PDA

View Full Version : Be prepared to be DOMINATED!

tlongII
05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
I just hope you guys stay at the elite level for a couple of years so we can rip the trophy from your hands!

GO BLAZERS!!!

Chr!s Childs
05-22-2007, 09:07 PM
LOL at everybody ignoring your dumbass.

ShoogarBear
05-22-2007, 09:08 PM
This is all part of the CIA Kevin plan, tlong. Thanks for farming the new Spurs dynasty.

baseline bum
05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Congrats. Portland is going to be an amazing team to watch, and your fans deserve it. There's no other team I'd have rather seen get that pick, as I'm a huge Roy fan from his Pac-10 days.

DDS4
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Congrats on the Oden sweepstakes.

Too bad management and the rest of the players are inept.

Shaolin-Style
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Odens coming to SA as soon as his time with Portlands up. Remember this post in a few years!

nkdlunch
05-22-2007, 09:13 PM

bingo. you are not gonna be awarded an automatic ring. A LOT of things have to go right for you to even be a contender.

FOr example: Be in the East for Cavs.

congrats on taking step 1 out of 100 steps to get to a ring.

slayermin
05-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I say trade the number one pick and Zack to Seattle for the number 2 and Ray Allen.

cornbread
05-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Congrats. I can't wait to watch those guys develop into twin towers. You could really build a defensive powerhouse around them.

tlongII
05-22-2007, 09:19 PM

WRONG! We've got Kevin Pritchard running the basketball operations and he's doing a great job. We've also got Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jarrett Jack, and Sergio Rodriquez. We are going to be TERRIFIC!

01Snake
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Durant is gonna make Portland regret taking Oden.

DDS4
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
WRONG! We've got Kevin Pritchard running the basketball operations and he's doing a great job. We've also got Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jarrett Jack, and Sergio Rodriquez. We are going to be TERRIFIC!

Keep Roy, Jack, and Oden. Dump the rest. Then you have hope.

Tigole Bitties
05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Two words:

Sam Bowie

baseline bum
05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
I say trade the number one pick and Zack to Seattle for the number 2 and Ray Allen.

I would never trade Oden. Since the mid 70s, the only comparable centers to come out have been Olajuwon, Robinson, O'Neal, and Duncan. Oden is almost as can't miss as LeBron was. I wouldn't trade him for #2+Kobe, much less #2+Allen.

tlongII
05-22-2007, 09:26 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/images/blazers/332/roy_draft_ap2007.jpg

Brandon Roy is luckiest dude on the face of the earth!

milkyway21
05-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I just hope you guys stay at the elite level for a couple of years so we can rip the trophy from your hands!

GO BLAZERS!!!Congratulations!
Duncan vs Oden? or Durant?

that would be a long series to watch. I can't wait.

L.I.T
05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Right now Roy is their only real go-to back-court player, and their frontline (outside of the mercurial Randolph) isn't exactly an offensive dynamo.

Flip Randolph into a second-tier veteran perimeter wing player w/leadership skills who can complement the jack/rodriquez/roy triumvirate and they'll be onto something.

I just wonder how Aldridge and Oden will mesh. But damned if that wouldn't be a defensively intimidating front court.

slayermin
05-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I would never trade Oden. Since the mid 70s, the only comparable centers to come out have been Olajuwon, Robinson, O'Neal, and Duncan. Oden is almost as can't miss as LeBron was. I wouldn't trade him for #2+Kobe, much less #2+Allen.

I guess I wasn't being sarcastic enough. Oden is the real deal. You don't have to convince me.

slacker77
05-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Odens coming to SA as soon as his time with Portlands up. Remember this post in a few years!
maybe the same with dwight howard?

George Gervin's Afro
05-22-2007, 09:37 PM

I agree with you so stop being a prick

itzsoweezee
05-22-2007, 09:38 PM

that's a retarded thing to say. portland, by far, has the best the best young talent in the league and one of the best coaches in the league. they've got a bright future ahead of them.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
zach randolph and greg oden?

i have to admit, im jealous-- has to be good for at least 3 championships

tlongII
05-22-2007, 09:42 PM
zach randolph and greg oden?

i have to admit, im jealous-- has to be good for at least 3 championships

I think we'll trade Zach and move LaMarcus to PF. Aldridge/Oden will be similar to Duncan/Robinson only they will play together for a longer number of years.

jaespur21
05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Just Breaking IMPORTANT NEWS: The Blazers will be trading the #1 pick. it will be traded to the Celtics in Exchange for............................................... .............................
.................................................. ...................Blazers will receive a Ounce of Weed in exchange of the First pick of the 07 Draft

slayermin
05-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I think we'll trade Zach and move LaMarcus to PF. Aldridge/Oden will be similar to Duncan/Robinson only they will play together for a longer number of years.

