PDA

View Full Version : The Official (?) Fashion Talk Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Melmart1
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
It occured to Jekka and I that we were talking way too much fashion in the Quattro, and several people will probably rejoice (paging Shoogs), but we decided to go ahead and start a thread to talk about it. The Quattro can go back to vulgarity! (paging Midge).

The idea is to post pics or articles about what fashion you are lusting after, what you hate, and to generally make fun of celebrities who pay stylists thousands of dollars and still look like ass.

Oh, and if there are great sales or freebies, promotions etc from any makeup, handbag, perfume, clothing retailers, etc then post them here, too.

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I hate the leggings. those are sooooooooooooooooo 3rd grade for me.
if shoulder pads come back, I'm going to become a nudist.

Melmart1
05-21-2007, 10:42 AM
http://blog.baghaus.com/images/shoes.jpg

I had mentioned these shoes to Jekka in the Quattro. These are the ones that Galliano had a few of the models in his last show wear, and models went flying, cus you can't fucking walk with marbles glued to the soles of your shoes!!

Seriously, some people in high fashion have been sniffing glue.

They are kinda pretty, though. :lol

Mike Tirico
05-21-2007, 10:45 AM
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/08/tiricobukkake.jpg

MoSpur
05-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Mike Terico posting in every thread is hilarious.

Mike Tirico
05-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Mike Terico posting in every thread is hilarious.
no just a couple

Shelly
05-21-2007, 11:35 AM
It occured to Jekka and I that we were talking way too much fashion in the Quattro, and several people will probably rejoice (paging Shoogs), but we decided to go ahead and start a thread to talk about it. The Quattro can go back to vulgarity! (paging Midge).

The idea is to post pics or articles about what fashion you are lusting after, what you hate, and to generally make fun of celebrities who pay stylists thousands of dollars and still look like ass.

Oh, and if there are great sales or freebies, promotions etc from any makeup, handbag, perfume, clothing retailers, etc then post them here, too.

For a lot of freebies, go to http://forums.slickdeals.net/

And for shits and giggles http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/

Melmart1
05-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I am constantly at Slick Deals, have recieved a lot of nice stuff as a result, though some of those people are real assholes. They get a deal for .99 for something that costs $20 and then they balk at the $1.99 shipping. :rolleyes It's annoying but the free stuff is nice.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I am constantly at Slick Deals, have recieved a lot of nice stuff as a result, though some of those people are real assholes. They get a deal for .99 for something that costs $20 and then they balk at the $1.99 shipping. :rolleyes It's annoying but the free stuff is nice.

Or the ones that print of a bunch of coupons. A few months ago, there was a coupon for the Choxio (or whatever it's called...Targets 'gourmet' chocolate) bar. People were printing of tons of them and going to Target and getting as many as they could at a time.

I've gotten a few free magazine subscriptions from there, but lately the pickings have been slim. I got a bunch of them last year through Coke Rewards. They are getting close to running out and I haven't been to CR lately to see what they're offering now.

G.Q.
05-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Great thread!

angel_luv
05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Those shoes are pretty but like you said Mel, super impractical.

I have noticed one trend which I just noticed recently and that is how a lot of girls are walking around wearing white shirts with colored ( red, black, one orange :shudder) bras underneath.

What is with that????

G.Q.
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I haven't seen it done lately. Sounds like a flashback from the 80's.

angel_luv
05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
I haven't seen it done lately. Sounds like a flashback from the 80's.

Well I work in a mall information booth and not the majority, but still a decent amount of our shoppers are sporting that look

Flea
05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
I hate the leggings. those are sooooooooooooooooo 3rd grade for me.
if shoulder pads come back, I'm going to become a nudist.

I cannot believe that leggings are back! My daughters have some and I told them it was sooooo 80's!

Flea
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM

I have noticed one trend which I just noticed recently and that is how a lot of girls are walking around wearing white shirts with colored ( red, black, one orange :shudder) bras underneath.

What is with that????

I've noticed that too! :nope

Shelly
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Leggings only look good on children.

Let's just hope acid wash doesn't come back. I was looking at some pictures of me and my husband from the late 80s...acid wash HELL!

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 02:26 PM
I cannot believe that leggings are back! My daughters have some and I told them it was sooooo 80's!

I wore black leggings with the lace edges ujnder my denim miniskirt with the fake gold coin trim and a short cropped off the shoulder wide necked sweatshirt. To finish it off I wore 2 pairs of socks, colors switched on each foot, and scrunched with my high top reeboks.
ponytail to the side.

damn i bet you I could pull that same outfit off right now. :lol

as to the colored bra under white shirt thing: I think it;s uber trashy. gwen stefani was rocking that look back in 1998.

Current trends i do like:
those 50's inspired sundresses. oh so cute!
and espadrilles. way classier than flip flops.

G.Q.
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM

Let's just hope acid wash doesn't come back. I was looking at some pictures of me and my husband from the late 80s...acid wash HELL!

I've seen leggings look very sexy on women.

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM

total nightmare: acid wash mom jeans with shoulder padded button ups.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 02:28 PM

What is with that????

I have seen that colored bra thing too. :lol I'm not sure the point of it but it doesn't look cute.

Leggings are back?? How did I miss that?

As Shelly said, gofugyourself is very funny.

As far as shopping online for clothes/shoes, bluefly.com is pretty awesome.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Leggings have been back for a bit. Lindsay Lohan lurves them!

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
like oh my God have any of you seen the new motorazor D&G phone it's like gold and really only comes with a D&G screensaver. Prada is also rumored to be coming out with a LG so yeah.

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I think I auto-hate anything Lindsey Lohan wears. Like her giganto gold purse.

TOPIC: giganto purses. WTF???
why are celbs toting around purses that you could smuggle a midget in?
and you know they must just have a credit card and a lip gloss in those things, because if they were carrying around even enough to fill up half those bags they would either throw out thier backs or have 1 strangely built up arm.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
The bigger the purse the more coke you smuggle in, duh

2Blonde
05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
My daughter just bought a pair of leggings this weekend. She bought them to wear with a really cute dress/top that is pleated all the way around. It's an absolutely adorable outfit. I was surprised they were back too.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I noticed the big bag trend also.

Don't get me started on Britney's fashion sense. Good Lord, woman...stop lipsynching for 15 minutes and hire thee a stylist.

Spurfect
05-21-2007, 02:41 PM
I noticed the big bag trend also.

Don't get me started on Britney's fashion sense. Good Lord, woman...stop lipsynching for 15 minutes and hire thee a stylist.

the cowboy boots and cowboy hat... oh god.i got so sick of seeing that all the time.
now she's wearing the same white shoes everywhere

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 02:42 PM
haha.
I remeber awhile back Britney's old stylist was quoted as basiclly stating "don;t blame me for how she looks! I pick out good stuff and then she just wears whatever she wants to anyway".

made me think of whne my 3 yr old prefers to wear her Dora pj's and rainboots to the park...... :oops

Shelly
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
the cowboy boots and cowboy hat... oh god.i got so sick of seeing that all the time.
now she's wearing the same white shoes everywhere

And she always has the WORST extensions in the world. But I could go on all day about Britters...

And as much as I can't stand Paris Hilton, she usually dresses decently. What do y'all think of Posh Beckam's style? Her boobs scare me sometimes, but she usually looks pretty good.

Spurfect
05-21-2007, 02:55 PM
And she always has the WORST extensions in the world. But I could go on all day about Britters...

And as much as I can't stand Paris Hilton, she usually dresses decently. What do y'all think of Posh Beckam's style? Her boobs scare me sometimes, but she usually looks pretty good.

her clothes are usually ok, but SHE looks like crap. wayy too skinny, i mean she is all bones. anyway her casual stuff looks good but when she dresses up for events, her dresses are usually really weird.

Silver21_Black20
05-21-2007, 03:02 PM
As far as shopping online for clothes/shoes, bluefly.com is pretty awesome.

bluefly.com?

What kind of clothes do they have? I'm at work so I really can't check for myself, I'll do so tonight.

Thanks Kori!

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 03:21 PM
her clothes are usually ok, but SHE looks like crap. wayy too skinny, i mean she is all bones. anyway her casual stuff looks good but when she dresses up for events, her dresses are usually really weird.

and I think that wouldn;t even look so bad on her if she had some softness to her.
but she's all bones and angles... and her anime style haircut just emphesizes that.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
and I think that wouldn;t even look so bad on her if she had some softness to her.
but she's all bones and angles... and her anime style haircut just emphesizes that.

:lol at the anime hair!!!

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 03:51 PM
bluefly.com?

What kind of clothes do they have? I'm at work so I really can't check for myself, I'll do so tonight.

Thanks Kori!

Designer stuff a discounted prices - shoes, clothes, purses. Really good discounts. Michael Kors, Gucci, Prada, etc at 30-40% off.

