PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Spurs, Mr. Stern

Pages : [1] 2

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 02:48 AM
You have successfully assassinated basketball as we know it for a critical generation of sports fans. You took the last kernel of sanctity and spice in a sport saturated with thuggery, flushed it down your corporate toilet, and replaced it with a bland piece of molded burnt toast. You've sold out to cronyism and this contrived conceit that defense wins championships. In doing so, you have lost a legeion of lifelong hoops devotes, including myself.

Thank you for the soiling the purity of a great game. Thank you for spoiling the one thing other than sex that I enjoy in life.

I hope you can sleep at night, commissioner. Enjoy getting beat out by hockey in the Nielsens.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-22-2007, 02:49 AM
David Stern posts here?

flipcritic
05-22-2007, 02:50 AM
:violin

timvp
05-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Did the Suns make the playoffs? I forgot.

jaffies
05-22-2007, 02:54 AM
Who the hell are the Suns??

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Stay near the bench.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 02:56 AM
If you think what Robert Horry did is a flagrant 2 that deserved 2 games, and if you think that ballet dance during the suns/spurs series was physical basketball, and if you think the commissioner is going to let your team cheat when they broke the rules, you won't be missed as a fan.

caŽlo
05-22-2007, 02:59 AM
i stopped reading when i saw the poster was a phoenix fan.

im actually starting to like mavsfans than phoenix fans. man they whine a WHOLE DAMN LOT!

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Cheat? How did we cheat? We were the victims.

It's one of the most primal human emotions to run the aid of a friend in need, and for that, Amare and Diop were suspended? Bullshit.

Why wasn't Duncan suspended? He did the same thing earlier in the game.

Budkin
05-22-2007, 03:02 AM

It's one of the most primal human emotions to run the aid of a friend in need, and for that, Amare and Diop were suspended? Bullshit.

Proof you are a fraud. You call yourself a Suns fan and you don't even know your own players... Mav fan perhaps? :lmao

jaffies
05-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Diop was traded?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:04 AM
I meant, Diaw.

And it is quite petty of you to question my allegience over a simple spelling error. I should have expected as much from a Spur(iou)s fan.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:05 AM

You wanted the NBA not to suspend your players who broke a very simple rule. How is that not cheating? If you ask for someone to overlook a rule that benefits your team, that's cheating. Why would you think that somehow your precious team is above the rules that apply to everyone else? Why would you think that the opposing team is responsible for the fact that you don't think the rules should apply to you?

As for primal human emotions, how come nobody else on the Suns did the same thing? Are the other players less than human? Or are the two players that ran out there just morons who made a mistake? God forbid you place the blame where it belongs. If your team was good enough to beat the Spurs they'd have done it in game 1 or game 6 anyway.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:06 AM
You wanted the NBA not to suspend your players who broke a very simple rule. How is that not cheating? If you ask for someone to overlook a rule that benefits your team, that's cheating. Why would you think that somehow your precious team is above the rules that apply to everyone else? Why would you think that the opposing team is responsible for the fact that you don't think the rules should apply to you?

As for primal human emotions, how come nobody else on the Suns did the same thing? Are the other players less than human? Or are the two players that ran out there just morons who made a mistake? God forbid you place the blame where it belongs. If your team was good enough to beat the Spurs they'd have done it in game 1 or game 6 anyway.

You're skirting the issue. The bottom line is DUNCAN DID THE SAME THING. Why wasn't he suspended? Give me a cogent reason, and I may just concede the Phoenix loss, albeit tentatively.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:07 AM

http://members.cox.net/wdixon27/shut%20the%20fuck%20up.gif

Face it. Your Suns had ample opportunities to knock off the Spurs before the suspensions. They could have won game 1, didn't. They could have won game 3, didn't.

If the Suns were the god damn great team you seem to think they are, they would have come from behind in both of those games and SWEPT the Spurs.

Did they? No. Either they didn't have the stones to get it done or.....

wait, here it comes..................................

THE SPURS WERE THE BETTER FUCKING TEAM!!!!

So, get off your fucking soapbox and have a slice of "I'm a douchnozzle" pie.

ChumpDumper
Diop!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Cubian slip....

jaffies
Wasn't there a thread about this....

with THE EXACT SAME TITLE

last week??

Answer: Yes.

But that poster said it first, better, and in a more timely manner.

But thanks anyway Carlos Mencia...er, I mean NBAisDead.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:08 AM
And by the way, when Duncan left the bench, there was no fight going on.

When Amare and Diaw left the bench, Horry was already fighting with Raja Bell.

Kori Ellis
05-22-2007, 03:09 AM
:lol Umm.. Amare and Diaw(or Diop) were suspended a week ago. Did some Suns fans just get the memo? Because several are just now starting their threads about it.

Move on.
Worry about keeping (or not keeping) Marion.
Worry about D'Antoni saying after the series that your team had chemistry problems this year.
Worry that you have two guys on your team too stupid or careless to follow a basic rule.
Worry that you have six assistant coaches who didn't even attempt to stop the two guys.
You missed the boat about bitching about the suspensions a week ago.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 03:09 AM
I bet it's the same guy.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:10 AM
"Did they? No. Either they didn't have the stones to get it done or.....
THE SPURS WERE THE BETTER FUCKING TEAM!!!!"

Typical emotional Spurs fans reactions. No facts, just ad hominen opinions.

"So, get off your fucking soapbox and have a slice of "I'm a douchnozzle" pie."

Oh, that's so intelligent.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:10 AM
You're skirting the issue. The bottom line is DUNCAN DID THE SAME THING. Why wasn't he suspended? Give me a cogent reason, and I may just concede the Phoenix loss, albeit tentatively.
I'm not skirting any issue. There was no altercation. The rule states that anyone who leaves the bench during an altercation is suspended. If Jones had shoved Elson, there'd have been an altercation and Duncan would have been suspended. There wasn't. If Raja and Nash hadn't rushed at Horry there wouldn't have been an altercation, and Diaw and Amare wouldn't have been suspended. Don't pretend like this isn't a very simple issue. The bottom line is that you think you should be able to cheat in order to win, and I'd like to know why you think you're so fuckin' special.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 03:11 AM
Fact: Amare and "Diop" broke the rule.

Fact: They got punished for it.

Fact: You're a whiny bitch.

chorizo overdose
05-22-2007, 03:12 AM
There's a raccoon that hangs by the birdfeeder on my backporch when I smoke cigarettes at night. He's really fat and lazy so I empathize with him. I don't mind him. Sometimes I throw Diet Pepsi bottles at him. Sometimes I make noises at him. All in all I live a very lonely life.

you got jokes don't you?

timvp
This Mav Fan outed himself within 5 posts :lmao

Obstructed_View
:Worry about D'Antoni saying after the series that your team had chemistry problems this year.

