PDA

View Full Version : Was Fisher crying on the bench?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Anyone with Tivo that can check, it sure looked like it.

01Snake
05-22-2007, 11:09 PM
He had a busted lip.

Fillmoe
05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/21/890a6211c9440acc25a9818cw6.gif

Chris
05-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Fillmoe right on top of it as usual. Fisher has the Kobe syndrome.

Fillmoe
05-22-2007, 11:15 PM
thats an old clip...... LOL :)

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't think we need to ask ourselves if Fisher was crying. After all the man's been through in the last month, I say let the man cry, play poorly, whatever. Derek Fisher is the perfect example of what an NBA professional should look like. He's a great ambassador for the game.

01Snake

Horry right next to him.

Chris

hah i see Horry next to him now :bang

austinfan
05-22-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't think we need to ask ourselves if Fisher was crying. After all the man's been through in the last month, I say let the man cry, play poorly, whatever. Derek Fisher is the perfect example of what an NBA professional should look like. He's a great ambassador for the game.

Totally agree. The health of a child >>>>>>>>>>>> a basketball game.

98Ute1
05-22-2007, 11:18 PM

here here.....fisher is a man among boys in today's nba.

Despot
05-22-2007, 11:19 PM
If he was, give him a pass

BigBeezie
05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Nah, I did not see him cry. He got hit in the mouth or something but I think he learned not to cry until he gets home.

Amarelooms
05-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Fisher is playing bad. I agree nothing more impt than family...he should just take a leave....he is hurting his team anyway

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Fisher is playing bad. I agree nothing more impt than family...he should just take a leave....he is hurting his team anyway

I agree. Last series he was an absolute stud. He used his emotion on the court and basically won two games for us. This series he must just be worn down by it all. At this point I doubt he would ever miss a game, but if he needs to be elsewhere I say take an early summer vacation.

T Park
05-22-2007, 11:41 PM
You can tell that Derek is just not there mentally.

My heart goes out to the guy.

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 11:51 PM
You can tell that Derek is just not there mentally.

My heart goes out to the guy.

Yeah, but isn't it refreshing that we have two classy ogranizations squaring off with players like Fisher? I mean in two games there has been no dirty play, no whining (outside the norm), and no selfish play. Even if we go down in 4, we go down the right way to a worthy opponent.

T Park
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM
I like Utah, and I like their attitude.

I like Derron Williams and Carlos Boozer, especially Boozer after his interview this morning with Colin Cowherd

If the Spurs win this series, im gettin me a Boozer jersey.

FireSternin2007
05-22-2007, 11:57 PM

I like Derron Williams and Carlos Boozer, especially Boozer after his interview this morning with Colin Cowherd

I would go out and get me a TD jersey, but he's too "boring." Shall I get a Ron Artest Jersey instead? Or maybe a Carmelo "suckerpunch" Anthony? Actually, maybe a Nate "thug for life" Robinson Jersey is what i really need. I'll proudly wear a jersey from any player on either team, except Bowen because that bastard kept hitting threes to keep us from coming back :bang

GSH
05-23-2007, 12:09 AM
That's just a chickenshit thread to start. If he was crying, I would be worried that it meant some kind of bad news about his daughter. Sure as hell not something to be gloating over.

Fisher is a damn tough player, and has been for a lot of years. Something tells me we'll hear from him when the series goes to Utah.

Russ
05-23-2007, 12:18 AM
"Crying Game II" -- the sequel. Coming to a Championship DVD seller near you. :spin :spin :spin :spin

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2007, 12:21 AM
It happened after he bricked 2-3 shots in a row and Sloan took him out.

Look, I feel for him for the thing with his daughter, but on the flip side you've got .4. Off the court, I feel for him and his family and what they are going through.

On the court, fuck him (and Utah).

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-23-2007, 12:22 AM
It happened after he bricked 2-3 shots in a row and Sloan took him out.

Look, I feel for him for the thing with his daughter, but on the flip side you've got .4. Off the court, I feel for him and his family and what they are going through.

yeah, I don't think ragging on players on court, means anything personal.

T Park
05-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Look, I feel for him for the thing with his daughter, but on the flip side you've got .4

God get over it.

What was he supposed to do, go to the ref and say "That should'nt count cause I think the clock started late.

I've got nothing against Fisher, on or off the court.

FireSternin2007
05-23-2007, 12:25 AM

Yeah, that's a classy attitude. These guys are real people on and off the court.

cholo
05-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah, that's a classy attitude. These guys are real people on and off the court.

yeah, real losers on the court and cry babies off of it

GSH
05-23-2007, 12:43 AM

That's bullshit. I don't remember Derek Fisher ever being a crybaby off the court. And he sure as hell hasn't been a loser on the court. Regardless of when the .4 second clock should have started, you can't deny that he knocked down the shot when his team had to have it. There's no definition for the word "loser" that leaves room for that.