Melmart1
05-21-2007, 04:05 PM

What is with that????
I haven't seen anyone with colored bras, I thought that went out a few years back. Next time I go to the mall, I will be more observant. Of course, teh closest mall to me is Crossroads, and I am continuously amazed that there are even people at that mall, so maybe that's why I didn't notice. :lol

Either way, I always thought it looked pretty damn slutty, and very "hey, look at me!"

Melmart1
05-21-2007, 04:07 PM

Beat this: when I was a little girl, my mom made me wear my brand-new acid washed jeans -- with the bottoms tucked into my leg warmers. Leg warmers, plural, as in more than one pair, layered together like a rainbow up to the middle of my calf.

Melmart1
05-21-2007, 04:08 PM
like oh my God have any of you seen the new motorazor D&G phone it's like gold and really only comes with a D&G screensaver. Prada is also rumored to be coming out with a LG so yeah.

Virgin.

MsMcGillyCutty
05-21-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't normally follow fashion trends. I wear what I want to create my own unique style. Ugly as it may be......it's me!

Shelly
05-21-2007, 04:20 PM
After watching enough episodes of WNTW, I don't buy anything unless I try it on 1st. If it can manage to look good on in a dressing room mirror, it must look fantastic in real life! :lol

Shelly
05-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Beat this: when I was a little girl, my mom made me wear my brand-new acid washed jeans -- with the bottoms tucked into my leg warmers. Leg warmers, plural, as in more than one pair, layered together like a rainbow up to the middle of my calf.

I'm sorry!

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Surprised Shelly hasn't posted this with her Consumerist love.

http://www.jezebel.com/

Shelly
05-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Surprised Shelly hasn't posted this with her Consumerist love.

http://www.jezebel.com/

ha! I hadn't check The Consumerist today. Jezebel looks like I site I need to bookmark also.

Her arms look as bad as Melanie Griffith's legs.

http://icydk.com/2007/05/10/melanie-griffith-looks-twice-her-age/

Flea
05-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Britany can make a swimsuit cover up look nasty. In the Eva and Tony broke up thread there was a link to Eva dancing and above that video clip was a pic of Britany in a swimsuit with some weird piece of fabric tied all around her.

Flea
05-21-2007, 05:37 PM

:lol :lol :lol

You poor thing!!!

Flea
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I think I auto-hate anything Lindsey Lohan wears. Like her giganto gold purse.

TOPIC: giganto purses. WTF???
why are celbs toting around purses that you could smuggle a midget in?
and you know they must just have a credit card and a lip gloss in those things, because if they were carrying around even enough to fill up half those bags they would either throw out thier backs or have 1 strangely built up arm.

I was at Kohls the other day and two women were checking out and they had these huge purses and were buying several more. They found out they were on sale at a greater discount than originally thought so one went back to get another one! :lol

I'm thinking, how many freaking huge purses does a person need?

ashbeeigh
05-21-2007, 07:02 PM
What about bermuda shorts? I bought a pair and surprisingly I kind of liked them. I was afraid that they would look like crap on me because I'm so short...but now I kind of want like 100 pair.....

And I'm going ot be usingall these links after I move. :elephant

ShoogarBear
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
if shoulder pads come back, I'm going to become a nudist.Well, at least there will be something of interest to follow in this thread.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 07:26 PM
I was at Kohls the other day and two women were checking out and they had these huge purses and were buying several more. They found out they were on sale at a greater discount than originally thought so one went back to get another one! :lol

I'm thinking, how many freaking huge purses does a person need?

I have over 50 purses. But I don't have any huge purses. I'm not even sure what I would put in one, unless I was trying to smuggle something :)

Melmart1
05-21-2007, 07:40 PM
I have a lot of purses too, only a few are really big. Some I get free or at cost from a contract I work, the rest are just things I like. You can never have too many bags. The big ones though, I only take if I have my nephews with me and need to put a bunch of crap in it.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Stay tuned...I'm about to post some personal acid wash hell....

Shelly
05-21-2007, 08:09 PM
God Bless the '80s!

1987 Hair

http://i3.tinypic.com/6bkc2he.jpg

Acid wash skirt in blue, acid wash jeans, AND acid wash jacket. Bitchin'!

http://i1.tinypic.com/67o5ysw.jpg

No acid wash collection was complete without a BLACK acid wash skirt.

http://i11.tinypic.com/5z5n3gl.jpg

Of course, one MUST have tapered, high waisted acid wash jeans. White high tops complete this look.

http://i8.tinypic.com/6agy1pg.jpg

Flea
05-21-2007, 10:01 PM
HAHA Shelly!!!

I had the pink high tops!

ShoogarBear
05-21-2007, 10:16 PM
I have over 50 purses. But I don't have any huge purses. I'm not even sure what I would put in one, unless I was trying to smuggle something :)Where's a Beno troll when you need one?

Spurfect
05-21-2007, 10:19 PM
LOL those are GREAT pics Shelly :lol

CuckingFunt
05-21-2007, 11:04 PM

And as much as I can't stand Paris Hilton, she usually dresses decently. What do y'all think of Posh Beckam's style? Her boobs scare me sometimes, but she usually looks pretty good.I can't stand Victoria Beckham's style for the most part and think she's generally creepy looking, but the 50's inspired cigarette pants and stilettos she wore (NOT the rest of the look, mind you, just those pieces) to the recent Chanel show were fabulous.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8858/chanelcruisehq021ja4.jpg

Insomniac
05-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Do women really sacrifice comfort to look good in shoes? Those pointed shoes look awfully painful.

Jekka
05-22-2007, 01:09 AM
:lol Damn, Shelly, that's some seriously hot 80s fashion.

I have pictures somewhere of the crap my mother used to make me wear - it involved painted t-shirts, stirrup pants, scrunchie socks, and matching Keds. No wonder I had so few friends :depressed

On another note, though, some people can pull off leggings with the right accessories. My sister wore some not too long ago with ballet flats and a black shirt and it was very Audrey Hepburn-ish in a good way.

CuckingFunt
05-22-2007, 01:39 AM
Do women really sacrifice comfort to look good in shoes? Those pointed shoes look awfully painful.If it is a well made shoe in the right size and you're used to wearing them, they're really not that bad. Cheap/crappy shoes get painful quickly, however.

2Blonde
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
OMG, Shelly :clap Those acid wash photos brought back so many memories. My husband would be in heaven if acid wash came back in style. I would just pretend I was standing next to a stranger with really back fashion sense out in public. He actually ordered a pair from somewhere but luckily they were too tight so he hasn't been able to wear them yet. If he ever loses the weight they may suddenly disappear {cough} Goodwill {/cough} before he has a chance to wear them.http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/sCo_confused3.gif

TimothyLeary
05-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Acid jeans?

Shelly
05-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Jekka, You HAVE to post that picture!

Where on earth did he find those, 2Blonde? You should have 'lost' them when you moved into your new house. :nerd

Now if I recall correctly, wasn't there some pink acid wash floating around?

I have this picture of a bunch of us down at a bar in Tijuana...6 or 7 people total, and every single person is in acid wash.

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Do women really sacrifice comfort to look good in shoes? Those pointed shoes look awfully painful.

Good shgoes don;t hurt your feet unless the foot size to heel height ratio is ridicules.
EX: I am a size 8 andd can wear a 4 to a 4.5 in ch heel in a well made shoe all day and have no pain.
But my sister is a size 61/2 and can't wear anything over 3 3/4inches.

----------------------

I like the stiff cotton 50's style ciggarette pants - but not the spandexy ones.

----------------------

I had white high top LA Gears with pink laces and the "la gear" part was in pink and gray.

----------------------

I own 15 purses, and none of them are giganto. My largest purse is a vintage coach bag that I use as my diaper bag.

Shelly
05-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I own three purses. I really hate having to carry a purse and didn't start until a few years ago , but alas, it must be done.

And I hate when my husband hands me all his shit to put in it. He needs to be like Beno.

CuckingFunt
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Most of my purses are vintage and only get pulled out in special circumstances. For the most part, I go without a purse unless I'm wearing something without pockets.

Shelly
05-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Most of my purses are vintage and only get pulled out in special circumstances. For the most part, I go without a purse unless I'm wearing something without pockets.

I used to do that. I would just carry my license and the almighty debit card and my keys. But my keys got bigger and i started carrying my cell around and well, here we are. I still can never find a frigging pen, though.

Silver21_Black20
05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I think it is time for me to purchase a new purse.

What is "in"? Style? Color? Brand?

CuckingFunt
05-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I think it is time for me to purchase a new purse.

What is "in"? Style? Color? Brand?Find something hideously ugly, and it's probably in style.

One of the main reasons I go without a purse these days is because I'm certain someone's playing a practical joke when I start to peruse that section of the department store. Paisley leather with 5,000 buckles and straps and big enough to hold a small human? Not for me.

