PDA

View Full Version : God I love Jerry Sloan...

Sec24Row7
05-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Watching his postgame interview now...

I'd follow that guy to war.

E20
05-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Can someone post it, I really wanna hear it. If the Spurs beat the Jazz the person I'll feel most sad for is Sloan.

mjnxn
05-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Awesome coach. Not his fault Malone was a choker and Michael Jordan pushed off Brian Russel in game 6.

Budkin
05-20-2007, 06:27 PM
It's too bad he coaches the Jazz. I will always root against the Jazz no matter what.

Sec24Row7
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
So funny everyone wants to give him a coach of the year...

When he couldn't even give a shit...

gaKNOW!blee
05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Awesome coach. Not his fault Malone was a choker and Michael Jordan pushed off Brian Russel in game 6.

clean.

judaspriestess
05-20-2007, 06:38 PM
care to give any soundbites?

duncan228
05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
care to give any soundbites?

Try nba.com later, they only have the pregame conferences now.
Also Spurs.com should have all of the conferences by tomorrow if not later tonight.
And Kori usually puts up links for them too.

T Park
05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

THE FRIGGEN HATED JAZZ!!!

They are the evil empire second to the Lakers still.

These are the hated fuggin jazz.

Fuck this "I love Jerry SLoan" bullshit.

CharlieMac
05-20-2007, 06:55 PM

There's no use in him getting his hopes up anymore. Not with D'Antoni and Mitchell in the league. Haven't you seen Amare and Bosh dunk? That takes coaching there.

El_Mago
05-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

I was a young teenager when the Jazz were killing the Spurs in the playoffs.

I hated everything Jazz and Jerry Sloan.

However, as I've grown, my appreciation for great players and coaches has grown extremely.

I love Jerry Sloan.

I love what he stands for. He's an old school coach who demands respect from his players and will not give anyone the super star treatment and knows how to respect his players.

He's about defense and hustle. He's been loyal to the Jazz during the good and bad times. He brings out the best in players and goes to war with what he has and never airs his teams dirty laundy in public.

If the Spurs ever needed another coach I would not look to Avery Johnson, Jeff Van Gundy, etc....

I would want Jerry Sloan.

mullet
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
fuck sloan and fuck the jazz. and fuck millsap. i hate this team

mVp
05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

amen

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't love Jerry Sloan...but I do respect what he has done.

ZStomp
05-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Love??????????????????????????

GrandeDavid
05-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Watching his postgame interview now...

I'd follow that guy to war.

John Amaechi says Sloan crossed the line when he (Sloan) called him a "c*nt" during a game. According to Amaechi, he then yelled from the game floor "f*ck you, Jerry, f*ck you." Then he (Amaechi) got buried on the bench.

GrandeDavid
05-20-2007, 07:33 PM

Pop couldn't give a shit about the accolades either. So props to Pop.

Sec24Row7
05-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Don't ask dont tell...

SpursFanFirst
05-20-2007, 07:49 PM
http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/press_conf/pre_pc_popovich_070520.asx&video=blank&nbasite=nba

easjer
05-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm a fan of his coaching and the style of ball he wants to play, but I don't approve of some of the stories I've heard (like calling players a cunt - so inappropriate. Or like advising his players to give hard, punishing fouls).

That said, his post game press conference was fucking awesome.

E20
05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I liked the interview on ABC.

Jerry Sloan doesn't have a computer and doesn't know what an IPOD is. He uses high school rules i.e No headphones. :lol

Budkin
05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
John Amaechi says Sloan crossed the line when he (Sloan) called him a "cunt" during a game. According to Amaechi, he then yelled from the game floor "fuck you, Jerry, fuck you." Then he (Amaechi) got buried on the bench.

That's awesome. Fuck Sloan. Oh yeah, and fuck the Jazz... I want us to crush them.

T Park
05-20-2007, 08:15 PM
but I don't approve of some of the stories I've heard (like calling players a cunt - so inappropriate. Or like advising his players to give hard, punishing fouls).

Giving hard punishing fouls is a good thing.

Be friggen tough.

Das Texan
05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
at least sloan doesnt whine about the officials.

I'll give him credit for that.

DarrinS
05-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Man crush?

peskypesky
05-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

Come on! How can they be an Evil Empire when they've never won a Championship?

And second, I respect and like Jerry Sloan because he's a great coach and a class act, and there's nothing wrong with having respect for your foe. Just as long as you still stick it to him when it counts.

sprrs
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

After six agonizing games of D'Antoni, ANYONE gets my approval.

conversekid
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

My thoughts exactly! Hey Utah :flipoff :flipoff

violentkitten
05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
do i love jerry sloan? fuck no. i sure as hell don't want to be fucked up the ass.

do i respect him? absolutely.

exstatic
05-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Does anyone realize what happened today? Jerry ran up the white flag. He essentially said We can't beat you playing Jazz slow ball, so we'll do some Nellie ball and hack people, then run down and chuck up some shots.