That's a great plan. I have never been impressed with Randolph. I do like Aldridge though.

slayermin
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Just Breaking IMPORTANT NEWS: The Blazers will be trading the #1 pick. it will be traded to the Celtics in Exchange for............................................... .............................
.................................................. ...................Blazers will receive a Ounce of Weed in exchange of the First pick of the 07 Draft

Yeah, like they really have good weed in Boston.

baseline bum
05-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I guess I wasn't being sarcastic enough. Oden is the real deal. You don't have to convince me.

:lol ... my bad

Aldridge ain't Robinson, but then again, Roy ain't AJ either... and Oden is probably going to be right there with Duncan on the list of the greatest players to ever lace them up.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah, like they really have good weed in Boston.

I never understood why people cared so much about the trailblazers smoking pot.... i mean, who hasn't really? And the marijuana in oregon was amazing back in the day... im sure its just as good now

L.I.T
05-22-2007, 09:59 PM
:lol ... my bad

Aldridge ain't Robinson, but then again, Roy ain't AJ either... and Oden is probably going to be right there with Duncan on the list of the greatest players to ever lace them up.

Whoa...hey now, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Oden is supremely talented, but he's not a NBA-dominant two way player yet...emphasis on the yet. He'll definitely dominate defensively...but offensively he has some ways to go. He has the physical tools to get there, though.

slayermin
05-22-2007, 10:07 PM
I never understood why people cared so much about the trailblazers smoking pot.... i mean, who hasn't really? And the marijuana in oregon was amazing back in the day... im sure its just as good now

Your post reminded me of that movie "Blow" and the story of Boston George.

RobinsontoDuncan
05-22-2007, 11:04 PM
good movie

DarrinS
Are the Blazers still in the NBA?

dknights411

GO BLAZERS!!!

It'll take a couple of years but if Portland doesn't screw up, you guys are gonna be solid.

Darkwaters
05-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Keep Roy, Jack, and Oden. Dump the rest. Then you have hope.

Aldridge looked like a pimp near the end of the season before he got hurt.

timvp
05-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I would like to congratulate tlongII on the Blazers' forthcoming championships. It'll probably take somewhere between three and five years, but Portland just became a powerhouse.

I posted earlier in the year that if they won the lottery and got a shot at Greg Oden, they'd be the most likely of the lottery teams to become a dynasty ... and they did it. They have all the ingredients to become a powerhouse team -- rich owner, one of the best coaches in the league, a superstar quality wing, willing defenders and talented big men.

Other teams better get championships before that team starts to put it together.

AnkleBreaker21
05-23-2007, 02:23 PM
man you cant compare oden to duncan until we see what he has in his first year,there's been plenty of bust's

gtownspur
05-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Oden can either be Emeka Okafur

or another Duncan.

AnkleBreaker21
05-23-2007, 02:26 PM
:lol:lol:lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2007, 02:27 PM

or another Duncan.

yeh that....unless they get rid of zbo, and make oden the first option on offense

ducks
05-23-2007, 02:27 PM
oden can be a brown
I doubt it
but I think it will take him 2 years
heck he has not even played with a differnet point guard ever in his life

mardigan
05-23-2007, 02:28 PM
man you cant compare oden to duncan until we see what he has in his first year,there's been plenty of bust's
I think Odens going to be similiar to Alonzo Mourning, except he is a little bigger and more athletic. No way he will be a bust, no way

SAGambler
05-23-2007, 02:29 PM

or another Duncan.

Exactly... Why give these guys all the props when they haven't competed one minute on the court yet....

How many "gonna be greats" have we seen bust out in every sport around.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 02:32 PM

That's exactly my thought. Leave it to Portland to somehow screw this up. :lol

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 02:35 PM

GO BLAZERS!!!

The only thing you got right with this take is that the Spurs will win a couple more championships.

And don't assume you guys will win a championship. Look at Minnesota with Garnett...Utah with Stockton and Malone. Championships require more than merely a marquee player. Gotta have the ownership, management, players, system, commitment, luck, resiliency, work ethic, and the list goes on and on.