Since Amare "all about the rules" Stoudemire didn't show up to the end of the season meeting...

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Oh, that's so intelligent.

Nice comeback. Now wipe off your chin.

ChumpDumper
Right, I don't know why he's bitching. Diop had no business being on the floor since he doesn't play for either team.

sabar
I can't be the only one that has noticed a serious decline in late-night troll quality.

OP, you're a week late pal. And if you have a problem with defense winning championships, you should have bailed on the league 10-15 years back.

timvp
05-22-2007, 03:15 AM
Ager errrrrr Amare should have know the rule.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Ager errrrrr Amare should have know the rule.

Amare? You mean that big stupid guy with number 1 on his jersey isn't Damon Stoudamire?

Surely you jest.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm not skirting any issue. There was no altercation. The rule states that anyone who leaves the bench during an altercation is suspended. If Jones had shoved Elson, there'd have been an altercation and Duncan would have been suspended. There wasn't. If Raja and Nash hadn't rushed at Horry there wouldn't have been an altercation, and Diaw and Amare wouldn't have been suspended. Don't pretend like this isn't a very simple issue. The bottom line is that you think you should be able to cheat in order to win, and I'd like to know why you think you're so fuckin' special.

The rules have been bent before to preserve fairnness, so why not now? Answer: Stern's bias.

99.9% of the world backs me up on the opinion that Phoenix was fucked, so no matter what happens, the Spurs "victories" will always have an asterisk, and Phoenix will forever be remembered as the true champion.

SRJ
05-22-2007, 03:17 AM
You know, it never fails. Every since the Duncan era began, whenever the Spurs are in the playoffs, the opposing team complains about the officiating favoring the Spurs.

Well, every team except

Suns
Jazz

Timberwolves
Lakers
Blazers
Knicks

Suns (playing while the the big cat was away!)

Timberwolves
Mavericks
Lakers

Sonics
Lakers

Suns
Lakers
Mavericks
Nets

Grizzlies
Lakers

Sonics
Suns
Pistons

Kings
Mavericks

Jazz

So yeah. Except for two-dozen teams or so, everybody's complaining.

Strike
The rules have been bent before to preserve fairnness, so why not now?

When?

Kori Ellis
The rules have been bent before to preserve fairnness, so why not now? Answer: Stern's bias.

99.9% of the world backs me up on the opinion that Phoenix was fucked, so no matter what happens, the Spurs "victories" will always have an asterisk, and Phoenix will forever be remembered as the true champion.

I know you might not understand this since your team has never won a title. But .. no one ever remembers crap from the 2nd round.

NBAisDead
I can't be the only one that has noticed a serious decline in late-night troll quality.

OP, you're a week late pal. And if you have a problem with defense winning championships, you should have bailed on the league 10-15 years back.

The defense was real then. Now it's all controled by who is and isn't fouled.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:19 AM
When?

All the time.

I recall a similar incident in the Miami/Detroit series last year that resulted in 0 suspensions.

Strike
The defense was real then. Now it's all controled by who is and isn't fouled.

I guess officials only started making bad calls THIS year.

Apparantly they were infallable before the 06-07 season.

chorizo overdose
the day I can drive an el camino to a Nuge show is the greatest day of my life

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:20 AM
All the time.

I recall a similar incident in the Miami/Detroit series last year that resulted in 0 suspensions.

And this supposed one instance (all the time means once in NBAisDeadLand) has some details? Or are you just grasping at excuses in midair?

NBAisDead
[QUOTE=SRJ]You know, it never fails. Every since the Duncan era began, whenever the Spurs are in the playoffs, the opposing team complains about the officiating favoring the Spurs.
QUOTE]

I do not believe the officiating was in favor of the Spurs, just Stern's blatantly biased suspensions.

timvp
The Suns should have had Amare in there instead of Shawn Bradley.

Erect as a Bull
LMFAO suns fans.
I use to like the Suns but Fuck after this series I realize that they are whiny little bitches. Get over it. Your team sucks.

ChumpDumper
All the time.

I recall a similar incident in the Miami/Detroit series last year that resulted in 0 suspensions.So who was involved in the altercation? Who left the bench? How far from the bench did they go? Be specific. I'm sure there's a YouTube of this important occasion.

timvp
05-22-2007, 03:21 AM
The Suns should have had Amare in there instead of Shawn Bradley.

Sorry, I meant Shawn Marion.

SRJ
05-22-2007, 03:22 AM
Nothing says "distortion" like "99.9%".

Strike
Sorry, I meant Shawn Marion.

FUCK!!! I thought you meant Sean Elliott.

Now my whole joke is ruined!

NBAisDead
And this supposed one instance (all the time means once in NBAisDeadLand) has some details? Or are you just grasping at excuses in midair?

There was a mild alteraction between Hamilton and Haslim. Rasheed Wallace was on the bench at the time and took two steps onto the court and was pulled back by a teammate. No suspension.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:24 AM
There was a mild alteraction between Hamilton and Haslim. Rasheed Wallace was on the bench at the time and took two steps onto the court and was pulled back by a teammate. No suspension.

So what you're saying is Wallace was given special treatment?

RASHEED WALLACE???? The undisputed technical foul KING of the NBA?

:lol

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:25 AM
Name one time that rule has been bent when a player left a bench during an altercation on the floor. Once. Just once. They didn't bend that rule for Patrick Ewing standing with his toes over the sideline during a fight, when he made no attempt to move toward the altercation. They changed the rule later. There's no gray area here. Amare and Diaw ran onto the floor during an altercation. They got exactly what they deserved.

Now, answer my question: Why do you think the rules that applied to Patrick Ewing and the Knicks shouldn't apply to Amare and the Suns? If you man up and answer it, you'll be the first Suns fan to do it.

Show me the statistics that prove that 99.9 percent of the world backs you up on that opinion. And have you printed up your "true champions" T-shirt? What time is the parade? If your team couldn't beat a short-handed Spurs team with Amare rested, you don't deserve shit. The Spurs own the Suns, and you know it so you'd rather cheat or at very least act like the series was ever in doubt. Your guys just couldn't handle the pressure of the big stage. As for me, all your pissing and moaning did was make this the most satisfying second round win in Spurs history, soon to be forgotten on the road to a championship.

pooh
05-22-2007, 03:25 AM
I gave up watching games the rest of this playoffs unless the Spurs get knocked off in protest of that snow job the league did on the Suns.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:26 AM
The bottom line: If it were Duncan and Oberto who were suspended, your whining would dwarf that of the supposed whining of Suns fans.

You'll have your time.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:26 AM
I gave up watching games the rest of this playoffs unless the Spurs get knocked off in protest of that snow job the league did on the Suns.

Hear hear!

