PDA

View Full Version : Kori, was that you I heard in the press room?

Budkin
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I was watching the postgame stuff this morning and I think I heard you asking a question to TP in the press room. I've heard you asking questions in the locker room before but never in one of the big press conferences in the playoffs. How does all that work and is this your first time in there? Major props btw!

duncan228
05-21-2007, 01:19 PM
It was Kori, she mentioned it in the game blog.
Isn't she great?

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes it was me. I asked 2 questions to TP (the first two questions asked) and one to Pop (about Oberto).

No, it's not my first time in the big playoff press conferences. I have done it every season since 2003-04. (And a little bit in 2002-03 during the season but not playoffs). I have press credentials through WOAI.

Basically all the press goes in there and sits in those seats. When you want to ask a question, you signal someone who has a boom microphone and when they put it in front of you then it's your turn to ask. Sometimes when no one is asking questions, I just ask without signaling for the mic - that's why you missed the first part of my question to Pop, I believe :lol

Thanks for the acknowledgement and props.

--Kori

Soul_Patch
05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey Kori,

Just a quick question.

Lately ive been having one of those, wtf am i doing with my career / life sort of moments...and one of the big things that always pops into my head is, "why the hell did i never pursue my enjoyment of writing"

Talking to friends i think, man i really should have went into journalism, but of course i didn't...i work in computers :( and it bores the shit out of me...

anyway...how did you get to where your at, or doing what you are doing.

SA210
05-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes it was me. I asked 2 questions to TP (the first two questions asked) and one to Pop (about Oberto).

No, it's not my first time in the big playoff press conferences. I have done it every season since 2003-04. (And a little bit in 2002-03 during the season but not playoffs). I have press credentials through WOAI.

Basically all the press goes in there and sits in those seats. When you want to ask a question, you signal someone who has a boom microphone and when they put it in front of you then it's your turn to ask. Sometimes when no one is asking questions, I just ask without signaling for the mic - that's why you missed the first part of my question to Pop, I believe :lol

Thanks for the acknowledgement and props.

--Kori
Hey Kori, maybe one day you can be sitting next to Kenny and Charles for TNT. :lol

That would be cool.:smokin

bdictjames
05-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Wow.

Hey Kori, do the Spur players recognize you and know that you run spurstalk?

doldrums
05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey Kori,

Just a quick question.

L

Talking to friends i think, man i really should have went into journalism, but of course i didn't.

well 1st thing you need to know is that I should have "gone" not "went" into journalism. sorry , but you left yourself exposed there. BTW many people unfortunately make that same error esp sportscasters like Magic Johnson and Kenny smith :pctoss .

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey Kori,

Just a quick question.

Lately ive been having one of those, wtf am i doing with my career / life sort of moments...and one of the big things that always pops into my head is, "why the hell did i never pursue my enjoyment of writing"

Talking to friends i think, man i really should have went into journalism, but of course i didn't...i work in computers :( and it bores the shit out of me...

anyway...how did you get to where your at, or doing what you are doing.

I'll send you a private message.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Wow.

Hey Kori, do the Spur players recognize you and know that you run spurstalk?

Some of the players know me ... and several of them know about SpursTalk.

Shelly
05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Once I saw Kori walk in front of the camera :lol

Soul_Patch
05-21-2007, 01:40 PM

polandprzem
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
It was Kori and she asked quite good questions.

I do not know why but americans can't ask realy good questions about basketball. So more or less all the press conferences looks the same. :sleep

Good there is some Pop humor sometimes. :toast

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Once I saw Kori walk in front of the camera :lol

:lol I think that happened again in the Denver series. :lol

Mavs<Spurs
05-21-2007, 01:51 PM

Go, Kori!!!

:fro

Shelly
05-21-2007, 02:01 PM

:lol I missed that one!

PM5K
05-21-2007, 02:09 PM
I hate when you can't hear the questions being asked...

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I hate when you can't hear the questions being asked...

Well during the season, there's no boom mic - that's why you can't hear them. In the playoffs, they have it. But sometimes the reporters don't wait for it to be in front of them.

Corn on the Colb
05-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Well during the season, there's no boom mic - that's why you can't hear them. In the playoffs, they have it. But sometimes the reporters don't wait for it to be in front of them.

That's very cool, and I'm glad to hear you've 'made it' per-say. I am persuing a career in sports broadcasting, so I wouldn't mind a copy of that PM, if you don't mind.

If not, I understand. I just joined 15 minutes ago! :D

easjer
05-21-2007, 02:26 PM
So that WAS you!!

How funny! I thought at the time, "Huh, wouldn't it be funny if that's Kori. It sounds like her."

Heh.

LilMissSPURfect
05-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Some of the players know me ... and several of them know about SpursTalk.

who is who on this board ? as far as players go? I wish timmy would post!

:oops :lol :dramaquee ?

YoMamaIsCallin
05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
It was Kori and she asked quite good questions.

I do not know why but americans can't ask realy good questions about basketball. So more or less all the press conferences looks the same. :sleep

Good there is some Pop humor sometimes. :toast

It's because Americans are lazy and want someone to tell them a story with characters, emotions, feelings, and a plot with good guys and bad guys. They don't actually want to check in with reality and make up their own minds. So the reporters ask questions like:

"How did it feel when.... ?"
"What's your reaction to what XXX said?"

and other stuff like that that has nothing to do with the actual game.

BacktoBasics
05-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Some of the players know me ... and several of them know about SpursTalk.It would be nice if one of them had a blog here.