PDA

View Full Version : Spurs and Detroit boring???

Jimcs50
05-21-2007, 08:43 AM
This is all I have heard from the media this weekend. There is only one ESPN star left in the playoffs, and that is Lebron...blah blah blah. The media seems depressed that Dallas and Phoenix are long gone. They complain that there will be another "boring" Finals if SA and Detroit once again meet next month for the whole thing.

I am saddened that a great team game has become such an individual game, a star driven highlight reel sportscenter moment? I blame the hype over Michael Jordan for this. The worst thing for the true basketbal afficionado IMO was the rise of the individual Jordan. People forget that Jordan needed a great team to win those championships, he needed Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Paxton, Grant and Armstrong to get over the hump and win those championships. In the 80's, there were great players, but there were great teams, teams that played great team basketball. The best players in the 80's could win games without scoring much,(Magic, Bird) they could pass the ball, rebound and make their teammates better, their team better.

The Spurs and Detroit still are considered boring and unwatchable, and that just confuses and angers me to no end. Have people not watched these two teams play this season??? Do they not tremember that 7 game series just 2 years ago, a series that had great games, that went down to the wire???Do they not like pinpoint passes that lead to easy baskets? Do you not like timely 3 point shots? Do you not care to watch team play, where no one player really cares about his stats, but only about winning? You have three of the best passing big men in the game today, in TD, CWeb and Sheed. All three of them can score if they want to, but they get just as much pleasure out of making a nice pass to a cutter at the rim that leads to an easy basket. To me that is fun to watch, and enjoyable to witness unselfish play in a selfish sports world, but maybe I am just naive.

Oh well, we true NBA fans will be watching and I just wish that people can give these two teams a chance, and they just sit back and watch bball being played the way it was intended to be played, and that is to play as a team, not as an individual.

IMO, if you want to watch individual stars rather than great team play, watch Tiger Woods or Roger Federer.

CubanMustGo
05-21-2007, 08:45 AM
As I said in another thread, when the media call teams "boring" and whine about "nobody wants to watch SA because they are boring" it turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Could you imagine ABC saying things like this: "tonight's Desperate Housewives episode is crap and we don't expect anyone to watch it." Of course not, but that is exactly what they are doing when they slam teams like Detroit, Utah, and (Edit) SA. WTG assholes.

SA210
05-21-2007, 08:46 AM
People are stupid. I love when the Spurs win and it pisses them off.

SA210
05-21-2007, 08:49 AM
As I said in another thread, when the media call teams "boring" and whine about "nobody wants to watch SA because they are boring" it turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Could you imagine ABC saying things like this: "tonight's Desperate Housewives episode is crap and we don't expect anyone to watch it." Of course not, but that is exactly what they are doing when they slam teams like Detroit, Utah, and Phoenix. WTG assholes.
Yes, it's just like the whole media going with what Amare said, and they all called us cheaters and dirty, so the rest of the fans accepted that, and so we were dirty.

The "boring" label, just the same.

If many years ago, when behind closed doors they knew SA was a force, they should have presented us to fans the way the did the Lakers. But they always put us down. It backfired on the NBA.

Jimcs50
05-21-2007, 08:50 AM

Could you imagine ABC saying things like this: "tonight's Desperate Housewives episode is crap and we don't expect anyone to watch it." Of course not, but that is exactly what they are doing when they slam teams like Detroit, Utah, and Phoenix. WTG assholes.

They do not slam Phoenix, they worship Phoenix and rue the day that the Spurs "cheap shotted" their way into the WCFs at Phoenix' expense.

CubanMustGo
05-21-2007, 08:51 AM
OOps, brain fart. Should have been SA.

Jimcs50
05-21-2007, 08:52 AM
OOps, brain fart. Should have been SA.

San Antonio?? That makes sense. :lol

sanman53
05-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Something that amazes me, is how much the media does affect the minds of the casual sport fan. I have had people sending me emails and calling my cell phone telling me the Spurs are cheaters and whiners. Yet, I know these people and the only time they watch a basketball game is during the playoffs each year.

I do not respond to these people.

I am hoping for a Spurs/Pistons Finals this season. Watching a team run a play (instead of shooting within 7 seconds of the shot clock) is beautiful basketball.

