PDA

View Full Version : Dear Utah

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Dear Utah,

Even though your season is over, I just wanted to say a few things that might help you out in the future. First, a basketball game is 4 quarters long, not 3. I know everyone makes mistakes at work, especially relatively new employees, but the millions we pay you are to motivate you to remember things like how long a game is and that San Antonio can shoot threes like nobody's business. Also, don't forget that its easier to play hard and with purpose before you are 20 points down. Then again, see above about how long a game is. Also, if I catch you falling asleep again at work, your ass is fired. That is all.

Sincerely,
One of your thousands of bosses

boutons_
05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Jazz won the 2nd half, again.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Sorry boutons, you can't shit on this win.

We shot 56% and outboarded them by nine.

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Sorry boutons, you can't shit on this win.

We shot 56% and outboarded them by nine.

Great win for SA. But lets face it, Jazz played even for 3 quarters. If they just played four, then they would at least have a chance at the end of the fourth. It was a solid win though.

ObiwanGinobili
05-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I was having a hard time paying attention there in the middle. blow outs just don;t entertain me. 2 mins into the 2nd half and Derek Fisher looked like he was crying.
You could see it on thier faces - JHazz had already lost in thier hearts. Spurs were compltely in thier heads.

*sigh*. sad. not fun at all.

ChumpDumper
05-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Great win for SA. But lets face it, Jazz played even for 3 quarters. If they just played four.Sorry, this win was all about what the Spurs did. The only reason the Jazz got close again was because Pop was resting the starters more than any spurfan wanted.

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I was having a hard time paying attention there in the middle. blow outs just don;t entertain me. 2 mins into the 2nd half and Derek Fisher looked like he was crying.
You could see it on thier faces - JHazz had already lost in thier hearts. Spurs were compltely in thier heads.

Please, that is the stupidest, most arrogant thing a fan can say. Why belittle this victory? Are all spurs fans so spoiled that a solid win is "boring"? What, you'd rather have the Jazz miss a last second shot to seal the deal? What a joke. Please, I've been a Jazz fan all my life and I'd kill to be in your shoes, knowing that you are two wins from the finals and well on your way to winning a 4th title in the last decade. Enjoy it while you can. TD is not immortal.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Yeah i felt bad for Fisher there. I thought he was crying or almost.

Borosai
05-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Utah's execution in the 4th is great. I noticed the same thing during the GS series. They just don't panic and continue to play their game, even when losing or playing a close game. Unfortunately for them, the Spurs have had a large cushion and don't consist of a bunch of chuckers that will shoot them out of a game.

It's still a series though. If Utah executes better at home (which should be expected), things may get very interesting.

sheriee84
05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Please, that is the stupidest, most arrogant thing a fan can say. Why belittle this victory? Are all spurs fans so spoiled that a solid win is "boring"? What, you'd rather have the Jazz miss a last second shot to seal the deal? What a joke. Please, I've been a Jazz fan all my life and I'd kill to be in your shoes, knowing that you are two wins from the finals and well on your way to winning a 4th title in the last decade. Enjoy it while you can. TD is not immortal.

I agree.... I would rather be bored than to lose.... I think my bro-in-law has to be put on life-support during those games.... they just drive me NUTS!

jag
05-22-2007, 11:12 PM

it's kind of a reverse psychology thing, i dont wanna get too excited and start doing this :elephant cause then we might go to utah and do what we did in LA 3 years ago. but if we get that first one yall should do this :yield

mikeanthony21
Utah's execution in the 4th is great. I noticed the same thing during the GS series. They just don't panic and continue to play their game, even when losing or playing a close game. Unfortunately for them, the Spurs have had a large cushion and don't consist of a bunch of chuckers that will shoot them out of a game.

It's still a series though. If Utah executes better at home (which should be expected), things may get very interesting.

If the Spurs are destined to lose ONE game in this series, it'll be Saturday night. I can't really see them winning Game 3 and then having a letdown in Game 4.

FireSternin2007

Utah may be able to come back to SA 2-2, but there is no way this thing goes more than 6. Utah will not win in SA, and I'll bet SA wins at least one in SLC. In fact, I'm preparing for a 5 game series. See you next year though.