With Greg Oden you are guaranteed playoff contention but nothing more with AT LEAST all of the above variables.

ducks
05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
what if oden refuses to go west?
I mean manning said screw the chargers I will not go there

judaspriestess
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm looking forward to it, since we are looking to move to Portland in a couple of years. Spurs wil always be FIRST. Isn't Portland a "small" market team?

picnroll
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
They're boring and Oden is dirty.

Just getting a jump on things.

ducks
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
who would want to go to portland?
boring city

tlongII
05-23-2007, 02:44 PM
The only thing you got right with this take is that the Spurs will win a couple more championships.

And don't assume you guys will win a championship. Look at Minnesota with Garnett...Utah with Stockton and Malone. Championships require more than merely a marquee player. Gotta have the ownership, management, players, system, commitment, luck, resiliency, work ethic, and the list goes on and on.

With Greg Oden you are guaranteed playoff contention but nothing more with AT LEAST all of the above variables.

Oden is better than Garnett and Oden/Roy is better than Stockton/Malone. We have a ultra-rich owner in Paul Allen, excellent management in Kevin Pritchard, a great coach in Nate MacMillan, and hard-working "good guy" players in Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Jarrett Jack. The only thing we will need to be a championship contender is "good health."

AnkleBreaker21
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
well tyson chandler turned out bad ass:lol:lol:lol

tlongII
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
They're boring and Oden is dirty.

Just getting a jump on things.

:lmao Touche'

ducks
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Oden is better than Garnett and Oden/Roy is better than Stockton/Malone. We have a ultra-rich owner in Paul Allen, excellent management in Kevin Pritchard, a great coach in Nate MacMillan, and hard-working "good guy" players in Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Jarrett Jack. The only thing we will need to be a championship contender is "good health."
oden may be better then kg
right now he is NOT

AnkleBreaker21
05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
stockton and malone, now i know your high :lol

tlongII
05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
oden may be better then kg
right now he is NOT

Yes he is.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2007, 02:50 PM

GO BLAZERS!!!

Well by the time Oden and you guys are ready to seriously contend Timmy will probably be all done so the Spurs will not be anybody you need to talk smack too.

Mixability
05-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't miss the days when the draft lottery was the peak of our season.

Budkin
05-23-2007, 02:54 PM

GO BLAZERS!!!

Do you live in Portland tlong? People must be going crazy there today... good times for Blazers fans!

ducks
Yes he is.
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

when I saw him play against the bagers during the regular season
he sucked(if you played him phyiscal )
I posted it here at the time
he has never played without the same point guard ever
lets see how fast he can adabt to play at a higher level then ncaa before calling him better then kg right now

duncan228
This board has done strange things to me.

There I am last night doing a million things before tip off, with the lottery on in the backround. They get to the last 3 and what goes through my mind? "tlong is going to be thrilled if the Blazers get this pick."

I don't know tlong! I spend way too much time here!

Anyway, congrats tlong. It's a big pick.

AnkleBreaker21
05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
well i woulnd't count my chickens yet, could have another Michael Olowokandi on your hand's

dbreiden83080
05-23-2007, 03:02 PM

You have not made the playoffs the last number of years now all of the sudden you guys are title contenders. Lets say Oden is dominant right away, so was Shaq and Hakeem and Ewing and Robinson and Malone and Barkely, none of those guys won titles right away and some never did.

ducks
05-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I hope he is the real deal
portland deserves it the fans deserve it with the crap they had in the past

ducks
05-23-2007, 03:04 PM
portland is going to be like the jazz
they might win in the first round
gain some experience and be tougher the followering year
it takes time to gel
some good bounces to win a title

cheguevara
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Oden already looks 85 years old

picnroll
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
I'd rather the Spurs be bitch slapping LA, their entitled fans and Jack, but if not the Spurs let it be Portland, just as long as LA keeps getting bitch slapped for years to come.

AnkleBreaker21
05-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Oden already looks 85 years old
:lol :lol his face looks fuckin krazy

MadDog73
05-23-2007, 03:17 PM
This board has done strange things to me.

There I am last night doing a million things before tip off, with the lottery on in the backround. They get to the last 3 and what goes through my mind? "tlong is going to be thrilled if the Blazers get this pick."

I don't know tlong! I spend way too much time here!

Anyway, congrats tlong. It's a big pick.

LOL, same with me.

And I don't even like tlong!

