first 7-0 run by the Jazz, the Spurs owned the rest of them game....they snoozed a little late, but you could just feel it in the arena....they were not gonna lose! Spurs in 5....maybe 4 if they don't snooze too much!

Budkin
05-20-2007, 08:57 PM
One game doesn't mean shit, and part of the Spurs problem when they win easily is that they start sleepwalking in the next game. Also, playing in Utah is really really tough...

peskypesky
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
One game doesn't mean shit, and part of the Spurs problem when they win easily is that they start sleepwalking in the next game. Also, playing in Utah is really really tough...

Well, you're right, I guess, 'cause wasn't Houston up 2-0 on the Jazz? But the Jazz just didn't seem to be equals to the Spurs in this game. We'll see how they do in Game 2.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2007, 09:05 PM
As Tony said in the postgame, the Spurs guarded the pick-n-roll horribly in the 2nd half - that's why Deron went off. DW wasn't very good at all in the first.

As for a sweep, that's probably a little premature considering the Jazz dominated the Spurs on both ends of the floor from midway through the 3rd onward.

The Spurs were probably a little tired and a little disinterested in the lack of Jazz effort in the first half.

Kobulingam
05-20-2007, 09:06 PM

Spurs let up as the game was pretty much out of hand and they were tired. That second quarter intensity is always within their powers.

Agloco
05-20-2007, 09:07 PM

You mean he averages 30 points and 9 assists regularly?

I can also assume that he goes off for 16 points in the fourth quarter routinely as well right?

violentkitten
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
what's this shit? have not you fuckers been on a trip up the mountain before?

DarrinS
05-20-2007, 09:14 PM
I wish there was a player on the Jazz I really disliked. I caught myself yawning a few times in the 2nd half. I dont' know why, but I never felt like the game was in jeopardy -- not even when they made their run.

Spurs were clicking in the first half, but they just looked tired, bored, whatever, in the second half.

Spurs in 5.

violentkitten
05-20-2007, 09:15 PM
the jazz could very easily win game 2. settle down and buckle up.

DarrinS
05-20-2007, 09:16 PM
the jazz could very easily win game 2. settle down and buckle up.

I would be shocked if that happened.

violentkitten
05-20-2007, 09:17 PM
who thought they would lose game 4 in the last series?

florige
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
A sweep is a sweep is a sweep. Spurs will part the Great Salt Lake and ascend to the NBA finals!

Dude you gotta remember in 05 after we blew out Detroit in games 1 & 2. Everything looking like the Spurs were in complete command of that series, then WHAM! Detroit completley destroys us the next two games, and in game 5 we got fortunate that Horry went Jordan in the 4th quarter to bail us out of that one. The point im trying to make here is we are dealing with a great coach here who game the mighty Bulls a run for their money on two separate occasions. Granted it was with the awesome duo of Stockton & Malone that still doesn't nullify the fact that this guy knows what he's doing. If this were some stiff, say Mike Brown at Cleveland, or a young coach like say Scott Skiles then maybe I would say yeah why not sweep. But with Sloan behind the helm there, I wouldn't be surprised (just like in 05 with Larry Brown) Sloan finding some weakness for them to exploit and turn this thing around. And you must know that we have been known to lay eggs in playoff games it seems every year.

longrod
05-20-2007, 09:44 PM
The Jazz will never fit even on the same page with the Pistons. Detroit, now that is a ball club. Spurs in 7 in the finals.

tru2ou
05-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Been around Sports a long time and have seen everything (I still vividly remember the 79 series when we were up 3-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals and lost) It became known as the "Fat Lady Series". The point was it wasn't over until the Fat Lady Sung and I don't here her singing yet. Did Dallas not get the Big Head and start planning a parade last year after being up 2-0 in the finals last year? I would love a sweep but let's take it one game at a time please.

RedWingz
05-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Didnt people say Spurs would sweep Pistons in 05? or no more then 5 games?
bottom line is Spurs will win the series but I wouldnt be suprised if it takes 6.Jazz are better then they looked last night

longrod
05-23-2007, 09:12 AM
A sweep is a sweep is a sweep. The two teams are on totally different levels.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-23-2007, 10:38 AM
A sweep is a sweep is a sweep. The two teams are on totally different levels.

I agree. This isn't even a series. It's over. It was over before it started. They might lose a game but I really doubt it. Jazz is not ready yet.

I really believe spurs won't let it down here and will win everything else. They sense the 4th championship is up for grabs this time. They are on a mission.