Amare_32
05-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I think what it is that people have the reaction of Oh the Spurs again. Fans want to see teams other than Detroit and San Antonio get a chance at a title. Even Brent Barry after Game 6 said it won't be exciting basketball. Teams like Miami and Phoenix and the LeBrons bring in more people. It says something when the Wizards and Bobcats on the road bring in more fans then the Spurs. Watch the Cavs/Pistons series how LeBron gets all the Wade calls. I am not saying that the Cavs will win but I see them going 7 games.

Sec24Row7
05-21-2007, 09:19 AM
What I laugh about is that they can't get enough of how great the Patriots are... when the Spurs have been better for longer in basically the same situation...

ATRAIN
05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
What I laugh about is that they can't get enough of how great the Patriots are... when the Spurs have been better for longer in basically the same situation...

F*ck the Patriots!!

Jimcs50
05-21-2007, 09:27 AM

The funny thing is, the media have made the comparison betw NE and SA. They say they are both the same. Neither team have flashy stars, theyboth win as a team, they do not make the police blotters and are the consumate professionals.

DarrinS
05-21-2007, 09:33 AM
I think what it is that people have the reaction of Oh the Spurs again. Fans want to see teams other than Detroit and San Antonio get a chance at a title. Even Brent Barry after Game 6 said it won't be exciting basketball. Teams like Miami and Phoenix and the LeBrons bring in more people. It says something when the Wizards and Bobcats on the road bring in more fans then the Spurs. Watch the Cavs/Pistons series how LeBron gets all the Wade calls. I am not saying that the Cavs will win but I see them going 7 games.

No way in Hell.

Amare_32
05-21-2007, 09:35 AM
No way in Hell.

Last year no one had them going 7 games with the Pistons.

peskypesky
05-21-2007, 09:44 AM
This is all I have heard from the media this weekend. There is only one ESPN star left in the playoffs, and that is Lebron...blah blah blah. The media seems depressed that Dallas and Phoenix are long gone. They complain that there will be another "boring" Finals if SA and Detroit once again meet next month for the whole thing.

Let's just win another Championship and make them all SUFFER!

If you're such an idiot that you think the only thing that matters in basketball is "excitement" and dunks, then go f-ck off and watch the Harlem Globetrotters and the Slam-Dunk Competition. Leave basketball to the Spurs and anyone else who understands and appreciates the entire game.

DarrinS
05-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Wasn't the 2005 Finals the most exciting of the past decade?

What would people rather see? The Lakers sweep the Nets?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-21-2007, 10:02 AM
What I'm surprised by is how hard the media is still riding Lebron's jock after some of the stinkers that came out of the Nets/Cavs series.

Isn't in the sports media's best interest to try to convert some fans to the remaining teams? Game 1 from the WCF is in the book and some people are still crying in their milk about the Suns being gone. Instead, why not try to drum up some interest in the teams that your network is going to be showing?!? If you spend all week shitting on the Spurs and then the top story on Sportscenter is the Spurs game, don't be surprised when someone says, "Spurs? Fuck that dirty, boring team. I'm going to watch Adult Swim."

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Spurs + Detroit =
mostexcitingfuckingbasketballIhaveeverseennorwills eeshallIlivetobe100.

Don Quixote
05-21-2007, 10:06 AM

Could you imagine ABC saying things like this: "tonight's Desperate Housewives episode is crap and we don't expect anyone to watch it." Of course not, but that is exactly what they are doing when they slam teams like Detroit, Utah, and (Edit) SA. WTG assholes.

Excellent point. If I want to stay on my wife's good side, I have to watch "Housewives" and "Grey's" with her, and I can assure you, every last one of those episodes are horrible. Why doesn't ABC just tell us that beforehand?

Don Quixote
05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I say, let the national media and whoever worry about aethetics, hoopla, etc. We'll just be at home polishing off our 4 trophies in a couple of weeks.

easjer
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
NBA/ABC/ESPN deserve what they are getting. They refuse to highlight all teams (or at least all possible contenders) in the national media during the regular season and then encouraging and promoting the drama in hopes of their underdog victims winning it all. In hopes of better ratings for that series forgetting about the potential long term consequences.

