PDA

View Full Version : Suns fans suffering!

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 07:15 AM
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/article/14/it-never-rains-but-it-pours

Wow.

What a week to be a Suns fan.

My stomach can’t take anymore kicks to it. Stop. Please. The next thing you know the Suns will trade Amare and completely ruin me.

As Peter Krause said on one of my favorite all-time TV shows, Sports Night :

“Sometimes you just stand there, hip deep in pies.”

It sure feels like I’ve been hit with an entire bakery full of them. And I know all the Suns fans out there agree.

So not only did the Suns get hosed by the NBA and lose to the Spurs in six games, but our one big bright spot was a little draft pick from Atlanta if they didn’t end up with a top 3 spot in the lottery.

They had a measly 11% chance to get the 3rd pick.

You know it already. They got it. Wham, another pie!

It was going to be a saving grace. We’d walk away with the 4th overall pick, grab a sweet young talent and things would start looking up again.

Well, now it down to offseason moves. Who will stay, who will go? Will there be a trade? Can we get Kevin Garnett without losing Amare, Nash or Barbosa? Will I win the lottery this week? Will my boss suddenly grant me an earlier retirement with a totally unforeseen pension?

Doubtful.

Especially not this week.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I bet that hurts you whiny pieces of shit! Serves you right, for turning what could have otherwise been a great series into the biggest bitchfest of the season. Man, I just realized Suns fans have definitely surpassed the Mavs on my hate-those-pieces-of-shit-o-meter!

EDIT:

DISCLAIMER: I realize not EVERY Suns fan is a blind homer like the people in that board. We've had some alright contributors from the Suns fan base, but I do believe you people are the exceptions to the rule. This goes for Mavs fans as well.

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Hey, there are no guarantees in the lottery. Atlanta has to send a pick sooner or later. We still have two picks in the first round at 24 and 29, and can try to trade up to get Acie Law.

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 09:20 AM
:)

Listen...I've seen a lot of boards, my own, and this one, and tons of others...let me tell you, we're ALL homers most of the time.

I know Amare and Boris were at fault for leaving the bench. I admit that and that's fine.

But the rule sucks and I'm bitter about it. Is it right? Maybe not. If it happened to you guys, would you be mad and bitter? Probably, because I would think you are a TRUE fan to your team and support them through thick and thin.

We're all fans of our teams...we stick up for them, we support them and that's the way it is :)

And after getting dumped by the Spurs again, the only bright spot on the horizon was the draft...and we didn't get that either :)

Anyways, thanks for reading my blog and posting it here...I feel flattered :)

Mike

Gaddabout
05-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Heh. It's pretty easy to look down your nose at fans of another franchise when your own hit the lottery jackpot twice in years of dominating big men. The Suns have just missed twice -- once on a coin flip in 1969 for Kareem and another to the Spurs in 1987 for David Robinson.

Take away two dumb luck twist of the ping pong balls and what are the Spurs sounding like today? Not bragging about 3 championships, that's for damn sure.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:00 AM

Listen...I've seen a lot of boards, my own, and this one, and tons of others...let me tell you, we're ALL homers most of the time.

I know Amare and Boris were at fault for leaving the bench. I admit that and that's fine.

But the rule sucks and I'm bitter about it. Is it right? Maybe not. If it happened to you guys, would you be mad and bitter? Probably, because I would think you are a TRUE fan to your team and support them through thick and thin.

We're all fans of our teams...we stick up for them, we support them and that's the way it is :)

And after getting dumped by the Spurs again, the only bright spot on the horizon was the draft...and we didn't get that either :)

MikeYes I agree, we're all homers in one way or the other, but the difference between US and YOU is that WE don't ban people for expressing their point of view. I don't mean troll, I mean simply stating an opinion in a polite manner. You people ban anyone that has any opinion other than "the Suns got robbed", "the Suns are the best" etc. That is BLIND homerism.

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes I agree, we're all homers in one way or the other, but the difference between US and YOU is that WE don't ban people for expressing their point of view. I don't mean troll, I mean simply stating an opinion in a polite manner. You people ban anyone that has any opinion other than "the Suns got robbed", "the Suns are the best" etc. That is BLIND homerism.
That is because no reasonable person could dispute that the Suns got robbed.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Heh. It's pretty easy to look down your nose at fans of another franchise when your own hit the lottery jackpot twice in years of dominating big men. The Suns have just missed twice -- once on a coin flip in 1969 for Kareem and another to the Spurs in 1987 for David Robinson.

Take away two dumb luck twist of the ping pong balls and what are the Spurs sounding like today? Not bragging about 3 championships, that's for damn sure.... you just described every team in the history of the sport! Great reasoning there bro! Let me tell you something, I'm not looking down on the Suns, I'm looking down on their fans!! For a period of two weeks we here have seen you people belittle the Spurs' accomplishments simply because you disagree with one controversial call (which wasn't even controversial in the first place IMO). Suns fans have bitched so loud, and for so long that now the Spurs, the most consistantly successful franchise in all of pro sports, are now in danger of being considered "dirty"... and for what?? for a foul that wasn't that bad in the first place!

What you people have proven is that you are without a doubt, the most consistantly annoying, irritating bunch of whiners in this league. Go cry some more on your bad fortune, and leave us "dirty" yearly title contenders to our mischievous ways :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
That is because no reasonable person could dispute that the Suns got robbed.no son, the Suns didn't get robbed, they robbed themselves!

jag
http://zembla.cementhorizon.com/archives/horry.jpg

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

OH SHIT

Chandler Mike
Yes I agree, we're all homers in one way or the other, but the difference between US and YOU is that WE don't ban people for expressing their point of view. I don't mean troll, I mean simply stating an opinion in a polite manner. You people ban anyone that has any opinion other than "the Suns got robbed", "the Suns are the best" etc. That is BLIND homerism.

Actually, that is not entirely true.

Yes, some of you come over and have been okay...but while you see one guy get banned who was legit, we've banned 100 others who have done nothing but bash the Suns and want to cause problems. Some of these guys get banned and then reregister.

You have to understand we were getting more traffic that we usually get and we try to keep it somewhat under control.

I know we've probably banned some people who didn't deserve it, and I'm sorry about that, but the reason isn't because we think the Suns are the best, yadda, all that crap you just said, it's because we have A LOT of trolls come around this time of the year.

Extra Stout
05-23-2007, 10:17 AM

Take away two dumb luck twist of the ping pong balls and what are the Spurs sounding like today? Not bragging about 3 championships, that's for damn sure.
What exactly did you people do to get cursed so?
* Lost out on Kareem by a coin flip
* Got everyone's hopes up in 1976 only to flame out
* Garnered the best record in the West in 1980-81 only to flame out to a sub-.500 team
* Saw your team ripped apart by a cocaine scandal
* Lost out on David Robinson by one slot
* Had your hearts ripped out by John Paxson in 1993, completing an 0-3 home stint in the Finals
* Choked two years in a row against the Houston Rockets (is Mario Elie still in your nightmares?)
* Saw Backcourt 2000 collapse in a flurry of injuries and wife-beating

And now, just when it finally looked after Game 4 like the Suns had finally gotten over the hump against the Spurs, a freak incident causes your team to be crippled for a crucial Game 5, and lose the series.

Now your team is in a salary-cap bind that can only be loosed by weakening the team, and pretty much ending hopes of a title in the Steve Nash era.

You thought you had a coup to get Atlanta's draft pick and reload seamlessly, but you crapped out despite 8 to 1 odds in your favor.

Apparently God hates the Phoenix Suns. What did you do to incur his wrath? How do you live with knowing the Suns will never win it all in your lifetime, and will fall short in the most excruciating way possible time and time again?

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 10:19 AM
... you just described every team in the history of the sport! Great reasoning there bro! Let me tell you something, I'm not looking down on the Suns, I'm looking down on their fans!! For a period of two weeks we here have seen you people belittle the Spurs' accomplishments simply because you disagree with one controversial call (which wasn't even controversial in the first place IMO). Suns fans have bitched so loud, and for so long that now the Spurs, the most consistantly successful franchise in all of pro sports, are now in danger of being considered "dirty"... and for what?? for a foul that wasn't that bad in the first place!

What you people have proven is that you are without a doubt, the most consistantly annoying, irritating bunch of whiners in this league. Go cry some more on your bad fortune, and leave us "dirty" yearly title contenders to our mischievous ways :rolleyes

I think you raise an interesting issue about Suns fans whining, but the reason you think it's so bad is because those complaints were echoed by almost EVERY major sports person in the country...

It wasn't just Suns fans whining, it was most of sports. Dan Patrick, Barkley, Bill Simmons, etc.

Include all of them too in your complaints.

And yes, we whined...and complained. But listen. I know Raja Bell plays a bit dirty sometimes, flopping and whatnot, and I know Bruce Bowen and Ginoboli do that same stuff.

The thing is, we are fans of our teams. We're always going to love the guy on our side.

And while the decision to ban our guys was the right move and call by Stern, I find it hard to believe that you intelligent fans can't see how hard that was on us.

Horry does what he did, and we lose two guys. Our guys were dumb for getting off the bench, but it still sucked that it happened because of what Horry did.

Anyways...I wish you could see our side of it. And I do think the Spurs are a great, great team. Duncan is so underrated as an MVP-type player...he's been solid for so long and people just glaze over him and look at Nash, James, Kobe, etc.