Shelly
05-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Right now, I'm using a Beijo Bag http://www.beijobags.com/. They are very cool patent leather purses, but you can only buy them through a rep. A friend of mine in VA is a rep for them.

I have the blue one in the upper right called 'Diva' http://www.beijobags.com/bc_1.aspx

Bob Lanier
05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Leggings :td
80s fashion :td
Victoria Beckham's fashion :td
Victoria Beckham's horribly underdeveloped musculature :td
Victoria Beckham's hair :tu

Jekka
05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Jekka, You HAVE to post that picture!
My parents have most of the really awful pictures, but I've got one here of me and my mom at Disneyworld wearing a totally awesome dress with tons of bows on it as well as one in my hair, plus Keds - and then the other is my parents' excellent 80s fashion complete with Izod shirt and sun visor for Dad and shoulder pads for Mom (it took my sister and me until just a couple years ago to convince my mom to stop wearing the shoulder pads).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/weezywantscoffee/disneyworld88.jpg http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/weezywantscoffee/rents86.jpg

Shelly
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
:lol great pictures!

Check me out in kindergarten in 1970 rocking the plaid! This picture cracks me up! Too bad my hair didn't stay that color :cry

http://i10.tinypic.com/4tqgoyb.jpg

Jekka
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
:lol That's awesome! I've got one of me pissed off on Christmas morning uploaded - I look mad in all of our family photos because it took so freaking long for my mom to take the damn pictures. My sister was too little to be that irritated at her yet.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/weezywantscoffee/xmas88.jpg
The matching nighties didn't help either. But the Strawberry Shortcake stuff in the background rocks!

Shelly
05-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Awwwww! How cute!

Unfortunately, my mom still has the pictures of when when we were kids. There's lots of bad fashion there...the problem is that in the '80s, I knowingly dressed that way!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I almost bought a man bag for my travels in Italy. Almost.

That's all I got.

Jekka
05-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Awwwww! How cute!

Unfortunately, my mom still has the pictures of when when we were kids. There's lots of bad fashion there...the problem is that in the '80s, I knowingly dressed that way!
Yeah, I knowingly dressed pretty badly in the 90s - and I had some bad 90s hair at times, too, what with the brief pageboy/flip-out trend. Oh that shit was bad.

So I can't decide if I like Mischa Bartons "backlace" ... it's interesting at least. Ziyi Zhang's metallic dress is pretty cute, though.

http://buzznet-31.vo.llnwd.net/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2007/05/mischa-barton-cannes-film-festival.jpg http://buzznet-91.vo.llnwd.net/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2007/05/vivi-nevo-zhang-ziyi.jpg

Shelly
05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Where is connecting in the front? Her neck? That would totally bug. I'm not too fond of either of her dresses...maybe it's the colors and they both look like they are hanging on for dear life.

The metallic dress is kinda cute. Kinda has the flapper vibe to it.

CuckingFunt
05-22-2007, 07:44 PM

That's all I got.How very European of you.

CuckingFunt
05-22-2007, 07:45 PM
The "backlace" idea can be good, but I don't like that one. And both of Mischa Barton's dresses look horrible. Like they're falling off, or something.

Shelly
05-22-2007, 07:46 PM

That's all I got.

Well, one can be fashionable when doing the Lord's work, Mother T!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-22-2007, 07:48 PM
How very European of you.

Danke.

Better than a fanny pack or backpack, IMO. I still just stuffed all that shit(keys, passport, camera, cell phone, wallet, etc.) in my pockets. 'Twas very turista...

Shelly
05-22-2007, 07:58 PM
This dress is weird. It almost looks like she's split in two. It's from Nicole Miller

http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/Product/Medium/10/_5394850.jpg

Jekka
05-22-2007, 07:59 PM
The "backlace" idea can be good, but I don't like that one. And both of Mischa Barton's dresses look horrible. Like they're falling off, or something.
Well, she doesn't have a lot to hold them up ... custom tailoring would be a good idea, although I have the feeling she purposefully wears them that way.

So while I really can't stand Norah Jones, the dress she wore to the My Blueberry Nights premiere was gorgeous.
http://buzznet-23.vo.llnwd.net/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2007/05/jude-law-norah-jones-cannes.jpg

Melmart1
05-22-2007, 08:02 PM
This dress is weird. It almost looks like she's split in two. It's from Nicole Miller

http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/Product/Medium/10/_5394850.jpg
The stripe down the middle of the dress blends with the background color. Bad photography mistake, they should have known better. It draws attention away from the dress, and what is the point of wearing a designer dress if your eye is drawn to what appears to be an optical illusion instead?

Shelly
05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Are white jeans ever a good idea?

Shelly
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
The stripe down the middle of the dress blends with the background color. Bad photography mistake, they should have known better. It draws attention away from the dress, and what is the point of wearing a designer dress if your eye is drawn to what appears to be an optical illusion instead?

I think the background is very distracting also and agree on the stripe. That's exactly what my eye is drawn to.

CuckingFunt
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
So while I really can't stand Norah Jones, the dress she wore to the My Blueberry Nights premiere was gorgeous.
http://buzznet-23.vo.llnwd.net/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2007/05/jude-law-norah-jones-cannes.jpg

That color is great on her.

CuckingFunt
05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
The stripe down the middle of the dress blends with the background color. Bad photography mistake, they should have known better. It draws attention away from the dress, and what is the point of wearing a designer dress if your eye is drawn to what appears to be an optical illusion instead?The poor lighting/photography choice doesn't help, but that vertical stripe is completely unnecessary. Dress would be cute without it.

Shelly
05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
A must have in every woman's wardrobe.

http://media.redcatsusa.com/is/image/lerner/mm/0822_47218_mm.jpg?

Bob Lanier
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
That's all I got.
Don't be so provincial. Men's fashion is a quite noble and considerably heterosexual discipline which encompasses a broad variety of utilitarian and non-accessorised articles of clothing.

If you have a couple of grand to blow, I could direct you to some very good tailors on Savile Row for you to visit the next time you're in Europe. You'd like the way you'd look. I guarantee it.

ashbeeigh
05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
All these past pictures are great. :tu on ya'll having the guts to put them up. I'm dure I have some way out there fashion statements from the early 1990s stashed somewhere in the house.

But, I just wanted to add this website I found in this month's issue of Blueprint

http://www.zafu.com

If you answer some questions iut'll reccommend styles and brands of jeans. I tried it and thought I wouldn't get any with being stubby and a flat ass... but I got close to sixty pair.

I also bought a really nice purse at Ross today SilBlack at Ross. It was Tommy...

a combination of this http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472/124/4h/img.ebags.com/is/image/im1/87291_3_1?&op_sharpen=1&qlt=80,1&hei=249&wid=249

and

http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472/124/4h/img.ebags.com/is/image/im7/80627_3_1?&op_sharpen=1&qlt=80,1&hei=249&wid=249

It's a bit on the big size, but not ginourmous. Cute and versatile, imo.

Jekka
05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Are white jeans ever a good idea?
No. And I don't understand why some people are wearing them again, i.e. ...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/500479629_3f0e136a6f.jpg?v=0

As much as I love Tori, the jeans are just bad. However, she does manage to do rubber boots reasonably well -

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/gallery/albums/albumart/adp/adplecd/normal_adp_set1_02.jpg

Shelly
05-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I remember having a pair of white Bongo jeans that 1) were tapered, 2) zipped in the back at the ankle, and 3) had a little white bow at the top of the zipper.

A fine alternative to acid wash, I guess...

TimothyLeary
05-23-2007, 12:26 AM
I've noticed tie dye shirts never go out of style.

Beno Udrih
05-23-2007, 01:23 AM
Props to Melmart1 for starting a thread I can get on board with! :danceclub

Sunshine
05-23-2007, 06:20 AM
Ha! Shelly...love the pics of the acid wash apparel! I need to see if I can dig up any of my pictures of me in stirrup pants. Oy vey...I used to have a pair in every color and wore them EVERYWHERE and with EVERYTHING.

Shelly
05-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Ha! Shelly...love the pics of the acid wash apparel! I need to see if I can dig up any of my pictures of me in stirrup pants. Oy vey...I used to have a pair in every color and wore them EVERYWHERE and with EVERYTHING.

I forgot about those! Remember the big Forenza sweaters that you could buy at The Limited?

Ginofan
05-23-2007, 08:36 AM
I've always thought Eva Mendes had a cute sense of fashion.
http://www.evamendes.com/images/premieres/f2f/eva_mendes_com07.jpg

P.S. What the fuck is this shit??? http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/pictures/20070517/britney%20spears%20see%20thru%20shirt/bsdom2.jpg

Shelly
05-23-2007, 09:01 AM
http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/tag/when-celebs-wear-runway-looks/

I don't blame Rosario Dawson for losing the belt.
Hate Zhang Ziyi's outfit.
Eva Green wears the dress well, but I'm not feeling it.
La Lohan is wearing a trash bag.
Don't like that dress on Tyra.
I like Aishwarya Rai's dress.
Don't like Rachel Liegh Cook's dress.
Age appropriate for Anna Wintour.
I think that dress looks good on Nicole Richie...gives her some curves.

