PDA

View Full Version : Parker's quickness a concern for Williams

ducks
05-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Parker's quickness a concern for Williams

By Tim Buckley
Deseret Morning News

SAN ANTONIO — All eyes will be on power forwards Carlos Boozer and Tim Duncan in this year's NBA Western Conference Finals.

Next-best matchup on the undercard may be the battle of the point guards, Utah's Deron Williams vs. San Antonio's Tony Parker.

"He's one of the quickest guys in the league," Williams said Saturday of Parker. "It's hard to stay in front of him, but I have to try to do my best to keep him out of the lane, because that's where he hurts you. He hurts you with his penetration getting to the basket, he hurts you with his penetration when he's kicking out to teammates.

"So, I've just got to try to contain him as best as possible — and he's shooting so well right now it's gonna be hard to do that."

Sound somewhat familiar?

It does to Williams, who thinks back to the Jazz's last series, against Golden State.

"It's a lot of the same challenges — a guy that's gonna get in the lane," Williams said. "He (Parker) hurts you with his penetration just like Baron Davis. He's just a little bit quicker. He's not gonna post me up, but he's one of the quickest guys end-to-end."