PDA

View Full Version : Ton of Tickets left for tomorrow!!!

2centsworth
05-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm sorta shocked because in the past I've always had to buy scalped tickets at a premium. Lots of pairs from $159 on down.

I bought two!!

ballhog
05-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Would love to go but I live 1200 miles away.

Horry For 3!
05-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll talk to my friend to see if he wants to go because I am not goin by myself. I have off tomorrow so I could go.

duncan228
05-21-2007, 07:20 PM
It's my biggest wish-to see Duncan play in person. I'd go myself. I'd go and sit in the rafters!
If you're in SA and can afford a ticket please go for those of us too far away to. And make some noise so we can hear you in our living rooms!

dbreiden83080
05-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I'll talk to my friend to see if he wants to go because I am not goin by myself. I have off tomorrow so I could go.

Go if you can i live in NY no chance for me but there are tons of tickets left in the 100 section for for like 150 bucks, that would be worth it to me.

ducks
05-21-2007, 07:21 PM
are you a female or male
I would go by myself
you could meet up with spurstalk posters at halftime to

dbreiden83080
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
It's my biggest wish-to see Duncan play in person. I'd go myself. I'd go and sit in the rafters!
If you're in SA and can afford a ticket please go for those of us too far away to. And make some noise so we can hear you in our living rooms!

I have seen him play live twice at the Garden when the Spurs came to play the Knicks, both times Spurs won and he played BIG.

Extra Stout
05-21-2007, 07:28 PM
In any other city, these tickets are gone 8 hours ago.

Spurs fans are inching toward the distinction of being the worst in the NBA.

duncan228
05-21-2007, 07:28 PM
I have seen him play live twice at the Garden when the Spurs came to play the Knicks, both times Spurs won and he played BIG.

Would be a dream for me!
I've lived close to teams, saw lots of Sonics games, Celtics games, even a few Lakers games but I've never been able to get tickets when the Spurs roll through. I'm hoping next season I'll be able to. I've managed to see some "big" names, KG, Kobe, AI, but never the one I care about most.

judaspriestess
05-21-2007, 07:29 PM
:pctoss

I'm in Vegas, I can't go :cry

judaspriestess
05-21-2007, 07:30 PM

pewtrid isn't it?

makedamnsure
05-21-2007, 07:31 PM
ughhhh I wish this once this weekend cause i could definatley goo

TheWriter
05-21-2007, 07:37 PM

You're right. That's why I was able to "get" two 750 dollar tickets via TicketMaster for the Pistons-Cavs game 2 on Thursday.

Well, maybe you're wrong.

Extra Stout
05-21-2007, 07:37 PM
If there's a Game 5, I'm there.

Extra Stout
05-21-2007, 07:38 PM
You're right. That's why I was able to "get" two 750 dollar tickets via TicketMaster for the Pistons-Cavs game 2 on Thursday.

Well, maybe you're wrong.
Game 2 = 72 hours from now. Not the same.

SequSpur
05-21-2007, 07:59 PM

Why? Look.. they don't give away shit at the games... some stupid fuckin blow up banger? When everyone else is giving shirts, etc. etc.

Do you go to the games? It costs a minimum of $40 per ticket for a good seat, it's a minimum of $10 to park, its $6+ dollars for a drink and even more if you want to buy something to eat... I've gone to games this year on free tickets and still spent $40 on parking and other crap... It's ridiculous...

Gas is almost $3... WTF? something has to give...

The games are on TV for free. You can buy a case for less than $20 bucks, you can pick up some barbque for a few bones... and cuss your ass off because you don't have to listen to some old ass bitch whining about your language...

The experience is just not there for me anymore... Doesn't mean I don't give a shit about the Spurs but going to the game is shitty now. I have more fun partying with my friends watching it at home... I would assume they would say the same as well, because I don't see them buying tickets either.

TheWriter
05-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Game 2 = 72 hours from now. Not the same.

Detroit is playing Cleveland with their star child Lebron, and there are still 750 dollar tickets left. Pathetic Pistons fans. :sleep

milkyway21
05-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Nice. I am eager to go though i live in far far away land in the galaxy. And San Antonians chose to watch my favorite team at home instead? :D

Soul_Patch
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Yea i cant afford 400 dollars for tickets (two people) 10 bucks to park. 40 dollars on beverages...

Nearly 500 dollars for a night out. Just cant really drop that kinda dough every other night. Believe me i wish i could.

Darkwaters
05-21-2007, 08:18 PM
My goal was to be driving down to Dallas about this time to root for the Spurs. While I'm glad that Dallas is sleeping with the fishes...I'm also a bit bummed. I wanted to go to another Spurs game this year!