DoubtingThomas
05-23-2007, 09:44 AM

Is that really possible?

Melmart1
05-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Does Anna Wintour ever age? She has had more work done than Cher, bank on it.

Eva Green looks great in that dress, but it would have been more appropriate for the CIG. She is gorgeous either way, she was the best thing about Casino Royale

I still can't believe Lindsay Lohan is hottest girl, even if it is only one dumb men's magazine. Not even close. She looks like she has a mustache in half her pics, for crying out loud.

Jekka
05-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Eva Green looks great in that dress, but it would have been more appropriate for the CIG. She is gorgeous either way, she was the best thing about Casino Royale
My favorite dress from that Dior Spring 06 couture line was the cascading red and black one. Great colors, beautiful example of the insane things you can do with fabric, and completely inappropriate for wearing almost anywhere. Fabulous :) I seriously wonder how many man-hours went into finishing all the layers on it - those Burmese kids have got to be relieved when Fashion Week is over.

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2007CTR/CDIOR/RUNWAY/00420m.jpg

I still can't believe Lindsay Lohan is hottest girl, even if it is only one dumb men's magazine. Not even close. She looks like she has a mustache in half her pics, for crying out loud.
Agreed - and Eva Green is 100x hotter than Lohan. Do guys still think she's 18? Is that the appeal? :wtf

Jekka
05-23-2007, 11:13 AM
P.S. What the fuck is this shit??? http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/pictures/20070517/britney%20spears%20see%20thru%20shirt/bsdom2.jpg
I just wish Britney would get rid of that god awful hat she's been wearing everywhere. It's like her version of a ratty, tired security blanket. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Melmart1
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I don't always like the Couture lines because some of them are just ridiculous, not ridiculous and fabulous like that dress. I love red, and the color scheme, the way it looks like layers of a flower, the train.. its all gorgeous. I would love to have that dress, but what would I do except for look at it hung in a dust jacket in my closet?

batman2883
05-23-2007, 11:18 AM
No One Cares What You Think Melmart

TheQuattro
05-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome back midge.

Jekka
05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I don't always like the Couture lines because some of them are just ridiculous, not ridiculous and fabulous like that dress. I love red, and the color scheme, the way it looks like layers of a flower, the train.. its all gorgeous. I would love to have that dress, but what would I do except for look at it hung in a dust jacket in my closet?
I love how sometimes the couture shows are really an excuse for the designers to be as insane as they feel like while not having to worry about impressing buyers. Dior had a few standouts in the last couture collection - this pink and gray one I thought was really nice, although it appeals to me more as sculpture than fashion in a way. Cool bending of the fabric's nature definitely.

http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2007CTR/CDIOR/RUNWAY/00360m.jpg

Spurfect
05-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I love how sometimes the couture shows are really an excuse for the designers to be as insane as they feel like while not having to worry about impressing buyers. Dior had a few standouts in the last couture collection - this pink and gray one I thought was really nice, although it appeals to me more as sculpture than fashion in a way. Cool bending of the fabric's nature definitely.

that's pretty cool if you're getting married to Beetlejuice

Shelly
05-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Do people even use models anymore?

NEW FACE: Lindsay Lohan might usually be seen in Gucci, Chanel or Prada, but come fall, she'll be hawking a whole new label: Jill Stuart.

The contemporary sportswear designer has snagged Lohan to be the face of its print ad campaign, which will hit August magazines and run through November. The campaign marks the first time Jill Stuart has chosen a celebrity for her ads.

"I can't say enough fantastic things about Lindsay," Stuart said of her choice to go with the starlet rather than a model. "She is sexy and smart, exactly what the Jill Stuart woman embodies."

http://www.wwd.com/issue/article/116083?page=0

Melmart1
05-23-2007, 12:33 PM

Ehhh... I like the top and the bottom, but not on the same dress. Though I gotta say, you are right on about the fabric. The folded layers in the side are awesome and keep in the japanese/geisha theme with the makeup. Can you imagine how many yards of fabric that took?

Melmart1
05-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Do people even use models anymore?

http://www.wwd.com/issue/article/116083?page=0
Nicole Kidman for Chanel seemed right on, although I thought the commercials were extraordinarily long and pretentious. But Lohan doing anything fashion related makes me not want to buy that line of clothes, to be honest.

Shelly
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Bring back the supermodels!!! I think I need to go watch George Michael's Freedom 90 and Too Funky videos.

That model looks like Joanie from ANTM

Flea
05-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Right now, I'm using a Beijo Bag http://www.beijobags.com/. They are very cool patent leather purses, but you can only buy them through a rep. A friend of mine in VA is a rep for them.

I have the blue one in the upper right called 'Diva' http://www.beijobags.com/bc_1.aspx

Those are pretty. Mine is boring. I have a small black leather fossil. But i like it. :)

Flea
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM

I don't blame Rosario Dawson for losing the belt.
Hate Zhang Ziyi's outfit.
Eva Green wears the dress well, but I'm not feeling it.
La Lohan is wearing a trash bag.
Don't like that dress on Tyra.
I like Aishwarya Rai's dress.
Don't like Rachel Liegh Cook's dress.
Age appropriate for Anna Wintour.

OMG, Rachel Leigh forgot to look in a mirror!

Silver21_Black20
05-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Ok. Quick question. Is a Coach purse really worth the money?

I saw a cute Coach Scribble purse last night at the Coach store in North Star and I was really close to buying it but the strap was kinda short and the bag was under my armpit. It was really uncomfortable but cute as hell. The purse was $198 and the matching wallet was $98. Worth it? No?

LuvBones
05-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Ehh I don't look at labels. If it's cute and comfortable I buy it. Women suffer enough for beauty. :lol I'm not going to wear anything extremely uncomfortable no matter how "in style" it is.

Melmart1
05-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I love Coach purses, though I prefer to wait for outlet-like prices before I buy one. They are classic and beautiful and match with so much. And unliek most of the 'it' bags, they are affordable, if somewhat overpriced still.

I like Rampage handbags for a more affordable purse that is still stylish. They have this one on amazon for like 60 dollars that is really nice and I am tempted to buy it. BTW, Amazon often has designer purses at fairly good discounts, not sure about Coach but I have seen Prada and Kate Spade there.

Spurminator
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
A friend of mine started a blog I thought I'd pimp here. She gives tips on affordable fashion and stuff.

http://sofrugalicious.blogspot.com

Shelly
05-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Those are pretty. Mine is boring. I have a small black leather fossil. But i like it. :)

I get lots of compliments on it cuz it's so different. I was gonna have a home party for Beijo about a year ago, but I didn't think people would really buy anything cuz they are kinda pricey and I didn't want people to feel obligated to buy.

Melmart1
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Speaking of pricey, Wilson's leather is usually pricey but right now, there is 30% off all clearance, including purses with free shipping. There are some cute little blossom clutches that would be roughly $6 each shipped that I am thinking of pulling the trigger on. I don't know how long the sale lasts, though.

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/home/index.jsp

Free ship code: 7249 (I took this from slick deals, so haven't tried it yet myself. I am trying to talk myself out of buying! :lol )

Flea
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I get lots of compliments on it cuz it's so different. I was gonna have a home party for Beijo about a year ago, but I didn't think people would really buy anything cuz they are kinda pricey and I didn't want people to feel obligated to buy.

Well if you ever decide to have one let me know. I treat myself every now and then. :)

Jekka
05-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Speaking of pricey, Wilson's leather is usually pricey but right now, there is 30% off all clearance, including purses with free shipping. There are some cute little blossom clutches that would be roughly $6 each shipped that I am thinking of pulling the trigger on. I don't know how long the sale lasts, though.

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/home/index.jsp

Free ship code: 7249 (I took this from slick deals, so haven't tried it yet myself. I am trying to talk myself out of buying! :lol )
Damn you! The equestrian minis are really cute ... and the work totes ... and the Cecelia stuff ....

Flea
05-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Damn you! The equestrian minis are really cute ... and the work totes ... and the Cecelia stuff ....

Damn you is right! I want the mano in raspberry with the matching wedge sandals. I would look so cute in that! :lol

TheTruth
05-25-2007, 05:02 AM

I saw a cute Coach Scribble purse last night at the Coach store in North Star and I was really close to buying it but the strap was kinda short and the bag was under my armpit. It was really uncomfortable but cute as hell. The purse was $198 and the matching wallet was $98. Worth it? No?

I absolutely LOOOOOVE mine. I got it about 3 months ago (took me about that long to save up for it :lol) I like how the fabric is stiff enough that i'm not slinging it around everywhere, it stays put. Also for some reason it seems to be resistant to stains...that's a huge plus for me since I'm always putting my purses on the floor at places we go to (I don't have enough trust in people to hand them on the back of my chair).