Budkin
05-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I have a couple friends that live in Portland and they tell me that the Blazer fans are awesome. Very loyal and love their team... the only pro-sport in town - similar to San Antonio. It's nice to see them luck out and get this pick.

judaspriestess
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
who would want to go to portland?
boring city

Portland is not boring. Its a very progressive city. Very green

Rummpd
05-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Blazers will get better but cannot think of a worse place to send a nice young man like either of the top two out there.

Rick Von Braun
05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Congratulations to tlongII... you have an increadible team on paper:

PG: Jarret Jack - Sergio Rodriguez - Fred Jones
SG: Brandon Roy - Ime Udoka - Stephen Graham
SF: Martell Webster - Travis Outlaw -
PF: Lamarcus Aldrige - Zach Randolph - Raef Lafrentz
C: Greg Oden - Joel Pryzbilla - Jamaal Magloire

This is an impressive team on paper!

And no, there was no error in the lineup... IMHO, Zach Randolph is very overrated. His contracts is too big, he is a bad defender, and he may produce chemistry/discipline problems with the young core of players. If I were in the Blazers FO, I would try to get something for him, perhaps offer a trade to Chicago for Luol Deng + filler to see if they agree, or something of this sort.

Gee, this team really looks impressive! If you could get a long 3 alas Prince or Deng, the Blazers could have enough talent to be the best offensive and defensive team in the league.

Portland has all the pieces... they need to get rid of Zach, preach D, build a no egos mentality team, gain experience, and have some luck. Depending on how the young guys evolve, they could be in the playoffs in 1-2 seasons, and be a contender in 4-5 years once they get more experience.

tlongII
05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Congratulations to tlongII... you have an increadible team on paper:

PG: Jarret Jack - Sergio Rodriguez - Fred Jones
SG: Brandon Roy - Ime Udoka - Stephen Graham
SF: Martell Webster - Travis Outlaw -
PF: Lamarcus Aldrige - Zach Randolph - Raef Lafrentz
C: Greg Oden - Joel Pryzbilla - Jamaal Magloire

This is an impressive team on paper!

And no, there was no error in the lineup... IMHO, Zach Randolph is very overrated. His contracts is too big, he is a bad defender, and he may produce chemistry/discipline problems with the young core of players. If I were in the Blazers FO, I would try to get something for him, perhaps offer a trade to Chicago for Luol Deng + filler to see if they agree, or something of this sort.

Gee, this team really looks impressive! If you could get a long 3 alas Prince or Deng, the Blazers could have enough talent to be the best offensive and defensive team in the league.

Portland has all the pieces... they need to get rid of Zach, preach D, build a no egos mentality team, gain experience, and have some luck. Depending on how the young guys evolve, they could be in the playoffs in 1-2 seasons, and be a contender in 4-5 years once they get more experience.

We'll be in the playoffs next year. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Why don't you have Darius Miles listed? :lol

tlongII
05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
LOL, same with me.

And I don't even like tlong!

Most people don't.

Rick Von Braun
05-23-2007, 06:47 PM
We'll be in the playoffs next year. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Why don't you have Darius Miles listed? :lol

Shit, I forgot... perhaps because the Randolph - Miles combo is "too explosive" for my taste. Still, you have a lot of talent on paper.

ShoogarBear
05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Henry Abbott, who's a Jailblazer fan, is making a case for Durant:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-24-107/Do-Not-Assume-Portland-Will-Take-Greg-Oden.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From David Thorpe's ESPN chat this morning (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=15914):
Willie (Portland, OR): David, I think Pritchard will surprise everyone and take Durant? Is this a bad move?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif David Thorpe: Chad Ford says it is Oden all the way. Personally, I go KD and sleep very easily.

Paul (Portland, OR): David, love your insight. So I assume when you say that you'd pick Durant and sleep easy, it's because you have no doubt about his potential. Whereas Oden, even with his beast-ness, is more of a wait-and-see?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif David Thorpe: Kind of. With Portland's roster, KD is the more natural fit. Oden will be great-but the greatest? I doubt it.

