PDA

View Full Version : Obbbeeeeeertoooooooo!!!!

TheTruth
05-22-2007, 11:05 PM
He deserves a Chuckie yell.

Chris
05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8458/bagofjerkymz0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

duncanchick21
05-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Fucking Oberto!!! :clap :downspin: :toast :cheer

Darkwaters
05-22-2007, 11:33 PM
:toast Heres to you Fabs.

Typhoon
05-22-2007, 11:34 PM
For the morons that said Oberto didn’t have game a while ago...there's one thing I want to say... FUCK YOU. :toast

Fabricio Oberto
05-22-2007, 11:53 PM
hooray!

FireSternin2007
05-23-2007, 12:02 AM
So he's like a 13-time all-star, right? Or is it one of those illusions that you see on those new playoff commercials where Boozer is actually casting a spell on Oberto to make him a basketball god for the series? :)

Kevin Blackistone
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
So he's like a 13-time all-star, right? Or is it one of those illusions that you see on those new playoff commercials where Boozer is actually casting a spell on Oberto to make him a basketball god for the series? :)

Boozer's getting exposed on his defensive position. He's worried too much about what Parker or Manu are doing and Oberto is putting his ass to sleep before cutting right to the hole. Oberto is also beating him to the basket on nearly every transition run. The bad thing for the Jazz are that their two best offensive players are getting run on defense.

Kevin Blackistone
05-23-2007, 12:16 AM
For the morons that said Oberto didn’t have game a while ago...there's one thing I want to say... FUCK YOU. :toast

He didn't. But then again nobody knew he was going to go Robert Horry in the playoffs. Thank god he has been and let's hope he keeps it up.

LoVeNSpuRs
05-23-2007, 12:17 AM
To Oberto :toast

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2007, 12:26 AM
He didn't. But then again nobody knew he was going to go Robert Horry in the playoffs. Thank god he has been and let's hope he keeps it up.
I think Timvp expected him to be a big game player for the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm not surprised he's elevated his game and is playing smart b-ball. This guy is a proven, experienced winner.

Kevin Blackistone
05-23-2007, 12:29 AM

Anyway, I'm not surprised he's elevated his game and is playing smart b-ball. This guy is a proven, experienced winner.

He has turned it on and is making smart play after smart play on both ends, but for most of the season he looked a tad lost and just didn't have the rhythm to his game that he has now. Of course, having Boozer lose him on the court time and again for layups is a nice bonus.

Martin R
05-23-2007, 06:14 AM
the argentine combinatiopn is working !!! ;)

chaco
05-23-2007, 07:29 AM
the argentine combinatiopn is working !!! ;)
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2004/08/28/um/basquet9.jpg

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2007, 08:54 AM
big props to fabs...

i don't think i've ever seen a guy help his team keep posession of the ball any better than oberto does with they way he gets a hand on the ball, keeping it alive.

SAGambler
05-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Pop has always said "Fabs is the real deal". He doesn't look pretty on the court. He doesn't do spectacular. But the guy seems to always be in the right place at the right time and I don't think it's by accident.

Fabs is a smart player who has been on a lot of good teams and in big games with Manu and Manu knows he can be trusted to be in the right place.

I think Elson is pretty much riding the pine from here on out.

He is picking up way too many "stupid" fouls.

MoSpur
05-23-2007, 09:22 AM
They guy is amazing. He moves well without the ball.

wildbill2u
05-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Can you spell Pro? P-R-O-B-E-R-T-O.

Just goes to show that you don't have to be able to leap above the backboard or shoot unbelieveable 360 degree dunks to have game.

thousandth
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
They guy is amazing. He moves well without the ball.

Yes. He seems to be in the right place at the right time. I like soo much Oberto in the postseason.

Go Fabs Go! :clap

sabar
05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
My question is...

What is up with the hair?

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 05:08 PM
So he's like a 13-time all-star, right? Or is it one of those illusions that you see on those new playoff commercials where Boozer is actually casting a spell on Oberto to make him a basketball god for the series? :)Nah, he's just exploiting the Jazz defense to more than triple his regular season scoring average.

That's all.

timvp
05-23-2007, 05:11 PM

The better verb is probably "hoped".

Although, a few of us started to see a pattern during the regular season that Oberto would show up in the big games. But yeah in a lot of not-so-important games, Oberto played like a zombie.

Perhaps his zombieness was due to his transition to the 82 game NBA regular season.

thousandth
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
My question is...

:downspin: :downspin:

Nothing. He learns the Sanson's history. :lol

duncanchick21
05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
My question is...

THAT'S HIS POWER!!!! :clap :clap :clap :p:

Solid D
05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
What's next for Fab? Sending him to the post-game press conference table?

:smokin

thousandth
05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
The better verb is probably "hoped".

Although, a few of us started to see a pattern during the regular season that Oberto would show up in the big games. But yeah in a lot of not-so-important games, Oberto played like a zombie.

Perhaps his zombieness was due to his transition to the 82 game NBA regular season.

C'mon. Oberto played very well against the Sonics, Raptors, Clippers, Kings, Wizards, Bucks, Grizzlies... in the regular season. And this games are not the big games.
I agree with he had bad games, but not played like a zombie. :lol :lol

But, yes. He played impressive in the big games (agains the Mavs Suns in the regular and Denver and Utah in the postseason)

timvp
05-23-2007, 05:43 PM
I agree with he had bad games, but not played like a zombie. :lol :lol

Yeah he did. How else do you explain how Oberto lost his starting job to Elson? You'd have to be a non-NBA player to pull that off. At one point, Oberto had played himself out of the entire rotation.

thousandth
05-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah he did. How else do you explain how Oberto lost his starting job to Elson? You'd have to be a non-NBA player to pull that off. At one point, Oberto had played himself out of the entire rotation.

To explain this?. :lol I don´t know. :lol

Peace, timvp. Give me a break :lol