T Park
05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Why? Look.. they don't give away shit at the games

so going to the game isn't enough?

Good riddance.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Just FYI ... For everyone who is saying they want to go but can't afford it, there's tons of tickets on ebay going well under face value. You can get a pair for $20-30 total.

Russ
05-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the Borefest. I'd rather watch paint dry. :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

duncan228
05-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Just FYI ... For everyone who is saying they want to go but can't afford it, there's tons of tickets on ebay going well under face value. You can get a pair for $20-30 total.

My God I'd do anything to be in SA right now!

boutons_
05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Pistons exciting the hell out of the Palace, first two qtrs under 20 pts each.

milkyway21
05-21-2007, 08:39 PM
I accompanied my grandmother in L.A. last yr so she can have second opinion regarding a health problem I had the chance to see the Spurs in Sacramento. Only they lost the game. But a had a good time. I was surprised they actually like Tim Duncan but as I expected, they hate Big Shot Rob(:D). I really wanted to watch a game in S.A. but i was already in a hospital then attending my grandma.

gilmor
05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I would love to come to watch a couple of games in SA..

But just couldn't find the time at the moment..

dbreiden83080
05-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Why? Look.. they don't give away shit at the games... some stupid fuckin blow up banger? When everyone else is giving shirts, etc. etc.

Do you go to the games? It costs a minimum of $40 per ticket for a good seat, it's a minimum of $10 to park, its $6+ dollars for a drink and even more if you want to buy something to eat... I've gone to games this year on free tickets and still spent $40 on parking and other crap... It's ridiculous...

Gas is almost $3... WTF? something has to give...

The games are on TV for free. You can buy a case for less than $20 bucks, you can pick up some barbque for a few bones... and cuss your ass off because you don't have to listen to some old ass bitch whining about your language...

The experience is just not there for me anymore... Doesn't mean I don't give a shit about the Spurs but going to the game is shitty now. I have more fun partying with my friends watching it at home... I would assume they would say the same as well, because I don't see them buying tickets either.

Buddy you don't know what high prices are OK. In NY during Ewings heyday tickets in the 100 section for playoff games were going for close to a thousand bucks. Finals games back in 94 and 99 in those sections were going for as much as 5 grand. I see tickets to tomorrow nights game in the 100 section are 159 bucks, you could not get nosebleed seats at the Garden for that price in the playoffs and the BO would be open for 10 min and they would be gone.

Holmes_Fans
05-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Here I thought spurs fans were some of the best in the NBA. In Dallas an upper level seat for this round would be $150, they are as low as $40 on Stubhub in San Antonio. That is a fucking deal. I know one guy who sold 2 seats for the Dal/SA regular season matchup at the end of the year for $90/each in the upper level. I saw one guy bitching about paying $180 for a 10th row from the court seat.

No offense, but is SA and the towns around it just poor or do they not care to be there. I figured it would be awesome to go to the river walk, go to the game then go back to the river walk.

Yea i cant afford 400 dollars for tickets (two people) 10 bucks to park. 40 dollars on beverages...

Nearly 500 dollars for a night out. Just cant really drop that kinda dough every other night. Believe me i wish i could.
There are tickets for $39 on the corners on stubhub (http://www.stubhub.com/san-antonio-spurs-playoff-tickets/?event_id=382032)

2centsworth
05-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Here I thought spurs fans were some of the best in the NBA. In Dallas an upper level seat for this round would be $150, they are as low as $40 on Stubhub in San Antonio. That is a fucking deal. I know one guy who sold 2 seats for the Dal/SA regular season matchup at the end of the year for $90/each in the upper level. I saw one guy bitching about paying $180 for a 10th row from the court seat.

No offense, but is SA and the towns around it just poor or do they not care to be there. I figured it would be awesome to go to the river walk, go to the game then go back to the river walk.
it's a great time and you would enjoy it. I don't know what in the world is going on with the tickets right now.

MI21
05-21-2007, 09:52 PM
That's fucking ridiculous.

$30-40 US$ for a pair of tickets to the WCF?

Fuck, I pay $40AUS which is about $35US to go to local sporting events here in Australia which are nothing close to the magnitude of an NBA Playoff game..

I can't believe this.

LakerLanny
05-21-2007, 10:09 PM

How are pairs of WC Finals tickets still available?

~Sweetmelody~
05-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Well, speaking for myself. I live 4 hours away and we try to go once every year.
This year we just couldn't/can't go -because of medical expenses.

Oh, and last year when I did go, I had some rude Mavs Fans around me! :devil

LOL

Trust me I would love to be there.

