PDA

View Full Version : Jazz forums thread haha

jag
05-22-2007, 11:22 PM
http://www.jazzfanz.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=23405

the odds they believe the have to go to the finals...

Fernando TD21
05-23-2007, 02:53 AM
Wow they believe more in the Spurs than many spurs fans do (or maybe they're just too pessimistic): :clap

This series is over and I hate saying this. Utah may win game 3, as it could take time for the Spurs to adjust to the crowd, but this series either ends in 4 or 5. Utah can't share the same court with the Spurs, they're not worthy. San Antonio toys with Utah, allowing them back into it and then kicking them in the nuts again. Utah's comebacks the past two games were NOT because Utah just started playing well, it was because the Spurs started playing poorly and allowed Utah to sneak in. Every time the Spurs needed a run though, they got one at will.

said it perfectly...the last part was very true when you think about it. The Jazz were down by 10 or so with 3 minutes left in the third and I thought they had time for a comeback but the Spurs just put on a shooting fest and went up by 16.

Too bad we couldn't have played the Suns. Other then making it to the WCF (something to be very proud of) its been a bad week. Durand and Oden are in our division, the Suns got pwn3d by Horry and the Spurs...and now the Jazz are looking at being swept for the first time in franchise history.
I read some topics over there and those guys are way more humble than those suns fans (in the suns board, which I can't remember the name).

Despot
05-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Further proof that the faces of a franchise rub off on the players and fans.

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Why should we be "humble?" The Suns were the better team, but had the series ripped away from them so David Stern could feed his ego.

Soul_Patch
05-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Why should we be "humble?" The Suns were the better team, but had the series ripped away from them so David Stern could feed his ego.

lol...gonna be a long summer for the valley of the sun.

good luck with your salary cap problems and atlanta's pick...o wait...you dont get that either....muuhahahaha...

violentkitten
05-23-2007, 08:11 AM
so apparently stern is now not concerned with oh, say maximizing revenue for the league but rather carrying out imagined grudges.

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 08:11 AM
lol...gonna be a long summer for the valley of the sun.

good luck with your salary cap problems and atlanta's pick...o wait...you dont get that either....muuhahahaha...

hahahh MAN they CRY just like their coach, guess that rubs off on them too.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 08:12 AM
I just hope Spurs fans stay humble and enthusiastic - humble on the internet forums and enthusiastic about arriving early and making noise at home games.

tmtcsc
05-23-2007, 08:26 AM

The Suns are 2-7 at home against the Spurs in the last 3 playoff series. Is that humbling enough ? They are 2-6 with Amare.

We physically and mentally beat your Ass AND you have 3 All-Stars. We knocked you down, buried 3 pointers in your faces and pretty much called you sissies for all your crying. Is that humbling enough ?

You won 1 more game against us than you did 2 years ago when we almost SWEPT you. You and your team are living in the world of "what if"......AGAIN.
You lost. You're a fantasizing wannabe and the Jazz would have kicked your ass too.

Now, your wonderful offseason includes talk of trading Amare or Marion for another perennial, talented loser who can't beat the Spurs (Kevin Garnett).
You watched Atlanta get the 3rd pick and your 1st round pick from them went away. How miserable. Is that humbling enough ? You just need to lurk or shut-up.

BYE BYE now

nkdlunch
05-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Suns were the weaker team, the softer team and the more crybaby team. they lost because Spurs were superior.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 08:33 AM

I was really impressed with the way that the Suns were able to completely dominate tempo in that series and their ability to win a second game without a 2-1 free throw advantage.

I can definitely see your argument for saying they were the better team.

gaKNOW!blee
05-23-2007, 08:34 AM
The Suns are 2-7 at home against the Spurs in the last 3 playoff series. Is that humbling enough ? They are 2-6 with Amare.

We physically and mentally beat your Ass AND you have 3 All-Stars. We knocked you down, buried 3 pointers in your faces and pretty much called you sissies for all your crying. Is that humbling enough ?

You won 1 more game against us than you did 2 years ago when we almost SWEPT you. You and your team are living in the world of "what if"......AGAIN.
You lost. You're a fantasizing wannabe and the Jazz would have kicked your ass too.

Now, your wonderful offseason includes talk of trading Amare or Marion for another perennial, talented loser who can't beat the Spurs (Kevin Garnett).
You watched Atlanta get the 3rd pick and your 1st round pick from them went away. How miserable. Is that humbling enough ? You just need to lurk or shut-up.