We broke Utah's offense...in game 1.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
That was a pretty awesome interview.

JustSpurs
05-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I respect the hell out of Sloan. He exudes class.

td4mvp21
05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't necessarily like Sloan, but at least he isn't a fucking bitch like D'Antoni. He gave the Spurs credit, he wasn't crying and stomping his feet like D'Antonio, and his players never complain (unlike the bitchy Suns). Basically, they are a very respectable opponent. I still don't like them and hope we kick their ass though :smokin.

BigBeezie
05-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Jerry Sloan can choke on his dinner and croak for all I care. Fuck the Jazz and Fuck Jerry Sloan. I want to sweep these MoFos.

jazzin7
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Does anyone realize what happened today? Jerry ran up the white flag. He essentially said We can't beat you playing Jazz slow ball, so we'll do some Nellie ball and hack people, then run down and chuck up some shots.

We broke Utah's offense...in game 1.

You buy that? You should have listened to the post-games with Houston and Warriors. Same thing. He wants everyone to get real complacent -- plus he always tips his hat to the opposing team. Dumb like a fox. Hope the Spurs are going to bed believing they are a team of destiny, wouldn't want it any other way.

Strike
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
It was such a nice change to see the Spurs opponents NOT whine about every fucking call. Most of the time they just gave up the ball and took their dead ball positions. Sloan got upset a couple times but that's what I expect from him. He's a passionate coach, much like Pizzafaceovitch.

I've never liked the Jazz, being both a Spurs and Blazer fan. But they have my respect.

SLOAN > D'antoni

Kori Ellis
05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
You buy that? You should have listened to the post-games with Houston and Warriors. Same thing. He wants everyone to get real complacent -- plus he always tips his hat to the opposing team. Dumb like a fox. Hope the Spurs are going to bed believing they are a team of destiny, wouldn't want it any other way.

Considering that Pop, Tony and Tim all said in the postgame that they were completely outplayed by the Jazz in the second half on both ends and that they need to work on execution, pick n roll D, etc, I don't think they believe in any destiny garbage right now.

jazzin7
05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Considering that Pop, Tony and Tim all said in the postgame that they were completely outplayed by the Jazz in the second half on both ends and that they need to work on execution, pick n roll D, etc, I don't think they believe in any destiny garbage right now.

Shit! It sure worked on the other teams. two classy teams facing off. Hope Jazz give you the need to take your heart medicine before this is over. but...no furn and fun, no brawls, no cheap shots. BORING :spin

violentkitten
05-20-2007, 10:37 PM
i guess the jazz will have the spurs right where they want them up 1-3 in the series soon enough.

crazyfool42
05-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I was a young teenager when the Jazz were killing the Spurs in the playoffs.

I hated everything Jazz and Jerry Sloan.

However, as I've grown, my appreciation for great players and coaches has grown extremely.

I love Jerry Sloan.

I love what he stands for. He's an old school coach who demands respect from his players and will not give anyone the super star treatment and knows how to respect his players.

He's about defense and hustle. He's been loyal to the Jazz during the good and bad times. He brings out the best in players and goes to war with what he has and never airs his teams dirty laundy in public.

If the Spurs ever needed another coach I would not look to Avery Johnson, Jeff Van Gundy, etc....

I would want Jerry Sloan.

i feel that way too...i also remember how much we hated the jazz with stockton/malone.

but yeah sloan is a very good coach, an old school, tough coach.

talk about total opposite from D'antoni...and the jazz compared to the suns

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

exactly. You can always count on T Park for a reality check :lol

ATXSPUR
05-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Uh excuse me.

This is utah.

I agree. Well I dont HATE the jazz. But I believe this is just TOO much of a love affair for the wcf. I mean respect the man sure. But a lot of people on here are acting like they want to have his baby. Atleast wait until the series is over.

Too much drooling over ak, boozer, williams, and sloan.

SpursIndonesia
05-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I respect him a lot as he's one of the old skool coach type left in the bussiness. Buth that's just about it.

Aud21946
05-21-2007, 04:57 AM
I remember Getting smashed by Utah back in the day and I can't stand the teams of Malone and Stockton. Maybe I can find some clips of old Utah and Show Phx a dirty team .. But after listening to Sloan Post game interview ... I have to geive that man respect for the way he came out and tipped his cap to the Spurs in a show of class and Challenged his OWN players. TRUE OLD SCHOOL! Hopefully,I don't think he is too EMO for the Younger crowd ....