On a sidenote, everyone in the Valley seems to have Spurs Fever. I have seen cars with GO SPURS GO, flags, folks wearing Spurs t-shirts,caps and such... I think its awesome! :clap

The Red Hood
05-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Gas 60$

Parking 10$

A waterburger with grilled Jalapenos and a Large Coke easy on the Ice 25$

Being able to see the San Antonio Spurs win against the Utah Jazz 108 to 100 at the At@t Center Priceless

Tigole Bitties
05-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Isn't parking more like $25?

Tek_XX
05-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Hmm Northsiders must be busy.

Tek_XX
05-21-2007, 11:42 PM
You can't blame people for not going when it's cheaper to just sit in front of the T.V.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Isn't parking more like $25?

Parking is about $10 to park in the AT&T Center lot. And you can find parking down the street for $6.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Got my ticket

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 11:45 PM
You can't blame people for not going when it's cheaper to just sit in front of the T.V.

:lol It's cheaper to sit in front of the TV in every NBA city.

You can find two tickets to tomorrow's game for $20 on ebay. You aren't going to find NBA tickets much cheaper than that anywhere even Hawks games in the regular season. And this is a Spurs game in the Western Conference Finals.

T Park
05-21-2007, 11:50 PM
20 bucks for a western conference finals game is just lunacy.

Hell Im flying in from california after driving from SA to here since sunday to go to game 2.

You fuckers sitting on your asses can friggen go.

Tek_XX
05-21-2007, 11:51 PM

You can find two tickets to tomorrow's game for $20 on ebay. You aren't going to find NBA tickets much cheaper than that anywhere even Hawks games in the regular season. And this is a Spurs game in the Western Conference Finals.

Sitting in front of the T.V is still cheaper than $20.

Kori Ellis
05-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Sitting in front of the T.V is still cheaper than $20.

Umm ... yeah, no kidding. But the tickets aren't expensive, like everyone here is claiming. So, that's no excuse for a town with one real pro sports team and well over 1M people not to be able to sell out a 18K seat arena.

LuvBones
05-21-2007, 11:55 PM
I had to work tomorrow but luckily someone asked to switch so now I'm off....... maybe it's a sign I should be at the game. ;)

Tek_XX
05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Umm ... yeah, no kidding. But the tickets aren't expensive, like everyone here is claiming. So, that's no excuse for a town with one real pro sports team and well over 1M people not to be able to sell out a 18K seat arena.

Bring on the NFL :rolleyes

LuvBones
I think I'm going to buy a ticket. :D

dbreiden83080

Do a ton of people just show up the day of the game and get their tickets at the BO. I can still go to Spurs.com and get like 20 tickets to the game all sitting together that is just pathetic, less than 24 hrs before the game.

davi78239
05-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Damn! And we want an NFL team here?

Tek_XX
05-22-2007, 12:00 AM
What happens when the Spurs aren't as successful? Will feeling up the half the AT&T be considered a success?

davi78239
05-22-2007, 12:05 AM
What happens when the Spurs aren't as successful? Will feeling up the half the AT&T be considered a success?

Maybe people aren't turned on by going to the games anymore because we're a "Dirty" team now.........lol

dknights411
05-22-2007, 12:07 AM

I just quoted that because this typo is hilarious. :rofl

Brutalis
05-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I have no problem with someone flying me from Little Rock to SA, and tickets to the game. Just PM me.

:)

BeerIsGood!
05-22-2007, 12:16 AM
I went to the 1st PO game against Denver and to this last game against Utah. Both times were great and had lots of fun, but it is expensive to go to the game - especially if you live out of town. The 8 hour round trip drive from Garland isn't exactly cheap in and of itself. I enjoy the live performance, but I also enjoy watching the game in HD with my recliner and a sixer of Dos XX. As much fun as it is I'm done for the year unless there's a closeout game at the ATT of the NBA finals.

KEDA
05-22-2007, 04:44 AM
Ill be there!!!

Section 113!!!

Soul_Patch
05-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Im broke for the next 2 weeks planning a trip to the coast. Renting a condo on the beach is expensive :(

Extra Stout
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM

Because of the San Antonio Inferiority Complex, people are going to rationalize and rationalize and rationalize. The idea that San Antonio could have worse fans than the Atlanta Hawks do generates a lot of cognitive dissonance. And for the blue-collar fans, it's not true at all. They are as devoted as ever.

Bu the hard truth is that the well-off people in San Antonio don't care about the Spurs anymore.

Extra Stout
05-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Detroit is in the same boat, BTW. LOTS of seats available for Game 2.

But they did manage to sell out Game 1.

Cavs playoff tickets are so hard to get that they've instituted a lottery just for the chance to buy them. They're selling tickets to the games at the Palace on the Cavs website.