Gaddabout
05-23-2007, 10:20 AM
... you just described every team in the history of the sport! Great reasoning there bro! Let me tell you something, I'm not looking down on the Suns, I'm looking down on their fans!! For a period of two weeks we here have seen you people belittle the Spurs' accomplishments simply because you disagree with one controversial call (which wasn't even controversial in the first place IMO). Suns fans have bitched so loud, and for so long that now the Spurs, the most consistantly successful franchise in all of pro sports, are now in danger of being considered "dirty"... and for what?? for a foul that wasn't that bad in the first place!

Well, I thought I was fairly well-behaved here and wrote nothing but kind words for the Spurs. The fans who were banned at ASFN could barely hold their contempt for the Suns.

I'm not sure why you singled out Mike, other than you're just miffed you've lost a place to flex your improperly inflated ego. The fact you took the time to write out this gloat here is evident your own brand of homerism needs to stay among Spurs fans. Anything like this on my board and I would've banned you, too.

jag
05-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Actually, that is not entirely true.

Yes, some of you come over and have been okay...but while you see one guy get banned who was legit, we've banned 100 others who have done nothing but bash the Suns and want to cause problems. Some of these guys get banned and then reregister.

You have to understand we were getting more traffic that we usually get and we try to keep it somewhat under control.

I know we've probably banned some people who didn't deserve it, and I'm sorry about that, but the reason isn't because we think the Suns are the best, yadda, all that crap you just said, it's because we have A LOT of trolls come around this time of the year.

hey stfu, all you guys do is bitch, i think i've met one suns fan online that i've liked, and it's not you. so 99% of you are whiney little ho's who make mark cuban look like a grown man.

ALL you guys went out like pussies and you continue to go out like pussies.

:(

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 10:28 AM
hey stfu, all you guys do is bitch, i think i've met one suns fan online that i've liked, and it's not you. so 99% of you are whiney little ho's who make mark cuban look like a grown man.

ALL you guys went out like pussies and you continue to go out like pussies.

:(

Well, that was totally uncalled for...

OldDirtMcGirt
05-23-2007, 10:34 AM
What exactly did you people do to get cursed so?
* Lost out on Kareem by a coin flip
* Got everyone's hopes up in 1976 only to flame out
* Garnered the best record in the West in 1980-81 only to flame out to a sub-.500 team
* Saw your team ripped apart by a cocaine scandal
* Lost out on David Robinson by one slot
* Had your hearts ripped out by John Paxson in 1993, completing an 0-3 home stint in the Finals
* Choked two years in a row against the Houston Rockets (is Mario Elie still in your nightmares?)
* Saw Backcourt 2000 collapse in a flurry of injuries and wife-beating

And now, just when it finally looked after Game 4 like the Suns had finally gotten over the hump against the Spurs, a freak incident causes your team to be crippled for a crucial Game 5, and lose the series.

Now your team is in a salary-cap bind that can only be loosed by weakening the team, and pretty much ending hopes of a title in the Steve Nash era.

You thought you had a coup to get Atlanta's draft pick and reload seamlessly, but you crapped out despite 8 to 1 odds in your favor.

Apparently God hates the Phoenix Suns. What did you do to incur his wrath? How do you live with knowing the Suns will never win it all in your lifetime, and will fall short in the most excruciating way possible time and time again?

Psh that's nothing. I root for the Arizona Cardlinas.
:lol

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, I thought I was fairly well-behaved here and wrote nothing but kind words for the Spurs. The fans who were banned at ASFN could barely hold their contempt for the Suns.

I'm not sure why you singled out Mike, other than you're just miffed you've lost a place to flex your improperly inflated ego. The fact you took the time to write out this gloat here is evident your own brand of homerism needs to stay among Spurs fans. Anything like this on my board and I would've banned you, too.I didn't single out Mike, I don't have a clue who he is, other than the fact he mods over in that board. I was just rejoicing in the Suns fans misery, and Mikes little article there just happened to be the first example I could find.

By the way, I was banned from your little board, and I showed nothing but respect for your team. I introduced myself politely and you people nearly chewed my head off simply because I registered.

As for my improperly inflated ego, it comes from a decade of my team consistantly being among the best in pro sports, where, pray tell, does your's come from?

You have no respect for other people's opinion. Here's a little example of what gets you banned in your board.

Series ends in SA on Friday.

Good run by the Suns, though. Be proud of your team!I'm not making this up, this was the actual post that got one of us banned from your site

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:39 AM
http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90721

Addendum:
Not just blatant trolling, however, those who insist are claiming that us Suns fans do not have a illegitimate gripe and contest any remarks in that regards will be banned. We have every right to rant/vent. This ruling is emphatic expletive, expletive.....

yes... entirely objective. I guess you like your subjectivity with NBA rulings as well as message board rules huh?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Good effort by the Suns. Hope you guys enjoyed your last home game of the season. Later.

yet another example of what it takes to get banned in your board. Yes, indeed, preposterous that he should say that

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Anything like this on my board and I would've banned you, too.

by the way... I REST MY CASE!

Gaddabout
05-23-2007, 10:47 AM

I'd like to think I've got a few more years under my belt, and the Suns make one great run at least once a decade. That said, we've just about run out of methods at undoing the curse. People wonder why the Suns have been so committed to running the ball for so long -- it's because we've always been just shy of landing a legitimate big man. Rather than settle for mediocre with a conventional attack, the Suns have been plucky in putting together strong teams that run the ball. It's why the Suns have been so consistently successful over the years without actually winning it all: Management has always been able to overcome those obstacles to put a winner on the floor. It just hasn't figured out how to put a champ-een on the floor.

I give all due credit to the Spurs. NBA history is replete with teams who've squandered great fortune of talent, even occasionally with great big men. Ewing never won a championship. The Spurs have held it together, though, so my hats off to them.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, this latest post by the guy who told me to "stfu" was classy...

I tried to be nice, but forget it...they aren't worth it.

I'm so shocked the amount of swearing and stuff that goes on...that is what degrades a messageboard into a bunch of childish posts.
Notice how I haven't insulted you Mike, and if you bothered to lift my ban from your little board, I would gladly have a civilized conversation with you over there. Question is, can you handle it?

Budkin
05-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Karma sucks doesn't it Suns... eat it.

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 10:50 AM
What I hate is the sense of entitlement that Suns fans have. Regular season records to not equate with NBA titles. Just ask Mavs fan.

If it makes you feel better, go make youself a Suns t-shirt with something like "the REAL champions" on it or something. But, for now, just go away.

naico
05-23-2007, 10:55 AM

Mike

Good post!

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 10:56 AM
What I find interesting is Mike wondering how is it that us Spurs fans can't sympathize with what they are feeling, and all the while conveniently leaving out the fact Suns fans have been insulting the Spurs ever since Horry went bye-bye. Maybe thats the reason us Spurs fans don't feel like sympathising with someone that is insulting us in the first place. If you people would have just taken the ruling and complained about your boneheaded players, or David Stern's stuborness to bend the rules in your favor, then perhaps we would have agreed...

Saguaro
05-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I'd like to think I've got a few more years under my belt, and the Suns make one great run at least once a decade. That said, we've just about run out of methods at undoing the curse. People wonder why the Suns have been so committed to running the ball for so long -- it's because we've always been just shy of landing a legitimate big man. Rather than settle for mediocre with a conventional attack, the Suns have been plucky in putting together strong teams that run the ball. It's why the Suns have been so consistently successful over the years without actually winning it all: Management has always been able to overcome those obstacles to put a winner on the floor. It just hasn't figured out how to put a champ-een on the floor.

The Suns finally have a legit big man now. That's why the league has to cheat to keep the Suns from the championship.

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Yes its true some suns fans are bitches, some arent. Its like that will all teams. I just dont like your Coach and Amare, Marion. I have nothing against you guys, you root for your team and yeah we are all biased and think we get screwed and blah blah. We were singing that tune last year against Dallas, well at least I was. Although controversial at times Bowen is a great defender and doesnt play "dirty". The same crap can be said about Raja Bell. Manu flops yes...but everyteam has a flopper....you guys have Nash. Horry fouled nash somewhat hard, but for nash to cry on the ground like someone shot him, come on. It was a rough series on both sides. Yes your coach bitches all the time, you guys are just lucky that he didnt get T's all day. I would say if you want to blame anyone on losing I can tell you who to blame.... AMARE!! He is a great player as far as talent goes, but isnt very bright. He made stupid fouls at the wrong times. He broke a BIG rule in the NBA by leaving the bench. He was frustrated and called the spurs "DIRTY" which in my opinion backfired. He didnt even have the class and balls to show good sportsmanship at the end when you just walked off. If you guys want to get to the Finals next year he needs to shape up. Do I think you guys have a championship caliber team........... YEAH, but some things need to change with Amare. Nash and Barbosa can't do it alone while Amare sits on the bench in foul trouble pondering what idiotic thing he can say to justify his stupid ass on court decisions. As far as the draft thing.....come one seriously, do you really think it was rigged just to screw you guys?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
By the way, Mike here continued the conversation over at ASFN

here's the link http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91316

Now we can all communicate better

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
What I find interesting is Mike wondering how is it that us Spurs fans can't sympathize with what they are feeling, and all the while conveniently leaving out the fact Suns fans have been insulting the Spurs ever since Horry went bye-bye. Maybe thats the reason us Spurs fans don't feel like sympathising with someone that is insulting us in the first place. If you people would have just taken the ruling and complained about your boneheaded players, or David Stern's stuborness to bend the rules in your favor, then perhaps we would have agreed...

Well, I'm not sure how you can approve of what Horry did, but I know you are a Spurs fan, so maybe I'd be the same way. I dunno.

But you have to see our side of it...of course we're going to be hating on Horry after that...Nash is our guy, our MVP, we LOVE him, and to see him hit like that sucked.

