PDA

View Full Version : Twin Towers Reborn Full Throttle Chode Red

Cant_Be_Faded
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
LaMarcus Bryant Aldridge and Greg Oden on the same team playing defense together whawahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

The West just got a whooole lot tougher.

White Goodman
05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Milwaukee :donkey :donkey
Boston :donkey :donkey :donkey
Seattle :toast
Portland :downspin: :hungry: :wtf

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 08:12 PM
It gets tougher in a couple of years maybe.

Kobulingam
05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Oden is going to get a healthy dose of Tim Duncan during his development. Could be a good thing for him.

resistanze
05-22-2007, 08:36 PM
TRADE RANDOLPH. Now.

baseline bum
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm happy to see a team win the Oden sweepstakes without tanking. That's freaking incredible to see Oden and Brandon Roy on the same team. I'm happy for Portland fans too, after they've had to deal with so much crap from losers like JR Rider and Darius Miles.

Ah, Boston got fucked again for tanking! :lmao
Damn, the curse of Len Bias is real.

Best of all, Phoenix doesn't get a top 5 pick in one of the greatest drafts in NBA history. So much for the Suns getting over the hump next season!

Congrats, tlong. Your team is going to be amazing.

picnroll
05-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Good time to go after Outlaw.

Extra Stout
05-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Portland Trail Blazers

2010-11 NBA Champions??

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Is that the year of the spurs master plan?

I forget.

picnroll
05-23-2007, 12:34 AM
tlongII is going to be unbearbale. Make that more unbearable.

mikekim
05-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I really like how the Blazers have pulled off such a complete transformation from where they were just a few years ago...

Such a great group of young guys they have there. Getting rid of Darius Miles is a must. Man...I'm really rooting for this team.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2007, 03:12 AM
I really like how the Blazers have pulled off such a complete transformation from where they were just a few years ago...

Such a great group of young guys they have there. Getting rid of Darius Miles is a must. Man...I'm really rooting for this team.

yeh miles contract has togo

and they might even sign lewis for MLE...thats if he accepts that low offer...

imo trade pryz, and resign magz

tlongII
05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Good time to go after Outlaw.

I think there are a few players on the Blazers that could be had. Outlaw, Martell Webster, and Jarrett Jack to name a few. All 3 of these guys could become top-notch players in the right situation.

SpursIndonesia
05-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Keep Jarret Jack, this is your team glue guy IMHO.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2007, 11:29 AM
no fuckn team deserves b2b lottery no.1 picks, fuck this

tlongII
05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
no fuckn team deserves b2b lottery no.1 picks, fuck this

Brandon Roy was the #6 pick last year.

picnroll
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Portland should pick up a couple of minmum salary hardnosed, role model vets to bring along the kiddies and set the tone. And dump Miles and Randolph.

AK47
05-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Milwaukee :donkey :donkey
Boston :donkey :donkey :donkey
Seattle :toast
Portland :downspin: :hungry: :wtf
don't forget Memphis

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Portland should pick up a couple of minmum salary hardnosed, role model vets to bring along the kiddies and set the tone. And dump Miles and Randolph.

I thought Portland was pretty close at the end of 06-07. Those guys played their guts out every night down the stretch, even when it would have been better for them to be dropping games. They got themselves some good mojo by actually trying to improve on the floor.

McMillian is the right kind of coach to restore that franchise to its former place as a class group of hard-working guys who are playoff contenders every year. They play the way Nate played -- hard-nosed and tenaciously.

I agree that if they can find some tough-minded vets who are willing to come in and be teachers and role models and rid themselves of the bad attitude crew (though Randolph was better in many ways last season), I think the Blazers can immediately make the leap back into the playoffs in 2007-08.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 08:33 PM
LaMarcus Bryant Aldridge and Greg Oden on the same team playing defense together whawahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

The West just got a whooole lot tougher.

aldridge isn't that good right now, and while i think Oden will be good, this thread is a bit premature.

John Patrick
05-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Duncan is a PF and David a C. I saw how they could mesh.Both of these dudes are centers. I wanna see how its gonna turn out.

MrChug
05-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I think the next great "Twin Towers" (5 years down the road "great") would have been Bogut and Oden for some reason...and the reason might be cuz I'm an idiot...

Cant_Be_Faded
05-23-2007, 11:43 PM
aldridge isn't that good right now, and while i think Oden will be good, this thread is a bit premature.

??? He's a good weakside defender and team defender its 1on1 defense he sucks at, but his defensive talents and oden's raw defensive talents are like the perfect analogue to a young duncan and robinson together.

not sayin they'll dominate right away but if they play together for like 2 or 3 years watchout.

timvp
05-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Portland will be boss hosses.

Durant in Seattle sucks. Ray Allen and a lame duck franchise combine to make that a bad situation.

I wanted Durant to go to a team where he could shine. At least it wasn't Boston I guess.

E20
05-24-2007, 12:27 AM
So is the 'CH' in 'Chode' pronounced like 'CH' in Choo-choo or like a 'K' in 'Chamaleon?

whottt
05-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Duncan is a PF and David a C. I saw how they could mesh.Both of these dudes are centers. I wanna see how its gonna turn out.

Actually there was a lot of thought originally to making Drob the PF and Duncan the C(or at least specualtion by the fans and media)...Drob's best season he played PF(as in point forward) on offense pretty much. And when Duncan was coming out of college the guy he was projected often as being similar too was Hakeem(and it was a good projection, because he is very similar to Hakeem right down to body type, and especially on offense)

Part of the reason Drob was the C and Duncan the PF in our tower combo was Drob was one definitely of the best defensive C in history(like top 2 or 3 IMO). And it's probable that Duncan would be considered one(of the best ever) as well if he'd played C his whole career. He's definitely the best defensive PF of all time(this is inarguable IMO)...but that's because he's a a great(IMO HOF Caliber) defensive C.

Edit Point: Oden is going to be the C in this combo..guranteed. Because of his D.

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2007, 12:35 AM
??? He's a good weakside defender and team defender its 1on1 defense he sucks at, but his defensive talents and oden's raw defensive talents are like the perfect analogue to a young duncan and robinson together.

not sayin they'll dominate right away but if they play together for like 2 or 3 years watchout.

i think he'll turn out to be decent (poor man's camby), but he wasn't any good last year.

i'd say in 3 years portland might be shooting for the 6-8 playoff spot in the west.

NBA Junkie
05-24-2007, 02:55 AM
I don't think it's a slam dunk that the Blazers take Oden.

Durant may be more of a possibility since their primary small forward is Ime Udoka and the back-up is Martell Webster. Forget about Darius Miles, he won't see the floor for the Blazers again even if he recovers from knee surgery.

It all hinges on whether they plan on keeping Zach Randolph and Joel Przybilla around.

Maybe the Blazers might be weary of Oden after taking Sam Bowie over Jordan in '84. I'm not comparing Oden to Bowie, I'm just saying that Durant has the ability to become a big time scorer in this league.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 07:45 PM
So is the 'CH' in 'Chode' pronounced like 'CH' in Choo-choo or like a 'K' in 'Chamaleon?

The former, I just threw that in there as a play on Mountain Dew Code Red

But you can make your own chodes

by pronouncing it as you wish

each chode is unique, and is a chode of itself.