I'm going to be writing about this for the next six weeks. Watching video, obsessing, wondering. But in the meantime, alarm bells are going off every time I hear someone say they know Portland will draft Greg Oden. There are a lot of angles here -- too many to discuss right now -- but some of the major points:

Greg Oden, bless him, is a well-balanced individual. Kevin Durant is not. Multiple sources, who are in position to know, assure me that morning noon and night all Durant wants to do is dominate on the basketball court. I think it's entirely possible that distinction, multiplied over five years, makes Durant the more important player. (And don't give me all that stuff about big men ... Durant can be a big man too. He outrebounded Oden handily in college, and can defend a lot of bigs.) So, I hope my kids grow up to be happy like Greg Oden. But I hope my Trail Blazers hitch their wagon to Kevin Durant.
As Thorpe suggested to me on the phone, LaMarcus Aldridge is an "A" player who deserves a big chunk of the paint and the ball. Playing next to Greg Oden, who is at his best beasting around the lane like Shaquille O'Neal, would turn Aldridge into either a backup center, or a face-up power forward, and I think the Blazers expect more than that of him. And, in the new faster-paced NBA, LaMarcus Aldridge and Joel Pryzbilla is hardly a terrible center combination, especially alongside 6-10, long-armed Kevin Durant who can guard most power forwards. In that scenario, Portland just needs to find some veteran glue guys to play defense on the perimeter and hit open shots. (Jason Kapono, Matt Carroll, etc.)
If you have listened to Kevin Pritchard over the last couple of years, he has made clear that he values "heartbeat" almost above all else. From what I have heard, Durant wins that column easily -- not because Oden has little heartbeat (he almost won a freaking NCAA title as a freshman) but because Durant has so much. Pritchard has also spent the last several hours telling everyone who'll listen that it's up in the air who he'll draft.
The biggest worry of all, which is largely unknowable, is who's going to get injured? No real way to know, except Oden has a history of that and Durant does not.
The closer people are to Kevin Pritchard, the more they seem to believe Durant is a possibility. The Oregonian's Jason Quick wrote: (http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2007/05/pritchard_i_wont_trade_the_pic_1.html) "Personally, I have always felt Pritchard is a Durant guy. He's never said it directly, but in passing conversations throughout the year, I got that drift." Quick is echoing what two other Portland-based sources have told me, too.
Now look, I'm no dummy. I know that it's GREG ODEN ... the star of what has long been called THE GREG ODEN DRAFT. The guy teams have been scheming for for two years. Oden may well be the guy. And if that's the pick? I'll cheer, and start cooking up BS reasons why ESPN has to send me for long weekends to Portland next season, because I trust Kevin Pritchard.

But let's not just turn off our brains because Greg Oden's a center. This is a marvelous, and tough, decision Portland has to make.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 07:12 PM
umm, this is great for portland and all, but it doesn't really mean anything yet. portland might not even make the playoffs in the next 5 years. they have a bunch of young guys who don't know how to win anything...

gtownspur
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM
UT Whorn fan: "Kevin Durant is the next MVP, rofl rofl, i saidddddddddddd...."

timvp
05-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Durant is damn good but you have to go with Oden.

umm, this is great for portland and all, but it doesn't really mean anything yet. portland might not even make the playoffs in the next 5 years. they have a bunch of young guys who don't know how to win anything...

The chances the Blazers win the championship in the next five years is a lot greater than the Blazers not making the playoffs for the next five years.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 07:39 PM

Dude, don't sell me on Greg Oden. I know how good he is. I have friends and relatives who went to OSU. I shook his hand and watched him two rows behind the OSU bench with my step father at the OSU-Memphis Regional Final this year. I know he's got the skills. And I think that any team that makes the playoffs with solidly is a championship contender. But doing it is another thing. Hopefully he and his supporting cast stay healthy, and the other factors I mention do occur.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 08:11 PM
The chances the Blazers win the championship in the next five years is a lot greater than the Blazers not making the playoffs for the next five years.

no. thats insane talk. granted i said might, so portland may make the playoffs. but, there is about a zero % chance portland wins the title in 5 years. outside of Roy their players aren't all that impressive (aldridge is a joke right now). i would be shocked if they made the playoffs within 3 years and mildly surprised within 5.

milkyway21
05-23-2007, 08:22 PM
why is it some were saying that in order for Oden to be effective he must play alongside Conroy?

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 08:28 PM
why is it some were saying that in order for Oden to be effective he must play alongside Conroy?

i don't know anybody who said that. but, i did hear he wants to play with Conley (only cause they were teammates).

timvp
05-23-2007, 08:38 PM
no. thats insane talk. granted i said might, so portland may make the playoffs. but, there is about a zero % chance portland wins the title in 5 years. outside of Roy their players aren't all that impressive (aldridge is a joke right now). i would be shocked if they made the playoffs within 3 years and mildly surprised within 5.