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:28 AM

Good for you, Pacer fan. I would have thought you would give up because the Pacers suck.

sabar
Duncan and Oberto have an IQ higher than 20, there in lies the rub in your supposed scenario.

It's not our problem if Amare is dumb as a rock.

NBAisDead
So what you're saying is Wallace was given special treatment?

RASHEED WALLACE???? The undisputed technical foul KING of the NBA?

:lol

No, I'm saying that the incident was treated fairly because Stern had no bias in that case. He wouldn't have risked the well deserved flack he is receiving for any team other than his precious Spurs.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:29 AM
The bottom line: If it were Duncan and Oberto who were suspended, your whining would dwarf that of the supposed whining of Suns fans.

You'll have your time.

Actually, when the game was on and I saw Duncan leave the bench I actually screamed "WHAT THE FUCK IS DUNCAN DOING?"

I don't blame the rules. I blame the players.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:30 AM
No, I'm saying that the incident was treated fairly because Stern had no bias in that case. He wouldn't have risked the well deserved flack he is receiving for any team other than his precious Spurs.

And the Spurs are precious, why? Because of the boatloads of money they bring to the league?

Or is it their ultra-exciting play?

Maybe it's the unbelievably flashy face of the league, the uber-animated Tim Duncan!

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 03:31 AM
There was a mild alteraction between Hamilton and Haslim. Rasheed Wallace was on the bench at the time and took two steps onto the court and was pulled back by a teammate. No suspension.Yeah, please give me a link to this. Thanks for saying he didn't run 20 feet from the bench like Amare.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:31 AM
Actually, when the game was on and I saw Duncan leave the bench I actually screamed "WHAT THE FUCK IS DUNCAN DOING?"

I don't blame the rules. I blame the players.

And the rules state that Duncan should have been suspended.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:32 AM

No on court altercation = no suspension.

mavsfan1000
LMFAO suns fans.
I use to like the Suns but Fuck after this series I realize that they are whiny little bitches. Get over it. Your team sucks.
Stern gave the spurs the series. That is a fact. It's time to move on though as this is old news. I'm sure you would whine to if you felt Stern took the series from your team.

sabar
And the rules state that Duncan should have been suspended.Alright, since your IQ seems to be on-par with Amare's, lets make this simple.

NO ALTERCATION TOOK PLACE

Kori Ellis

Actually it states that nothing should have happened to Duncan - because there was no altercation.

NBAisDead
Yeah, please give me a link to this. Thanks for saying he didn't run 20 feet from the bench like Amare.

Oh, you expect me to pull out a 5-second clip from hours of basketball? I can't even remember what game it was!

Sorry I didn't archive it in anticipation that the Suns would be screwed in a similarly obscure play in the following year's playoffs.

Obstructed_View

You'll have your time.
The bottom line: You avoided answering the question. Again. If Duncan and Bowen had been suspended, I'd have been angry at Duncan and Bowen, and the Spurs would still have won the series, because they are the better team. If they hadn't, I'd have blamed Duncan and Bowen. You play by the rules and you win with who's on the floor.

I ask again: Why should your team not have to follow the rules everybody else has to follow? I'm waiting for the answer.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:33 AM
Stern gave the spurs the series. That is a fact. It's time to move on though as this old news. I'm sure you would whine to if you felt Stern took the series from your team.

Well said, Chokewitzki fan.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:33 AM
Actually it states that nothing should have happened to Duncan - because there was no altercation.

It was the beginning of one, and just as subjective as the one with Horry.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Oh, you expect me to pull out a 5-second clip from hours of basketball? I can't even remember what game it was!

Sorry I didn't archive it in anticipation that the Suns would be screwed in a similarly obscure play in the following year's playoffs.

So you have no proof to back up your argument.

Good to know that in a battle of wits, you're unarmed.

Kori Ellis
05-22-2007, 03:34 AM

Umm... go look at the tape again.

This time open your eyes.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:35 AM
If Duncan and Bowen had been suspended, I'd have been angry at Duncan and Bowen, and the Spurs would still have won the series, because they are the better team. If they hadn't, I'd have blamed Duncan and Bowen. You play by the rules and you win with who's on the floor.

Easy to say when you're sitting in the fat seat. I'd like the roles reversed to see just how understanding and by-the-book you are then.

Obstructed_View
Stern gave the spurs the series. That is a fact. It's time to move on though as this is old news. I'm sure you would whine to if you felt Stern took the series from your team.
Quick derail: I heard Grant Hill give your Boozer observation about "shooting from the perimeter" on ESPN not long after our conversation. It must have eaten you up that you couldn't tell me you stole the quote directly from Grant, who accidentally said the wrong word. No wonder I thought it was an oddly lucid basketball take coming from you; that's because it didn't.

Strike

Really, so did Elson start shit with Jones or vice versa?

Nope.

TheWriter
05-22-2007, 03:36 AM

Fucking christ, do you sleep with a helmet on?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:36 AM
So you have no proof to back up your argument.

Good to know that in a battle of wits, you're unarmed.

I'm sure there are countless examples. That's just the first that comes to my mind. View any series of a recent playoffs, and I'm sure you'll see one or two similar cases.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Easy to say when you're sitting in the fat seat. I'd like the roles reversed to see just how understanding and by-the-book you are then.
You can go look at my post history if you'd like, but I'm not going to read my resume to you. Not all of us are cheaters. You avoided the question again. Do you think I'm not going to notice?

I ask again: Why do you think that your team doesn't have to follow the rules that everyone else has to follow?

ChumpDumper
It was the beginning of onePlease describe it in detail.

Strike
Fucking christ, do you sleep with a helmet on?

:lmao

You beat me to it.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:38 AM
Horry got suspended for hitting Raja Bell above the shoulders. Did Elson or Jones throw the first punch?

NBAisDead
Please describe it in detail.

I don't have to describe it. It's there on plain, clear videotape to see, probably all over the internet.

sabar
Easy to say when you're sitting in the fat seat. I'd like the roles reversed to see just how understanding and by-the-book you are then.Yeah right, look at the post history of any serious Spurs fan here, the players always take the blame. Only bandwagoners, as you may be familiar with, go blaming the refs and Stern.

Obstructed_View
I'm sure there are countless examples.
Then you should have no problem producing ONE.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:39 AM
I don't have to describe it. It's there on plain, clear videotape to see, probably all over the internet.

Really? Because I have the game on plain clear videotape and I didn't see Elson or Jones throw a punch.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:39 AM
So provide one link to one video that shows the altercation. Just provide the link to the one you saw. I think I still have that game on DVR. Tell me what I'm supposed to be looking for.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 03:40 AM
I don't have to describe it. It's there on plain, clear videotape to see, probably all over the internet.No, you really need to explain how it is an altercation when Elson is talking to the ref while the plyer who undercut him is running up the court.

