PDA

View Full Version : How To Save The Democratic Party

Hook Dem
11-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Editorials by, Mr. Danny Calhoun

Somerset, Kentucky, USA
For Mr. Calhoun's previous editorials, please click here <http://www.christian-news-in-maine.com/guest.html>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 27th, 2004

HOW TO SAVE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

--MY OPINION

I guess I'll have to say it again. I AM NOT AGAINST THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

One of my daughters is even married to a Democrat. She was always a little strange.

The Democratic Party, per se, is not an "evil group of people attempting to destroy our country." There are many Democrats in our country who are decent patriotic hard working people, with only the best interests of our country in mind. The party has brought forth issues and ideas that could and would benefit all of us. I would love to support some of those ideas, but can't. We are forced to accept the bad along with the good and for the past 30-40 years the bad aspects of the party have far outweighed the good.

The problem is that the Democratic Party has handed over its control to the "Ultra Left Politically Correct Liberal Elitist faction of the party. This faction is just simply completely out of touch with the vast majority of the people in our country. The recent Presidential Election proves that. I see that the Democrat spin doctors and liberal media continue to say how close this election was. Not true. One of them recently stated that "Kerry only lost by 60,000 votes." She only counted the Ohio vote and completely ignored the 3½ plus million popular vote President Bush won by. If you do not believe that the "people" of our country spoke up, just look at some of the national election results for the entire country.

Morality does count. As long as the Democrats allow their party to embrace issues that the vast majority of our people oppose they will continue to lose. You all know which ones I'm referring to. Someone in the Democratic Party has to come forward with the message, "STOP THE MADNESS." Someone has to have the courage to state that the party must stop catering to the special interest groups who demand special rights and laws to further their agendas. Someone has to have the courage to say religious values, traditional values, principles and common decency are still very important to the vast majority of our citizens. Someone has to have the courage to say that the Liberal agenda has failed. Instead they plan to run Hillary for President. Now there is a great idea for uniting us.

I have decided to take it upon myself to make some suggestions on how the existing Democratic Party, without any changes, can win the Presidential Election in 2008.

Naturally, they don't have to take my advice. After all, I'm just part of the "Hillbilly Vote." However, since I received my college degree I wish you would refer to me as a "Mountain William Vote."

1-Be sure to nominate Hilary Clinton or even John Kerry again as your candidate. We all saw how well the people responded to a North Eastern Ultra Liberal candidate and his values in this election. If you do decide on Kerry make sure you emphasize that he is a war hero. However, what ever you do, don't allow anyone to question his heroics. If you decide to run Hilary make sure no one is allowed to question any aspects of her past.

2-Fund Michael Moore to present a documentary exposing religion in America. Release this film making fun of the born again Christians in our country, just before the election. This will obviously embarrass them and cause them not to vote. Oh and be sure to give him a high level presence at the Democratic Convention.

3-Involve more highly intelligent Hollywood stars in the campaign, like Susan Saradan and her wife Tim Robbins, Ben Affleck, Whoopi Goldberg, Sean Penn, Barbara Striesand and other such great intellectuals. Adopt P Diddy's catchy slogan, "Vote or die," as your national motto. We all saw how it turned out millions of young voters. Have lots more free concerts. And don't forget to involve those great Americans, with only the countries best interests at heart, like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, in your campaign.

4-Continue to refer to southerners and mid-westerners as the "Hillbilly Vote." Be sure to continue to state that your supporters "Don't drive pickup trucks, own guns or go to NAS-CAR races." By all means refer to them as "dumb" because they don't speak the same way your candidate does.

5-Continue to criticize our military. Make sure our troops realize they are, "fighting an immoral war that they can't win" and "how badly they are doing in fighting the war."

Be sure to emphasize that we are willing to accept something other than victory to get us out of Iraq. Attempt to get the message out that we are facing a deadly enemy intent on killing as many of us as possible, but that we shouldn't move against them until they attack us. And most importantly, continue to be very concerned with and emphasize the rights of the terrorists we are fighting.