And don't forget the dagger he put in Golden State this year. If not for Derek Fisher, we would probably be facing the Warriors right now.

FireSternin2007
05-23-2007, 12:53 AM

What the hell kind of statement is that? The Jazz are ACCOUNTABLE for their losses. They aren't crying. They are trying to compete, they are just coming up short. Your own statement just labeled you as a lone classless spurs fan amongst many respectable ones. Congrats.

dbreiden83080
05-23-2007, 02:19 AM

I agree good guy been through a lot i would not blame him if he was not playing in this series with all the family stuff going on.

Quasar
05-23-2007, 02:43 AM
There's nothing wrong with grown men crying. Everyone cries - death, being overwhelmed... Crying is a form of emotional release...

It is how you react after crying that makes you real man. Do you cower or do you stand up and come back stronger than before?

chorizo overdose
05-23-2007, 02:50 AM
man the more i hear about the jazz and thier fans the more i respect them.

x_roux_x
05-23-2007, 03:00 AM
I agree. Last series he was an absolute stud. He used his emotion on the court and basically won two games for us. This series he must just be worn down by it all. At this point I doubt he would ever miss a game, but if he needs to be elsewhere I say take an early summer vacation.

Isnt his child already better?

Despot
05-23-2007, 03:00 AM
You know, I was deeply traumitized by .4, even though I'm not sure we would have won the series anyway, but just because of how emotional the Lakers series were.

I'm not sure why, but you know when I got over it? The second I heard about his daughter. I honestly feel like I have been "healed".

x_roux_x
05-23-2007, 03:02 AM
That's just a chickenshit thread to start. If he was crying, I would be worried that it meant some kind of bad news about his daughter. Sure as hell not something to be gloating over.

Fisher is a damn tough player, and has been for a lot of years. Something tells me we'll hear from him when the series goes to Utah.

If it was terrible new about his daughter than he wouldnt have been there...And if he was there after terrible news than the man is an idiot. But again, probably not what happened.

x_roux_x
05-23-2007, 03:10 AM

What people must remember is this is a competition...a Sport...As fans we hate our enemies...but we can still respect them both ways even if we do hate them...which is on and off the court....Personal life comes first...but if its in the way then that person shouldnt be there...dont give me that competitor crap either...but honestly I dont care....It sucks what hes been through with his daughter...my best wishes to him and his family...but that is not my concern...this happenes and worse all day everyday...when was the last time we prayed as a group for the little girl being boiled by her mother...these things happen...and it is terrible..it shouldnt happen but it does...it does sadden me it truly does...but I choose not to think of such things...I hate when things like this are brought into the light only if ur a D Fish or a A. Glenn...or whatever travesty has come about lately in the sports world...We all have our own fucked up situations...I watch sports to get away from things like that...Not dive into them...again I am sorry for things like that heppening..but again I watch sports so i dont have to think about things like that...so when it comes up with players I pay no attention...I dont want to think of that shit...so if its that important they shouldnt be there.

x_roux_x
05-23-2007, 03:14 AM
people are taking this too personally as well...and whoever created this thread is an idiot to me...who fucking cares if he was crying for whatever reason it may be...Who fucking cares if the entire NBA was crying....no business of mine...my business is to watch games and root for my team so they can get my money and pay there players millions...thats what it comes down too...

x_roux_x
05-23-2007, 03:15 AM
im sorry if I have sounded harsh... I have really tried not to but at the same time get my point across...I just really cant find the median of giving a fuck and not...so sorry if I have come across like an asshole...not my intention...and if i did...ah fucking well.

WalterBenitez
05-23-2007, 05:48 AM
If it was terrible new about his daughter than he wouldnt have been there...And if he was there after terrible news than the man is an idiot. But again, probably not what happened.

Spanish ESPN's journalist mentionat that, sad story no hay him to be there playing when your daugther is in danger, glad the llitle girl got healthy :)

exstatic
05-23-2007, 07:03 AM
In 2001, DFish ass-raped our PG duo of AJ and Terry Porter, players considerably older than him. He shot 75% from downtown for the series, and the Lake Show stuck a broom up our asses. If he played long enough, it was inevitable that the tables would turn, and that he would be the one who was a step slow, not able to contain his cover or get his shot off cleanly. Father time catches us all. It's a race you can't win, and in the NBA, it's particularly harsh on small guards. The first things to go are what they reach for when the shit hits the fan: speed, quickness, and hops.