NBAisDead
I ask again: Why do you think that your team doesn't have to follow the rules that everyone else has to follow?

Because the rules are flexible to an extent to insure fairness--at least that's the way it works until it puts the Spurs at a disadvantage.

sabar
I'm sure there are countless examples.See: 1997 Knicks v. Miami
Why, 10 years later, are the rules supposed to be broken for your ring-starved team?

mavsfan1000
05-22-2007, 03:41 AM
I don't know how spurs fans can defend what Horry did. Horry is a punk.

ChumpDumper
Because the rules are flexible to an extent to insure fairness--at least that's the way it works until it puts the Spurs at a disadvantage.Yes, had Amare not run so far away from the bench, he wouldn't have been suspended.

ChumpDumper
I don't know how spurs fans can defend what Horry did. Horry is a punk.I'm not defending what Horry did. He was punished.

NBAisDead
No, you really need to explain how it is an altercation when Elson is talking to the ref while the plyer who undercut him is running up the court.

You can tell they were about to tear into each other, but they new the clock was about to start again, and they put they primal passions aside for the sake of the game at that point. The Horry incident took place at the very end of the game.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Because the rules are flexible to an extent to insure fairness--at least that's the way it works until it puts the Spurs at a disadvantage.
That rule is inflexible. That rule calls for a mandatory suspension for anyone that leaves the vicinity of the bench during an altercation. Amare and Diaw both ran toward the altercation, thus negating the "vicinity" rule that was put in there for guys whose toes stick over the sideline. That rule is in place for every NBA player on every NBA team in every NBA game for the last 12 years.

So why do you think that your team should not have to follow the exact rules that everyone else has to follow?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 03:43 AM
You can tell they were about to tear into each otherHow?

Obstructed_View
You defended Jason Terry punching Micheal Finley in the balls. Hello?

Strike

Who on this thread is defending Horry?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:44 AM
That rule is inflexible. That rule calls for a mandatory suspension for anyone that leaves the vicinity of the bench during an altercation. Amare and Diaw both ran toward the altercation, thus negating the "vicinity" rule that was put in there for guys whose toes stick over the sideline. That rule is in place for every NBA player on every NBA team in every NBA game for the last 12 years.

So why do you think that your team should not have to follow the exact rules that everyone else has to follow?

Because, I've seen incidents similar to this in which the rule was NOT enforced. It's not as ironclad as Stern would have you be brainwashed to believe.

Must I continue to repeat myself?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:45 AM
How?

Come on, man. I'm sure you've been in a fight or two before, you know that look and posture.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:46 AM
You can tell they were about to tear into each other, but they new the clock was about to start again, and they put they primal passions aside for the sake of the game at that point.
You didn't actually see it did you? You are talking out of your ass on a Spurs message board to Spurs fans about something you didn't even see. You didn't even take the time to educate yourself about what transpired in that exchange after Elson's dunk, and you somehow thought you were going to get away with that? Here?

Primal passions? Elson hung on the rim too long and let go at the wrong time. Jones got up and ran downcourt. The official spoke to Elson and play resumed.

TheWriter
Because, I've seen incidents similar to this in which the rule was NOT enforced. It's not as ironclad as Stern would have you be brainwashed to believe.

Must I continue to repeat myself?

Give us examples?

Yet the entire time before the suspensions were handed out NBA player after NBA talked about seeing someone or themselves taking one or two steps on the court during an altercation and being suspended.
'
Yet not one: "We'll I've seen a lot of times when players run on the court or leave the bench during an altercation and they are not suspended." Not one, expect for the one game when the fight was in the tunnel.

ChumpDumper
Come on, man. I'm sure you've been in a fight or two before, you know that look and posture.
they put they primal passions aside for the sake of the game at that point. So you're admitting there was no altercation.

Good boy.

NBAisDead
Yeah right, look at the post history of any serious Spurs fan here, the players always take the blame. Only bandwagoners, as you may be familiar with, go blaming the refs and Stern.

I'm hardly a bandwaogner. I've been a Suns fan since the Barkley years.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:47 AM
You can tell they were about to tear into each other, but they new the clock was about to start again, and they put they primal passions aside for the sake of the game at that point. The Horry incident took place at the very end of the game.

So you're saying that they could have been stupid and made a possible bad situation worse but they kept their heads. You do realize that Amare and Boris did the exact opposite, right?

You can tell they were about to tear into each other,

So in addition to you being the interpreter of League rules, you are also clairvoyant?

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:48 AM
And I am waiting for a single example of a player leaving the vicinity of the bench during an altercation and not being suspended by the NBA. Since it's so common, you should have no problem finding an example of two players actually running onto the court during an altercation and not being suspended.

There's no brainwashing involved. It's never happened. You wanted your team to be the first team in the history of this rule not to have to play by it. That's called cheating where I come from, and you still haven't explained why you, as a Suns fan, want your team not to have to play by the rules that everyone else has to play by.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:49 AM
I'm hardly a bandwaogner. I've been a Suns fan since the Barkley years.
Wow, a real greybeard, huh?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:49 AM
So you're admitting there was no altercation.

Good boy.

Pre-altercation, altercation, what's the dif? The supposed unflinching rule is there to prevent altercations or the exacerbation of such. Duncan stepping onto the court then was every bit as potentially volatile as when Amare and Diaw put their tippy toes on the sideline near the end of the game.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:50 AM
And I am waiting for a single example of a player leaving the vicinity of the bench during an altercation and not being suspended by the NBA. Since it's so common, you should have no problem finding an example of two players actually running onto the court during an altercation and not being suspended.

Pull out some of your old playoffs tapes. I know you'll come by plenty. The onus is on you; you've got nothing to lose, right?

sabar
05-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Pre-altercation, altercation, what's the dif?Um, probably the fact that pre-altercation isn't in the rules?

Strike
Pre-altercation, altercation, what's the dif? The supposed unflinching rule is there to prevent altercations or the exacerbation of such. Duncan stepping onto the court then was every bit as potentially volatile as when Amare and Diaw put their tippy toes on the sideline near the end of the game.

Are you high? They ran from the bench on to the floor. They didn't trip over the line or take 2 steps and then stop.

ChumpDumper
Pre-altercation, altercation, what's the dif?The rule doesn't say pre-altercation.
Duncan stepping onto the court then was every bit as potentially volatile as when Amare and Diaw put their tippy toes on the sideline near the end of the game.They did more than that. I don't see why you have to lie.

SpurCapita
05-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Pull out some of your old playoffs tapes. I know you'll come by plenty. The onus is on you; you've got nothing to lose, right?

Sure, the onus is on us to prove YOUR point. Wow. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
Pull out some of your old playoffs tapes. I know you'll come by plenty. The onus is on you; you've got nothing to lose, right?Actually the onus is squarely on you since you want this rule to be ignored.

What have you got to lose?