6-Emphasize Gun Control. We all know that Americans "hate guns and realize that guns kill people not criminals." But, be sure to oppose any laws that require mandatory prison time for those who use guns committing crimes. Finally, once and for all advocate doing away with that pesky 2nd Amendment, which many uninformed people believe guarantees us the right to bear arms.

7- Continue to advocate special laws for groups protecting their lifestyle choices. You started with homosexual rights, extended that to bi-sexuals, trans-genders and cross dressers. Extend these special laws and rights to others just as deserving. Stand up for the rights of those who choose to be pedophiles, practice bestiality, masochism, sadism, and all those other "isms." Make it known that if a man truly loves his dog he should have the right to marry it.

8-Continue to advocate abortion on demand for any reason. Guarantee the right of a 13 year girl to have an abortion without her parents knowledge. Extend the right to killing a baby as its being born (late term abortion) to one hour after birth. That way if the mother doesn't like the baby she can still have it killed. A great idea you might try is "Retro-active Abortion." Once it's decided that a person is of no use to society, regardless of their age, you could have them retro-actively aborted. I doubt you'll go for that though. It goes against your logic that it's ok to kill an unborn innocent baby but not ok to give the death penalty to criminals, or even terrorists, under any condition.

9-Continue your plan to co-operate with our European friends to gain favor with them and beg for their support. You could nominate people from France, Germany, Russia, Iran, etc., to serve on your cabinet. I think the Constitution allows this. You might even demand that our Senators and Congressmen learn to speak their languages. Since we are so uncultured in America these cabinet members could possibly spread some much needed European culture here.

10-Continue advocating higher taxes. Naturally take most of those taxes from the "rich." If you do that it will make the middle class Americans, who will also be paying more taxes, feel better about it. Another one of your great ideas to continue is that if there ever is a tax rebate those who don't work and pay taxes should be given the same rebate as those who do.

11-Continue to place Liberal activist Judges in our courts who will take it upon themselves to use our Constitution to make laws instead of their actual job of interpreting laws. Make sure that you oppose the appointment of any judge who does not follow your Liberal rhetoric or embrace your ideas of what our country should be.

12- Above all else continue your fear campaign and crusade to divide our country. Continue to tell our minority citizens that the Republican Party has no concern for them and that the system doesn't work for them. Continue to tell our seniors that their Social Security will be taken from them. Continue to advocate the right to burn our flag, the removal of "Under God" from our Pledge of Allegiance and the removal of The 10 Commandments from our schools and public places and trying to remove religious values from all aspects of our lives.

Make sure that those choosing to move to our country know that we will do everything possible to change our country to suit their values and beliefs. But, most importantly of all, continue to destroy the foundation of values, mores and principles are country was based on.

Maybe, just maybe, if the real members of the Democratic Party finally do stand up and demand that their party be returned to a point where it actually represents mainstream America, it will not only survive but flourish. Maybe then we can get back to a 2 party system that has its disagreements, but works together to build and unite our country, continuing to make it the greatest on earth.

But then, that's just my opinion--and that of many others.

Duff McCartney
11-28-2004, 07:42 PM
HOW TO SAVE THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

--MY OPINION

Well...that covers that. I think we can delete this thread.

Hook Dem
11-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Well...that covers that. I think we can delete this thread.
Can you even read you ignorant shag head? Go back and look! It's not my opinion. It's an editorial. No wonder you're a Democrat!!!!!

Guru of Nothing
11-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Editorials by, Mr. Danny Calhoun

Somerset, Kentucky, USA
For Mr. Calhoun's previous editorials, please click here <http://www.christian-news-in-maine.com/guest.html>

4-Continue to refer to southerners and mid-westerners as the "Hillbilly Vote." Be sure to continue to state that your supporters "Don't drive pickup trucks, own guns or go to NAS-CAR races." By all means refer to them as "dumb" because they don't speak the same way your candidate does.

It's NASCAR, not NAS-CAR, you dumb fucking hillbilly.