Fuck em.

manubili
05-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Personally I find pretty Boring watching Kobe (Lebron, Wade, Amare) scoring zillions of points and losing in the end. Those amazing passes between Tony and Manu of the last game are ten times funnier to watch.
This individualistic approach to bball is lame, and it can be seen in USA NT. Take the Pistons to the Olimpics and you'll get the gold once again.

boutons_
05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Why do the boring teams win year after year, while the exciting teams lose?

Jimcs50
05-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Why do the boring teams win year after year, while the exciting teams lose?

Last 4 NBA champs:

SA, Detroit, SA, and Miami.....all "boring", defensive minded teams.

Yet Houston wants to change their defensive minded team to a run and gun team???

I think the sports fans nowadays are all video game driven adrenalin rush idiots.

DarrinS
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
If you ever have trouble sleeping, just watch game 5 of the Cavs/Nets series.

Extra Stout
05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Dan Patrick actually got on before Game 1 to talk about how uninteresting the Western Conference Finals are going to be.

I wish ABC would do this for its other programs, just to let me know.

"Lost this week is really boring. Don't bother tuning in."

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-21-2007, 10:27 AM
If you ever have trouble sleeping, just watch game 5 of the Cavs/Nets series.
That would give any real basketball fan nightmares. You'll wake up in a cold sweat, mumbling, "Six points, six points," over and over.

whottt
05-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I bet the Suns aren't bored when they play the Spurs.

Extra Stout
Last 4 NBA champs:

SA, Detroit, SA, and Miami.....all "boring", defensive minded teams.

Yet Houston wants to change their defensive minded team to a run and gun team???

I think the sports fans nowadays are all video game driven adrenalin rush idiots.
No, Miami isn't boring. Sure, they play grind-it-out, low-scoring games, but Shaq is in lots of commericals, and now D-Wade has that T-Mobile "in your 5" ad.

Same with Cleveland. Yeah, they play 83-72 games where both teams combine to score 19 points in the fourth quarter, but he has all those funny shoe commercials.

But Detroit and SA. Boooooooooooring. Detroit has no stars with either Nike or Vitamin Water ads, and the Spurs have a boring, monotone star, along with two guys who speak English with accents, and aren't adorable like Yao Ming.

Jimcs50
That would give any real basketball fan nightmares. You'll wake up in a cold sweat, mumbling, "Six points, six points," over and over.

But Lebron was playing....so it was soooo much better than Sa vs Utah or Detroit vs SA.

DarrinS
05-21-2007, 10:31 AM

LOL

That 4th quarter

Nets: 6
Cavs: 13

I get chills thinking about it -- and not the good kind.

Jimcs50
05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
I bet the Suns aren't bored when they play the Spurs.

Good point. Ask these teams that lose to SA every year if they are put to sleep by the Spurs' style of play?

I will bet you money that Utah was bored by Golden State. They were not challenged at all when they went to the basket and to competitors like Sloan's teams, they were probably bored, to be honest.

SA210
05-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Personally I find pretty Boring watching Kobe (Lebron, Wade, Amare) scoring zillions of points and losing in the end. Those amazing passes between Tony and Manu of the last game are ten times funnier to watch.
This individualistic approach to bball is lame, and it can be seen in USA NT. Take the Pistons to the Olimpics and you'll get the gold once again.

Exactly!

41times
05-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Screw the media. They are all about the "individualism" that is ruining the league. Give me great team work, solid defense, good passing, good shooting and good coaching and i am pleased as punch.

Maybe i am in the minority, but the last thing i want to see is a one on one series or a lopsided series 4-1 or something.

I think the Spurs vs. Piston will be great!

rayray2k8
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
I think EPSN would be happy with a Cavs vs. Spurs finals.
The storyline would be how lebron would be able beat the beast that is San Antonio.

Don Quixote
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Remind me to never, ever buy Vitamin Water, or anything "50-cent" or his ilk touches. Ever.

Does this mean their commercial worked?

Jimcs50
05-23-2007, 08:46 AM
13 three pointer made, pinpoint passes that lead to easy dunks or layups, fastbreat alley oops and TD dancing on the bench.

