PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Bowl finds Title Sponsor

SrA Husker
05-21-2007, 11:34 AM
San Antonio-based Valero Energy Corp. will be announced later this week as the new title sponsor for the Alamo Bowl, sources said Sunday.

Financial terms of the deal are not clear, but an agreement in principle has been struck between the local bowl game and the nation's largest refiner of oil. The game would be called the Valero Alamo Bowl.

It would match the three years remaining on the bowl's current agreements with the Big Ten and Big 12 conferences to supply teams to the annual bowl game, sources said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA052107.01A.1A-AlamoBowl.34a484c.html

Also of note...

The bowl has made a concerted pitch with several potential title sponsors, nearly agreeing to a deal with Kentucky Fried Chicken several months ago. That deal bogged down because of local bowl officials' insistence on keeping the Alamo Bowl name affixed to their game.

Thank goodness there's still some good people in the Alamo Bowl office.

samikeyp
05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
:tu

degenerate_gambler
05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
the Kentucky Fried Chicken Bowl?

my gawd..

CubanMustGo
05-22-2007, 05:48 PM
God knows with the money Valero has been making at all of our expense the cost to sponsor the Alamo Bowl is chicken feed. So to speak, KFC.

gtownspur
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
the Kentucky Fried Chicken Bowl?

my gawd..

It has chicken, mashed potatoes, cheese, and a bisket.

WHat does your combo meal have?

samikeyp
05-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I have a bun...its biscuit-esque.