Strike

Nope. Nothing. The burden of proof is on you since you seem to be an NBA fight archive expert. Though you haven't produced one shred of proof.

NBAisDead
The rule doesn't say pre-altercation.They did more than that. I don't see why you have to lie.

I'm not lying, just pointing out the lunacy and hypocracy of Stern's decision.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Nope. Nothing. The burden of proof is on you since you seem to be an NBA fight archive expert. Though you haven't produced one shred of proof.

My memory is my archive.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Actually the onus is squarely on you since you want this rule to be ignored.

What have you got to lose?

I don't expect the rule to be ignored, just enforced fairly and/or consistently.

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:54 AM

So prove it. That's all you have to do. Produce one clip or even a link to one. I'm sure we'll all be happy to view it.

Obstructed_View
Pre-altercation, altercation, what's the dif?
So you were caught in a lie and you aren't man enough to admit it? The rule clearly states "during an altercation" It could only be a "pre-altercation" if an altercation later happened. It didn't. Therefore it was a "pre-continuation of the game".

The supposed unflinching rule is there to prevent altercations or the exacerbation of such. Duncan stepping onto the court then was every bit as potentially volatile as when Amare and Diaw put their tippy toes on the sideline near the end of the game.

So now, in addition to wanting to cheat, you are going to lie even further? Amare and Diaw ran onto the court. Amare was outside the coach's box past D'Antoni and Nash when the official told him to get back to his seat.

And I thought you said the rule wasn't unflinching. Which is it?

Oh by the way: Why do you think that your team doesn't have to follow the rules that every other team has to follow?

ChumpDumper
I'm not lying, just pointing out the lunacy and hypocracy of Stern's decision.No, you clearly lied about what Amare and Boris did.

Why did you lie?

SpurCapita

If you put Hypocrite and lunatic together, you get "hypolunatic." What's underneath the moon? The Earth. Welcome to it. :dramaquee

Strike
05-22-2007, 03:55 AM
My memory is my archive.

Great retort, Johnny Mnemonic

ChumpDumper
I don't expect the rule to be ignored, just enforced fairly and/or consistently.It was.

no use whining about that.

NBAisDead
So prove it. That's all you have to do. Produce one clip or even a link to one. I'm sure we'll all be happy to view it.

Oh, I'm sure there are sites that saves dozens of clips of players walking onto the court.

Strike
If you put Hypocrite and lunatic together, you get "hypolunatic." What's underneath the moon? The Earth. Welcome to it. :dramaquee

:lmao

NBAisDead
It was.

no use whining about that.

There is where we part ways. It wasn't.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 03:56 AM
But you said it happens all the time. I say that there are zero examples of it. It's not on me at all; you need to show me evidence, otherwise you want your team to get away with something that I say no other team has ever been allowed to get away with.

sabar
05-22-2007, 03:56 AM
I think NBAisDead owned himself.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:57 AM
No, you clearly lied about what Amare and Boris did.

Why did you lie?

Of course they did more than put their tip toes on the court. It's satire through exaggeration, okay? You get the point.

Geez you Spurs fans love to quibble over minutia while skirting the big issues

Strike
My memory is my archive.

:ttiwwp:

SpurCapita
Oh, I'm sure there are sites that saves dozens of clips of players walking onto the court.

Then find one and tell us where it is. "The internet" is not a specific location.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 03:58 AM
But you said it happens all the time. I say that there are zero examples of it. It's not on me at all; you need to show me evidence, otherwise you want your team to get away with something that I say no other team has ever been allowed to get away with.

"All the time" is a relative term. Do I have to explain the concept of a relative term to you? No, it doesn't happen every play or every game, but it has happened.

Obstructed_View
Not without proof you aren't. You have to show one time that he made a decision not to enforce that rule in order for him to be a hypocrite. Otherwise you are just a pathetic little sore loser that's spouting off because his team wasn't good enough to win. I'm sure that's not the case, so why don't you just dig up ONE example for me?

Otherwise you can tell my why you think your team doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Strike
Of course they did more than put their tip toes on the court. It's satire through exaggeration, okay? You get the point.

Coming from the one who has no proof of the "big issue".

Seriously, how bad does it suck to be you?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 03:59 AM
Of course they did more than put their tip toes on the court. It's satire through exaggeration, okay? You get the point.Yeah, the point is you lied about the most important factor considered by the league in enforcement of the bench rule that has been enforced for ten years.

sabar

Geez you Spurs fans love to quibble over minutia while skirting the big issuesIt's a shame you can't put that elegant diction into a coherent argument.

Obstructed_View
My memory is my archive.
So relay us the details. Tell us who the players are, tell us what game it was and there will surely be a news item about it. You said it happens all the time so give me two or three and I'll go research them for you.

J.T.
If Game 4 were properly officiated, Spurs win in 5. Suns fan has no business talking about cheating, fairness, or his team playing on any date later than May 20th in the playoffs.

NBAisDead
:ttiwwp:

You remind me of the quasi-nazis in Ray Bradubury's Farenheit 451, who burn books and communicate only through visual means.

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:00 AM
So relay us the details. Tell us who the players are, tell us what game it was and there will surely be a news item about it. You said it happens all the time so give me two or three and I'll go research them for you.

Hell, just ONE!!!

NBAisDead
If Game 4 were properly officiated, Spurs win in 5. Suns fan has no business talking about cheating, fairness, or his team playing on any date later than May 20th in the playoffs.

Here we go, Spurs fan whining about the officiating!

Thought it was only we Suns fans who whined?

Obstructed_View
I don't expect the rule to be ignored, just enforced fairly and/or consistently.
The rule is enforced consistently. The only thing that would make it fair is if it's applied to every player on every team, which is what you don't want. You won't say why, though.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:01 AM

I told you, the only one that readily comes to mind is the incident in the Heat/Pistons series last year. I know I've seen more, just can't remember the particular parties involved.

I know I've seen a shooting star before, but I can't remember where or when, get it?

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:01 AM
"All the time" is a relative term. Do I have to explain the concept of a relative term to you? No, it doesn't happen every play or every game, but it has happened.
You said it happens more than once a game. All I'm asking for is one example. How many times did it happen in the Cleveland Detroit game? How many times did it happen in the other games during the Spurs Suns series?

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:02 AM
You remind me of the quasi-nazis in Ray Bradubury's Farenheit 451, who burn books and communicate only through visual means.

Who? Didn't Ray BRADBURY write FAHRENHEIT 451?

Spellcheck is a wonder of technology.

So too apparantly is your hard drive brain where all your examples are supposedly stored.

ChumpDumper
You remind me of the quasi-nazis in Ray Bradubury's Farenheit 451, who burn books and communicate only through visual means.You remind me of Tommy Flanagan, the Pathological Liar.

