PDA

View Full Version : Flip this house episodes!!! (FAKE)

2centsworth
05-21-2007, 10:22 AM
wow. This is one of my favorite reality shows on TV. Some of the episodes are a fraud. There have been rumors about the other shows too, including the SA group. However, as far as I know the SA group is legit.

check this out. Eye Opener!

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=3C2F2BCD6B4C2D7D3F9692EF7F6FE00D ?contentId=3200981&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Louie Vega
05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
That's fucked up! I wonder about the Montelongo's though.

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 10:35 AM
the montelongos have had ads on craigslist for "extras" on thier show.
the 'extra' position was an un-paid just be happy to be on TV job and they wanted you to pretend you wqere checking out an open house, or to be acting surprised and or excited about whatever they werre going ot be doing.

FAKE.

2centsworth
05-21-2007, 10:36 AM
That's fucked up! I wonder about the Montelongo's though.
I've heard rumors, but I can't accuse them of anything because I have no evidence of anything. However, since they are associated with Flip This House for their own sake their should be some type of disclosure. Maybe the I-Team in SA tries to find out.

The only reason it's a big deal to me is because you have a bunch of novice investors thinking this stuff is easy money. It's not and a lot of those investors will lose their ass.

CharlieMac
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
I hate the Montelongos. I kind of want to punch that dude in teh spine every time he talks to the workers like shit.

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I hate the Montelongos. I kind of want to punch that dude in teh spine every time he talks to the workers like shit.

yeah, He's an asshole.
the guy from trademark properties could kick some ass- but over all he was a nice guy and he was never expecting the impossible. the montelongo guy pisses me off the way he doesn't just want the lowest bid (well duhm, anyone would) but wants to underpay and makes cracks about his workers having to choose between him and thier familes. asscrack.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Property Ladder is the one I watch. They are always novice flippers and usually screw it up. Plus, they show how long the house the house took to sell or if it even sold at all, (which a lot of times it doesn't).

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 11:30 AM
house flipping for novices stopped being a good idea about 18 months ago.
now that the market is nowhere near as sweet as it was (hey, highs only last so long ya know?) anyone who goes into it for the 1st time right now is an idiot.

MoSpur
05-21-2007, 11:47 AM
The Montelongo's are a joke. There was an episode when the contractor was supposedly willing to give that Montelongo dude his truck if he didn't finish the job on time. Who would actually do that? That's when I stopped watching.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 11:58 AM
yeah, He's an asshole.
the guy from trademark properties could kick some ass- but over all he was a nice guy and he was never expecting the impossible. the montelongo guy pisses me off the way he doesn't just want the lowest bid (well duhm, anyone would) but wants to underpay and makes cracks about his workers having to choose between him and thier familes. asscrack.

Have you watched the Trademark crew since they switched over to TLC? I think they take a lot of liberties with their timelines. One episode I wanted, they had this house with a huge mold problem and the pool was all nasty. They wanted to flip it within a week in time for the 'citywide open house'. They made their deadline, but I find it very hard to believe.

I wouldn't want to live in a house that took less than a week to flip.

01Snake
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
The only reason it's a big deal to me is because you have a bunch of novice investors thinking this stuff is easy money. It's not and a lot of those investors will lose their ass.

EXCELLENT point! These shows make it look like a piece of cake to turn a house for a huge profit. Unfortunately, these "shows" do not present the whole story. From contractors offering huge discount in exchange for generating business from being on TV to no mention of the costs associated with using a Realtor to advertise and sell the home. Some of these people are Realtors themselves which would obviously cut out some of your expenses but Average Joe would most likely seek the services of a Realtor.

ObiwanGinobili
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Have you watched the Trademark crew since they switched over to TLC? I think they take a lot of liberties with their timelines. One episode I wanted, they had this house with a huge mold problem and the pool was all nasty. They wanted to flip it within a week in time for the 'citywide open house'. They made their deadline, but I find it very hard to believe.