Poor Danny cannot even "talk the talk."

NeoConIV
11-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Overlooking a petty NASCAR gaffe, I thought he pretty much nailed it. But hey, what do I know?

Guru of Nothing
11-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Overlooking a petty NASCAR gaffe, I thought he pretty much nailed it. But hey, what do I know?

MY POINT BEING - if one does not know WTF they are talking about, they should STFU.

exstatic
11-28-2004, 09:19 PM
THe "real" solution? Nominate Southern Democrats. Clinton won two elections and Gore beat Bush in the popular vote, which shouldn't come as any surprise since Bush had more trouble than any GOPer in recent history putting away a Liberal candidate from Massachussetts. Laugh all you want, but there is a basic distrust for anyone North of the M/D line by Southerners, a bubba factor if you will. Souther Democrats do just fine against the GOP.

NeoConIV
11-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Personally, I think he knew double u Tee eff he was talking about, aside from said NasCare gaffe. But, going with your wise counsel, don't you think it's about time you STFU?

:)

Aye X, you just might be on to something there!

Guru of Nothing
11-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Personally, I think he knew double u Tee eff he was talking about, aside from said NasCare gaffe. But, going with your wise counsel, don't you think it's about time you STFU?

Given the audience .... uhmmm ... okay, I'll stfu.

bu-bye.

NeoConIV
11-28-2004, 10:33 PM
You used to be so self deprecating.. What happened to you man? You were beautiful. Now you're shit don't stink, what gives man? Can't take some joshing?

'given the audience...har har har' you hoitie toitie bastard!

ok, bye bye.

Guru of Nothing
11-28-2004, 10:38 PM
You used to be so self deprecating.. What happened to you man? You were beautiful. Now you're shit don't stink, what gives man? Can't take some joshing?

'given the audience...har har har' you hoitie toitie bastard!

ok, bye bye.

I blame it all on thin skin. It happens to us all. My apologies.

Thanks for the compliment.

GoN

NeoConIV
11-28-2004, 10:48 PM
It's all in the emoticons...If I didn't put that little smiley emoticon, you would be right in taking offense and would be right in scoffing at myself and my pitiful existence. But I did put the smiley there, indicating that I was just http://www.marduke.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_poke.gif with ya. C'mon, you know you're one of my spurstalk favs...

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 01:06 AM
OR http://tinypic.com/p3ekx

Nbadan
11-29-2004, 04:11 AM
What a bunch of garbage. The only reason W won was because of vote fraud and the Bush tax cuts. Forget morality. Its a media created issue. Republicans are less moral than Democrats. Like Hookdem, they could give a shit about their fellow man.

Much like its supporters on this board, the W adminstration's specialty is talking out of both sides of its mouth. It decrys the use of Cheney's lesbian daughter by kerry while at the same time scaring Southerners and Midwesterners with the whole gay marriage issue. It decrys entitlement programs, while supporters in Red states on average use more federal programs than those in Red States. The administrations asks other nations to make sacrafices for the war in Iraq, but refuses to share in the bounty of war except for a few privelged few.

The country has never been more politically divided since W took office. Presidient Clinton, a Democrat was a uniter, until the Republican Senate turned to dirty tricks to stifle his Presidency in its second term. The * administration has repeatidly shown that it has no room for moderation or counter-arguments. Malcontents in even the Republican ranks are dealt with harshly and throughly by Delay and his goons.

Nowhere is the political isolationism in the decision making of this administration more evident than in it's foreign policy relationships. To put it simply there is none. The U S. expects everyone to jump when they say so, and are offended when a country has the gull to tell us to take a long leap off a short bridge. What arrogance, but if you haven't noticed by reading this board for some time, most W supporters mirror the adminstrations attitude towards foreigners and the U.N..

Nbadan
11-29-2004, 04:17 AM
Continue to place Liberal activist Judges in our courts who will take it upon themselves to use our Constitution to make laws instead of their actual job of interpreting laws. Make sure that you oppose the appointment of any judge who does not follow your Liberal rhetoric or embrace your ideas of what our country should be

So when a Conservative Supreme Court Judge like Scolia or Thomas makes a ruling they are 'interpreting law', but when a less-conservative Judge like Ruth Ginsburg makes a ruling, she is a 'activist judge'? OK, now I get it.