Still, we'd have been over it a minute later when we won if we hadn't all been thinking that Amare and Boris were getting suspended over that.

No one would be hating on Horry as much, that's for sure.

And while it's not his fault, he made the hard foul which caused the entire situation. And I promise that ANY of you on a basketball team and your #1 player gets hard fouled like that, would have a hard time restraining themselves.

It's the playoffs...it's emotional, and they got suspended for acting like any human being instinctively would.

My only problem with the rule is this: When the playoffs start, things change. They allow players to be a bit more physical, and get away with more. You can yell at the refs and they wont throw you a technical as quickly as they would in the regular season. They do that because they know players are under more pressure, there is more emotion.

But when it comes to this one rule, there is absolutely no leeway. Nothing to say "Well, yeah, but look at how their leader got body slammed...it's the playoffs, cut them slack, they didn't do anything anyways."

That's why it cuts deep for me.

samikeyp
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
The Suns finally have a legit big man now. That's why the league has to cheat to keep the Suns from the championship.

Following a rule is cheating? Ok.

The rule sucks and needs to be changed but is a rule nonetheless.

I don't like it when an opposing fan (like many of the Suns and Mavs fans who post here) generalizes about the entire Spurs fanbase so I won't do it here. We have had some really bitchy Suns fans here but at the same time some good ones too. The bitchy ones I could care less about but I understand the passion and anger of the good Suns fans. This board blows up after a Spurs loss, especially a playoff loss...and after the WCSF last year? Oy...it was crazy. If the situation was reversed, a lot of Spurs fans would be just as angry.

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes its true some suns fans are bitches, some arent. Its like that will all teams. I just dont like your Coach and Amare, Marion. I have nothing against you guys, you root for your team and yeah we are all biased and think we get screwed and blah blah. We were singing that tune last year against Dallas, well at least I was. Although controversial at times Bowen is a great defender and doesnt play "dirty". The same crap can be said about Raja Bell. Manu flops yes...but everyteam has a flopper....you guys have Nash. Horry fouled nash somewhat hard, but for nash to cry on the ground like someone shot him, come on. It was a rough series on both sides. Yes your coach bitches all the time, you guys are just lucky that he didnt get T's all day. I would say if you want to blame anyone on losing I can tell you who to blame.... AMARE!! He is a great player as far as talent goes, but isnt very bright. He made stupid fouls at the wrong times. He broke a BIG rule in the NBA by leaving the bench. He was frustrated and called the spurs "DIRTY" which in my opinion backfired. He didnt even have the class and balls to show good sportsmanship at the end when you just walked off. If you guys want to get to the Finals next year he needs to shape up. Do I think you guys have a championship caliber team........... YEAH, but some things need to change with Amare. Nash and Barbosa can't do it alone while Amare sits on the bench in foul trouble pondering what idiotic thing he can say to justify his stupid ass on court decisions. As far as the draft thing.....come one seriously, do you really think it was rigged just to screw you guys?

We know it wasn't rigged :) If it was, I think the NBA would rather see a more run and gun, fun to watch offense get further.

Heck, you guys didn't even sell out your first game in this series...or so I heard...if you guys aren't pumped to come watch...

No, it wasn't rigged at all.

samikeyp
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM
My only problem with the rule is this: When the playoffs start, things change. They allow players to be a bit more physical, and get away with more. You can yell at the refs and they wont throw you a technical as quickly as they would in the regular season. They do that because they know players are under more pressure, there is more emotion.

But when it comes to this one rule, there is absolutely no leeway. Nothing to say "Well, yeah, but look at how their leader got body slammed...it's the playoffs, cut them slack, they didn't do anything anyways."

I would agree with that but I don't think they should change it just for the playoffs....I think it needs to be rewritten permanently.

samikeyp
05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
If it was rigged.....we would see a lot more Kobe. :(

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 11:51 AM
We know it wasn't rigged :) If it was, I think the NBA would rather see a more run and gun, fun to watch offense get further.

Heck, you guys didn't even sell out your first game in this series...or so I heard...if you guys aren't pumped to come watch...

No, it wasn't rigged at all.

Yeah your prob right, they would love to see higher scoring "exciting" games, but you know the golden rule. Defense wins championships, thats why it more than likely be Spurs Vs Detroit. Yeah about not selling out, it can be many things. 1 ticket prices are outrages. 2. Scalpers buy up all they can and try to sell to us fans that really want to go. 3. All that was left as far as tickets go were all high priced tickets, I can promise you all the upper balcony level stuff was sold out. 4. Its not only the spurs the sell the tickets, its also the competition. I mean not to dis-credit the Jazz but come on. If it was Dallas, or you guys there is no way you could get a ticket.

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, I'm not sure how you can approve of what Horry did, but I know you are a Spurs fan, so maybe I'd be the same way. I dunno.

But you have to see our side of it...of course we're going to be hating on Horry after that...Nash is our guy, our MVP, we LOVE him, and to see him hit like that sucked.

Still, we'd have been over it a minute later when we won if we hadn't all been thinking that Amare and Boris were getting suspended over that.

No one would be hating on Horry as much, that's for sure.

And while it's not his fault, he made the hard foul which caused the entire situation. And I promise that ANY of you on a basketball team and your #1 player gets hard fouled like that, would have a hard time restraining themselves.

It's the playoffs...it's emotional, and they got suspended for acting like any human being instinctively would.

Yeah... Horry hit him too hard... but if he would have flopped TOO... he wouldnt have been suspended a game...

(Nash flopped his ass off on that play, there is no denying it)

If he wouldn't have raised his elbow when getting confronted by Bell... he would have only been suspended one game...

I can imagine the consternation from Suns fan if THAT would have happend...

Fact is... we beat you shorthanded in game 6... not as shorthanded as you lost to us in game 5, but shorhanded nonetheless...

No one cried for us when Duncan (Through no fault of his own) went down in 2000 and we lost him FOR THE WHOLE POSTSEASON while we were trying to defend our first championship, and yet losing Amare and Boris for ONE GAME because of THEIR OWN ACTIONS gets you a week of national hankey time...

Listen... You are a good poster... I hope you stay here... you arent talking trash, but Suns fan like you is about 1 in 3 dozen.

Stick around... Post after the playoffs are over... a lot of these other spurs posters arent going to be here either...

This site has a lot of basketball knowledge on it and is one of the best on the web...

Two years ago we picked up a bunch of Detroit fans from the finals... they stayed...

We have a bunch of Sacto fans from round 1 last year...

We have a bunch of mavs fans... (most are trolls)

Non-whiney suns fan would be a great addition...

samikeyp
05-23-2007, 12:04 PM
:tu

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah... Horry hit him too hard... but if he would have flopped TOO... he wouldnt have been suspended a game...

If he wouldn't have raised his elbow when getting confronted by Bell... he would have only been suspended one game...

Fact is... we beat you shorthanded in game 6... not as shorthanded as you lost to us in game 5, but shorhanded nonetheless...

No one cried for us when Duncan (Through no fault of his own) went down in 2000 and we lost him FOR THE WHOLE POSTSEASON while we were trying to defend our first championship, and yet losing Amare and Boris for ONE GAME because of THEIR OWN ACTIONS gets you a week of national hankey time...

Listen... You are a good poster... I hope you stay here... you arent talking trash, but Suns fan like you is about 1 in 3 dozen.

Stick around... Post after the playoffs are over... a lot of these other spurs posters arent going to be here either...

This site has a lot of basketball knowledge on it and is one of the best on the web...

Two years ago we picked up a bunch of Detroit fans from the finals... they stayed...

Yeah I aggree, even though I am new and have been known to trash talk from time to time....mainly with trolls. It is great to be able to discuss and see other viewpoints from other fans. Don't be discouraged by those who just want to piss you guys off.

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 12:07 PM

Well thanks for that, but let me say this:

Nash flopped AFTER he hit that table and landed on his ass. That's when he flailed and laid on his back, his arms extended out behind him.

Before that, he did not flop...he got JACKED into that table :)

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Stay near the bench.

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Well thanks for that, but let me say this:

Nash flopped AFTER he hit that table and landed on his ass. That's when he flailed and laid on his back, his arms extended out behind him.

Before that, he did not flop...he got JACKED into that table :)

By comparing their sizes I think Horry could have Really JACKED nash a lot worse if he wanted too. I guess its hard to say without being Horry or Nash. Yes it unfortunate what came of that as a result. For you guys though it was just one game in a best of 7 series so its really hard to say that was the pivotal moment of the series. I would say us winning game 1 was more of a pivotal moment.

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Another thing you might want to tell posters on your site...

Complaining about officiating is the death rattle of the regular season contender...

You have to play through it...

Our team has remembered and not remembered to do that over the years...

Your team hasn't ever figured that out.

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Another thing you might want to tell posters on your site...

Complaining about officiating is the death rattle of the regular season contender...

You have to play through it...

Our team has remembered and not remembered to do that over the years...

Your team hasn't ever figured that out.

You mean your fans, or your team?

Because your players whine about fouls just as much as we do. Duncan's eyes get all BUG-EYED like he's never, ever committed a foul in his life:)

I actually think the Suns do a pretty good job of not getting upset about calls. It's impressed me about it. You hardly ever see Marion complain, or Leandro, etc.

But everyone complains about calls...it's just a fact of life when it comes to the NBA.

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Because your players whine about fouls just as much as we do. Duncan's eyes get all BUG-EYED like he's never, ever committed a foul in his life:)

I actually think the Suns do a pretty good job of not getting upset about calls. It's impressed me about it. You hardly ever see Marion complain, or Leandro, etc.