I wouldn't want to live in a house that took less than a week to flip.

yeah, I saw that one. I thought they were really pushing it on that too.

but the thing is the real estate agent ewho had listed and was tryting to sell that house worked for Trademark.. so I think they had alot of info on that house before they decided to flip it, and some of the "discovery" was a bit played up.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 02:20 PM
yeah, I saw that one. I thought they were really pushing it on that too.

but the thing is the real estate agent ewho had listed and was tryting to sell that house worked for Trademark.. so I think they had alot of info on that house before they decided to flip it, and some of the "discovery" was a bit played up.

I agree...what really annoyed me about that episode was when he kept throwing all those chemicals in to the pool, which could have totally ruined it and ending up costing him more money. Of course, it was 'fine', but his whole shmeal is get and and get out with spending has little money as possible.

MoSpur
05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Its hard to decide as to what is real and what isn't real. The Trademark people seem a little more real to me than the Montelongos.

fraga
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who ever bought a house from the Montelongo's...I mean they do sh!t all cheap and probably NOT the right way. They just seem to make everything LOOK good, rather then fix the underlying problem. I've seen them patch over rotted wood, burnt wood, and mold mind you. They take sh!tty houses to begin with and make the visade look brand spanking new. They have no shame whatsoever and I feel bad for the people who bought these "shacks" later on down the line when problems start to arise.

spyder
05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
haa...i used to work at one of the gentlemens club in SA and i would see that dude there all the time...when i saw the show for the first time i was like "hey i know that dude, he comes to my work all the time"...wonder why he would come in cuz i think his wife is pretty hot

fraga
05-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Both of the wives are pretty hot...with tig ol bitties...

spyder
05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
hell yea there are

Das Texan
05-21-2007, 10:17 PM
the montelongos are a fucking joke and a black eye on anyone associated with real estate.

fuck them and their totally unethical ways of doing business.

of course none of them actually possess a real estate license, so why should i be surprised?

ashbeeigh
05-21-2007, 11:09 PM
The only thing serious about the montelangos is the big rotweiler he brings to the properties.

"I only trust the people the dog likes...." whatever.

2centsworth
05-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I for one don't see much wrong with what the Montelongos are doing. Them fixing up the houses only makes those communities much better and nicer. Nothing wrong with making a profit while providing this type of service. Now some of the TV stuff, well, it's TV. I just hope the Montelongos don't lie about the figures they show on TV, because that could hurt a lot of good people (novice investors).

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
the point is the Montelongos do not fix up the houses WELL. they just make them *look* good. and they fuck over everyone on thier way to turning a profit on them (contractors etc)

2centsworth
05-22-2007, 09:13 AM
the point is the Montelongos do not fix up the houses WELL. they just make them *look* good. and they fuck over everyone on thier way to turning a profit on them (contractors etc)
I can't say that for certain. TV is misleading.

ponky
05-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I can't say that for certain. TV is misleading.

just like you can't say for certain whether they really are making those properties and communities nicer. the montelongos are a bunch of rotten douchebags that aren't worth watching for two seconds.

like that other poster noted, i like laughing at the people on property ladder too...these was this one *hip* metrosexual dude who overdid it with the nice stuff (granite countertops, stainless steel apps) and priced himself out of the neighborhood, knocked down the wrong wall (foundation wall) and then had to have his daddy from new jersey fly to cali to help him out when he was already something like six weeks behind schedule.

PEP
02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Anyone see The Enquirer last week on page 28? The full page article is entitled, “Flip This House Star FACING PRISON over real estate deals.” It said that Armando was arrested in October for theft of services. Why its in The Enquirer I have no idea.

BonnerDynasty
02-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Dude comes off as a giant tool.

Smackie Chan
02-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I work for Joe Lopez and a few other Investors and I was told the only reason they came to San Antonio was to party during fiesta, so they did some shows here.

Nbadan
02-02-2008, 03:16 AM
There some juicy stuff on the montelongos...