:rolleyes

Nbadan
11-29-2004, 04:20 AM
Fund Michael Moore to present a documentary exposing religion in America. Release this film making fun of the born again Christians in our country, just before the election. This will obviously embarrass them and cause them not to vote. Oh and be sure to give him a high level presence at the Democratic Convention

Nah, just sic the IRS on their hypocritical asses. If they want to campaign from the Pulpit, bye-bye tax excemption. Of course, this is the real reason W wants to 'stream-line' the IRS.

Nbadan
11-29-2004, 04:31 AM
5-Continue to criticize our military. Make sure our troops realize they are, "fighting an immoral war that they can't win" and "how badly they are doing in fighting the war."

Be sure to emphasize that we are willing to accept something other than victory to get us out of Iraq. Attempt to get the message out that we are facing a deadly enemy intent on killing as many of us as possible, but that we shouldn't move against them until they attack us. And most importantly, continue to be very concerned with and emphasize the rights of the terrorists we are fighting.

Aren't hard-core NeoCons now willing to accept something else besides 'complete victory' in Iraq now also? What hypocrisy.

It clear that the adminstrations plan of collective punishment, and carrot-and-stick foreign policy has been a dismal failure in Iraq. We have lost 1,285 troops, spent $185 billion dollars, 4,000+ American causalities, and what do we have to show for it? A Nation in ruins and on the brink of Civil War. Rebels armed to the teeth killing American troops with munitions stolen from weapons caches that were never properly guarded or destroyed by the under-manned Pentagon. Iraq's boarders with Iran and Syria as pourous as the U.S. southern boarder.

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 10:43 AM
On second thought Dan, I don't think you can be saved! :lol

FromWayDowntown
11-29-2004, 11:18 AM
So when a Conservative Supreme Court Judge like Scolia or Thomas makes a ruling they are 'interpreting law', but when a less-conservative Judge like Ruth Ginsburg makes a ruling, she is a 'activist judge'? OK, now I get it.

I agree that this is the rhetorical paradox in the judiciary.

Conservative judges are as much activist judges as liberal judges, particularly when it comes to constitutional law. Almost all constitutional law -- and particularly at the Supreme Court level -- is a matter of philosophy, and almost none of the 9 are immune from advocating a view that raises questions. Mostly, I think we should look for judges who are willing to respect the law that has been made and apply that law to the facts before the court. In law, it's the doctrine of stare decisis, and frankly, Judges like Scalia, Thomas, and Rehnquist are less likely to adhere to stare decisis than judges like Ginsberg, Souter, and Breyer.

Want an example? In the last 5 years, Scalia, Thomas, and Rehnquist signed off on a dissenting opinion in which they claimed that the Miranda rights (which emanate from a 1960's decision, Miranda v. Arizona) should not be constitutionally-required when a person is arrested. To reach that conclusion, Scalia, Thomas, and Rehnquist had to flatly say that they believed that Miranda should not be the law -- that a long-recognized constitutional precept should just be ignored. Now tell me, why is that not an "activist" position? Had a liberal judge on the 9th Circuit taken a similar position, he'd be bashed and branded an "activist," but since its the 3 Neo-Con knights, their's is a well-reasoned criticism.

The truth of the matter is that most people don't take the time to learn the law to an extent that would allow them to determine if judges are activists or not. While some find the decisions hard to swallow, issues like those raised in the Pledge of Allegiance case or the Ten Commandments case were decided in light of existing determinations made by some fairly-conservative Supreme Courts through the years. I find it somewhat amusing that a judge who does nothing other than apply the Supreme Court's jurisprudence is labelled an "activist," while a judge who chooses to ignore the same precedent is somehow a "strict constructionist." It's a semantic game that depends entirely upon whose ox is being gored.

dcole50
11-29-2004, 12:09 PM
THe "real" solution? Nominate Southern Democrats.
agreed. who that southerner should be ... hmm .. talk to me in two years. it's too early to tell right now.

exstatic
11-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Lets' just say that the Demo candidate should be perceived as being Southern, like Bush was.

