PDA

View Full Version : Utah Fans v Suns Fans

yourtehclay
05-23-2007, 04:31 AM
The difference is unbelievable. Most of the Utah fans seem to really know their ball, and are passionate about their team without crossing lines. This has made for some very interesting discussion so far in this series.

The Suns fans, for the most part, were just terrible :rolleyes

Props to the Jazz and their fans.

SpursIndonesia
05-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Whining is acceptable -to some extent, if you do it in your OWN forum. Ofcourse, Suns fans seem incapable of understanding this standard concept of decency.

Props to whichever team fans who have the grasp of being knowledgeable & humble in posting on opponents fan board.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Yeah, Jazz fans seem more knowledgeable and cool. I think the tone is set by the head coach and trickles down to the casual fan. Its so much that when I do encounter Jazz trollness, I assume its just another among countless disgruntled Mavs or Suns fans.

Scotti
05-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Credit to them. But there's probably another factor. I think the more you expect out of your team, the more antagonistic you may get.

Jazz deserves to go this far, but I presume most of them would have predicted Dallas to be in their place instead.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Credit to them. But there's probably another factor. I think the more you expect out of your team, the more antagonistic you may get.

Jazz deserves to go this far, but I presume most of them would have predicted Dallas to be in their place instead.

You're absolutely right, my friend. Had the Jazz been the clear favorite in the series and down 0-2, I'm sure there would be some Utah fans ripping the officials, complaining about Bruce's defense and so on.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 07:30 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1712833#post1712833

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

JamStone
05-23-2007, 07:46 AM
jazz fan is just happy to be here. i'm sure many suns fans were pretty tolerable before the last few years after regular season mvps started to come and then expectations changed and then bravado turned into arrogance.

MrChug
05-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Jazz fans know basketball because they've been a part of a top-tier team for longer than the Suns organization has.

Not to say that their owner hasn't been an ass at times, but he's no Robert Sarver. Sarver's such a big ass, he makes J-Lo look like an Olsen twin.

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 08:04 AM
How many Jazz fans are there anyway, like 5 or so?

jag
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
How many Jazz fans are there anyway, like 5 or so?
are you just a really bad troll, or are you serious???

btw the jazz would have beat that ass :frying:

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 09:57 AM
are you just a really bad troll, or are you serious???

btw the jazz would have beat that ass :frying:
The Jazz defense is terrible. The Suns would have eaten them alive.

Admidave50
05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
so far so good

Girasuck
05-23-2007, 10:14 AM

Yeah, just like you guys did all year right? Remind me again what team won 3 of 4?

jag
05-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, just like you guys did all year right? Remind me again what team won 3 of 4?

:owned

but not as bad as horry owned nash....:lmao

Deede4525
05-23-2007, 12:35 PM
:owned

but not as bad as horry owned nash....:lmao

Or as bad as Bruce shutting widdle Nashy DOWN the last game! :lmao

MadDog73
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Too bad we'll never know...

What we do know is Utah Fans >>>>>> Suns Fans.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 12:38 PM

Who are the Suns?

Borosai
05-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Who are the Suns?

I'm not sure, but I believe they're these clowns...

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5279/stsunsclownsentow6.jpg

Spurminator
05-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I want to hate the Jazz for memories' sake, but I find their players and their fans very unhateable right now. And I've developed a great deal of respect for Sloan since the 90's.

In fairness to some Phoenix fans, a lot of the whining and sense of entitlement was amplified greatly by the National Media.

TampaDude
05-23-2007, 01:08 PM
1998...Jordan pushed off...Jazz should've won game 6. :p:

Stargazer
05-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Of course you find the Jazz fans to be more congenial than Suns fans. The Jazz have been very well-behaved during their stay in S.A., rolling over on cue during the games. Unlike the Suns, who had the nerve to think that they could actually win. The Jazz and their fans want to be as good as San Antonio. The Suns think they already are as good as San Antonio.

Sasha
05-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Of course you find the Jazz fans to be more congenial than Suns fans. The Jazz have been very well-behaved during their stay in S.A., rolling over on cue during the games. Unlike the Suns, who had the nerve to think that they could actually win. The Jazz and their fans want to be as good as San Antonio. The Suns think they already are as good as San Antonio.

But they're not.... :rolleyes

whottt
05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
To be fair...StarGazer has a point...

We've been through two previous playoff series with the Suns in recent memory and the Suns fans were never whining bitches up until this series....and the Suns weren't really either. Even D'antoni wasn't the whiner in 05 he is now.

Ironically...the scariest Suns team from our POV was the 02-03 8 seed.

Anyway...I do have to say that the Jazz fans are coming off as much more knowledgable...