You're going to mention Morgan Fairchild soon, I just know it.

Obstructed_View

No, actually it's lying.

The big issue is this:

Why do you think that the Phoenix Suns don't have to play by the exact same rules as every other team in the NBA?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:03 AM
You said it happens more than once a game. All I'm asking for is one example. How many times did it happen in the Cleveland Detroit game? How many times did it happen in the other games during the Spurs Suns series?

I'm sorry for that misconception. Maybe my bad. I thought you would understand the point I was trying to make through exaggeration.

In my estimate, I've probably seen it 3 or 4 times over the last 3 playoffs. The point is, it's happened.

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:04 AM
You remind me of Tommy Flanagan, the Pathological Liar.

You're going to mention Morgan Fairchild soon, I just know it.

It's Tommy Flan-ay-gun.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

SpurCapita
I told you, the only one that readily comes to mind is the incident in the Heat/Pistons series last year. I know I've seen more, just can't remember the particular parties involved.

I know I've seen a shooting star before, but I can't remember where or when, get it?

Without any proof in hand, your weak-ass threads become incredibly feeble. Hell, why don't you just post that you've banged 50,000+ girls, but that you can't remember any of their names, or what they looked like. All that you can tell us is that there probably is video on the internet, and that one of them might have had a birthday last year. :dizzy

NBAisDead
No, actually it's lying.

The big issue is this:

Why do you think that the Phoenix Suns don't have to play by the exact same rules as every other team in the NBA?

Must I repeat myself again?

BECAUSE THE REST OF NBA DOESN'T PLAY BY THESE SAME RULE.

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:05 AM
I'm sorry for that misconception. Maybe my bad. I thought you would understand the point I was trying to make through exaggeration.

In my estimate, I've probably seen it 3 or 4 times over the last 3 playoffs. The point is, it's happened.

REDUNDANCY ALERT!!!

PROVE IT.

NBAisDead
Without any proof in hand, your weak-ass threads become incredibly feeble. Hell, why don't you just post that you've banged 50,000+ girls, but that you can't remember any of their names, or what they looked like. All that you can tell us is that there probably is video on the internet, and that one of them might have had a birthday last year. :dizzy

Just watch some old playoff games and you'll see, I guarantee. Or are you afraid I might just be right and spoil that illusion of a series win the Spurs stole?

Obstructed_View

Well here's a link to the Heat/Pistons series page on NBA.com. YOu can go through the game logs and find the incident. If there was an altercation there should have been technical fouls awarded, and there should be a corresponding news story about the commissioner deciding not to suspend the players involved.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2006/series_detmia.html

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 04:06 AM

BECAUSE THE REST OF NBA DOESN'T PLAY BY THESE SAME RULE.Prove they don't.

NBAisDead
REDUNDANCY ALERT!!!

PROVE IT.

I've got nothing to prove. 99.9% of basketball fans see it for what it is. It's just a matter of how long you Spurs fans wish to live this lie of a playoff win.

Strike
Just watch some old playoff games and you'll see, I guarantee. Or are you afraid I might just be right and spoil that illusion of a series win the Spurs stole?

Just run a USB cable from your brain to your computer, upload it and post the link, Johnny. So we may all enjoy the endless archive that is your mind.

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:07 AM
I've got nothing to prove. 99.9% of basketball fans see it for what it is. It's just a matter of how long you Spurs fans wish to live this lie of a playoff win.

So what the fuck are you doing here, troll?

NBAisDead
Well here's a link to the Heat/Pistons series page on NBA.com. YOu can go through the game logs and find the incident. If there was an altercation there should have been technical fouls awarded, and there should be a corresponding news story about the commissioner deciding not to suspend the players involved.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2006/series_detmia.html

You won't find it there, because it wasn't a story. Stern made the rule a story by exploiting it.

SpurCapita

I'm more afraid of Ray Bradbury stepping on my toe than I am of you being correct about anything.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Thank you for spoiling the one thing other than sex that I enjoy in life

:lmao this explains a lot

ChumpDumper
I've got nothing to prove. 99.9% of basketball fans see it for what it is. It's just a matter of how long you Spurs fans wish to live this lie of a playoff win.You have everything to prove.

All we have to do is say dude should've stayed near the bench.

NBAisDead
So what the fuck are you doing here, troll?

I'm not a troll. As I said in another thread, I'm experimenting, trying to figure out just what kind of delusions of grandeur it takes for Spurs fans not to see the light.

ChumpDumper
You won't find it there, because it wasn't a story. Stern made the rule a story by exploiting it.How and why did Stern "exploit" the rule?

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:09 AM

I don't know what point you are "trying" to make, but the point you are making is that you're willing to lie to win an argument, since you've done it repeatedly. You also are making the point that you will make an accusation without any facts, since you have no information with which to back up anything you've said.

If you are willing to lie to win an argument, is it such a stretch that you are willing to cheat for your team to win a basketball game?

JustSpurs
05-22-2007, 04:10 AM
God! You're proving that you're nothing more than a whiney little troll.

Move along NBAisDead...

ChumpDumper
I'm not a troll. As I said in another thread, I'm experimenting, trying to figure out just what kind of delusions of grandeur it takes for Spurs fans not to see the light.I am also a scientist who is finding out just how big a douche can be.

The results are quite impressive so far.

Thank you for being the perfect subject.

NBAisDead
How and why did Stern "exploit" the rule?

The how is obvious. The why is because Stern favores the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:11 AM

BECAUSE THE REST OF NBA DOESN'T PLAY BY THESE SAME RULE.
Yes, actually they do. Every single team plays by the same set of rules, and the leaving the bench rule is the simplest rule in the book because it states a specific mandatory punishment for breaking it, and outlines exactly the conditions that must be met in order for the punishment to be delivered. So why don't you think the Suns should have to play by this rule?

NBAisDead
I am also a scientist who is finding out just how big a douche can be.

The results are quite impressive so far.

Thank you for being the perfect subject.

I am taken aback with your rapier wit and repartees

SpurCapita
I'm not a troll. As I said in another thread, I'm experimenting, trying to figure out just what kind of delusions of grandeur it takes for Spurs fans not to see the light.

Fortunately, there are no delusions for the Spurs, because they actually achieve stuff. There's plenty of granduer to be found in 3, about to be 4, championchips.

sabar
05-22-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm not a troll. As I said in another thread, I'm experimenting, trying to figure out just what kind of delusions of grandeur it takes for Spurs fans not to see the light.Ever think that you're the one under the delusion? Let's see what it takes for a sunsfan to come up with this retarded conclusion.