But everyone complains about calls...it's just a fact of life when it comes to the NBA.

I wish I could say the same about your coach :).

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 12:48 PM

Most players talk to the refs... I was talking about off the court...

Nash complained and yelled at the refs much more in this series than anyone on the Spurs. Duncan hardly said a word to a ref the whole series and Nash is yelling "BULLSHIT" in their face...

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2007, 12:53 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/r2884998388.jpg`

Man of Steel
05-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Mike

Mike--

I agree with you--regardless of how anyone feels about the rule, I know that it must suck when it applies to your team.

I still feel that the Spurs would have won.

But I also agree that if the Spurs were the ones that got penalized, I would be going nuts as well.

I know it was a rough week for the Suns, with the series and the draft.

Last year sucked for the Spurs when we lost to the Mavs when we got in a hole and fought so hard to climb out--only to foul Dirk on the play that ultimately sent the team into OT, where we lost.

You seem like a reasonable guy--I commend you, Mike

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2007, 01:09 PM
where's the pic of the crashed pheonix bandwagon when you need it

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Mike--

I agree with you--regardless of how anyone feels about the rule, I know that it must suck when it applies to your team.

But I also agree that if the Spurs were the ones that got penalized, I would be going nuts as well.

Last year sucked for the Spurs when we lost to the Mavs when we got in a hole and fought so hard to climb out--only to foul Dirk on the play that ultimately sent the team into OT, where we lost.

Last year was nothing compared to .4

I have little Sympathy for the Suns "losing because they broke a rule" when we lost because Fisher broke the space time continuum.

Man of Steel
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Do we have to gloat so much when a decent Suns fan comes here and posts a respectful reply.

I mean--

Do we really need to do that?!

I always thought that only Man fans did that stuff.

ATRAIN
05-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Last year was nothing compared to .4

I have little Sympathy for the Suns "losing because they broke a rule" when we lost because Fisher broke the space time continuum.

DAMN FISHER, wish we could play him again to get revenge........OH WAIT :).

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Do we have to gloat so much when a decent Suns fan comes here and posts a respectful reply.

I mean--

Do we really need to do that?!

I always thought that only Man fans did that stuff.

I wasn't gloating... if you were talking to me...

ambchang
05-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Would like to clear up somethings to fans unfamiliar with the Spurs:
a) Ginobili was hard-fouled (flagrant 1) by the Nuggets in the 1st round, and nobody left the bench. So no, not everybody leaves the bench when your team's best (or one of the best) player got hit.
b) The Nuggets series was much more physical than the Suns series, nobody whined about dirty play because neither teams are soft like the Suns.
c) Duncan and the rest of the Spurs hardly whines about calls in the playoffs anymore, because Popovich puts a lid on that, even though the Suns, an perimeter based team, outshot the Spurs, an inside oriented team, 2-1 at the FT line. On the other hand, D'antoni encourages through leading by example. How he escaped the series w/o a T is beyond me. Besides, Nash was on a warpath in Game 6, and nobody ever talks about that.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I think it's fairly bush league to kick other teams' fans when they're down. And undoubtedly, Suns fans are down right now. Spurs fans have been through some of the highest of highs and some of the lowest of lows in the last few years; of all fan groups, you'd think that ours would be at least somewhat sympathetic to what Suns fans are going through at the moment. I think sometimes that there's a lack of understanding of that sort of context that leads to the sort of name-calling silliness that we see around this forum from time to time.

It was a great series. It was a shame that either team had to lose. But, in the end, I'm convinced that the better team won the series.

Along the same lines, I'm dismayed by the willingness of some Suns fans to discredit the Spurs' accomplishment in winning that series. I think that unwillingness -- the failure to respect the Spurs' victory -- is what breeds so much of the hostility. I can't convince a lot Suns fans to believe that they weren't screwed over; and I can't convince a lot Suns fans that the Spurs were the better team in that series. But I don't think it does much good for the hope of finding civility for Suns fans to continually diminish the Spurs' accomplishment and to maintain that there's somehow no doubt that the Suns' would have won the series sans the perfectly valid suspensions.

Frankly, I feel their pain, even if I don't buy their arguments.

I hope that the good Suns' fans will stay in our midst and continue to talk basketball. Diverse viewpoints always make for good arguments.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 02:10 PM
If they're whining, I'm gloating.

Xylus
05-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Basketball message boards have to be the most hateful types of forums on the internet.

Why can't we all just get along?

PHXSpursFan
05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Imagine living in the same town as these whiny losers. You think the fans are bad, listen to the talk radio. The Suns never lose, they are always stolen from.
The board in question is just a place for idiots. I lurk there because I'm a Dbax fan. I did love laughing at their misery though. This Chandler Mike is a whiny ass nerd. Go read some of his posts, he jacks off to anything any of the chicks over there say.
The banning over there is ridiculous. They banned Spurs fans for being smart. Yet, they all claim to beat up other fans. You guys ever read some posts by that illeterate idiot who threatens to fight fans in one post then posts how he loves everybody in the next.

Xylus
05-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Hate, hate, and more hate.

Slomo
05-23-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/deuce_yogi_suns.jpg

td4mvp21
05-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I think it's fairly bush league to kick other teams' fans when they're down. And undoubtedly, Suns fans are down right now. Spurs fans have been through some of the highest of highs and some of the lowest of lows in the last few years; of all fan groups, you'd think that ours would be at least somewhat sympathetic to what Suns fans are going through at the moment. I think sometimes that there's a lack of understanding of that sort of context that leads to the sort of name-calling silliness that we see around this forum from time to time.

It was a great series. It was a shame that either team had to lose. But, in the end, I'm convinced that the better team won the series.

Along the same lines, I'm dismayed by the willingness of some Suns fans to discredit the Spurs' accomplishment in winning that series. I think that unwillingness -- the failure to respect the Spurs' victory -- is what breeds so much of the hostility. I can't convince a lot Suns fans to believe that they weren't screwed over; and I can't convince a lot Suns fans that the Spurs were the better team in that series. But I don't think it does much good for the hope of finding civility for Suns fans to continually diminish the Spurs' accomplishment and to maintain that there's somehow no doubt that the Suns' would have won the series sans the perfectly valid suspensions.

I hope that the good Suns' fans will stay in our midst and continue to talk basketball. Diverse viewpoints always make for good arguments.

After how their team acted and how much shit they spewed? Yeah fucking right. They got what they deserved -a second round playoff exit.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-23-2007, 04:32 PM

I hope that the good Suns' fans will stay in our midst and continue to talk basketball. Diverse viewpoints always make for good arguments.I agree to some extent. Their whining is the reason for the contempt, at least in my case. If they had taken the loss with humility, and perhaps bitched about the rule instead of insulting the Spurs' integrity, then I honestly would not hold any grudge. They are a great team, bitching and whining aside.

Mike, you really do seem like a stand up dude, but you're trying to excuse bullshit behavior. Its alright to feel like shit after losing a series like that, but Suns fans didn't have to crap all over the Spurs because of it.

I still think your board is way too strict, you should really lighten up on the banning. Other than that, I hope you find it in yourself to stick around and discuss basketball here. Like someone before said, knowledgeable Suns fans are always welcome. I know you don't like all the profanity going around in this board, and thats understandable, it really is, but we have some insightful posters here that don't resort to insults to make their point. I for one have to work on that :lol but some things get on my nerves, and the cursing just comes natural. Either way, hope you stay.

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I think you raise an interesting issue about Suns fans whining, but the reason you think it's so bad is because those complaints were echoed by almost EVERY major sports person in the country...

It wasn't just Suns fans whining, it was most of sports. Dan Patrick, Barkley, Bill Simmons, etc.

Include all of them too in your complaints.

And yes, we whined...and complained. But listen. I know Raja Bell plays a bit dirty sometimes, flopping and whatnot, and I know Bruce Bowen and Ginoboli do that same stuff.

The thing is, we are fans of our teams. We're always going to love the guy on our side.

And while the decision to ban our guys was the right move and call by Stern, I find it hard to believe that you intelligent fans can't see how hard that was on us.

Horry does what he did, and we lose two guys. Our guys were dumb for getting off the bench, but it still sucked that it happened because of what Horry did.

Anyways...I wish you could see our side of it. And I do think the Spurs are a great, great team. Duncan is so underrated as an MVP-type player...he's been solid for so long and people just glaze over him and look at Nash, James, Kobe, etc.
So you just want sympathy? Understanding? Pity? For acting childish and pathetic? Tough. Grow up.

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Okay. I'll bite. Why exactly would the league be interested in cheating to hold
the Suns down? Why? You say they want to. Why?

BreezeHillBill
05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
So you just want sympathy? Understanding? Pity? For acting childish and pathetic? Tough. Grow up.
Read some Jazz fan posts and try to soak up some tips on class.

sabar
05-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Chandler Mike has a point but, when a franchise somehow makes the entire nation and media turn on you, it's hard to let them go.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Spurs fans, Spurs fans, Spurs fans, I have lived in Phoenix all of my life and am very much a SUNS fan. This is the hardest year I can remember being a fan. It just plain hurts, BECAUSE WE GOT SCREWED!!!
Im not here to change your mind.(dont believe me) I love the NBA. I dont blame the Spurs(or their fans). I hate the double standard!! By now the SUNS fans are ready to overcome!
I even like Stern. for the most part. I believe he makes a basketball first decision 98% of the time. If you wanna bash me for being a SUNS fan, I understand. Lets look at things the way they are. Because of a play that went after our MVP by Robert Horry. (who the SUNS hate any way) The SUNS got penalized more than called for. I wanted a sreies that was as pure as possible and I think the only way to achieve that was a game seven. If the SUNS lost in a game seven when all players were there, believe me or not we wouldnt feel as slighted.
SUNS in 2008!!! I sound like a CARDS fan. GO SUNS!!!