BYE BYE now

:owned

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-23-2007, 08:34 AM

Hmmmm, better team... only come back into game 4 because they got every call in the fourth (see Truehoop blog, Henry thought the same)... didn't have the discipline to obey the rules, no matter how stupid they are (that rule has been in operation for a decade, everyone knows it)... didn't have the depth to cover their lost players (it's a 15 player roster, y'know, and we play 10 deep)... didn't have the balls to put up a real fight in game 6... and as Bill Russell said, are a team of great individual players, but not excellent passers as a team like the Spurs... oh, and of course, the whining... :rolleyes

Respect to Steve Nash, he's a warrior and a champion whether he has a ring or not, but the BETTER TEAM? :lmao

:danceclub

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-23-2007, 08:37 AM
I just hope Spurs fans stay humble and enthusiastic - humble on the internet forums and enthusiastic about arriving early and making noise at home games.

Well said sir! :)

tmtscc - if that avatar is your girlfriend, sir, I challenge you to a duel! :lol :spin

:smokin :hat :smokin

tmtcsc
05-23-2007, 08:39 AM
I forgot to mention that D'Antoni said "The Spurs are a more talented team although we have the more talented players ".

That was after game 1. Your own coach !!! The GM must feel pretty good about knowing he gave his coach the better players but his coach couldn't put it together. Nice....

Jimcs50
05-23-2007, 08:39 AM
This series is over and I hate saying this. Utah may win game 3, as it could take time for the Spurs to adjust to the crowd, but this series either ends in 4 or 5. Utah can't share the same court with the Spurs, they're not worthy. San Antonio toys with Utah, allowing them back into it and then kicking them in the nuts again. Utah's comebacks the past two games were NOT because Utah just started playing well, it was because the Spurs started playing poorly and allowed Utah to sneak in. Every time the Spurs needed a run though, they got one at will.

TPark, do you have a brother that lives in Utah?

tmtcsc
05-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Well said sir! :)

tmtscc - if that avatar is your girlfriend, sir, I challenge you to a duel! :lol :spin

:smokin :hat :smokin

:lol That's not my girlfriend and I am happily married. But that ass.....it needs to be seen and shared.

cherylsteele
05-23-2007, 08:46 AM
You always have the D-Backs and the Cardinals to root for. :lol

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 09:50 AM

BYE BYE now
If not for Stern idiotically rewarding thuggish play, the series would have been 3-3 with Game 7 in Phoenix. I'd like the Suns' chances in that scenario. But, oh well, enjoy your tainted victory. You can discern how legitimate America thinks your title run is by the ratings, I guess.

ancestron
05-23-2007, 10:28 AM
If not for Stern idiotically rewarding thuggish play, the series would have been 3-3 with Game 7 in Phoenix. I'd like the Suns' chances in that scenario. But, oh well, enjoy your tainted victory. You can discern how legitimate America thinks your title run is by the ratings, I guess.

Boy Suns fans are just as stubborn as their coach. For the last time, Amare and Diaw BROKE THE RULE and PAID THE PRICE. Yes Horry gave Nash a hard foul but hard fouls are PART OF THE GAME. If I am correct, wasn't it Raja Bell that came after Horry, and then little Stevie came at him from behind, and then here come big bad Amare and Boris looking for a fight? Guess what? Can't do that, boys. Did any Spurs lose their head and run off the bench when that happened? No. Mental composure is a major factor in playoff basketball, like it or not, and the Suns fell victim to their own anxiousness to make it a brawl instead of a basketball game. Besides, it is ridiculous to assume that the suns would have beaten the Spurs in game 5 even if Stoudemire and Diaw were playing.

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 10:30 AM

BYE BYE now

:clap :clap :clap

MAJOR OWNAGE

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 10:33 AM

The best team is still playing basketball.

If ratings were so important, they would automatically send the Knicks and Lakers to the finals every year.

If you enjoy Suns-style basketball so much, go watch WNBA games.

Deede4525
05-23-2007, 10:41 AM

Boy, this series is getting the same ratings as the Phoenix series.... so? :p:

I thought you'd have quit crying by now .... guess not, eh? :dramaquee

MadDog73
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
If you enjoy Suns-style basketball so much, go watch WNBA games.

Ouch.

But seriously, this is a "praise Utah Fans" thread, not another "sunz where robed!!!11" thread. :lol

Soul_Patch
05-23-2007, 10:49 AM
If not for Amare Stoudamire and Boris Diaw idiotically rewarding thuggish play, the series would have been 3-3 with Game 7 in Phoenix. I'd like the Suns' chances in that scenario. But, oh well, enjoy your tainted victory. You can discern how legitimate America thinks your title run is by the ratings, I guess.

Fixed for you

hater
05-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Pathetic sun fans won't die peacefully yet.

tmtcsc
05-23-2007, 11:52 AM

Congratulations ! I hope you build a huge "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, Gonna, We're still better than you anyways" trophy case. You deserve it.

If we win ANOTHER trophy this year, people are going to be talking Dynasty not "another asterisk, tainted banner".
It'll be "Oh God, they won again". Do you honestly think we Spurs fans have a problem with that ?

We're getting used to it.