1. Ignore rule
2. Ignore precedent set by rule in last 11 years
3. Dismiss Amare's IQ as causation
4. Dismiss Diaw's IQ as causation
5. Dismiss the assistant coaches as causation
6. Dismiss Nash exaggerating contact as causation
7. Believe the NBA is fixed
8. Believe Stern is the director of said fixing

Meanwhile, spursfan has this

1. Rulebook

And the proof is on us?
Please. The only delusional people are the suns fans and the media who saw their ratings drop and the last bastion of run-and-gun basketball die.

polandprzem
Ratings going down

Yup Stern adores Spurs

NBAisDead
Fortunately, there are no delusions for the Spurs, because they actually achieve stuff. There's plenty of granduer to be found in 3, about to be 4, championchips.

Easy to "achieve" stuff when you got the commissioner of your league in your back pocket.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:13 AM
You won't find it there, because it wasn't a story. Stern made the rule a story by exploiting it.
But you can at least tell me where the altercation happened. Surely someone in the media reported that a player left the bench during an altercation, and that the league office had to look at it. This is the way it happens. Unless you are saying that it didn't happen that way, in which case you are lying to win an argument again, and it therefore wouldn't surprise me that you'd rather have your team cheat in order to win than lose fairly.

ChumpDumper
The how is obvious. The why is because Stern favores the Spurs.No you never explained how.

And why does Stern favor the Spurs?

NBAisDead
Ratings going down

Yup Stern adores Spurs

Come on, everyone knows the truth. Stern favors the Spurs because they have donated millions over the years to help Israel.

ChumpDumper
I am taken aback with your rapier wit and reparteesI am taken aback by the size of this enormous douche.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:14 AM
I am taken aback by the size of this enormous douche.

Brilliant!

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:14 AM
Why does Stern favor the Spurs? Because everybody roots for them? Nope. Because they are a big market? Nope. Because they are exciting to watch? Nope. Because they sell out everywhere they play? Nope. So why does he favor the SPurs? And why do you think your team shouldn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else?

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Come on, everyone knows the truth. Stern favors the Spurs because they have donated millions over the years to help Israel.:lol My, this thread has take a Goebbelish turn.

Please, do go on.

Strike
My memory is my archive.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/strike019/johnny_mnemonic_ver1.jpg

Obstructed_View
Come on, everyone knows the truth. Stern favors the Spurs because they have donated millions over the years to help Israel.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:16 AM
:lol My, this thread has take a Goebbelish turn.

Please, do go on.
I totally smell classic thread, here.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:17 AM
Before you start accusing me of being anti-sematic, I AM a Jew. I have nothing against the Spurs organization donating the money to Israel, I just don't think it should be used as a bribe.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:17 AM
So either the Suns are Nazis or Muslims. I can't wait to hear this.

SpurCapita
05-22-2007, 04:18 AM
I thought Suns Fan threw water bottles, not rocks?

Strike
Before you start accusing me of being anti-sematic, I AM a Jew. I have nothing against the Spurs organization donating the money to Israel, I just don't think it should be used as a bribe.

Damn. That totally screws up my Johnny Mnemonic pic.

Sorry about that, Johnny Mnemonicstein.

Obstructed_View
So I'd love a link to this story. This one should be easy. Why would David Stern give a shit about Israel, may I ask?

And why should your team not have to play by the same rules as everyone else?

JustSpurs

I can't wait to hear this...

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Before you start accusing me of being anti-sematic, I AM a Jew. I have nothing against the Spurs organization donating the money to Israel, I just don't think it should be used as a bribe.Of course you're a jew.

And you have a list of all the donations the Spurs have made to them.

Kori Ellis

Those kind of accusations you should be careful about. Even on a message board.

timvp

Are you a carpenter?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:20 AM
Of course you're a jew.

And you have a list of all the donations the Spurs have made to them.

Don't feign ignorance.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:21 AM
Who are the four sons of the haggadah?

And why do you think your team shouldn't have to play by the rules that the Spurs, to whom David Stern and Israel owe so much, have to play by?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:21 AM

I'm a secular Jew. I don't get into that bible-babble.

SpurCapita
05-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Are you a carpenter?

Oh nuts, if it turns out NBAisDEAD is indeed a carpenter, I'm gonna have to go back and replace "he is a dumbass" with "He is a dumbass" in my posts.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Don't feign ignorance.Don't feign knowledge.

timvp
05-22-2007, 04:23 AM

Nash, Stoudemire, Marion and Diop.

ChumpDumper
I'm a secular Jew. I don't get into that bible-babble.Don't you mean torah?

Obstructed_View
I'm a secular Jew. I don't get into that bible-babble.
You are a secular jew? Then who was the first prime minister of Israel?

JustSpurs
05-22-2007, 04:24 AM
I'm spitting coffee outta mah nose!

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:24 AM
You are a secular jew? Then who was the first prime minister of Israel?

David Gurion or something.

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Nash, Stoudemire, Marion and Diop.

Do you mean Kevin Nash the wrestler, Damon the pot toking point guard and Marion from Raiders of The Lost Ark

timvp
NBAisDead
Last Activity: Today 04:24 AM
Viewing Google

Strike
David Gurion or something.

Way to know "your" history.

Way to take the focus off the subject that got you OWNED!

Ronaldo McDonald
05-22-2007, 04:26 AM
Hey, NBAisDead,

Quit being a fucking Jew hater. You don't want to meet an angry Jew. We won't stone you to death. Worse, we'll coin you to death. Because there's nothing worse than having free money thrown at you that you won't be able to spend you fucking prick.

NBAisDead
Way to know "your" history.

Way to take the focus off the subject that got you OWNED!

Hey, I'm Jewish by blood. Not a history professor, and I don't think I should know my history just because I was born Jewish. I'm an individual.

Strike
Hey, NBAisDead,

Quit being a fucking Jew hater. You don't want to meet an angry Jew. We won't stone you to death. Worse, we'll coin you to death. Because there's nothing worse than having free money throw at you that you will not be able to spend you fucking prick.

Damn that's gold. I almost choked on my beer.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Hey, NBAisDead,

Quit being a fucking Jew hater. You don't want to meet an angry Jew. We won't stone you to death. Worse, we'll coin you to death. Because there's nothing worse than having free money throw at you that you will not be able to spend you fucking prick.

I'm not a Jew hater, just a Stern hater. Is he all Jews?

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Wow you almost spelled that right. You are quick on the Google. Look this one up, achselite: Why do you think the Phoenix Suns shouldn't have to play by the same set of rules as the other NBA teams?

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Hey, I'm Jewish by blood. Not a history professor, and I don't think I should know my history just because I was born Jewish. I'm an individual.

Nice cop out.

Stick to the topic. As has been asked so many times, where's the proof to your argument?

flipcritic
05-22-2007, 04:28 AM
O please this is getting ridiculous. Let this troll have this thread. It's all he has.

SpurCapita
05-22-2007, 04:29 AM
NBAisDEAD is really going from strength to strength in this thread.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:30 AM
Why would you Google David Ben-Gurion, but you won't Google any examples of David Stern bypassing the Leaving the Bench rule?

Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask: Why do you think the Suns shouldn't have to follow the rules?

NBAisDead
Nice cop out.

Stick to the topic. As has been asked so many times, where's the proof to your argument?

My proof is the opinion of the majority of basketball fans and self-respecting sports journalists.

Strike
NBAisDEAD is really going from strength to strength in this thread.

The power of Christ compels him.

Oops....

Obstructed_View
O please this is getting ridiculous. Let this troll have this thread. It's all he has.
He has his religion, his lies and his cheating basketball team. What more could a boy want?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:31 AM
He has his religion, his lies and his cheating basketball team. What more could a boy want?

I have my relgion? What hte fuck are you talking about? I'm an atheist.

Obstructed_View
My proof is the opinion of the majority of basketball fans and self-respecting sports journalists.
So now to get your opinion: Why do you think the Suns shouldn't have to play by the rules?

Strike

Hey, asshat. Opinion is not proof.

Proof is in the FACTS. And you have none.

SpurCapita
05-22-2007, 04:32 AM

And I think that getting above a 30 on the IQ test is impossible. My proof is Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw.

ChumpDumper
My proof is the opinion of the majority of basketball fans and self-respecting sports journalists.Which journalists have written about the Jewish angle. I'm sure that's in the memory banks.

Strike

Wow, an atheist Jew.

We are in the prescence of greatness!!!

Obstructed_View
Oh, sorry. I guess even God can't help you then. Back to the topic: Why do you think that the Suns should be above the rules?

And I'd like a link to any journalist that mentioned the Spurs donating to Israel angle. You never bothered to go into detail on that, and it's fascinating.

Don't forget to answer the question about why the Suns shouldn't have to follow the rules, though. I'd hate for you to get distracted.

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:33 AM
So now to get your opinion: Why do you think the Suns shouldn't have to play by the rules?

I don't think the Suns shouldn't play by the rules. I think they shouldn't play by Stern's "Spurs rules"

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 04:33 AM
I don't think the Suns shouldn't play by the rules. I think they shouldn't play by Stern's "Spurs rules"Which rules are those?

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:34 AM
I don't think the Suns shouldn't play by the rules. I think they shouldn't play by Stern's "Spurs rules"

And what are Spurs rules?

SpurCapita
Which rules are those?

The NBA rulebook.

NBAisDead
Wow, an atheist Jew.

We are in the prescence of greatness!!!

Oh, yes, just because I am born with Jewish blood I should be genetically forced to believe in a god.

That's one of the most racist things I've ever heard or read.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:35 AM
What do the Spurs have to do with the fact that Amare and Diaw ran off the bench during an altercation? That's the rule. So you are saying that the suspensions were justified, right?

sabar
05-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Which rules are those?Aparently the official NBA 2006-2007 rules, specifically, that rule that hasn't changed in 10 years to which the Suns should be immune to.

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:36 AM
Oh, yes, just because I am born with Jewish blood I should be genetically forced to believe in a god.

That's one of the most racist things I've ever heard or read.

You're the one who brought religion into this thread, fool.

NBAisDead
Aparently the official NBA 2006-2007 rules, specifically, that rule that hasn't changed in 10 years to which the Suns should be immune to.

The rule hasn't changed but it has been bent before to preserve fairness.

Fuck, we're going around in circles here...

JustSpurs
This is quickly becoming the best thread ever...

sabar

Fuck, we're going around in circles here...Ah, you mean bent in hundreds of circumstances for which you have no references or proof to?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:37 AM
You're the one who brought religion into this thread, fool.

No, YOU SPURS FANS are the one who brought religion into this thread. I was referring to the Jewish state, not the religion.

Strike
This is quickly becoming the best thread ever...

Hey NBAisDead, can you archive this in your memory banks so we can download it later for future reference?

ChumpDumper
Aparently the official NBA 2006-2007 rules, specifically, that rule that hasn't changed in 10 years to which the Suns should be immune to.Why don't the Suns give to the Jews anyway?

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/dantoni_feature_coach_grab_118.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm.

timvp
05-22-2007, 04:38 AM
I blame blacks, jews and Manu for sending Nash to the fishing hole.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:39 AM

Fuck, we're going around in circles here...
No it hasn't. Not in that situation. Not once. Not ever. Not in all the NBA games that have been played since the rule took effect. And the rule HAS been changed, FYI.

SpurCapita
No, YOU SPURS FANS are the one who brought religion into this thread. I was referring to the Jewish state, not the religion.

Still lacking any semblance of proof:

1. Other instances of players going onto the court during an altercation and not getting suspended.

2. Spurs donating money to Israel.

3. Suns Fan intelligence.

NBAisDead
I should have known better than to delude myself with the misconception that I would find intelligent debate here...

flipcritic
I take it back. NBAisDEAD, keep it up! :lmao

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:40 AM
No it hasn't. Not in that situation. Not once. Not ever. Not in all the NBA games that have been played since the rule took effect. And the rule HAS been changed, FYI.

If you haven't seen an example, then either you have a bad memory, are lying to yourself, or haven't watched many basketball games in the last decade.

ChumpDumper
I should have known better than to delude myself with the misconception that I would find intelligent debate here...That's not why you said you were here.

More lies!

Obstructed_View
And you have yet to expound on your theory. Let's hear it. And while you're at it, you can tell me why the Amare and Diaw should be allowed to get away without a mandatory suspension for breaking the rule?

NBAisDead
05-22-2007, 04:41 AM
That's not why you said you were here.

More lies!

Experimenting through debate. Must I explain everything to you?

sabar
05-22-2007, 04:41 AM
I should have known better than to delude myself with the misconception that I would find intelligent debate here...If citing examples, referencing official rules and precedent, and refuting points which have no proof is not intelligent debate, then I'd like to see the Suns Fan spin on intelligent debate.

Is that were you just take popular opinion and pass it off as fact?

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:42 AM
I should have known better than to delude myself with the misconception that I would find intelligent debate here...

The lack of intelligence is in your 50+ posts.

We're asking you to provide proof to back up your argument. So far you have provided whines, gripes, Israel, donations, and opinions.

You have yet to do so.

Obstructed_View
You said you were a scientist here to experiment on Spurs fans. So you are lying again? Have you told the truth once? Really, the more you fail to explain how any part of this is actually unfair, the more I enjoy the fact that the Spurs beat the Suns and there really isn't any legitimate gripe to be made about the series.

NBAisDead
And you have yet to expound on your theory. Let's hear it. And while you're at it, you can tell me why the Amare and Diaw should be allowed to get away without a mandatory suspension for breaking the rule?

Read over my previous threads and you will find all your questions have been answered ten fold. You, being a Spurs fan, just refuse to accept the truth.