FromWayDowntown
11-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Lets' just say that the Demo candidate should be perceived as being Southern, like Bush was.

I think it's a good idea, but Gore is Southern and he struggled in the South against Shrub in 2000. Part of that is a backlash against second-term Clinton (and part of it is just that Gore wasn't Clinton), so I don't think the idea is necessarily flawed. As with any candidate, there has to be something to excite and mobilize voters. I do think that the Democratic party has to identify a viable candidates from areas where it is weakest, and I think ideally that would be someone from an electoral vote-rich southern state

exstatic, sounds like you might have someone in mind . . . .

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 02:12 PM
I think it's a good idea, but Gore is Southern and he struggled in the South against Shrub in 2000. Part of that is a backlash against second-term Clinton (and part of it is just that Gore wasn't Clinton), so I don't think the idea is necessarily flawed. As with any candidate, there has to be something to excite and mobilize voters. I do think that the Democratic party has to identify a viable candidates from areas where it is weakest, and I think ideally that would be someone from an electoral vote-rich southern state

exstatic, sounds like you might have someone in mind . . . .
http://tinypic.com/p58o1

Spurminator
11-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Hillary is the best bet. There are a number of conservatives who have the same rabid loathing for the Clintons as many liberals have for Bush... This is certain to cause a kind of antagonization that will be viewed by many moderates as unfair, and I think they would side with Hillary in most cases.

Of course, a lot of this speculation depends on whom the Republicans choose for candidacy.

Duff McCartney
11-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Can you even read you ignorant shag head? Go back and look! It's not my opinion. It's an editorial. No wonder you're a Democrat!!!!!

Exactly why I said you should delete the thread...it's just an editorial. So it means nothing. BTW, I'm not a Democrat.

samikeyp
11-29-2004, 07:28 PM
The only reason W won was because of vote fraud

translation: My candidate lost and I need reasons to justify it.

Why do you care Duff, you don't vote anyway.

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Exactly why I said you should delete the thread...it's just an editorial. So it means nothing. BTW, I'm not a Democrat.
Could'a fooled me!!!!!

Duff McCartney
11-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Could'a fooled me!!!!!

Obviously I did.

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Obviously I did.
Do you even realize how many editorials are posted here?

Duff McCartney
11-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Do you even realize how many editorials are posted here?

And they are all garbage. Like these guys who write for the NYT or some other magazine are in the right. Give me a break.

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 08:46 PM
And they are all garbage. Like these guys who write for the NYT or some other magazine are in the right. Give me a break.
Then why do you even bother to come over here? Why not stay in "the club" since you don't vote anyway?

Duff McCartney
11-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Then why do you even bother to come over here? Why not stay in "the club" since you don't vote anyway?

Because I know it bothers you...and I'm waiting for somebody to post something actually worth commenting on.

Plus it's amusing to see how divided you guys become over something as recockulous as politics.

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Because I know it bothers you...and I'm waiting for somebody to post something actually worth commenting on.

Plus it's amusing to see how divided you guys become over something as recockulous as politics.
:lol :lol Are you reading what you are typing? Waiting???? Shit!!!! You comment on anything and you know it. Case closed!!!! :lol

Duff McCartney
11-29-2004, 09:12 PM
:lol :lol Are you reading what you are typing? Waiting???? Shit!!!! You comment on anything and you know it. Case closed!!!! :lol

Okay maybe I should have said made a comment worthwhile.

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Okay maybe I should have said made a comment worthwhile.
There's a first time for everything!

Duff McCartney
11-29-2004, 09:23 PM
There's a first time for everything!

Exactly...like the first time somebody posts an editorial/opinion that isn't rediculously biased, coming from the left or the right.

First time for everything.