PDA

View Full Version : I may be an idiot but.....

spursaretheone
05-22-2007, 08:40 PM
What is the difference between a personal foul and a team foul?

E20
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is right, but when a player commits a foul that leads to FT's that counts as a team foul and whichever team to get 5 team fouls after every foul from there on results in FT's for the other team.

darkzero1
05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Personal fouls are defensive or offensive fouls, and count against the player's foul limit of 6. Only defensive fouls are counted as team fouls, 5 team fouls in a quarter - or 2 in the last two minutes of a quarter - resulting in free throws for the opposing team for every team foul from then on in that quarter.

gaKNOW!blee
05-22-2007, 08:46 PM
a personal foul is how many fouls you have individually. they can be defensive, offensive or technical

a team foul is how many your team has collected in that quater, other than offensive and technical fouls( I may be wrong, offensive and technical fouls MAY count as against the team)

exstatic
05-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Total the personal fouls for all team members in a quarter, minus offensive fouls, and that's "team" fouls. How many determines when all fouls are FTs.

exstatic
05-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Please don't ask about team rebounds. :lol

darkzero1
05-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Technical fouls are a seperate entity from "personal" and "team fouls", a player being ejected after his second violation. Upon most technical fouls, the opposing team will get one free throw attempt and maintain possession of the ball.

A flagrant foul counts as a personal foul (and if defensive, a team foul) and results in the opposing team shooting two free throws and maintaining possession of the ball.

gaKNOW!blee
05-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Technical fouls are a seperate entity from "personal" and "team fouls", a player being ejected after his second violation. A flagrant foul counts as a personal foul and results in the opposing team shooting two free throws and maintaining possession of the ball.

oh yeah forogt about flagrant fouls.

CubanMustGo
05-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Team rebound = off a missed FT (1st of 2) or when the ball goes out of bounds after a shot without being recovered

darkzero1
05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Personal fouls are defensive or offensive fouls, and count against the player's foul limit of 6. Only defensive fouls are counted as team fouls, 5 team fouls in a quarter - or 2 in the last two minutes of a quarter - resulting in free throws for the opposing team for every team foul from then on in that quarter.

I may be wrong about 2 fouls in the last 2 minutes of a quarter resulting in free throws. I think it is actually 2 fouls in the last 2 minutes of the game.

fyatuk
05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
What is the difference between a personal foul and a team foul?

Team fouls count towards the bonus, personal fouls don't always. ie an offensive foul is a personal foul but not a team foul.

fyatuk
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I may be wrong about 2 fouls in the last 2 minutes of a quarter resulting in free throws. I think it is actually 2 fouls in the last 2 minutes of the game.

you were right the first time, it's every quarter.

Agloco
05-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Please don't ask about team rebounds. :lol

Those come on missed free throws eh?

conqueso
05-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Those come on missed free throws eh?

My understanding of team rebounds is that for every missed shot, there must be a corresponding rebound in the box score. If a missed shot goes out of bounds, no individual gets a rebound, so the team gets the rebound.

jmard5
05-22-2007, 11:43 PM
a personal foul is how many fouls you have individually. they can be defensive, offensive or technical

Technical fouls are not added into your personal fouls. If you have 5 personal fouls and you get a technical foul, you still have 5 personal fouls. No ejection.

Now, if you get either a personal foul or another technical... then obviously you are out of the game. :lol