PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans give us a hard time about this, HOWEVER

BUMP
05-22-2007, 02:50 PM
and you can correct me if im wrong but i havent seen ONE Sun fan in this place since they were eliminated. i know you guys always talk about us disappearing like (insert whatever insult here) after a loss, but most of us were here the day after we got eliminated and the Mav fans who were on here a lot have stayed as well. as for the Suns,

where is RonMexico, BillsCarnage, NashFan, Brazilian Blur?? Amarelooms is the only one left but im not sure what team he roots for... :lol

jman3000
05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
last year when we lost to dallas i took about a week off. it had more to do with not wanting to read about news of the spurs' demise than it had to do with dealing with trolls.... which might be the same thing actually.

Extra Stout
05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
and you can correct me if im wrong but i havent seen ONE Sun fan in this place since they were eliminated. i know you guys always talk about us disappearing like (insert whatever insult here) after a loss, but most of us were here the day after we got eliminated and the Mav fans who were on here a lot have stayed as well. as for the Suns,

where is RonMexico, BillsCarnage, NashFan, Brazilian Blur?? Amarelooms is the only one left but im not sure what team he roots for... :lol
They're all out working on that class-action lawsuit against the NBA.

duncan228
05-22-2007, 02:58 PM
There were a couple in the game blog on Sunday. Nashfan I think and some idiot named christine (?). They were there just to bug us but I think you're basically right. They've disappeared. Which is a good thing!

Findog
05-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Suns fans are misguidedly bitter. The Spurs controlled the tempo and the pace for most of that series and made it hard for the Suns to run out in the open court. They won fair and square.

Jelly
05-22-2007, 03:01 PM
There were a couple in the game blog on Sunday. Nashfan I think and some idiot named christine (?). They were there just to bug us but I think you're basically right. They've disappeared. Which is a good thing!

Christina was most definitely the most arrogant and idiotic troll on this board.

duncan228
05-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Suns fans are misguidedly bitter. The Spurs controlled the tempo and the pace for most of that series and made it hard for the Suns to run out in the open court. They won fair and square.

Call it like it is!
Hey Findog! How are you?
You were never put in the Mavs troll catagory were you?

Darkwaters
05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Christina was most definitely the most arrogant and idiotic troll on this board.

Two or three days after the Suns were eliminated she went on a thread starting spree where she opened up about 5 threads back to back that just "blasted" us with non-sense. I believe most of those were locked or deleted.

samikeyp
05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Some are still lingering but for the most part, you are correct.

TampaDude
05-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Two or three days after the Suns were eliminated she went on a thread starting spree where she opened up about 5 threads back to back that just "blasted" us with non-sense. I believe most of those were locked or deleted.

Yeah, christina was funny...she'll probably be back as SunsWhore next season... :lol

Findog
05-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Call it like it is!
Hey Findog! How are you?
You were never put in the Mavs troll catagory were you?

If I am, that's out of my control. I try to refrain from the "The sports team from my area is vastly superior to the sports team from your area" trashtalk. It's easy to dish out when things are going well but hard to take when they're not.

It's hard to win: Don't post and you're a fair-weather coward, do post and no matter what the topic is, there are bottom feeders that want to ask you how the fishing is going and how dare you post on Spurstalk when your team is out of the playoffs.

duncan228
05-22-2007, 03:18 PM
If I am, that's out of my control. I try to refrain from the "The sports team from my area is vastly superior to the sports team from your area" trashtalk. It's easy to dish out when things are going well but hard to take when they're not.

The trashtalk in general gets old quick. Winning or losing.
I remember after the Mavs lost you stayed out of those threads and tried to stick with "what happened" talk.
Glad you're still around.

easjer
05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
To be fair, Billscarnage is a longtime poster who comes and goes.

I wouldn't include him in the troll list.

I sort of miss a couple of them though, who were less trolls and more fans (Xylus comes to mind).

When the Spurs lose, I'm apt to stay away for awhile. But then, I'm not a troll on another fan base's forum, so I don't think it's entirely the same.

Findog
05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
The trashtalk in general gets old quick. Winning or losing.
I remember after the Mavs lost you stayed out of those threads and tried to stick with "what happened" talk.
Glad you're still around.

Thanks. There's two sides to the Spurs' fanbase: the obnoxious frontrunners and then the people that have been watching good basketball in a one franchise town for years and know what they're talking about when it comes to X's and O's. Consider yourself part of the latter.

Bruno
05-22-2007, 03:23 PM

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-06-09/news/baby-man/

DarrinS
05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I remember being bitter about losing to the Mavs last year, blaming it on refs, etc. But eventually, you just have to accept that your team lost.

Suns fans have raised the bar on bitterness to a whole new level.

duncan228
05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks. There's two sides to the Spurs' fanbase: the obnoxious frontrunners and then the people that have been watching good basketball in a one franchise town for years and know what they're talking about when it comes to X's and O's. Consider yourself part of the latter.