Like NASH said " NOW WE WILL NEVER KNOW"

DDS4
05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
That is because no reasonable person could dispute that the Suns got robbed.

Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile, we'll see you in 2008 sans Marion.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
The SUNS got penalized more than called for.They were penalized exactly according to what was called for.
I wanted a sreies that was as pure as possible and I think the only way to achieve that was a game seven.The only way to achieve that was for Amare and Boris to not break the rules.

Stay near the bench.

Soul_Patch
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
If the SUNS lost in a game seven when all players were there, believe me or not we wouldnt feel as slighted.

What about a loss in game 6, game 1, game 3..when your whole squad was there.

that wasnt convincing?

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM

Totally agree there :)

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Mike--

I actually was very worried that the Suns were in trouble facing the Spurs before the series started. Honestly, I didn't think we could win. But winning on the road in Game 4 changed that for me. I thought maybe we had gotten over the hump against you guys, cause you freaking OWN us :)

So the suspensions coming really was a kick in the nuts.

And you guys might have won anyways, who knows. I agree there.

mavsfan1000
05-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Spurs fans, Spurs fans, Spurs fans, I have lived in Phoenix all of my life and am very much a SUNS fan. This is the hardest year I can remember being a fan. It just plain hurts, BECAUSE WE GOT SCREWED!!!
Im not here to change your mind.(dont believe me) I love the NBA. I dont blame the Spurs(or their fans). I hate the double standard!! By now the SUNS fans are ready to overcome!
I even like Stern. for the most part. I believe he makes a basketball first decision 98% of the time. If you wanna bash me for being a SUNS fan, I understand. Lets look at things the way they are. Because of a play that went after our MVP by Robert Horry. (who the SUNS hate any way) The SUNS got penalized more than called for. I wanted a sreies that was as pure as possible and I think the only way to achieve that was a game seven. If the SUNS lost in a game seven when all players were there, believe me or not we wouldnt feel as slighted.

I agree man. The spurs barely beat a suns team in game 5 without 2 key players. I think they could've made the difference and I like the suns chances at home in game 7.

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Imagine living in the same town as these whiny losers. You think the fans are bad, listen to the talk radio. The Suns never lose, they are always stolen from.
The board in question is just a place for idiots. I lurk there because I'm a Dbax fan. I did love laughing at their misery though. This Chandler Mike is a whiny ass nerd. Go read some of his posts, he jacks off to anything any of the chicks over there say.
The banning over there is ridiculous. They banned Spurs fans for being smart. Yet, they all claim to beat up other fans. You guys ever read some posts by that illeterate idiot who threatens to fight fans in one post then posts how he loves everybody in the next.

hahahahah

I'd ban you over there too for a post like this :)

clambake
05-23-2007, 05:10 PM
The fans will get over it sooner than the networks. ESPN and Fox Sports just can't seem to let it go. They must be riding on some kind of nationwide fan sentiment. If only other fans weren't allowed to have opinion, then everything would be peachy.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I wanted a sreies that was as pure as possible and I think the only way to achieve that was a game seven.

Like ChumpDumper said, what you think is irrelevant. One other way to achieve a pure series was for Amare and Diaw to maintain their cool and stay in the vicinity of the bench. Other teams manage to do that -- I'm not entirely sure why Suns fans believe that their team is somehow entitled to special treatment from the league. Had Amare and Diaw done what they were supposed to -- had they done what players on every other team somehow manage to do when altercations occur -- the only penalty inflicted on the play would have been Horry's ejection/suspension. Instead, two young players acted foolishly and now an entire fan base believes that the league should have bailed them out.

I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again:

1. Had it been Piatkowski and Jumaine Jones who got up and raced towards Nash, would you have been so insistent that suspensions weren't warranted?

2. Had the Suns been up 3 games to 1 (or had the Spurs been up 3 games to 1), would you have been so insistent that the suspensions weren't warranted?

I don't think penalties should be doled out based on who's involved in the incident and when the incident occurs. Maybe I'm wrong -- maybe the league should treat important players differently than role players. I don't think that's a particularly good policy. Maybe the league should assess a mandatory penalty differently if someone makes a subjective judgment that the game in question is too important to a team's chances. Again, though, I'm not a big fan of asking the league to make exceptions because of the circumstances.

It's a simple rule -- stay near the bench when there's an altercation. Every team knows it; most players on most teams don't violate it. In every altercation, there will be an instigator who is in the wrong. Here it was Horry (perhaps). But the fact that the instigator is on the other team doesn't give players carte blanche to violate a rule that is consistently applied across the league.

As much as I feel your pain, Suns fans, I don't understand your incessant whining.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 05:11 PM
The only way to achieve that was for Amare and Boris to not break the rules.

Stay near the bench.
Ok, we can go back and forth Amare, Horry, Diaw, Stern. The question is are Spurs fans happy that this was the outcome? I dont think so. I know you love your Spurs. Im not asking for you to stick up for them.

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree to some extent. Their whining is the reason for the contempt, at least in my case. If they had taken the loss with humility, and perhaps bitched about the rule instead of insulting the Spurs' integrity, then I honestly would not hold any grudge. They are a great team, bitching and whining aside.

Mike, you really do seem like a stand up dude, but you're trying to excuse bullshit behavior. Its alright to feel like shit after losing a series like that, but Suns fans didn't have to crap all over the Spurs because of it.

I still think your board is way too strict, you should really lighten up on the banning. Other than that, I hope you find it in yourself to stick around and discuss basketball here. Like someone before said, knowledgeable Suns fans are always welcome. I know you don't like all the profanity going around in this board, and thats understandable, it really is, but we have some insightful posters here that don't resort to insults to make their point. I for one have to work on that :lol but some things get on my nerves, and the cursing just comes natural. Either way, hope you stay.

I agree as well. But we crapped all over you guys because we feel something was stolen from us...it's so hard to wait all year for the playoffs with so much hope, and then to have it cruelly ripped from your grasp.

I know you can understand that.

We know deep down it's not your fault. Sure, we'll hate Robert Horry forever, but we did already :) We know Amare should sit down, the guy is a loose cannon and can't even stay out of freaking foul trouble.

I'm not excusing our behavior...but there are a few things that were frustrating in this series which really brought it out.

1. Bruce Bowen is a great defender, but he had his hands on Nash about 95% of the time and we all know hand checking was supposed to be a foul now, but they weren't calling it. It definitely hindered Nash and that's why he was so frustrated with calls sometimes, yelling at the refs.

(yes, I know he can flop a bit, but half the time I think he flops on those charges so that he doesn't get severely injured :) )

And also the kick on Amare's foot and the knee to Nash's groin. Ouch.

2. The suspensions which never would have happened if Horry had just grabbed him like everyone else did. But, he didn't make our guys jump up.

It was just a hard series. And even if the Suns would have never won it regardless of the suspensions, I just WISH I could have seen that series.

Mike

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM

I don't want it...I just was hoping you guys would at least get where we are coming from and not trash us like we're idiots (even though some of us are :) )

I'm fine with all this, no growing up needed :)

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 05:17 PM

I'm so tired of the assumption that you guys would've won at "full strength".

As much as Sun fan hates to admit it, the two people most responsible for their early offseason are (in no particular order)

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20070507/MikeD_75249.jpg

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070517/070517_stoudemire_vmed_6p.widec.jpg

leemajors
05-23-2007, 05:20 PM
i didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the new suns fans, outside of DirtMcGirt (if he was new, i can't remember). the older ones that stuck like xylus, jmark, billscarnage, azlouis, etc always brought something to the table. even RonMexico is good for humor most of the time.

PHXSpursFan
05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
hahahahah

I know you would. You prove to be the bitch you are painted as. If it wasn't for the baseball talk your site would be completely worthless. You better go ban some more people, right now you have a drunken idiot threatening to fight people. I find you to be a person of very low morality. Keep hiding behind your bible.

Xylus
05-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I hope the Suns have a productive offseason.

clambake
05-23-2007, 05:26 PM
What's strange is how they jump all over Amare and Diaw for being stupid and immature. The spurs owe their victory to the stupidity and immaturity, oh, and Sterns heavily biased decision. Let it go.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Ok, we can go back and forth Amare, Horry, Diaw, Stern.Except you will never be able to explain why the rules shouldn't apply to your team.
The question is are Spurs fans happy that this was the outcome? I dont think so.You're wrong. I'm quite happy.
I know you love your Spurs. Im not asking for you to stick up for them.Stay near the bench.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 05:30 PM
What's strange is how they jump all over Amare and Diaw for being stupid and immature. The spurs owe their victory to the stupidity and immaturity, oh, and Sterns heavily biased decision. Let it go.You've never explained how it was "heavily biased."

And acting like Stern made the decision is entertaining for conspiracists, but wholly inaccurate.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm so tired of the assumption that you guys would've won at "full strength".

As much as Sun fan hates to admit it, the two people most responsible for their early offseason are (in no particular order)

Now I never said that we would have won, You did. I just said I wanted to see a pure game.

Chandler Mike
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I know you would. You prove to be the bitch you are painted as. If it wasn't for the baseball talk your site would be completely worthless. You better go ban some more people, right now you have a drunken idiot threatening to fight people. I find you to be a person of very low morality. Keep hiding behind your bible.

