PDA

View Full Version : Super shuffle? McNabb, Briggs swap makes sense

Horry For 3!
05-22-2007, 03:58 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Super-shuffle-McNabb-Briggs-swap-makes-sense;_ylt=AkXUmKwgzBY2aF8Yqsh3HqRDubYF?urn=nfl,33 381

Was the recent drafting of quarterback Kevin Kolb a sign that the Philadelphia Eagles might trade Donovan McNabb before the 2007 season?

That's one theory, anyway. As for a possible destination, the Chicago Bears are ready to win the Super Bowl. They might have won it last year except for a glaring weakness at quarterback.

The key to this scenario is Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, who has said publicly that he will never play for Chicago again and who refused to report to minicamp on Friday.

Briggs is, arguably, the best weakside linebacker in the game and is only 26. He could help Philly rebuild its defense while Kolb gets ready to take control of the offense.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-22-2007, 04:37 PM
That would be a kickass trade for the Bears and an okay trade for the Eagles.

leemajors
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
it would be a horrible trade for the eagle. mcnabb probably wouldn't mind going home to chicago, but this trade would never happen.

samikeyp
05-22-2007, 05:57 PM
It would be a great trade for Dallas! :)

Philly won't do that....Lurie and Reid are not stupid.

John Patrick
05-22-2007, 09:36 PM
McNabb is an icon in Philly, they wont move him unless he really pisses them off. and I think they'd rather have Kolb learn the system and get some exp before throwing him to the lions.

plus, they already have spikes, who is older, but where would they put the other one?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Started by columnist in his weekly "Incites".

Nothing to it.

John Patrick
05-22-2007, 11:39 PM
hmm, well, i feel like an ass.

Horry For 3!
05-23-2007, 11:34 PM
It was just a Rumor, I thought it was interesting though.

stretch
05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
It would be absolutely insane for the Eagles to do that. But if the Bears got him, they would have a solid shot at beating the damn Patriots. Not that they would, but if any team in the NFL could, they would have the best shot.

Matt Millen
05-24-2007, 07:21 PM
and I think they'd rather have Kolb learn the system and get some exp before throwing him to the lions.

yeah we'd make that trade. a couple first rounders for the next two years and throw in Roy Williams and Tim Redding and we have ourselves a deal!

hey, thanks for that suggestion :) , i might sign him to a max deal, i see real promise in Kolb