-Ginofan-

Silver21_Black20
05-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I absolutely LOOOOOVE mine. I got it about 3 months ago (took me about that long to save up for it :lol) I like how the fabric is stiff enough that i'm not slinging it around everywhere, it stays put. Also for some reason it seems to be resistant to stains...that's a huge plus for me since I'm always putting my purses on the floor at places we go to (I don't have enough trust in people to hand them on the back of my chair).

-Ginofan-

I was thinking, "Holy Shit, TheTruth has a Coach purse."

Thanks for the input Mandy!

Shelly
05-25-2007, 11:21 AM

Call me crazy, but I think the dress works on Mischa.
No! No! No! on Kylie's dress. It's hideous!
Not crazy about Anna's dress. What's with these shapeless potato sacks?

CuckingFunt
05-25-2007, 12:23 PM

Call me crazy, but I think the dress works on Mischa.
No! No! No! on Kylie's dress. It's hideous!
Not crazy about Anna's dress. What's with these shapeless potato sacks?
I still am not wild about Mischa, but at least that dress looks like it fits her.

leemajors
05-25-2007, 12:29 PM

-Ginofan-

it's it's stain and water resistant it's probably microfiber.

Shelly
05-26-2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/tag/who-owns-it%3F/

1.I think the dress looks better on Naomi than Ellen, but I think I like it better in white.

2. Horrible dress all around! Jessica is standing weird and looks like she has a huge growth on her hip.

3. Dress looks good on both Petra and Michelle, but it looks like an Indian Maiden dress.

4. Carmen over Rose. I'm not fond of these shapeless dresses, though.

5. I can't tell if Toni and Rosario's dresses are the same color or if it's just the lighting, but I like the color of Rosario's better. At least each dress doesn't look like it's hanging on for dear life!

6. Don't like the dress on either Molly or Fugie, but Fugie has better shoes.

7. Hideous dress on both Nicky and Kim. Reminds of those bathing suits they were popular in the late 70s. You old farts know which one I mean, cuz everyone had that suit!

8. Victoria and Giselle's dress works at either length, although I'm not crazy about the hemline on Giselle's dress.

9. Shania over Hayden. Shania looks gorgeous!

10. Anne and Lily's dress looks like a prom dress. :td

Signed,
The Devil wearing Prada

Shelly
05-26-2007, 09:22 AM
What the FUG indeed!!!

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/2007/05/fugit_golan.html

Jelly
05-26-2007, 09:39 AM

This seems to happen to hairdressers a lot. They get bored with doing normal haircuts, so as soon as you ask them for new ideas or says things like "I'm in your hands" you're in danger girl!! I don't have a regular stylist, and every now and then I'll get the urge for a fresh new look (be very careful using these words around a hair stylist). I always end up walking out of the salon with some freakish over-the-top nouveau whatever hairstyle that I'm too embarassed to even walk down the street in. It's probably happened to all of you to, but in case not......as soon as you hear the words "Oh, it's all the rage in Europe".... RUN the hell out of there!!! :spless:

Flea
05-26-2007, 10:10 AM
What the FUG indeed!!!

How the heck is that dress staying up?

Flea
05-26-2007, 10:13 AM
This seems to happen to hairdressers a lot. They get bored with doing normal haircuts, so as soon as you ask them for new ideas or says things like "I'm in your hands" you're in danger girl!! I don't have a regular stylist, and every now and then I'll get the urge for a fresh new look (be very careful using these words around a hair stylist). I always end up walking out of the salon with some freakish over-the-top nouveau whatever hairstyle that I'm too embarassed to even walk down the street in. It's probably happened to all of you to, but in case not......as soon as you hear the words "Oh, it's all the rage in Europe".... RUN the hell out of there!!! :spless:

You definitely need a hairdresser you see on a regular basis. I have one whom I have seen for many years and she will tell me when a certain style will not work with my hair. I trust her completely with cut or color. I have a good friend who went to a hairdresser she had only seen once before for highlights. She told her this time she wanted a little more red. LOL her highlights were Ronald McDonald RED! :lol

Jekka
05-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that's why you take pictures with you and have the hairdresser tailor it to your face. I would never go to the hairdresser for a drastic change without pictures.

Jekka
05-26-2007, 02:30 PM
What the FUG indeed!!!

:lol Does anyone really want to advertise how badly their surgeon placed their implants? Where are her nipples?!

Jekka
05-26-2007, 02:51 PM
http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/tag/who-owns-it%3F/
5. I can't tell if Toni and Rosario's dresses are the same color or if it's just the lighting, but I like the color of Rosario's better. At least each dress doesn't look like it's hanging on for dear life!

6. Don't like the dress on either Molly or Fugie, but Fugie has better shoes.
While I liked the way Rosario's dress color was photographed better, I thought Toni Colette looked awesome in that dress, she's got a great hourglass shape.

:lol "Fugie". It's so true, though, her face really is kind of scary. If it was naturally that way I wouldn't rag on her, but she is one of those reasons to research doctors before getting collagen injections. Link (http://media.egotastic.com/media/pictures/0704/fergie-panties-01.jpg) Then again, so is Donatella Versace. Link (http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/donatella_versace_remix.jpg)

Jelly
05-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that's why you take pictures with you and have the hairdresser tailor it to your face. I would never go to the hairdresser for a drastic change without pictures.

I always take pictures to show them what I have in mind. (But I also ask their opinions and they'll say something like..."this won't work with your texture but we can do something very similar". Or "you hair isn't long enough for this, but we can do a shorter version". I'm like "cool". I never learn...but it's only hair. That's what baseball caps are for.

Jekka
05-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Angelina is not looking so healthy lately, methinks the lady really needs to eat - Link (http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=05&evt=angelina-brad-cannes&pic=brad-angelina-cannes-2007-13.jpg) and link (http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=05&evt=angelina-brad-cannes&pic=brad-angelina-cannes-2007-15.jpg). I think she's about at the point where wearing a wristwatch around the upper arm is a possibility.

The dress, however, is nice. I'm not usually a fan of yellow in general, but it's a pretty, buttery yellow.

1Parker1
05-28-2007, 12:04 AM

I just bought my very first Coach bag and I love IT!! Bags and shoes are the two items that are totally worth the money since they don't really go out of style over the years. Plus, Coach has a nice warranty on it, like if you bag ever breaks/rips or anything happens to it, if you write to them they'll send you a new one...

1Parker1
05-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Here's a question for you: What's up with this new "pregnant style" shirts? The ones that cinch at the waste and then bellow out? I can't understand it....I'm not pregnant but I feel like I look/am when I tried those on...but it seems that they are very popular. :wtf

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Here's a question for you: What's up with this new "pregnant style" shirts? The ones that cinch at the waste and then bellow out? I can't understand it....I'm not pregnant but I feel like I look/am when I tried those on...but it seems that they are very popular. :wtf
I don't know what's up with fashion lately, there are some fricken bizzare trends. The mommy pants being the most atrocious, imho.

Those would be good if some little starlet wanted to hide some extra pounds, but considering how anorexic some of them look lately, hard to justify that.

Also, speaking of Coach, there is an outlet in San Marcos for those of you who are local. I think it's in the Prime outlet, but I get which stores are in which outlet confused, so I may be wrong. Either way, you can sometimes find some good deals in there. I heart Coach.

Silver21_Black20
05-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Also, speaking of Coach, there is an outlet in San Marcos for those of you who are local. I think it's in the Prime outlet, but I get which stores are in which outlet confused, so I may be wrong. Either way, you can sometimes find some good deals in there. I heart Coach.

I should go then. I went to Macy's, in Ingram, to see if they had the Scribble style and the lady looked at me like I was an idiot. :lol The purse I like, at the Coach store, came out in March 2007. The other Scribble styles I liked came out last year so maybe San Marcos would have those. Is there a website for the outlet store you can check out first before driving down there?

Jekka
05-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't know what's up with fashion lately, there are some fricken bizzare trends. The mommy pants being the most atrocious, imho.

Those would be good if some little starlet wanted to hide some extra pounds, but considering how anorexic some of them look lately, hard to justify that.

I have a problem getting sidetracked by the Villeroy & Boch and Wedgwood stores ... damn dish obsession. Villeroy and Boch has some awesome deals though.

The BCBG outlet almost always has good shoes.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not pregnant

*phew*

Jekka
05-29-2007, 04:49 PM
In lieu of celebrity gossip, the pictures of Salma Hayek that came out today are pretty crazy. I don't know how her breasts could get any bigger, in conjunction with her stomach, without her just falling over all the time. Seriously, the lady is ridiculously front heavy and she's still got a couple more months supposedly before she delivers.

http://www.dlisted.com/files/salmasohot.jpg

Melmart1
05-29-2007, 05:14 PM
If I were her baby, I would cry everytime she tried to breast feed me, out of fear I was going to get swallowed up by those monsters.