Yeah, this team is an absolute bore.

:rolleyes

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Screw the media. They are all about the "individualism" that is ruining the league. Give me great team work, solid defense, good passing, good shooting and good coaching and i am pleased as punch.

Maybe i am in the minority, but the last thing i want to see is a one on one series or a lopsided series 4-1 or something.

Coming from a Mavs fan really means a lot..........I HEART YOU MAN :)hahaha

ATXSPUR
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Remind me to never, ever buy Vitamin Water, or anything "50-cent" or his ilk touches. Ever.

Does this mean their commercial worked?

Fuck a 50 cent.

nkdlunch
05-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Spurs vs. Pistons finals would be much better than "the DWade free throw shooting extravaganza"

Findog
05-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Yes, the Spurs and Pistons are boring...when they play each other. They seem to bring out the worst in the other...get ready for 85-80 scores and 38% shooting for both teams. Confetti will fall from the rafters if anybody breaks 90.

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
13 three pointer made, pinpoint passes that lead to easy dunks or layups, fastbreat alley oops and TD dancing on the bench.

Yeah, this team is an absolute bore.

:rolleyes
It's still boring. The Spurs play with no passion, no fire. It's like watching a carpenter build a house -- it doeesn't matter how skilled he is, it's utterly uninteresting, with no artistry whatsoever.

Jimcs50
05-23-2007, 10:17 AM
It's still boring. The Spurs play with no passion, no fire. It's like watching a carpenter build a house -- it doeesn't matter how skilled he is, it's utterly uninteresting, with no artistry whatsoever.

It takes a hell of a lot more passion and fire to play great D than it does to run up and down the floor and just let other players score at will.....numbnuts.

DDS4
05-23-2007, 10:23 AM

You generalizing or talking out of your ass?

ATXSPUR
05-23-2007, 10:29 AM

Lmao you phoenix fans! Once I think you guys cant get any more retarded you give me a pleasant surprise!! :elephant

Hearing yalls bs takes makes my day!

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
It takes a hell of a lot more passion and fire to play great D than it does to run up and down the floor and just let other players score at will.....numbnuts.
What makes basketball fun for fans is the mixture of team execution with individual flair. Without the latter, the game has no soul. It is like watching the inner workings of a watch.

The Spurs have a collection of soulless, unsympathetic characters. Great, so they play defense. They have perfected the "art" of hacking and grabbing so that officials become desensitized to it. They are experts at thugging it up. That's marvelous for them, and their handful of fans, but terrible for the game.

It's wonderful that Tim Duncan is so fundamentally sound, but he is terrible for the game. He has zero passion on the floor. He is robotic. There is nothing artistic about his game. He is just basic and functional. He is like the Chevy pickup to Steve Nash's Ferrari.

The Spurs, especially that clown Ginobili, are brilliant at creating contact, and flailing wildly to draw the foul without making any real basketball moves. Great, so they can exploit the loopholes of the game to win championships. They've exposed the soft underbelly of the game and ruined it.

Enjoy your championships. Real fans know that the Spurs win by taking the heart out of the game. That is why nobody watches them. We just wait for the nightmare to be over and for the game to be reborn. When all is said and done, people will remember this era as the low point in the history of basketball, and will never respect the Spurs for anything they've done, because they are merely the culmination of everything that started going wrong with the game in the '90s. Basketball fans will regard this era the way Germans regard the 1930's.

If David Stern really had the balls to act in the best interest of the game, he would just pony up the money to whoever owns the Spurs and break them up.

mikejones99
05-23-2007, 10:34 AM
So boring they should move finals to NBA tv and local areas only, the rest pay per view.

