PDA

View Full Version : Soprano's>>>>Hero's

atxrocker
05-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Hero's finale was dissapointing overall(cept a few parts) while the Soprano's latest episode was great. Tony is the fucking man.

J.T.
05-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Heroes finale was predictable. Me and my dad had a bet going about what would happen. I said Nathan would fly away with Peter and let him blow up in the atmosphere, dad said Hiro would teleport him somewhere safe so no one would get hurt. I don't see how anything else could have happened to stop the explosion. Peter wanted Claire to shoot him, somehow that's less dramatic.

The show had great character development, and I didn't think the finale was as awesome as that episode a few weeks ago about the future, but it was still a great first season for the show. The biggest thing to me about the finale was Nathan deciding to save the world. It was one of those moments like when Vader tosses the Emperor into the Death Star core. Nathan was a genuinely good guy, manipulated by bad people, and in the end he makes a choice based on his own beliefs. It's a story element we've all seen before, but I think it worked.

There are still a lot of questions to be answered on Heroes, I'm glad NBC picked it up for another season.

Spurminator
05-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Sylar's death was weak

J.T.
05-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Sylar didn't die, didn't you see the blood trail over to the manhole cover at the end?

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2007, 09:09 AM
I wass rally pissed about Syler surviving . I was ready to move on to the next bad guy that they were obviously setting us up for next season.

CharlieMac
05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Oh Sopranos definitely owns Heroes. I want to body slam half the characters in that show.

For a split second I thought Tony was gonna let AJ drown.

Ballcox
05-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I really like the debate that's come up in the Sopranos about whether or not Tony is a true sociopath. My stepdad and I (we're both liscenced therapists) have had a running debate on this topic.

I feel that Tony is a sociopath, he operates outside the bounds of 'normal' or a 'legal' society, he has very shallow or non-existent emotional connections to other people and he has no problem actually killing people he views as a threat to himself. Just look at the incident with Christopher where he could have called 911 but instead suffocated him to death, later on he's actually pissed off that other people around him are sad about his death. I do think at the beginning of the series that Tony still had some 'real' emotional connection to other people, but I think it's gone at this point. Hell, if Carmela was thinking about going to the FBI and Tony found out? I don't think he would have any problem killing his wife, wouldn't give it a second thought.

My step-dad on the other hand sees Tony as more of a personality type disorder, mostly being narcissistic due to the environment he lives and works in. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (kind of see this going on with Phil/New York family right now), requires excessive admiration, has a sense of entitlement, and is interpersonally exploitative-takes advantage of others to acheive his own ends.

What do you guys think? He could be a combination of the two, both narcissistic and a sociopath. In any case, he definitely got in touch with his anger last episode with that beat down on the guy who acted inappropriately with Meadow, gonna be real interesting to see how this whole things finishes up.

johnsmith
05-22-2007, 11:28 AM
How are these two shows even slightly related?

NFL>>>>>>National Spelling Bee

Spurminator
05-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Sylar didn't die, didn't you see the blood trail over to the manhole cover at the end?

Good point, I found last night's episode so unmemorable that I forgot about that part.

Can someone explain why Peter can perform any "power" that he has been exposed to but he couldn't fly himself into the atmosphere?

LuvBones
05-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Damn it! I haven't seen Heroes yet!! :madrun

Sec24Row7
05-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I thought Heroes had like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 ending...

Complete with manhole cover and Feudal Japan...