Shelly
05-29-2007, 05:38 PM
I have a problem getting sidetracked by the Villeroy & Boch and Wedgwood stores ... damn dish obsession. Villeroy and Boch has some awesome deals though.

The BCBG outlet almost always has good shoes.

Villeroy and Boch brings back memories. My mom has a ton of that stuff since it was made in Luxembourg and we lived there for 5 years back in the 70s. When we moved back to the states, the company my dad worked for gave my parents a full line of dinnerware...including teapots and the like. You name it, she has it.

Shelly
05-29-2007, 05:39 PM

Isn't that what they call an empire waist?

Salma's not due for a few months still? She's ready to blow!

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Salma's not due for a few months still? She's ready to blow!If she had done that in the first place, she wouldn't be in this condition.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I apologize for that.

2Blonde
05-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Watch it now. I carried the same way as Salma. Granted I couldn't see my feet for most of my pregnancy, I assure my daughter was not at all scared to breast feed. But damn those nursing bras looked like 2 hot tubs. I had to special order them.

Jekka
05-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Villeroy and Boch brings back memories. My mom has a ton of that stuff since it was made in Luxembourg and we lived there for 5 years back in the 70s. When we moved back to the states, the company my dad worked for gave my parents a full line of dinnerware...including teapots and the like. You name it, she has it.
I love china - I've been collecting a set of Wedgwood via xmas and birthday gifts for 6 years and it's almost complete. Then I will move on to another one ... I'm going to need a china closet when I'm old.

My mom has the French country pattern in V&B - it's a little too yellow for me, but it's pretty. I've always liked the Boston colored glassware, and the new New Wave Caffe coffee mugs/plates are really cute -

http://www.villeroy-boch.com/fileadmin/picdb/produkte/tk/large/34192830-preview.jpg

KEDA
05-30-2007, 07:40 AM
I like it when Megan wears stuff like this

http://www.zipzip.com.cn/shop/images/nike_force1_38.jpg

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/store/ProductImages/details/904503913_large.jpg
http://www.oldnavy.com/Asset_Archive/ONWeb/Assets/Product/459/459451/big/on459451-04vliv01.jpg

She has a pretty good sense of style, but I hate it when she wears flip-flops, I have purchased a few pairs of sneakers for her, but she always goes back to those damn flip flops.

Shelly
05-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I love china - I've been collecting a set of Wedgwood via xmas and birthday gifts for 6 years and it's almost complete. Then I will move on to another one ... I'm going to need a china closet when I'm old.

My mom has the French country pattern in V&B - it's a little too yellow for me, but it's pretty. I've always liked the Boston colored glassware, and the new New Wave Caffe coffee mugs/plates are really cute -

http://www.villeroy-boch.com/fileadmin/picdb/produkte/tk/large/34192830-preview.jpg

My mom had a set of just white dishes, etc. The set they gave her was white with some blue pattern. It's really pretty.

UV Ray
06-01-2007, 01:54 AM
http://blog.baghaus.com/images/shoes.jpg

I had mentioned these shoes to Jekka in the Quattro. These are the ones that Galliano had a few of the models in his last show wear, and models went flying, cus you can't fucking walk with marbles glued to the soles of your shoes!!

Seriously, some people in high fashion have been sniffing glue.

They are kinda pretty, though. :lol

CRUEL SHOES

Anna knew She had to have a new pair of shoes today, and Carlo had helped her try on every pair in the store. Carlo spoke wearily, "Well, that's it. That’s every pair of shoes in the place."
"Oh, you must have one more pair. . . .”
"No, not one more . . . . Well, we have the cruel shoes, but no one would want to try . . .
“Yes, let me see the cruel shoes!"
"No, you don't understand, you see, the cruel shoes are . . .'
"Get them!"
Carlo disappeared into the back room for a moment, and then reappeared carrying an ordinary shoebox. He took off the lid and removed a hideous pair of black and white pumps. But this was not an ordinary pair of black and white pumps; both were left feet, one had a right angle turn with separate compartments that pointed the toes in impossible directions. The other shoe was six inches long and was curved inward like a rocking chair with a vise and razor blades to hold the foot in place.
Carlo spoke hesitantly, ". . . Now you see . . . they' re not fit for humans . . ." "Put them on me."
"But... "Put them on me!"
Carlo knew all arguments were useless. He knelt down before her and forced the feet into the shoes.
The screams were incredible.
Anna crawled over to the mirror and held her bloody feet up where she could see.
"I like them."
She paid Carlo and crawled out of the store into the street.
Later that day, Carlo was overheard saying to a new customer, "Well, that's it. That’s every pair of shoes in the place. Unless, of course, you'd like to try the cruel shoes."

From book
CRUEL SHOES
by Steve Martin

Jekka
06-01-2007, 03:22 AM
She has a pretty good sense of style, but I hate it when she wears flip-flops, I have purchased a few pairs of sneakers for her, but she always goes back to those damn flip flops.
Because unless walking long distances flip flops are more comfortable and allow us to show off all of our foot maintenance. If you did the pumice stone/lotion/painting/etc we do then you'd wear flip flops more often, too!

Melmart1
06-01-2007, 04:14 AM
I hate it when people cover their feet completely in summer.. its LAZY.. get a pedicure, or give yourself one, and wear some peep toes.

In fact, over the winter, part of the big thing was to wear peep toe shoes with dark tights, and I HATED it... part of the whole object of wearing peep toes is to show off some pedicure... dark tights and open toes suck, IMHO...

Shelly
06-01-2007, 05:58 PM

Dang is Paulina Rubio's (who is she, anyway?) dress short! I don't care for it, but her legs look fantastic! Hate the boots.

That dress does nothing for Paula Abdul. I know she's short, but it makes her look really short and squat. Is she wearing white undergarments?

I kinda like Jane Fonda's dress, but her bow is untied. Age appropriate.

I think Cameron Diaz looks good in that dress.

Hate Thandie Newton's dress.

I like the top part of Miss Japan's dress. I can't figure out the bottom on her or the model. Is it flowing or pieces of fabric.

The rest have been posted already.

Shelly
06-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Eva Longoria's dresses from the Alma Awards. Can't say I really like any of them.

http://i8.tinypic.com/4xxfn21.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/535cu46.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/66bl8ja.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6bo17o2.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/54dihxl.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/67og28h.jpg

Flea
06-02-2007, 09:46 AM

Dang is Paulina Rubio's (who is she, anyway?) dress short! I don't care for it, but her legs look fantastic! Hate the boots.

That dress does nothing for Paula Abdul. I know she's short, but it makes her look really short and squat. Is she wearing white undergarments?

I kinda like Jane Fonda's dress, but her bow is untied. Age appropriate.

I think Cameron Diaz looks good in that dress.

Hate Thandie Newton's dress.

I like the top part of Miss Japan's dress. I can't figure out the bottom on her or the model. Is it flowing or pieces of fabric.

The rest have been posted already.

I don't like Paula Abdul's dress at all. Cameron Diaz looks fantastic!!!
I couldn't figure out Miss Japan's dress either but the top is very pretty.

Flea
06-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't like any of Eva's dresses.

SpursWoman
06-02-2007, 09:57 AM

She sings dance/club music...I like her. :)

But the dress looks like a duster. :lol

CuckingFunt
06-02-2007, 11:58 AM
http://i17.tinypic.com/6bo17o2.jpg

If those are pants (can't tell), I kind of like the idea, but not the execution.

Melmart1
06-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Why would you wear dangle earrings with a necklace like that? Way too much for one area, she should have worn studs.

Shelly
06-02-2007, 12:33 PM
If those are pants (can't tell), I kind of like the idea, but not the execution.

It kind of does look like pants, but I don't think it is. If those are pants, I think the crotch line would be higher, meaning it looks like her crotch starts at mid thigh.

Shelly
06-02-2007, 02:20 PM
CF, Here's a larger view of Eva's dress and it's definitely a dress

http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80047_Eva_Longoria_7581_122_751lo.jp g

She wore some other dresses not posted as well. There's also a few other people in this link http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/tag/eva-longoria/

CuckingFunt
06-03-2007, 01:54 AM
CF, Here's a larger view of Eva's dress and it's definitely a dress

http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=80047_Eva_Longoria_7581_122_751lo.jp g

That's unfortunate. Take the same outfit, make it into nicely tailored wide legged pants and put a little bolero jacket with it... very 1930's and very cute.

Silver21_Black20
06-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I went to the COACH outlet in San Marcos today and I found the purse I wanted since last year.

:elephant

Melmart1
06-04-2007, 09:59 PM
You went to the Coach outlet and only bought ONE purse? :greedy

Silver21_Black20
06-04-2007, 10:07 PM
It was hard to buy just one purse Mel but I was so fucking exstatic that I found the purse I wanted.