Thanks. I try to do more "listening" than anything else on this board. The ones that know what they're talking about really know, so I listen and learn.
The obnoxious ones I try to ignore but I must admit I've gotten caught up in a few. Sometimes they're so obnoxious you just can't help it! :lol

Flea
05-22-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-06-09/news/baby-man/

Just when you think you have heard and seen everything. I don't even know how to respond to this.

:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Mavs fans have no place else to go.

Nashfan
05-22-2007, 04:06 PM

I'm still here, because I like to hear other fans opinions and I love basketball. I have enjoyed watching the Spurs and Jazz and Pistons and Cavaliers games even though they aren't quite as fast paced as what I am used to with the Suns. :lol

Jimcs50
05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm still here, because I like to hear other fans opinions and I love basketball. I have enjoyed watching the Spurs and Jazz and Pistons and Cavaliers games even though they aren't quite as fast paced as what I am used to with the Suns. :lol

The Indy 500 is not quite as fast paced as you are used to.

smeagol
05-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Monosylabicdude has also stuck around

He might be a Dallas fan, though :depressed

duncan228
05-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Monosylabicdude has also stuck around

He might be a Dallas fan, though :depressed

Yeah, Mavs fan.

mavsfan1000
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm still here as well. I never troll.

BUMP
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
true

GrandeDavid
05-22-2007, 05:02 PM
My boy Nashfan is still around, as evidenced above. I think UV Ray drops some funny ones around here once in awhile as well.

Man In Black
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Someone send this to Dan Patrick as well or any other media mouth that said that discretion should be used in this.

Realization:
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91274

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about the suspensions of Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw of the Phoenix Suns. Although we probably will not change your mind, we wanted to share with you the rationale for the rule and the facts requiring our decision.

The Rule

Rule 12, Section VII(c) of the NBA Official Playing Rules says: "During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $50,000."

· The purpose of the rule is to prevent an on-court altercation from getting worse by making sure that players on the bench do not become involved -- whether or not they intend to. The fewer the number of players on the court, the less likely it is that an altercation will escalate and the more likely it is that the referees and coaches will be able to restore order without serious injury to players or to fans.

· The rule doesn't look to the intent of the players leaving the bench and it does not distinguish among the curious, the peacemakers or those seeking to become involved in the altercation. The reason for this is simple -- the players on the court have no idea what a player's intent is when he leaves the bench and in the heat of the moment they may well assume the player is approaching as an aggressor. Thus, the language of the rule is firm: "violators will be suspended."

· This is not a rule that can be enforced on a case-by-case basis -- if a player were able to leave the bench and later argue his case and avoid a suspension, there would be more players leaving the bench. And because the rule has been applied consistently over the years, bench-clearing incidents have been rare. Overall, the leaving-the-bench rule, together with others, has succeeded in dramatically reducing the amount of fighting in the league and all but eliminated serious injury during fights that do occur.

· Teams and players are reminded of the rule before every regular season and again before the playoffs. Teams try to ensure that their players comply with the rule by both reminding them of it and assigning assistant coaches the job of keeping players in the vicinity of the bench when incidents do occur.

The Facts Requiring the Stoudemire and Diaw Suspensions

· As soon as Steve Nash was fouled, both Amare and Boris ran toward the scene, each ending up over 20 feet away from the Suns' bench and near the altercation. Despite what many have said, they didn't "walk" a few feet from the bench and they didn't "wander" onto the court. In fact, they engaged in the very conduct the rule was meant to stop.

· No one knew what the players' intentions were when they left the bench and they could very easily have gotten involved in the altercation had it spilled over in their direction. And although you could say they were having a "natural" reaction to seeing their teammate go down, assistant coaches are supposed to stop bench players from acting on those kinds of reactions, which was the case with the 17 other players (active and inactive) who were on the benches at the time and did not leave.

As with all NBA rules, this one can be changed by a vote of the Board of Governors. Rules are typically changed following a recommendation from the Competition Committee, which will discuss the leaving-the-bench rule (along with several other items) at its next meeting. At this time, we don’t have a better rule to recommend.

One thing everyone can agree on: this was an extremely unfortunate circumstance. We never want to suspend players for any game, much less a playoff game, but for all the reasons described above, the facts dictated the application of the rule.

exstatic
05-22-2007, 07:21 PM
http://www.fast-rewind.com/officergentleman2.jpg

Doug Collins
05-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Ron Mexico is busy setting up some dogfights in international waters.

Clutch20
05-22-2007, 07:42 PM
As a fan you go out on a limb for your team, you buy into the media pr buildups about your team and then you find out you've bought a 1 way ticket on the Titanic. Your team doesn't sink immediately but you sense an awful feeling that there's too many leaks and you start looking for the liferafts and make an escape plan.
After the team has disappeared under the waters, you swim for a deserted island and make camp for as long as it takes for you to start missing civilization again, then back you are to start the whole process over again and keeing in touch with how your team is rebuilding itself.

Feels like shit to lose.

But you come back, licking your wounds and carefully picking your words.

Shred
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM

I don't know where everyone else has been, but I've been busy making a fortune buying all these unsold tickets to the AT&T Center and selling them to Jazz fans with a hefty markup.