The show had the usual Reality TV standards… a couple of attractive women, a false drama about meeting the scheduled opening house date, conflict between the partners, recreated sceens where it is obvious that there would be no camera person on site normally, a final price scorecard that failed to include holding costs, closing costs, and the costs of sale, and a final profit calculation which is based upon an alleged signed contract resulting from the first open house (accoridng to the Bexar County Recorder records Montelongo, aka 12906 Lone Shadow Trust, bought he property on December 8, 2006, but has not sold it yet) But the thing that irrated me more than anything about this episode was that this BS artist claimed to have bought and remodeled more than 1000 houses in the past 5 years. The first time he said it, I just assumed that he had meant that he had seen more than a thousand houses in the past 5 years, but he said it a second time!! There is no way this joker, even if you factor in that he is working with his brother and both wives, has bought more than a 1000 houses in the past 5 years. If your buying anywhere near that many houses you have to employe a dozen or more fulltime workers. He didn’t have any fulltime workers, in fact he was hiring contractors to do everything, and paying inflated prices because of the false urgency of the open house date.

I would be surprised if Armando Montelongo has bought and sold more than a dozen houses in entire life, it is clear to me that he used this show just to advertise his faux guru services. Too bad for Aramado Montelongo that he got his A$$ kicked by this house. The show says that he bought the house for $55,000, put $85,000 into it, sold it via an open house by his wife for $165,000, for a $25,000 profit. But the County records indicate that he paid $101,400 for it and hasn’t sold it yet. He most likely lost $30,000 on this property, unless he stiffed the contractors which is a good possiblity.

I was going to say that I would periodoically check Bankruptcy records in anticipation of a BK filing from him, but he filed Chapter 13 BK on 11/10/03 (03-32986), and he is still operating under the Chapter 13 plan!, in fact on 2/5/07 he filed a motion to modify his payment plan because he claimed his only income was from diability insurance and that he could only afford to pay $150.00 per month. And his Brother/Partner David is also still operating under a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy from 2003 (03-31980).

Link (http://www.flipthislawsuit.com/2007/04/16/anyone-purchased-armando-montelongos-real-estate-package/)

Smackie Chan
02-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Dude you should have been on the 9/11 commission! :tu

2centsworth
02-02-2008, 08:56 AM
a few months ago Armando had about 16 of his houses on the court house steps. The more I learn about this guy the more it becomes obvious he's a shyster. He used the show to try to promote his book and seminars.

Evan
02-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Almost all reality TV is fake.

Scripted
scenes re-shot
producer pushing story lines

PEP
02-02-2008, 09:45 AM
"It appears that Armando Montelongo experienced difficulty with some recent financing from VCH Funding Corporation. Montelongo’s company, Mandoman Management, Inc., fought off August 7, 2007, foreclosures on four separate properties by obtaining a temporary restraining order, allowing Montelongo the time necessary to line up alternate financing. The restraining orders ended on August 21, 2007. The cases now indicate that they have been terminated. Neither Montelongo’s Attorney nor VCH Funding have returned calls requesting comment."

http://www.flipthislawsuit.com/files/montelongo/lit/070824safc.pdf

Das Texan
02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Anyone see The Enquirer last week on page 28? The full page article is entitled, “Flip This House Star FACING PRISON over real estate deals.” It said that Armando was arrested in October for theft of services. Why its in The Enquirer I have no idea.

wow. how did i miss that?

sounds like his brother bailed at the right time.

PEP
02-02-2008, 12:19 PM
I just received a copy of the warrant from his arrest on 12 October 2007. Anybody want to see it, let me know your email address and I'll send you a copy.

2centsworth
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I just received a copy of the warrant from his arrest on 12 October 2007. Anybody want to see it, let me know your email address and I'll send you a copy.
just post it if you can. if not, i just PM'd you.

BonnerDynasty
02-02-2008, 01:00 PM
But but but...He Drives a HUMMER.

lmao.