Though they didn't have the matching wallet. :depressed

KEDA
06-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I absolutely LOOOOVVVVVEEEEE my coach purses. Every time I go out to the outlets I usually wind up getting a new one. Most of the time I'm with my mom so I convince her to pick them up for me.......haha. But I do have to say that I have gotten her to buy some for herself as well. But then again, when I go out to the outlets I usually wind up spending more than I planned....OOPPS!!!! But they are well tailored purses and last forever, which is a good thing because I am super hard on my purses!!!! I have a green crocodile Dooney & Burke clutch that I bought for my phone and I love that to. But other than that I'm all about getting new purses and shoes.

~ Megan~

ShoogarBear
06-04-2007, 11:23 PM
~ Megan~Yeah, surrrrrrre.

Melmart1
06-04-2007, 11:25 PM
It was hard to buy just one purse Mel but I was so fucking exstatic that I found the purse I wanted.

Though they didn't have the matching wallet. :depressed
Everytime Ifind a nice purse, the wallet is still full price, or sold out. :pctoss

Melmart1
06-04-2007, 11:25 PM
btw, we need to see said purse. You can't just go around bragging about a purse and then not post it!

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Summer wedding attire?

My boss is getting married in less than 2 weeks and I don't have anything to wear. It will be at a golf course so I'm guessing an outside ceremony and an indoor reception. I was thinking of getting a black dress with wedges. Is that appropriate for a wedding? Should my date coordinate his clothes with my outfit? Any help.

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 01:16 PM
btw, we need to see said purse. You can't just go around bragging about a purse and then not post it!

:oops Didn't see this post before. I'll post a pic when I get batteries for my camera.

Shelly
06-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Summer wedding attire?

My boss is getting married in less than 2 weeks and I don't have anything to wear. It will be at a golf course so I'm guessing an outside ceremony and an indoor reception. I was thinking of getting a black dress with wedges. Is that appropriate for a wedding? Should my date coordinate his clothes with my outfit? Any help.

this should help

http://www.weddingchannel.com/ui/buildArticle.action;jsessionid=an4N9wWU_Nfg?assetP ath=%2Ftemplates%2FArticles%2FNonContentSet%2FGues ts%2Farticle_1152.html

Wearing black: the long standing tradition of ladies not wearing black to a wedding has been overturned. Today, even the bridesmaids might be outfitted in black. Just make sure you don't look like you're attending a funeral. Consider accessorizing that little black dress with a brightly colored scarf or blazer.

Shelly
06-28-2007, 01:40 PM
However, if it's a daytime wedding, I probably wouldn't wear black.

katyon6th
06-28-2007, 01:52 PM
If it's a daytime wedding and outside, I suggest not wearing black. I stopped by Macy's last weekend to pick up something from the Clinique counter and made the mistake of looking at dresses. Several of the dresses are 40+ % off. And several of them are wedding appropriate. Whatever you wear, make sure you're comfortable enough in it to sit outside in the hot, hot heat. And can dance in it, of course.

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks ladies.

I'll be checking out Macy's today or this weekend, katy.

I don't want to spend too much on a dress cause it'll probably be the only time I wear it. I hate dresses. lol

Shelly
06-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks ladies.

I'll be checking out Macy's today or this weekend, katy.

I don't want to spend too much on a dress cause it'll probably be the only time I wear it. I hate dresses. lol

Isn't the trend now to wear jeans with a dress? There ya go!

iminlakerland
06-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I've been wanting this coach purse since their new spring line came out...my friend got me the wallet as a graduation gift already...and im trying to talk myself into believing that it's ok to spend $228 right now...i must admit the prices have gone a lil lower...tell me this isnt cute i love it! http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=9568&category_id=893

The last year or so i have become absolutely addicted to coach...

ShoogarBear
06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Should my date coordinate his clothes with my outfit? :lmao :lmao :lmao X 2030598569606070794950404968582!!!!!

OMG, I can't breathe . . .

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 03:26 PM
I've been wanting this coach purse since their new spring line came out...my friend got me the wallet as a graduation gift already...and im trying to talk myself into believing that it's ok to spend $228 right now...i must admit the prices have gone a lil lower...tell me this isnt cute i love it! http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=9568&category_id=893

The last year or so i have become absolutely addicted to coach...

Cute purse. Buy it!

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao X 2030598569606070794950404968582!!!!!

OMG, I can't breathe . . .

Well, I don't know. I didn't mean if we should match but we should compliment each other.

Damn you, Shoog!

ShoogarBear
06-28-2007, 03:40 PM
I suggest something in a nice pink summery flowery pattern, with matching attire by your date.

He probably already has something like that, anyway.

Shelly
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
I suggest something in a nice pink summery flowery pattern, with matching attire by your date.

He probably already has something like that, anyway.

I think he should wear an ascot!

Flea
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
If it's a daytime wedding and outside, I suggest not wearing black. I stopped by Macy's last weekend to pick up something from the Clinique counter and made the mistake of looking at dresses. Several of the dresses are 40+ % off. And several of them are wedding appropriate. Whatever you wear, make sure you're comfortable enough in it to sit outside in the hot, hot heat. And can dance in it, of course.

I need to go back to Macy's. I saw a dress there several weeks ago and it was $80 and NOT on sale.

Flea
06-28-2007, 03:46 PM
That is a cute purse, IILL!!!

katyon6th
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
While Coach purses are usually always cute and trendy, everyone and their mother has one (and usually the same one). For designer purses, I prefer Michael Kors, Kate Spade or Marc Jacobs, with MJ totally being out of budget. But who cares.

Melmart1
06-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Lakerland, buy that purse! It's tooo cute!

I usually end up wearing pink to a wedding it seems. It's not too hot in summer and won't draw attention from bride or the usually hideous bridesmaids outfits.

BTW, I went to a bridal expo last Sunday and I was really dissapointed. There was nary a bridezilla to be found! I wanted drama, damnit! And my best friend (the one who is getting married)'s mom decided I needed to sign up for door prizes, which meant I had to be engaged. So my fiance's name is Juan Valdez, he is 35 yrs old and under occupation I put 'coffee grower.'

I thought everyone would know it's a joke but I started getting emails today from dj's and photographers about my 'special day' with Juan. :lmao

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 06:23 PM
What kind of shoes should I buy, Mel?

I'm 5'10 so I really don't want to wear heels.

Melmart1
06-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Flat are in, dear. Some peep toes would be nice. Payless has a Buy One, Get One 1/2 off everything sale right now. Isn't that where you Soufsiders buy shoes? :lol

midgetonadonkey
06-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Should I tuck my shirt in for this wedding?

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Flat are in, dear. Some peep toes would be nice. Payless has a Buy One, Get One 1/2 off everything sale right now. Isn't that where you Soufsiders buy shoes? :lol

I don't do Payless, dear. :dramaquee

Eh ... I don't know about flat shoes. I was thinking about a shoe with a low heel. Peep toes :tu

Shelly
06-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Get a shoe with a kitten heel.

Melmart1
06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Kitten heels are good. Then all the squat Messicans will be eye-to-boob with you. :tu

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Kitten heels are good. Then all the squat Messicans will be eye-to-boob with you. :tu

Note: Don't show any cleavage. :lol

Well ... my boss is white and 6'11, the majority of the guests will be white. The only Messicans will be the ones who work in the office and they are all dudes. :lol I'm the only chick in the office.

ShoogarBear
06-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm 5'10.This thread is Comedy Gold, I tell you.

ShoogarBear
06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Should I tuck my shirt in for this wedding?I see you in something like this:

http://www.partypants.co.uk/images/retro-frilly-pink.jpg

Shelly
06-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I hope you're learning something with all this fashion talk, Shoogar. I, for one, think you would look fantabulous in a kitten heel.

Ginofan
06-28-2007, 06:47 PM
While Coach purses are usually always cute and trendy, everyone and their mother has one (and usually the same one). For designer purses, I prefer Michael Kors, Kate Spade or Marc Jacobs, with MJ totally being out of budget. But who cares.

That is too true! Ever since I bought my coach, I've seen it like 472 times on other women's shoulders, blah! I'm keeping my eye out for another purse I just can't live without :lol

Shelly
06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
I see you in something like this:

http://www.partypants.co.uk/images/retro-frilly-pink.jpg

nah...something like THIS

http://www.amasquerade.com/images/costumes/fiction/fiction/27BR5143.jpg

ShoogarBear
06-28-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out what a kitten heel is exactly. In my experience, eye-to-boob has nothing to do with shoes.

Silver21_Black20
06-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm trying to figure out what a kitten heel is exactly. In my experience, eye-to-boob has nothing to do with shoes.