You seem to be someone over there who hasn't got the guts to tell me who you really are...throwing around insults like that.

Step up...what's your username over there?

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Except you will never be able to explain why the rules shouldn't apply to your team.You're wrong. I'm quite happy.Stay near the bench.
All I can say is... Are you even in High school yet? Grow up.

judaspriestess
05-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Addendum:
Not just blatant trolling, however, those who insist are claiming that us Suns fans do not have a illegitimate gripe and contest any remarks in that regards will be banned. We have every right to rant/vent. This ruling is emphatic expletive, expletive.....

:lol illegitimate????

you got that right, it is a VERY VERY illegitimate gripe. Talk about a FREUDIAN slip :dizzy

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 05:43 PM
All I can say is... Are you even in High school yet? Grow up.You asked if I was happy with the outcome. I said yes.

And my point that sunfan has never made a credible case why NBA rules shouldn't apply to their players is completely valid.

Since you want to make this about me, I can only conclude that you have no real argument concerning the conference semifinal series.

clambake
05-23-2007, 05:43 PM
You've never explained how it was "heavily biased."
Because I can't. I wasn't on the inside.

And acting like Stern made the decision is entertaining for conspiracists, but wholly inaccurate.
Not likely to get to the bottom of the decision. I was just commenting on how sports fans and networks keep bringing it up. Why do they do that?

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 05:49 PM
You asked if I was happy with the outcome. I said yes.

And my point that sunfan has never made a credible case why NBA rules shouldn't apply to their players is completely valid.

Since you want to make this about me, I can only conclude that you have no real argument concerning the conference semifinal series.
What are you talking about? I never said that! All I said is I wanted to see as pure as a game as possible. Are you saying all of this because I am a SUNS fan? I know the SUNS will be back next year. I am just hurt on the outcomes of this season. Not just the suspensions.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Because I can't.Thank you for that admission.

Not likely to get to the bottom of the decision.What is there to get to the bottom of? The action was reviewed and the folks that enforce the rules enforced them. Stern doesn't review tape.
I was just commenting on how sports fans and networks keep bringing it up. Why do they do that?Everyone enjoys bitching about something. Why not this?

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsupkid

Ok, we can go back and forth Amare, Horry, Diaw, Stern.

Except you will never be able to explain why the rules shouldn't apply to your team.
Quote:

The question is are Spurs fans happy that this was the outcome? I dont think so.

You're wrong. I'm quite happy.
Quote:

I know you love your Spurs. Im not asking for you to stick up for them.

Stay near the bench.

The above is why I said grow up.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 05:54 PM
What are you talking about? I never said that! All I said is I wanted to see as pure as a game as possible.And your inference was that the game would have been "pure" had the bench rules that have been in effect for over a decade not applied to your team.
Are you saying all of this because I am a SUNS fan? I say this to pretty much anyone who is still whining about the bench rule.
I know the SUNS will be back next year. How do you KNOW?
I am just hurt on the outcomes of this season. Not just the suspensions.What does that mean? What else "hurt" you?

clambake
05-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Thank you for that admission.
You're welcome. It's just that the question keeps coming up to Stern and me thinks he duth protest too much.

Everyone enjoys bitching about something. Why not this?
How about "Why this"? Why has this become the focus from coast to coast?

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
ChumpDumper
No, that wasn't me.

Position: Dominant Center
Team: Atlanta Hawks.

I can see that all you want is to start crap. Im done with you. I will give my view points and talk to someone less confrontational.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
It's just that the question keeps coming up to Stern and me thinks he duth protest too much.He answers the questions. What else is he supposed to do?

How about "Why this"? Why has this become the focus from coast to coast?Widespread ignorance of NBA rules and the reasons for their existence.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 06:01 PM
I can see that all you want is to start crap. Im done with you. I will give my view points and talk to someone less confrontational.Good luck with that.

Try whining less.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm going to whine about this until someone on this board agrees with me, but since that isn't going to happen -- because I don't really have any sort of a rational or logical argument -- I'm going to complain about how I'm being treated by someone who makes a straightforward and consistent argument all the while dodging the question about why the league should treat my team and its players differently than every other team in the league.

fixed.

SpursDynasty
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
As Commissioner Stern said yesterday, people are making the rule to be more difficult than it is: If you leave the bench during an altercation, you're suspended. PERIOD. Look no further into it, that's how it's enforced. Phoenix fans need to STFU, you had Game 6 with Amare and Diaw in it to try and win, and you didn't. Suns have been largely overrated all season just because of a superior record against junk teams and Eastern Conference teams. The Spurs had a better record vs. the West than Phoenix.

Someone answer this: If Amare and Diaw weren't suspended, how in the hell would the NBA enforce that rule in the future?

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
As Commissioner Stern said yesterday, people are making the rule to be more difficult than it is: If you leave the bench during an altercation, you're suspended. PERIOD. Look no further into it, that's how it's enforced. Phoenix fans need to STFU, you had Game 6 with Amare and Diaw in it to try and win, and you didn't. Suns have been largely overrated all season just because of a superior record against junk teams and Eastern Conference teams.

An entire post from Jeff without the word "fluke" anywhere.

clambake
05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
He answers the questions. What else is he supposed to do?
Maybe if he didn't act so upset about his lame decision being challenged, all the better.

Widespread ignorance of NBA rules and the reasons for their existence.
Do you think it would help if these MSM sports and news channels put more focus on the stupity of the 95% of fans? They'd also have to blame themselves, wouldn't you agree?

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
An entire post from Jeff without the word "fluke" anywhere.I think he told them to shut the fluke up.

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
oooo... Trinity Graduate 1 Suns Fandom 0

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Maybe if he didn't act so upset about his lame decision being challenged, all the better.

This Commissioner can't win with some of you. He deals with all sorts of complaints about his league being fixed because of perceptions that stars are treatedly differently than others. Now, having applied a rule in a manner that is consistent with its application -- a mandatory penalty of suspension -- for over a decade to a star player, some are bent that the league isn't treating stars differently. WTF?

Do you think it would help if these MSM sports and news channels put more focus on the stupity of the 95% of fans? They'd also have to blame themselves, wouldn't you agree?

The media has only itself to blame on that issue. If the sycophant media hadn't been so intent upon the Suns playing through Round 2 and saving them from the horrors of another Spurs run deep into the playoffs, I don't suspect that there would have been such advocacy for a team or a cause on this issue.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I feel as if all of this has happened before.

And I fear that all of it will happen again.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Maybe if he didn't act so upset about his lame decision being challenged, all the better.I get annoyed when ignorant people bring up the same stupid shit here too.

Do you think it would help if these MSM sports and news channels put more focus on the stupity of the 95% of fans? They'd also have to blame themselves, wouldn't you agree?It not their job to tell viewers they are stupid. Most TV exists to make you feel good about what you already believe. Most of the fans ignorant enough to believe that this was an unfair enforcement of an existing rule would probably like to think of themselves as rebels sticking it to the man. So playing to that fantasy is pretty easy for producers to pick up on.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 06:17 PM
As Commissioner Stern said yesterday, people are making the rule to be more difficult than it is: If you leave the bench during an altercation, you're suspended. PERIOD. Look no further into it, that's how it's enforced. Phoenix fans need to STFU, you had Game 6 with Amare and Diaw in it to try and win, and you didn't. Suns have been largely overrated all season just because of a superior record against junk teams and Eastern Conference teams.

Someone answer this: If Amare and Diaw weren't suspended, how in the hell would the NBA enforce that rule in the future?
I dont understand why cant I have a conversation with some of you? I dont hate the Spurs for what happened. I understand that the Spurs fans dont like how some people are saying that this will be a tainted series If SA wins it all. I am not the one that said this. Why are some of you confrontational towards me? Did I piss you off? :toast All SUNS fans are not bad.

clambake
05-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I feel as if all of this has happened before.
When, and to whom?

And I fear that all of it will happen again.
What are you suggesting happened?

Xylus
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
*Shakes head in shame*

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:20 PM
When, and to whom?

What are you suggesting happened?

All of the asinine arguments and obvious question dodging that are evident in this thread. They were all brought up in an earlier thread -- in this forum -- about this subject -- to me and others.

It has happened before. It will happen again.

clambake
05-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I get annoyed when ignorant people bring up the same stupid shit here too.
Then you must really hate EVERY sports and news outlet in the country.

I said they should get over it. It won't change the outcome, or the fans perception.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I dont understand why cant I have a conversation with some of you? I dont hate the Spurs for what happened. I understand that the Spurs fans dont like how some people are saying that this will be a tainted series If SA wins it all. I am not the one that said this. Why are some of you confrontational towards me? Did I piss you off? :toast All SUNS fans are not bad.

I suppose we wouldn't be confrontational if you would bother to just answer the fairly simple questions that have been posed in this thread directly to you.

Specifically, why is it that the Suns and their players should be treated any differently than any other team/players that have ever dealt with a situtation like that one in NBA Playoff history?

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Then you must really hate EVERY sports and news outlet in the country.For the most part, yeah. It takes awhile to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

I said they should get over it. It won't change the outcome, or the fans perception.I agree. I'm completely satisfied with being right. If anyone came up with a convincing argument to make the Phoenix Suns immune to NBA rules, I'd consider it.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I suppose we wouldn't be confrontational if you would bother to just answer the fairly simple questions that have been posed in this thread directly to you.

Specifically, why is it that the Suns and their players should be treated any differently than any other team/players that have ever dealt with a situtation like that one in NBA Playoff history?