ambchang
05-23-2007, 10:35 AM
The NBA made its own bed by marketing individuals rather than the beauty of a team game. They didn't realize that a guy like Jordan is a one in a trillion find, and that he too, needed a strong team to win a championship.
Then there are these aweful commentators that doesn't know anything about basketball. For example, JVG has said nothing but positives about the Spurs, because the guy knows that game! On the other hand, you have guys like Jon Barry putting out unbelievably biased commentary, or a guy like Amare Stoudemire, who has the basketball IQ of an eggplant spouting nonsense to the media, to a largely ignorant crowd. So this crowd, who probably watches 6 basketball games a year, and can't tell what a real foul is, will obviously follow the idiotic take of unknowlegable commentators, because it is easier to follow, than follow a guy like JVG, who explains the plays in great details, because they don't know what the hell he was talking about.
A friend of mine was trying to start crap with me over the weekend about how dirty the Spurs are, and I gave him a lecture of how basketball has been played the last 2 decades, how the Pistons Bad Boys changed the whole landscape, how soft marshmellow teams have no business in the playoffs, how the Spurs match up extremely well with the Suns, and how the Suns have lost to the Spurs 3-2 with a full team, and that the Spurs controlled the tempo throughout the series other than Game 2, and it turned out the guy didn't even WATCH the Spurs games. So he just based it off of D'antoni and Stoudemire's dumbass comments. Again, squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Look at the series now, the Spurs are JUST as physical as they were the last series, only this time, you don't have a biased media, because the Jazz are just as uncharismatic as the Spurs, you don't have players crying "unfair" after every foul, and both teams have a healthy respect for each other. After the Nuggets, and especially the Suns, I am just glad that we have knowledgable fan from a no nonsense team in the Jazz. props.

ambchang
05-23-2007, 10:39 AM
What makes basketball fun for fans is the mixture of team execution with individual flair. Without the latter, the game has no soul. It is like watching the inner workings of a watch.

The Spurs have a collection of soulless, unsympathetic characters. Great, so they play defense. They have perfected the "art" of hacking and grabbing so that officials become desensitized to it. They are experts at thugging it up. That's marvelous for them, and their handful of fans, but terrible for the game.

It's wonderful that Tim Duncan is so fundamentally sound, but he is terrible for the game. He has zero passion on the floor. He is robotic. There is nothing artistic about his game. He is just basic and functional. He is like the Chevy pickup to Steve Nash's Ferrari.

The Spurs, especially that clown Ginobili, are brilliant at creating contact, and flailing wildly to draw the foul without making any real basketball moves. Great, so they can exploit the loopholes of the game to win championships. They've exposed the soft underbelly of the game and ruined it.

Enjoy your championships. Real fans know that the Spurs win by taking the heart out of the game. That is why nobody watches them. We just wait for the nightmare to be over and for the game to be reborn. When all is said and done, people will remember this era as the low point in the history of basketball, and will never respect the Spurs for anything they've done, because they are merely the culmination of everything that started going wrong with the game in the '90s. Basketball fans will regard this era the way Germans regard the 1930's.

If David Stern really had the balls to act in the best interest of the game, he would just pony up the money to whoever owns the Spurs and break them up.
Thank you for defining passion, artistry and how a basketball should be played.
Are you God?

Jimcs50
05-23-2007, 10:58 AM

Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of the most ignorant statement in the history of SpursTalk.

:lol

ATXSPUR
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM

LMAO!! You must of put alot of time into that! You do realize that you are not making us mad right? You are merely entertaining us while making yourself look like a fool.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Like a rock, mother fucker.

Now go blow the dust out of your trophy case while we make room in ours for #4 bitch.

Deede4525
05-23-2007, 11:46 AM
No, Miami isn't boring. Sure, they play grind-it-out, low-scoring games, but Shaq is in lots of commericals, and now D-Wade has that T-Mobile "in your 5" ad.

Same with Cleveland. Yeah, they play 83-72 games where both teams combine to score 19 points in the fourth quarter, but he has all those funny shoe commercials.

But Detroit and SA. Boooooooooooring. Detroit has no stars with either Nike or Vitamin Water ads, and the Spurs have a boring, monotone star, along with two guys who speak English with accents, and aren't adorable like Yao Ming.

..... Yao Ming is ADORABLE? :vomit:

But I do agree with you about none of the Spurs being cast in NATIONAL TV ads. Timmy should have been promoted just as hard as Kevin Garnet, Shaq, Kobe and all the rest. The fact he wasn't is why the Spurs seem boring to some idiots.

I do think video games may have ruined some people, because I hate to watch a game that has NO defense and the score ends up 110 to 125. Geeze, now THAT is boring! Run run run :madrun that's all they do.