But I have a feeling Jazzfan will be as obnoxious as Suns fan if they keep getting the best record and we keep dispatching them like they are a lottery team.

Wait till Jazz fan actually thinks his team is a good as the Spurs...then we'll see true Jazz fan.

I'll also say this...it's forgotten now because the Jazz have sucked for a few years...but there is, and always has been an inordinate amount of race baiting Jazz fans...it's like they're trying to live up to the stereotype or something. And they evidentally can't tell what color Karl Malone was...I seriously hope that if they continue to get good again, that the racebaiters will stay in hiding this time. And I'm not kidding either...a few years ago any racebaiter found on a basketball message board had about a 70% chance of being a Jazz fan...

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure, but I believe they're these clowns...

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5279/stsunsclownsentow6.jpg
:lmao that is some great photoshopping right there!

dav4463
05-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Sloan, like Popovich shows class. That is hard to hate. Suns coach did nothing but cry and whine after every game. Avery is OK, but Cuban's whining after every game makes you hate the Mavs.

Johnny RIngo
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Suns have some of the worst fans on the internet. The Jazz fans for the most part are pretty classy.

longrod
05-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Who gives a fuck about the fans. It is about the game. And winning.

Johnny RIngo
05-23-2007, 04:39 PM

Well based on the attitude of the fanbases you get an idea of what kind of fans both teams have. Jazz fans seem to be diehard fans that have been folllowing their team for a long time. The Suns come off as a group of casuals that jumped on the bandwagon around 2005. Not very knowledgeable and very argumentative.

longrod
05-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Well based on the attitude of the fanbases you get an idea of what kind of fans both teams have. Jazz fans seem to be diehard fans that have been folllowing their team for a long time. The Suns come off as a group of casuals that jumped on the bandwagon around 2005. Not very knowledgeable and very argumentative.

So? Who gives a fuck?

jag
05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
So? Who gives a fuck?

this coming from a guy who called David Robinson a pussy.... :nope

you'd do a lot better to just stfu

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 04:52 PM
jazz fan is just happy to be here. i'm sure many suns fans were pretty tolerable before the last few years after regular season mvps started to come and then expectations changed and then bravado turned into arrogance.
Probably a lot to that. Nonetheless, disappointments are a part of life and if the only way you can deal is to trash your victorious opponent, then you don't deserve any sympathy.

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Sounds a lot like of Mavs fans. I suspect a lot of their rabid, mouthy fans became interested in basketball when the Mavs got respectable. Jazz and Spurs fans have suffered through some tough droughts but hung in anyway.

longrod
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
this coming from a guy who called David Robinson a pussy.... :nope

you'd do a lot better to just stfu

1987? A snotnose moron...How many Spurs games did YOU attend this season? Let me guess...NONE!

Warlord23
05-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Jazz fans have been a lot more realistic. It's probably because they've been fans of their team for a while. I think it's because they've had a few great runs in the Malone-Stockton era and they can appreciate quality when they see it.

A lot of Suns fans on the other hand have hopped on to the bandwagon recently. They don't know enough basketball to have anything close to a realistic view. I found quite a few gems lurking on Suns boards, such as:

- Pat Burke can be more valuable than Robert Horry; it's just that D'Antoni can't use him, otherwise Burke has the tools (I'm serious!)
- Horry's foul ranks among the most malicious and dirty plays in NBA history; probably because they weren't born when Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman et al were playing. They refuse to believe that in any given year in the 80s and early 90s, you can find at least 20 playoff plays that were more physical
- Nash gets fouled 4-5 times every play. I guess most of them don't know what a handcheck is and when it was outlawed. In their mind, if Bowen doesn't give Nash a full 3 feet of room, it's a foul

And these are the same chumps who proclaim that they won't watch the rest of the playoffs because it is ugly, boring basketball. The irony is that some of the passing that the Spurs have done in these playoffs has been jaw-dropping. But thanks to the media, the only attractive offense is jacking up shots with 16 left on the shot clock.

jag
05-23-2007, 08:12 PM
1987? A snotnose moron...How many Spurs games did YOU attend this season? Let me guess...NONE!

You do realize we probably wouldnt even have a team in SA if it werent for David...but let me guess...you knew that right??? Youre a joke :rolleyes

violentkitten
05-23-2007, 08:29 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7OcBQFRIjxM

TampaDude
05-23-2007, 09:40 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7OcBQFRIjxM

:smokin

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I agree that with the premise. I also agree that I have found a great deal of respect for Jerry Sloan, both as a coach and as a person, since this rivalry was last at its peak. I can't bring myself to truly dislike him or his team, because I find so much about each that I think is admirable. I hope the Spurs win, but I think the Jazz are both a formidable foe and a team on the rise. I don't think this will be the last time we all go around this block and I suspect that in future years, things will be a bit more heated than they are now.