Nathan Explosion
05-22-2007, 11:18 PM
The Jazz played well in the 4th, but every time the Jazz made a run, the Spurs answered back. They kept the Jazz at bay all game.

The Jazz's biggest problem is they feel they can come back on any team, which is a good attitude to have, normally.

Except, the Jazz are allowing big leads, which is actually a bad thing. And they're playing the Spurs.

If they played with the sense of urgency all game, they could win a game or two imo. They played poised against Houston and GS, teams that aren't exactly poised in crunch time. The Spurs are completely different. They have that championship experience, and stay poised under pressure. The Jazz can't think they can come back on SA. They have to play like they need to lead all game. Allowing big leads and then trying to come back isn't going to work against a team that can play under pressure, and keep their foot on the gas.

bigfan
05-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I have a feeling it will be lots tougher in Utah than in SA. We have a better team, but we can still get our asses kicked if we take them too lightly or just get lazy.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I have a feeling it will be lots tougher in Utah than in SA. We have a better team, but we can still get our asses kicked if we take them too lightly or just get lazy.

Good thing it's not you playing basketball but a team with 100% confidence in themselves. There's no choke happening this series, believe me.

And your nickname is "bigfan"?

drumplayer
05-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Great win for SA. But lets face it, Jazz played even for 3 quarters. If they just played four, then they would at least have a chance at the end of the fourth. It was a solid win though.

Playing even for three quarters doesn't get it doesn't get it done, does it?

Almost only counts with regard to horseshoes and hand grenades.

:fishing

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Playing even for three quarters doesn't get it doesn't get it done, does it?

Almost only counts with regard to horseshoes and hand grenades.

:fishing

Who the hell says I was saying "we almost won"? I'm only saying that Utah cannot compete for four quarters thus eliminating a chance to be in the game at the end. And congrats for stating the obvious, or in actuality, re-wording my original post from above that stated as you so eloquently put it "3 quarters doesn't get it done, does it?"

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Utah may be able to come back to SA 2-2, but there is no way this thing goes more than 6. Utah will not win in SA, and I'll bet SA wins at least one in SLC. In fact, I'm preparing for a 5 game series. See you next year though.

Rational though you may be, I wouldn't give up on my team at this stage.

Sure, they had their heads up their arses tonight, and sure, we're looking far the better team right now, but win the next two and you never know what can happen in game 5...

Must be frustrating to watch them play so lazy.

BTW, I love watching blowouts by us, because in doing so we usually play beautiful basketball, and I love beautiful basketball! ;)

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Rational though you may be, I wouldn't give up on my team at this stage.

Sure, they had their heads up their arses tonight, and sure, we're looking far the better team right now, but win the next two and you never know what can happen in game 5...

Must be frustrating to watch them play so lazy.

BTW, I love watching blowouts by us, because in doing so we usually play beautiful basketball, and I love beautiful basketball! ;)

exactly, if you are blowing out a team like Utah, its because you are playing great basketball. I'm counting us out because for some reason, Fisher, Kirilenko, Harpring, and to some extent Okur, have decided that they cannot compete with SA. Until they decide otherwise, this series is over.

ATXSPUR
05-22-2007, 11:45 PM

Forget fun!!! I dont need heart attacks! :toast

Winning is plenty of fun.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Okur should stay outside. His post game looks good against the Warriors, but he ain't in Oz no more.

Fisher and Harpring are suffering from much better defence.

No excuses for AK at all. Where the hell was he tonight? No weakside shotblocking at all.

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Okur should stay outside. His post game looks good against the Warriors, but he ain't in Oz no more.

Fisher and Harpring are suffering from much better defence.

No excuses for AK at all. Where the hell was he tonight? No weakside shotblocking at all.

AK has some serious psychological issues. One night he'll be close to a quadruple double, the next and he's nothing more than an apparition on the court. I don't understand it. Unfortunately for him, I predict that if he can't become more consistent, the Jazz will end up trading him for a big time shooter. I love AK as a person and even more when he plays well, so I hope that doesn't happen.

boutons_
05-22-2007, 11:53 PM
ChumpStump,

I ain't shitting on anything but your stupidity. facts is facts. Take away the second qtr blowouts, and the series is a toss up.

I'll be happy if the Spurs can get 1 W in Utah, handing Utah their first playoff loss after going 6-0, and finish 4-1 as I predicted.