I thought the Utah/San Antonio game was great and not because the Spurs won. I like to see two teams go at it without all the historonics :dizzy , run their plays and see if they work. That's basketball.... :flag:

It was nice watching a team that didn't act like each member was a :baby !

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Yes, it's just like the whole media going with what Amare said, and they all called us cheaters and dirty, so the rest of the fans accepted that, and so we were dirty.

The "boring" label, just the same.

If many years ago, when behind closed doors they knew SA was a force, they should have presented us to fans the way the did the Lakers. But they always put us down. It backfired on the NBA.
No need to worry. All the Dallas and Phoenix fans will be watching rooting for Detroit.

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 11:54 AM
LMAO!! You must of put alot of time into that! You do realize that you are not making us mad right? You are merely entertaining us while making yourself look like a fool.

hahah yeah what a tool.

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Okay, I like you now.

DDS4
05-23-2007, 11:56 AM
OK....I'll play your game.

Team execution? Spurs are the best in the business when they're on. They just outexecuted your Suns. Flair? What do you define flair? Chest bumping after a dunk when your team is down by 10? If you watch Spur games on a
regular basis, the team has more flair than you think.

It's no secret that the playoffs tend to be more physical. It's been that way historically for years. You should be more ashamed that the Suns didn't adjust their game to match the Spurs physicality. Until they do, they'll be nothing more than regular season eye candy.

It's wonderful that Tim Duncan is so fundamentally sound, but he is terrible for the game. He has zero passion on the floor. He is robotic. There is nothing artistic about his game. He is just basic and functional. He is like the Chevy pickup to Steve Nash's Ferrari. .

Terrible for the game? Says who? If anything, it should teach young kids that being fundamentally sound trumps anything else. Zero passion on the floor? That's just being ignorant. Watch Tim's playoff performances in the past, and there's plenty of fist pumping and yelling. You just have to find it rather than making flippant remarks.

Fact: If Manu was on your team, you'd embrace him like the second coming of Dan Majerle.

Oh, and you have a guy named Raja Bell who flops just as much, if not more. Or did you forget that? Flopping is an epidemic not just limited to the Spurs.

Respect is earned. But for some reason, some Suns fans think they're entitled to it. Real fans don't discredit other teams accomplishments. They recognize superiority and move on.

Oh the Spurs? They'll be recognized as the closest thing to a dynasty since the Laker/Bulls/Celtic days.

Why? Because you admit the Suns can't break up the Spurs on the court?

Maybe you should think twice before making asinine comments on a SPUR board.

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Every time you say something, your handicap becomes more evident, moron.

NoMoneyDown
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Boring? I guess averaging 106.5 PPG (Utah series) and 100.0 PPG (Sun's series) is boring today.

JamStone
05-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm a Pistons fan who respects the Spurs, but YEAH it's a boring match-up. Yes, it's boring basketball to watch for non-Pistons and non-Spurs fans. I understand that. I understand there's no mass commercial appeal. I realize there isn't "as much" one-on-one individually unbelievable performances. I acknowledge that it is more fundamentally sound TEAM basketball at both ends of the court. It's not the high excitement of run-and-gun, fastbreak 3-point shooting, slam dunk fest, chaos basketball.

But, oh fucking well. I'll be enjoying the match-up if it happens. So, I don't give a shit.

Jimcs50
05-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm a Pistons fan who respects the Spurs, but YEAH it's a boring match-up. Yes, it's boring basketball to watch for non-Pistons and non-Spurs fans. I understand that. I understand there's no mass commercial appeal. I realize there isn't "as much" one-on-one individually unbelievable performances. I acknowledge that it is more fundamentally sound TEAM basketball at both ends of the court. It's not the high excitement of run-and-gun, fastbreak 3-point shooting, slam dunk fest, chaos basketball.

But, oh fucking well. I'll be enjoying the match-up if it happens. So, I don't give a shit.

I do give a shit, really.

It is not unlike having someone you love or care about and hearing someone talk unfavorably about them....it would piss you off, right? If these idiot scribs would just watch the teams play as a team and watch the passing and unselfishness, then they would truly see how great it is to watch.