It reminds me a bit of the 2003 WCF. Mav fans were pretty tame at that point, relatively speaking.

DAINTX
05-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Never, and I mean NEVER, cry about a call. That is ALWAYS classless. Take your medicine, unfair or not, shut-up and play! Suns fans cry about something, anything, EVERY single year. It gets old. But I guarantee you...they will find something to whine about next year too because they will exit early agan.

Johnny RIngo
05-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Jazz fans have been a lot more realistic. It's probably because they've been fans of their team for a while. I think it's because they've had a few great runs in the Malone-Stockton era and they can appreciate quality when they see it.

A lot of Suns fans on the other hand have hopped on to the bandwagon recently. They don't know enough basketball to have anything close to a realistic view. I found quite a few gems lurking on Suns boards, such as:

- Pat Burke can be more valuable than Robert Horry; it's just that D'Antoni can't use him, otherwise Burke has the tools (I'm serious!)
- Horry's foul ranks among the most malicious and dirty plays in NBA history; probably because they weren't born when Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman et al were playing. They refuse to believe that in any given year in the 80s and early 90s, you can find at least 20 playoff plays that were more physical
- Nash gets fouled 4-5 times every play. I guess most of them don't know what a handcheck is and when it was outlawed. In their mind, if Bowen doesn't give Nash a full 3 feet of room, it's a foul

And these are the same chumps who proclaim that they won't watch the rest of the playoffs because it is ugly, boring basketball. The irony is that some of the passing that the Spurs have done in these playoffs has been jaw-dropping. But thanks to the media, the only attractive offense is jacking up shots with 16 left on the shot clock.

Suns fans aren't basketball fans. That's the problem. They're fair weather fans through and through. I remember reading this Suns fans posts on another forum. He said he only started watching the NBA in '05 because the Suns play this "amazing" style of basketball he's never seen before. LOL He also said he only watches Suns games cause every other team's too "boring". Typical bandwagoners.

Shred
05-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Suns fans aren't basketball fans. That's the problem. They're fair weather fans through and through. I remember reading this Suns fans posts on another forum. He said he only started watching the NBA in '05 because the Suns play this "amazing" style of basketball he's never seen before. LOL He also said he only watches Suns games cause every other team's too "boring". Typical bandwagoners.

I'm sure that statistical sample of 1 fan you polled is pretty representative of the entire group. It's sort of like I figured out that every Spurs fan is 5-2, 275#, diabetic, and works in construction. That's the men. The women are 4-11, 300#, diabetic, and have at least 4 kids before hitting the legal drinking age. I know this just by sitting in the parking at the SBC Center. Or maybe it was Gatti's all-you-can-eat buffet, I forget. Where else but San Anto would you have restaurants that serve Mexican food in one drive-thru line and donuts in the other?

violentkitten
05-24-2007, 07:11 AM
i've determined that shred is a retarded gay dwarf covered in his feces based on a full sample of the population of shred.

Shred
05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
i've determined that shred is a retarded gay dwarf covered in his feces based on a full sample of the population of shred.

I don't know if it's the asterisks attached to your team's accomplishments or just a clinical case of small-town inferiority complex, but it seems like you Spurs fans always have to prove to yourselves that you're "better fans" than everyone else. If the Spurs are winning, why should you care? Quit making asses out of yourselves.

P.S. Next time at Gatti's, instead of piling half a pizza's worth of slices on your plate, leave 1 or 2 pieces for me. There's a new pizza coming out of the oven all the time, you can always get more.

P.P.S. Try mixing in a public park or two. Also, highways that actually connect to each other are a modern convenience you might want to try out (see 281/410 interchange).

Shred
05-24-2007, 07:20 AM

Agreed. Fan smak is as low as city smak.

violentkitten
05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
a retarded gay dwarf with a penchant for major road artery connections, to be more precise.

dbestpro
05-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Defintion of a Sun. A child who looks up and wants to be like his daddy named Horry who wears all the bling bling and whines and cries and needs a diaper change every time he loses. Oh! Wait a minute. I gues that is son. Oh, well in this case it's the same thing. (disclaimer: this post in and of itslef does not represent the true son of Robert Horry as seen on TV and merely fictionalizes the true wishes of every Sun player and Sun fan that Robert Horry was really their Daddy as is such the fact that he owns them like their Daddy at present, in the past and probably for all future.)

Shred
05-24-2007, 07:46 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/070518_manustatue_700.jpg

Body by Enchilada.

violentkitten
05-24-2007, 08:04 AM
a retarded bisexual dwarf with a picture of his twin brother's family in san antonio.