Cry Havoc
05-23-2007, 07:26 AM

Yeah, and you wouldn't stand a chance in hell of playing against any one of them. Not even Beno.

violentkitten
05-23-2007, 07:29 AM
low class thread

nkdlunch
05-23-2007, 08:24 AM
he ain't Wade

Soul_Patch
05-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Although i wanna stab derek in the nuts for the .4 fiasco. I think he is an absolute awesome guy on and off the court. He is right up there with Drob in respectability.

Soul_Patch
05-23-2007, 08:26 AM
oh yea...i also hate the fact that he gets boo'd in the arena when he comes out.

i know fans are bitter over .4, but to boo someone?!?

tmtcsc
05-23-2007, 08:32 AM
God get over it.

What was he supposed to do, go to the ref and say "That should'nt count cause I think the clock started late.

I've got nothing against Fisher, on or off the court.

No kidding. That play is over-rated. We trailed for most of the game. We came out laxidasical and flat and blew our wad trying to comeback. Tim hit that miraculous shot but the Lakers had the last laugh.

By the way, it was game 5. We still had a chance to go win game 6 on the road and win game 7 at home. We weren't good enough.

SAGambler
05-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I must admit that it is refreshing not to watch guys whine on the court all the time.

It's also refreshing to see the games officiated well.

As for Fish, I'm sure the guy has a lot on his mind. I still hate the dagger he stuck in us, but I feel for the guy for what he is going through now.

The WCF this year is between a couple of teams that just know how to go out and play hard and let the chips fall where they may.......

I think it all starts with the head coach. Two of the best in the business in this series.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-23-2007, 08:41 AM

Yup, spot on.

This isn't Melo in the first round crying inappropriately when he lost game 4, give it a break. :rolleyes

Assman
05-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Great reply. :td

WalterBenitez
05-23-2007, 09:27 AM
low class thread
cheap thread

Darkwaters
05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Totally agree. The health of a child >>>>>>>>>>>> a basketball game.

I know I know. I really do WANT to feel for the guy. I have heard about everything he has gone through and he seems to be an image of class in teh league. But then the .4 play just keeps running through my mind! Derek Fisher's .4 was the Spurs' Brad Buckner play.

Darkwaters
05-23-2007, 09:42 AM
oh yea...i also hate the fact that he gets boo'd in the arena when he comes out.

Hey, Mavs fans were booing Michael Finley after Cuban cut him! I mean, it's not like his contract ended and he bolted for SA. Dallas kicked him out and he came to us. Yet Dallas is booing him. wtf?

Russ
05-23-2007, 10:44 AM

Booing someone who beat your team the way Fisher did is a sign of respect (and Fisher appreciates it).

peskypesky
05-23-2007, 10:56 AM
As much as I hated Fisher for the .4, I now have that much respect for him. He's going through absolute hell in his personal life, and yet he still came up huge for his team in the last round of the playoffs. He's a consummate professional and a warrior. And I would LOVE to have him on the Spurs.

T Park
05-23-2007, 11:00 AM
BTW on Mike and Mike yesterday morning I heard he might miss game 4 due to his daughter needs ANOTHER surgery.

The poor girl isn't done with surgery, and I gaurantee thats whats going through his head right now.

My heart literally aches for the poor guy.

TampaDude
05-23-2007, 11:01 AM
IMHO, .4 was long ago and far away...this is a new era, and a new team. Fisher is a class act...and he ain't gettin' dat .4 on us again!

Boozer is single-handedly keeping the Jazz in these games...if not for him, both games so far would have been 20+ point blowouts.

Dingle Barry
05-23-2007, 11:04 AM
:p: Props to Fish for playing through his personal situation. Gotta feel for the guy but I know he is going to be raining threes back home in SLC so I ain't going to feel too bad for him

cheguevara
05-23-2007, 11:05 AM
BTW on Mike and Mike yesterday morning I heard he might miss game 4 due to his daughter needs ANOTHER surgery.

The poor girl isn't done with surgery, and I gaurantee thats whats going through his head right now.

My heart literally aches for the poor guy.

damn that's fucked up.

no wonder his shot is not even close. he should maybe give up his minutes to someone else, since he is not contributing

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Mighty humane outlook for a Jazz fan. My hat's off to you, FireSternin2007.

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Me too.

Extra Stout
05-23-2007, 11:16 AM
:wtf That was the Suns. The Jazz have conducted themselves with class.

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Low life embarassment to Spurs fans, Cholo.

tt.timmy
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Horry right next to him.
Horry is very calm