PDA

View Full Version : even Mark Cuban agrees

debKISS10
05-22-2007, 04:28 AM
"When guys throw an elbow to the head or a knee to the groin or have a habit of stepping under a player as he lands, its far too difficult for officials and the league to gauge intent. Its pretty much impossibIe. I think we need to take a no leeway position and make both a flagrant 2 foul. Make it a no questions asked rule. Watch how quickly teams re educate players on how to close out on shooters and how quickly player behavior changes. Not by all, but those who can't probably are repeat offenders and deserve the penalty. A guy missing the rest of a game is a whole lot better than injuring a player and impacting his career. *which is actually really true*

It won't completely eliminate the need for the NBA to pass judgment on player intent and dish out punishment, but it will reduce the number of times they have to do it" (www.blogmaverick.com)

mavsfan1000
05-22-2007, 04:46 AM
That would totally screw up the spurs if Mark Cuban gets his way. lol

aaronstampler
05-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Cuban only says he hates the Spurs because it'll sell tix to say there's a rivarly. Their organization copied a lot of our philosophies, basketball-wise. He clearly has more invested in the Suns not doing well because it look pretty bad to have Steve Nash win a title for the Suns when his point guards sucked and got dominated by Baron Davis.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 04:52 AM
I'm fine with it.

And the rules have been changed because of the Spurs for the last seven years. they'll adapt.

aaronstampler
05-22-2007, 04:54 AM
no matter how the rules change, the spurs scoring margin doesn't. As they get incimentally worse defensively, they get incrimentally better offensively. And as long as they're in the top 3 in points allowed, it doesn't really matter what the number is.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm all for it. I bet you Jason Terry and Josh Howard each miss more games than Bruce does.

The_Worlds_finest
05-22-2007, 09:33 AM
In his next blog he is going to petition the league for half of finely's ring...

LilMissSPURfect
05-22-2007, 10:44 AM
did steve nash not undercut bruce in game 6? nash flopped into the bench....bruce recovered and continued back on defense....YOU SEE WHAT YOU WANNA SEE...

if that is the case you'd have half a team playing everynight (starters with PLAYING time would be out)

greywheel
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68131

I had to go back a few pages, but here was the original discussion and my reply.

He wants a flagrant 2 against a defender every time a shooter lands on their foot. Time to teach Beno to jump feet first.
We can also teach Vaughn to run into elbows every time he see someone clearing out after a rebound.

BreezeHillBill
05-22-2007, 11:03 AM
That would totally screw up the spurs if Mark Cuban gets his way. lol

1)Typical, can't win with players, so try to win with rule changes.
2) Watch what you ask for. Stoudemire bitched about Manu and Bruce fouling him and the refs not catching it. Next game they watched closely
and Stoudemire spent most of the time on the bench.
3) How many players land in the same spot they took off from?
4) Who wants a 250 pounder landing on his foot?
Ridiculous BS.

Dallas is out. Go hide in shame and take some quiet time.

Solid D
05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
With those rules, Josh Howard's playing time would be impacted, as well.

waly.mg
05-22-2007, 12:56 PM
When you are fishing, you can say bull shits and you can think about a lot of things