OHHH crap here we go....... We wont agree on what happened. If it would have happened to the Spurs we would be in somewhat reverse rolls. This is not against the Spurs and I am not trying to make it so. I believe the SUNS got screwed as any team this could have happened to would have. I am not another team fan I am a SUNS fan. Nobody would have argued the point if there were no suspensions. But the powers that be did not want to look weak. So they upheld a rule that they did not even think was the correct thing to do. That in a nut shell is what pisses me off!

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:38 PM
OHHH crap here we go....... We wont agree on what happened. If it would have happened to the Spurs we would be in somewhat reverse rolls. This is not against the Spurs and I am not trying to make it so. I believe the SUNS got screwed as any team this could have happened to would have. I am not another team fan I am a SUNS fan. Nobody would have argued the point if there were no suspensions. But the powers that be did not want to look weak. So they upheld a rule that they did not even think was the correct thing to do. That in a nut shell is what pisses me off!

I'm not sure how there can be any debate about what happened.

The Suns players broke the rule. All other players who've broken that rule have been suspended. Why should the Suns players who broke a rule be above suspension when every other player who has broken that rule has been suspended?

Again, in simpler terms, why are the Suns players entitled to be treated differently?

Has every team that has ever had a player suspended by operation of the rule been screwed? Is that your argument? If so, then explain to me why the owners of those screwed-over teams have never once discussed changing the rule.

What would have happened had it been the Spurs is completely irrelevant. The fact of the matter is: (1) the Spurs have faced similar situations in the past with Ginobili and nobody has ever come off the bench; and (2) no Spur came off the bench during Game 4. Now that your little red herring has been put to rest, I'd still be interested in your answer to the glaringly unanswered question posed above.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I believe the SUNS got screwed as any team this could have happened to would have.How did they get screwed?

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:43 PM

Another thought -- the question wasn't why the situation pisses you off. That would seem to be self-evident. Our question is whether you have any justifiable reason to be pissed off. I don't see how you can without acknowledging that you think the Suns' players should be treated differently than all other players have ever been in that circumstance. And, frankly, I think that's a horrendously weak argument.

With that said, I'd probably start my post off with "OHHH crap. . . " too if I was in the logically untenable position that you're in.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure how there can be any debate about what happened.

The Suns players broke the rule. All other players who've broken that rule have been suspended. Why should the Suns players who broke a rule be above suspension when every other player who has broken that rule has been suspended?

Again, in simpler terms, why are the Suns players entitled to be treated differently?

Has every team that has ever had a player suspended by operation of the rule been screwed? Is that your argument? If so, then explain to me why the owners of those screwed-over teams have never once discussed changing the rule.

What would have happened had it been the Spurs is completely irrelevant. The fact of the matter is: (1) the Spurs have faced similar situations in the past with Ginobili and nobody has ever come off the bench; and (2) no Spur came off the bench during Game 4. Now that your little red herring has been put to rest, I'd still be interested in your answer to the glaringly unanswered question posed above.
The SUNS were wrong the rule was upheld and I am Happy about it. Is that what Spurs fans want? Although the two of you are speaking I dont believe even most Spurs fans agree that the SUNS should have been suspended. I know others are reading these posts what are some other Spurs takes on this.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:47 PM
The SUNS were wrong the rule was upheld and I am Happy about it. Is that what Spurs fans want? Although the two of you are speaking I dont believe even most Spurs fans agree that the SUNS should have been suspended. I know others are reading these posts what are some other Spurs takes on this.

I don't want anything from you, other than an admission that your argument is based on your own biases and a belief that the Suns players somehow were entitled to some sort of preferrential treatment.

All things considered, though, I think we've officially reached the logical end point of this discussion.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 06:49 PM
The SUNS were wrong the rule was upheld and I am Happy about it. Is that what Spurs fans want?FWD just asked what he wanted and I asked for pretty much the same thing -- a reasonable argument why the Suns should not be subject to the wirtten rules of the NBA.

Although the two of you are speaking I dont believe even most Spurs fans agree that the SUNS should have been suspended. I know others are reading these posts what are some other Spurs takes on this.You'll find more than a few ignorant spurfans on this board.

Arctic
05-23-2007, 06:50 PM
hahahahah

Well, I'd sure like to know what I was banned for. Though I have a feeling it was just wrong place wrong time. I'm a fan who started posting during the Suns/Spurs series because it was the one I was most looking forward to. I posted during the series, and after the series was over, I said the Suns were outcoached and that's why they lost. I was most definately NOT trolling, I love the Suns. This got a thread started saying "Ban Arctic" or some such thing, basically because the less mature posters (like Gee!, who threatens to get into fist fights on a forum :rolleyes ) didn't want to hear anything except "Stern jobbed us". Maybe I'm wrong.

Could you tell me, Mike?

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 06:50 PM
I don't want anything from you, other than an admission that your argument is based on your own biases and a belief that the Suns players somehow were entitled to some sort of preferrential treatment.

This is sports you dumb ass! Of course it is a fans opinion.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 06:53 PM
This is sports you dumb ass! Of course it is a fans opinion.

So the decision about how to apply a black-and-white rule should just be a matter of fan opinion?

I don't get that at all. Again, your only argument is one seeking preferrential and unprecedented treatment for your team to save it from it's own foolishness. I don't see how that's even a defensible opinion. It would be not unlike me trying to argue that the Spurs should be given a 20 point lead to start every game in which they play. It might be my opinion, but it wouldn't be a very good one.

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 06:54 PM

What's there to agree on. The rule is black and white and has ALWAYS been enforced to the letter (ask Barkley).

Was the suspension unfortunate for the Suns? -- yes.
Should they have been suspended? -- yes (unless you think Suns players deserve preferential treatment)

By the way, you have yet to address the question of why Suns players should be exempt from a rule that has been on the books and strictly enforced FOR YEARS.

phyzik
05-23-2007, 06:59 PM

A rule is a rule.

Some are saying the suns got screwed.... last I checked this isnt some obscure rule that no one knew about... EVERYONE knows the rule.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:00 PM
What's there to agree on. The rule is black and white and has ALWAYS been enforced to the letter (ask Barkley).

Was the suspension unfortunate for the Suns? -- yes.
Should they have been suspended? -- yes (unless you think Suns players deserve preferential treatment)

By the way, you have yet to address the question of why Suns players should be exempt from a rule that has been on the books and strictly enforced FOR YEARS.
I never said they should or should not be. Of course they shouldnt. But that is not or was never my argument. This is not what I came here for. I(we) have had many good conversations with Spurs fans at ASFN. I was looking for some here. But I was bombarded with letter of the law crap. Im not looking to start crap.

clambake
05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
For the most part, yeah. It takes awhile to seperate the wheat from the chaff.
I think it will forever be oil and water.

I agree. I'm completely satisfied with being right. If anyone came up with a convincing argument to make the Phoenix Suns immune to NBA rules, I'd consider it.
You see, I don't think thats the argument. It has taken on that "Remember the Alamo" flare. Not likely to end anytime soon, maybe never.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
You see, I don't think thats the argument. It has taken on that "Remember the Alamo" flare. Not likely to end anytime soon, maybe never.That may be possible. It's also a baseless argument. What can be done about that?

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I(we) have had many good conversations with Spurs fans at ASFN.

Yeah, the ones that agree with your irrational viewpoint and aren't banned.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I never said they should or should not be. Of course they shouldnt. But that is not or was never my argument. This is not what I came here for. I(we) have had many good conversations with Spurs fans at ASFN. I was looking for some here. But I was bombarded with letter of the law crap. Im not looking to start crap.

What do you want us to say? Would you be happier if we said, "Oh, it was really unfortunate that Amare and Boris couldn't maintain their poise"? I truly wish that there hadn't been any need to suspend players during that series. But once Amare and Boris made the decision to approach the altercation, the league truly had no choice, in my opinion.

I don't see a logical alternative that wouldn't have exposed the league to even greater ridicule from those who are already willing to believe that there are conspiracies in place.

There was no doubt that an altercation was occurring; there was no doubt that Stouedmire and Diaw left the vicinity of the bench during that altercation. That violates the rule and a violation of that rule compels a one-game suspension. Is any of that truly subject to discussion anymore?

Don't ask me to discuss the feasibility of making special exceptions to a consistently applied rule simply because of who is involved and when the rule is broken. Particularly if you can't provide any reasonable explanation for making such an exception in the first place.

longrod
05-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I didn't even bother to read this Suns crap but I do want to say one thing:
Hey Suns fans, FUCK YOU and FUCK YOUR MOTHERS!!!

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, the ones that agree with your irrational viewpoint and aren't banned.
That I have no control over. And I think Chan Mike has agreed that some may have been an issue of wrong place wrong time.

Arctic
05-23-2007, 07:17 PM
That I have no control over. And I think Chan Mike has agreed that some may have been an issue of wrong place wrong time.

:bang

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 07:17 PM

Well, no one is trying to argue the merits of the rule -- it is what it is, but here's some light reading that might convince you (i doubt it) that the suspensions were irrelevant anyway.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68618

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:19 PM
What do you want us to say? Would you be happier if we said, "Oh, it was really unfortunate that Amare and Boris couldn't maintain their poise"? I truly wish that there hadn't been any need to suspend players during that series. But once Amare and Boris made the decision to approach the altercation, the league truly had no choice, in my opinion.

I don't see a logical alternative that wouldn't have exposed the league to even greater ridicule from those who are already willing to believe that there are conspiracies in place.

There was no doubt that an altercation was occurring; there was no doubt that Stouedmire and Diaw left the vicinity of the bench during that altercation. That violates the rule and a violation of that rule compels a one-game suspension. Is any of that truly subject to discussion anymore?