I had to google it.

http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/ebusiness1/images/product/large/Amouse_Navy_Camel_L.jpg

iminlakerland
06-29-2007, 04:51 AM
more temptation from you girls hehe...thanks for the support...probably sometime this week i might break down and get it :)

katyon6th
06-29-2007, 08:11 AM
That is too true! Ever since I bought my coach, I've seen it like 472 times on other women's shoulders, blah! I'm keeping my eye out for another purse I just can't live without :lol

So, I think we need to go purse shopping. What say you?

katyon6th
06-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Peep-toe with a kitten heel! Plus, yellow is in.

http://images.ninewest.com/images/nw/product/PG.NWFOLSOM.ORANGPA.PD.jpg

Oh and they also come in green and black. And wait, it gets better! They're on sale at Nine West.

Flea
06-29-2007, 09:00 AM
What kind of shoes should I buy, Mel?

I'm 5'10 so I really don't want to wear heels.

I am so jealous SB, I have always wanted to be 5"10. I am 5'7 and think 5"10 is a fantastic height!

Flea
06-29-2007, 09:00 AM

Oh and they also come in green and black. And wait, it gets better! They're on sale at Nine West.

Those are really cute!

Shelly
06-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Those are really cute!

Those ARE cute...I may have to visit Nine West. Are they patent leather?

2Blonde
06-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I've been giving some thought to this and I think this shirt would work best for Midge because it would go with whatever color SilB decides to wear...

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/11/08/inside-dvd-seinfeld.jpg

...and it's a classic so it will never go out of style. :spin

2Blonde
06-29-2007, 11:32 AM
If you want to accessorize you could even add an eye patch and a sword. :lol

ShoogarBear
06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I've been giving some thought to this and I think this shirt would work best for Midge because it would go with whatever color SilB decides to wear...

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/11/08/inside-dvd-seinfeld.jpg

...and it's a classic so it will never go out of style. :spinI will personally pay for that shirt if SilBlack will make midge wear it.

Silver21_Black20
06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
:lmao

Aw ... poor midge.

katyon6th
06-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Those ARE cute...I may have to visit Nine West. Are they patent leather?

Yep, they're patent.

midgetonadonkey
06-29-2007, 01:49 PM
It's not a bad looking shirt.

Ginofan
06-29-2007, 06:09 PM
So, I think we need to go purse shopping. What say you?
Tomorrow morning when i get outta work, I'm there!

TheTruth
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Screw buying $400 dollar purses. Matthew needs a Wii.....

Shelly
06-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Been a while, so here ya go

Kim Stewart--blech! Because it's Kim Stewart and I don't like the dress
Alicia Keys--Not crazy about that color and is it belted on her?
Chloe Sevigny--:tu
Kyra Sedwick--It's a busy dress, but I think it works on her. Plus, I love her!
Kelly Osbourne--barf
Demi Moore--awful dress
Tomkat--not crazy about the dress, but she pulls it off
Portia De Rossi--I think she looks nice
Posh--Blech, but looks better than the model
Vanessa Williams--Looks good, but I'm not feeling that black strap
Cate Blanchett--Not feeling that dress, long or short

T Park
06-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Any advice for guys ladies?

Ive lost a significant amount of weight since May, and want to know if anyone has any idea whats in guy wise.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2007, 07:45 PM

Very cute. I'd like them more if they were slingback, but very cute nonetheless. And yes, yellow and orange are all the rage!

midgetonadonkey
06-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Should I pop my collar for said event?

midgetonadonkey
What about a front tuck?

midgetonadonkey
I want suspenders but SilBlack said no dice.

Loose Cannon
06-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey The Truth, is that you in your signature?

midgetonadonkey
06-29-2007, 08:40 PM
No. It's SequSpur.

Loose Cannon
06-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Any advice for guys ladies?

Ive lost a significant amount of weight since May, and want to know if anyone has any idea whats in guy wise.

Tight skinny jeans. Pink polo shirt with popped collar. Also, I hear makeup on guys is making a comeback. I'd suggest some eyeliner and mascara. Let me know how it works out.

Shelly
06-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Tight skinny jeans. Pink polo shirt with popped collar. Also, I hear makeup on guys is making a comeback. I'd suggest some eyeliner and mascara. Let me know how it works out.

And a Members Only jacket completes this look.

marini martini
06-29-2007, 10:29 PM

That is toooo funny :lol :lol :lol

Shelly
06-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Bought at Chess King, natch!

marini martini
06-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Chess fuckin' King???????????????

katyon6th
06-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Don't forget the aviators!

T Park
06-30-2007, 12:23 AM

I was hopin for the great advice I've seen throught his thread :depressed

Shelly
06-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Chess fuckin' King???????????????

Of course!!!

angel_luv
06-30-2007, 07:53 PM

I was hopin for the great advice I've seen throught his thread :depressed

Go to retails stores and look for the common trends as far as what everyone has on display.
Select your favorites from that and voila- new, current wardrobe. :)

Silver21_Black20
06-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Went shopping at Ingram today, didn't find a damn thing.

Tomorrow it is La Cantera. Wish me luck!

angel_luv
06-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Went shopping at Ingram today, didn't find a damn thing.

Tomorrow it is La Cantera. Wish me luck!

Good luck and sunny weather! :)

marini martini
06-30-2007, 08:50 PM
When I don't have alot of money, is when I see everything I want........When I do have money, I can't find shit :madrun

P.S. Shelly, how many peeps here, you think remember "Members Only" and "Chess King" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Shelly
06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
When I don't have alot of money, is when I see everything I want........When I do have money, I can't find shit :madrun

P.S. Shelly, how many peeps here, you think remember "Members Only" and "Chess King" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That is sooooo true, marini. And so annoying.

:lol God Bless the '80s!

marini martini
06-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Shell: You are my nbf forever :toast

T Park
07-01-2007, 01:45 AM
thats it?

see whats on the dummys in the windows and thats it?

Shelly
07-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Shell: You are my nbf forever :toast

:lol :tu

Tpark, what Angel said is a good way and to pay attention to what some of the hipsters are wearing. Walk around La Cantera and you will usually see guys that are up on the trends Thumb through some mens magazines. They usually have a few pages devoted to fashion and you can also get an idea from the advertisements.

Flea
07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
thats it?

Do you have a girlfriend or a sister that will tag along to help?

angel_luv
07-01-2007, 12:52 PM
You're over thinking the whole shopping experience T-Park.
Unfortunately there is no cut and dry formula for shopping. You have to do like the rest of us -browse the merchandise and try on.

thats it?

It's a start. If you don't already have particular taste in clothes, seeing how stores arrange the pieces might give you ideas.

As for which shops to go in, pick a guy friend or co worker with a similar build whom you think dresses well and then try shopping where he does.

I think some stores have shopping assistants whom you can hire to help with all that stuff.

You should try to catch " What Not To Wear" on television when they make over a guy on an episode.
Stacey and Clinton always give their projects a lot of helpful, easy to follow, practical rules.

Things I have learned to consider when shopping:

my lifestyle: which clothes are appropriate and practical to me
fit: Not all cute clothes are cute on me.
price: consider it but don't get too hung up over it- you get what you pay for.

And most importantly, Your style- Consider current trends and peoples' feed back but don't obsess over it. Wear what you like, within reason of course. :lol

Shelly
07-01-2007, 12:59 PM
I so want to go out and have cocktails with Stacy and Clinton!

Actually, they have a pretty good book out which tells you how to dress for your body type...it even includes a section for men.

G.Q.
07-01-2007, 12:59 PM
:lol :tu

Tpark, what Angel said is a good way and to pay attention to what some of the hipsters are wearing. Walk around La Cantera and you will usually see guys that are up on the trends Thumb through some mens magazines. They usually have a few pages devoted to fashion and you can also get an idea from the advertisements.

Or you can just be yourself and not follow the trends but this is good advice. You can find the local fashion trends everywhere you go. Good luck.

ShoogarBear
07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
thats it?

see whats on the dummys in the windows and thats it?Is this a straight line before me I see?

angel_luv
07-01-2007, 01:43 PM

Actually, they have a pretty good book out which tells you how to dress for your body type...it even includes a section for men.

Stacey and Clinton rock. I have learned so much from them and they crack me up.

When I first got into their show I cleaned out my entire closet- anything that did not fit the rules I had learned that applied to me- out that piece of clothing went.

The unfortunate thing is that in doing so I basically eliminated what was my entire wardrobe at the time. :oops :dizzy
I wanted so much to write them and say , " I have no clothes now thanks to you, put me on the show." :lol

I finally caved and as my budget has allowed have replaced my wardrobe in a manner they would approve of. :)

angel_luv
07-01-2007, 01:44 PM

What is the book called? Do you know?

Also, is Stacey's talk show " Shut Up, it's Stacey London" or whatever it is called still on.
I saw one episode and like it but got super busy and lost track of the program.

ObiwanGinobili
07-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm in love with etsy.

www.etsy.com

here are some of my choice designers/dressmakers/crackdealers:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=49426
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=596 (I'm drolling over her jumping hacks dress... )
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5151316
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=90037 ( i love her ruffle and v-neck babydolls)
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5042131