PDA

View Full Version : Is Al Gore In?

Nbadan
05-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Publicly, he continues to say maybe, but his constant attacks to the Bush Administration in his new book says, Yes, Yes, Yes....

When former Vice President Al Gore hosted "Saturday Night Live" in December 2002, he appeared in a skit comparing his vice presidential selection process from two years before to the reality TV dating show "The Bachelor."

In one scene, Gore appeared in a hot tub with a faux Joe Lieberman, both of them shirtless, drinking champagne, arms locked, romance in the air.

Anyone then looking for clues to see if Gore would run for president in 2004 probably had no trouble discerning that an exploratory committee was not in the cards.

Almost five years later, Gore still says he has no plans to run for president, but his latest book, "The Assault On Reason," is so nakedly political and sharply critical it's hard to discern what his plans may be.

Source: ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3192596&page=1)

Al later calls the decision to invade Iraq 'absurd' and 'tragic'. I wish Obama and Gore would team up against Hitlary/Liebermann.

Extra Stout
05-22-2007, 08:54 AM
It's already too late for Gore to jump in.

Nbadan
05-22-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't think so. He made millions off this own movie and there are many rich demo supporters who haven't conclusively jumped on the Obama band-wagon and wouldn't support Hitlary if she ran against Jeb Bush.

Extra Stout
05-22-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't think so. He made millions off this own movie and there are many rich demo supporters who haven't conclusively jumped on the Obama band-wagon and wouldn't support Hitlary if she ran against Jeb Bush.
There are only so many talented political operatives in the Democratic Party, and virtually all of them already are working for other campaigns. Gore would have to count on their jumping ship to him. I hardly think he has the widespread support to count on that.

He would have to had to assemble an exploratory committee six months ago.

xrayzebra
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Al Gore is in. In over his head. As usual!