I'll try to remember to bump this thread 11 months from now.

T Park
05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
The Blazers will make the first round next year, and scare whoever has the first seed.

picnroll
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Jesus don't let them have another lottery pick.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I'll try to remember to bump this thread 11 months from now.

lmao...be my guest. golden state, lakers, and clippers will fight for those last two spots. i don't think this young talent will materialize as quickly as most here think. hell, the Spurs will definitely still be better the next 3-4 years...so the zero chance at a title is looking good the next 5 years. granted they may make the playoffs in 3 years...but we shall see.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
i almost forgot, don't forget about memphis. they tanked it this year, and should be another team which finished ahead of portland.

not to mention seattle, lol. some of you really are funny...

texasqb2
05-23-2007, 09:15 PM

That's silly.....Kobe, Roy, Durant, Randolph, whoever else...I would do that easy....they still may take Durant #1

SequSpur
05-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Oden is a loser.

baseline bum
05-23-2007, 09:44 PM

I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't make the playoffs next season. Oden alone is enough to get them 10 more wins next season, not even factoring in what they'll get for Randolph.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I'd be absolutely shocked if they don't make the playoffs next season. Oden alone is enough to get them 10 more wins next season, not even factoring in what they'll get for Randolph.

prepare to be shocked, cause they aren't going to.

Louie Vega
05-23-2007, 09:54 PM

GO BLAZERS!!!

Now I know what keeps fans of non-contenders going! Wishful thinking!

~Blazer fans watching the Spurs in the Finals : "sigh, That will be us one day"!

Capt Bringdown
05-23-2007, 10:06 PM
This run ain't gonna last forever, and if we could win even one more ring I would be ecstatic.
Best case scenario, we win a couple of more rings and then a new champion emerges from the northwest, well, I could live with that.

If Durant and Oden develop into championship caliber leaders, that would be pretty cool from a small market perspective. That'd be one hell of a rivalry, although having lived in Seattle for 12 years, my impression was that it's not really a basketball town. Too many millionaires who can't be bothered I reckon...more per capitita than anywhere else in the US.

MisterWhodat
05-23-2007, 10:26 PM
You guys are going to be tough if ya'll do the right thing, and get that franchise turned around for the better.

Louie Vega
05-23-2007, 10:34 PM

GO BLAZERS!!!

We'll see in a year or two when you are trying to find the money to pay all those over inflated ego's! Can somebody say Luxury Tax?

tlongII
05-23-2007, 10:45 PM

Apparently your lack of basketball knowledge rivals your lack of knowledge about beautiful women.

gtownspur
05-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Lets have a vbookie.

Either Oden will get caught with weed possesion, slap his bitch and get thrown in jail, or win an NBA championship.

The winner(s) of the v bookie along with their virtual cash will recieve a one nigths stay in scenic Victoria Texas at the Choadebload Inn next to the Rofl House and Bukkake King.

LakerLanny
05-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Congrats Tlong.

God knows your fans have been patient and deserve it.

By the way, any chance of Zach Randolph to the formerly Mighty Lakers for Kwame Brown, Luke Walton and a multiple selections allowed pick 'em of Sasha Vujacic, Brian Cook, Vlad Radmo?

LakerLanny
05-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Lets have a vbookie.

Either Oden will get caught with weed possesion, slap his bitch and get thrown in jail, or win an NBA championship.

The winner(s) of the v bookie along with their virtual cash will recieve a one nigths stay in scenic Victoria Texas at the Choadebload Inn next to the Rofl House and Bukkake King.

No chance of the weed. Oden looks pretty focused to me, he seems like a good guy.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Has Oden ever played 82 games in a season b4? Didn't think so.

He, like every another promising talent, is one injury away from being called a bust. And the same people hyping him up will be the same people (eg media ) to call him out if he doesnt stack up

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Apparently your lack of basketball knowledge rivals your lack of knowledge about beautiful women.

1. Marisa Miller just won the Best Damn Beauty poll

2. Lindsay just topped Maxim's 100 list

...what were you saying?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-23-2007, 11:39 PM
oh, and for the record, i hope he is a monster. It would be nice to see the NW get better :smokin

Nene vs Oden , Melo vs Durant .......

tlongII
05-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Congrats Tlong.

God knows your fans have been patient and deserve it.

By the way, any chance of Zach Randolph to the formerly Mighty Lakers for Kwame Brown, Luke Walton and a multiple selections allowed pick 'em of Sasha Vujacic, Brian Cook, Vlad Radmo?

Sounds good to me. Luke is a nice role player.

tlongII
05-23-2007, 11:41 PM
1. Marisa Miller just won the Best Damn Beauty poll

2. Lindsay just topped Maxim's 100 list

...what were you saying?

And you've never met either one of them.

johngateswhiteley
05-23-2007, 11:46 PM
And you've never met either one of them.

and that's relevant b/c?

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 01:01 AM

GO BLAZERS!!!

You've got every right to be excited. Congratulations on hitting the Mother Lode!

The best part about it is that now that puts firm pressure on other Western conference rivals that haven't had recent championship success (Suns, Fakers, Mavs, Jazz)

It'll be interesting to see what your boys do with Zach Randolph. Should have a few takers around the league.

mathbzh
05-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Good for the Blazers. But Oden doesn't necessary mean multiple rings.
He should become the next dominant center but didn't prove anything yet.
How many rings was NY supposed to win after drafting Ewing?

MannyIsGod
05-24-2007, 06:06 AM
no. thats insane talk. granted i said might, so portland may make the playoffs. but, there is about a zero % chance portland wins the title in 5 years. outside of Roy their players aren't all that impressive (aldridge is a joke right now). i would be shocked if they made the playoffs within 3 years and mildly surprised within 5.Thats one of the most foolish statements I've ever heard.

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Thats one of the most foolish statements I've ever heard.

occasionally i'll get caught up with myself, and this may be a one of those times. HOWEVER, i have sorta backed slightly off the 5 year thing in some of my later posts.

...that being said, i am not backing off the 3 year statement and while the chances are probably fair they will make the playoffs after those 3 years, i won't be shocked if they don't. as much as people love Oden, he is unproven, portland's players are unproven, and they are very young/immature.

oh yeah, and i'll bet anyone anything portland doesn't win a title in Oden's first 5 years....

The_Game
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
in 5 years the Blazers may be starting a dynasty....not just winning a title. Now with the next Duncan/Shaq/Bill Russell on his way to the Blazers. Oden will be the next great big man

mathbzh
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
in 5 years the Blazers may be starting a dynasty....not just winning a title. Now with the next Duncan/Shaq/Bill Russell on his way to the Blazers. Oden will be the next great big man
Too soon to say...
He may never be a great offensive player and be more like Mutombo
He maybe "only" a new Alonzo Mourning
Maybe he will be the new Olajuwon... and fail against the "new Jordan".
Maybe he will be the new DRob and never be pair with a new Duncan.

He will probably not be a bust (Kwame/Olowakandi) but you can't know how good he will be and more important how good his team(s) will be.

tlongII
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
occasionally i'll get caught up with myself, and this may be a one of those times. HOWEVER, i have sorta backed slightly off the 5 year thing in some of my later posts.

...that being said, i am not backing off the 3 year statement and while the chances are probably fair they will make the playoffs after those 3 years, i won't be shocked if they don't. as much as people love Oden, he is unproven, portland's players are unproven, and they are very young/immature.

oh yeah, and i'll bet anyone anything portland doesn't win a title in Oden's first 5 years....

Dude, you said Aldridge was a joke! That's ridiculous. He made the All-rookie 1st team along with Roy.

mathbzh
05-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Dude, you said Aldridge was a joke! That's ridiculous. He made the All-rookie 1st team along with Roy.

You must admit this rookie team is really poor.

nkdlunch
05-24-2007, 10:21 AM

GO BLAZERS!!!
:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

2015 forum

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2007, 09:11 PM

he is a joke right now = not very good. he put up OK numbers on a very bad basketball team.

but go ahead and anoint portland the next dynasty, you're setting your team up for failure nicely.

milkyway21
05-24-2007, 10:21 PM
How About That?

The Blazers said they generated $1 million in ticket revenue Tuesday night alone, and in the 23 hours that followed the lottery, they netted $2.5 million -- the largest revenue-producing day in franchise history. The NBA said only two teams sold 3,000 new season tickets during all of last year. But league sources said Wednesday afternoon that the Blazers had sold nearly 2,000 since the lottery. One Blazers spokesperson said the franchise already had sold 25 percent more season tickets than all of last year.

:clap

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 10:52 PM
"We Want It Now!"