Don't ask me to discuss the feasibility of making special exceptions to a consistently applied rule simply because of who is involved and when the rule is broken. Particularly if you can't provide any reasonable explanation for making such an exception in the first place.

Would you like SUNS fans off this site? Would most rather not even converse with SUNS fans. If so I can understand that. There is nothing that can be done about the past. So lets just enjoy NBA basketball. the SUNS will get theirs. I dont know when but it will come.

clambake
05-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Why would they ban at all? I don't go to any other sites, but it appears to be a common practice. Are you surprised you haven't been banned here?

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Why would they ban at all? I don't go to any other sites, but it appears to be a common practice. Are you surprised you haven't been banned here?
I dont think I am going at people to cause a problem. So no I am not surprised. Do you think I would have been banned as a Spurs fan at ASFN? I hope not.

clambake
05-23-2007, 07:31 PM
I dont think I am going at people to cause a problem. So no I am not surprised. Do you think I would have been banned as a Spurs fan at ASFN? I hope not.
I don't know what ASFN is, but, would you consider spurstalk to be tolerant?

DarrinS
05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
The victim mentality seems pervasive in Phoenix. It starts with D'Antoni, spreads to Stoudemire, infects the fanbase, it's just sad. Even Nash, the last person I would think would make excuses, did not exactly take the high road after game 6.

Here's a good self-help article for Suns fan

http://polynate.net/books/freedom/victim.html

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Very much so with some words used here. Im just not sure If Im wanted or not. I know that 1 poster doesnt speak for all so I will have an open mind.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Check it out very informative on the SUNS

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

clambake
05-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Very much so with some words used here. Im just not sure If Im wanted or not. I know that 1 poster doesnt speak for all so I will have an open mind.
It's not you. You're just a constant reminder of the cloud that will forever hang above this years finals. Everybody understands the rules, but it will never deminish the fact that the suns got screwed.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:44 PM
This is for all the Spurs fans out there. I HATE your coach!!! He knows mor than any other how to control the SUNS. So for that I say Damn him!!!

clambake
05-23-2007, 07:46 PM
This is for all the Spurs fans out there. I HATE your coach!!! He knows mor than any other how to control the SUNS. So for that I say Damn him!!!
Now, you're in. Too bad about the draft.

Xylus
05-23-2007, 07:50 PM
This topic reminds me of that episode of Prison Break where all the convicts escape from A-Block and riots ensue.

wsupkid
05-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Now, you're in. Too bad about the draft.
lol, Yes, Now thats all I wanted. I love you guys.

Seriously, Good luck in Utah.

itzsoweezee
05-23-2007, 08:16 PM
:lmao
i really can't stop laughing. AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

i wish there had been a camera on that bitch dantoni when it was clear the hawks were in the top three. i can just imagine that little shit jumping around throwing a temper tantrum. :elephant

violentkitten
05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7OcBQFRIjxM

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Would you like SUNS fans off this site? Would most rather not even converse with SUNS fans. If so I can understand that. There is nothing that can be done about the past. So lets just enjoy NBA basketball. the SUNS will get theirs. I dont know when but it will come.

I don't really care whether you or any other Suns fans stay or go. I've stated earlier in this thread that I think diversity of viewpoints makes for good discussion. But I also think that opinions offered without any real reasoning behind them -- particularly those complaining about the fate of one team or another -- are little more than whining. I'm not a big fan of whining, whether it comes from Spurs fans, Suns fans, Mavs fans, or Globetrotters fans.

I appreciate good discussions. This, however, is not a good discussion.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 08:41 PM
It's not you. You're just a constant reminder of the cloud that will forever hang above this years finals. Everybody understands the rules, but it will never deminish the fact that the suns got screwed.

I'm still at a loss to understand that last statement. Are you saying that the Suns screwed themselves? Or are you contending that the league screwed the Suns by sticking to its guns and enforcing a rule in a manner consistent with every other instance in which it has been violated? If your argument is the latter, I'm sure you're about to cite me to either: (1) an instance in which the rule wasn't applied as it was in this case; or (2) a clear reason for why the Suns should have been treated differently than every other team in league history that has had a player violate the rule. Otherwise, I have no idea how you can logically make that argument.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2007, 08:42 PM

Now see, that's at least putting blame for the Suns' loss in the right place.

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't really care whether you or any other Suns fans stay or go. I've stated earlier in this thread that I think diversity of viewpoints makes for good discussion. But I also think that opinions offered without any real reasoning behind them -- particularly those complaining about the fate of one team or another -- are little more than whining. I'm not a big fan of whining, whether it comes from Spurs fans, Suns fans, Mavs fans, or Globetrotters fans.

I appreciate good discussions. This, however, is not a good discussion.

Now I'm not a big fan of whining dude... but I've been a Washington Generals fan for years...

Those fucking Globetrotters get away with EVERYTHING... Call a TRAVEL!

Call a Double Dribble!

HES DRIBBLING WITH HIS FEET YOU ASSHOLE!!!

That league is so fixed...

td4mvp21
05-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't care what anyone other than the Spurs/anyone related to them says. We haven't even made it to the Finals and are not guaranteed a championship. I love it how people are so quick to already put an asterisk by it. It's funny how in this generation of basketball, teams with dumbass superstars and no defense blame everyone but themselves for losing a series. "It's the refs!" "No, it's all Stern's fault!" "The _______ got screwed!!!". If the team (oh say, like the SUNS?) were so good, they would have won no matter what. Looks like they didn't.

Sec24Row7
05-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I only think we have a 50/50 chance of winning the title...

timvp
05-23-2007, 09:01 PM
One thing that Suns fans need to realize is that if something similar happened to the Spurs and Duncan and Manu got suspended for a playoff game, that wouldn't even register on the top five list of how the Spurs were "robbed".

This is a fan base who lost a chance at a repeat last year because Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot to foul Duncan out of a game. This is a fan base that watched Derek Fisher hit a shot in .4 (which is literally impossible and breaks more rules than mere NBA rules) that ended another shot at a repeat. After that game, yeah there were some Spurs fans whining, but a good number just said F it lets try to get the next game.

If a couple Spurs were dumb enough to walk off the bench and break one of the few black and white rules in the NBA, I wouldn't feel sorry for them or the Spurs. Then again, as a Spurs fan, we've had pretty good practice at taking punches and just moving on to the next game or the next season.

ambchang
05-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I find this thread absolutely facinating. 7 pages, and it seems to go around in circles. I still do not see one good explanation as to why the Suns should be given preferential treatment, or even better, why Suns not getting preferential treatment = Suns getting robbed.
I don't see one instance where a Suns fan would admit that Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw is wholly responsible for their actions.
I don't see any explanations as to why out of the 12 flagrant fouls in the playoffs this year, only one resulted in a suspension from players leaving the bench.
I don't see any credit given to the Spurs for winning 3 out of the 5 games when the Suns had the full team, and the Game 5 victory was the closest game in the series.
I don't understand how fans fail to see that Amare Stoudemire in the series actually hurts the Suns defensively, and benefits them offensively.
I don't understand how a professed fan of basketball cannot see the knee in the groin to Nash was inadvertent, that Nash jumped into Bowen's space, or that that "kick" never even registered.
Neither could I understand how the Suns believe that a a perimeter player cannot be touched when EVERY team does it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oGfwdfPBWI&mode=related&search=
See at the 3 second mark, Marion touched Parker, but was he called for a foul? of course not, because that is not a foul. See how Parker was pushed a good 5 feet out on his shot? That's not a foul, he didn't get fouled until he took the shot.

Purple & Gold
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
:lmao At how the Suns are cursed.

That's what they get for their fans, players, coaching staff and owner all being a bunch of whining bitches.

LavaLamp
05-24-2007, 12:38 AM

I dont really know D'Antoni but maybe that's just how it is on the Italian leagues where he played... express emotion, get all-red faced, exagerate gestures, throw down the clipboard and talk with your hands???

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
I dont really know D'Antoni but maybe that's just how it is on the Italian leagues where he played... express emotion, get all-red faced, exagerate gestures, throw down the clipboard and talk with your hands???

hahahha maybe but that can be interpreted as being a bitch and whining all the time.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Since there a lot of "what ifs" being thrown around, I got one. What if Amare wouldn't have been suspended. Would he have been a factor. You never know because the MORON was always in foul trouble throughout the series. I do wish things would have been different and we would have beaten you guys without this. Also would Marion have had such a great game if Diaw and Amare weren't suspended. You guys SHOULD have wont that game. You were dominating us and lost it at the end. Same thing can be said with the game that NASH got the "POUUUUUNCE". We had that game and messed up. We can what if all day all night all till next season, the fact is we won the series, we beat you guys full force 3 out of those 4 games we needed to advance. As far as Bowen "kicking" Amare and making Nash sterile. That can be viewed many ways as well. I have seen the videos over and over. Why would anyone KICK someone while in the air on his way up anyways. How can anyone LOOK UP and still know where to kick. TO me(and this is my opinion) Bowen looks like hi kicked his leg up yes, but it looks like he is trying to stop his momentum and trying not to foul. When nash got racked I would have to say that was HIS fault.......he was trying to defend like Bruce and got all up on him. Bowen isnt a guard and doesnt handle the ball much, so when you have a little rugged canadian running at you, you would panic and try to get the ball somewhere else and his maneuvers arent very good and he kneed nash on accident. Again though the only person that REALLY knows is Bowen and if he did it intentional, then he has to live with it.

clambake
05-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Still trying to work this out in your mind?

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Still trying to work this out in your mind?

yeah my brain hurts

fyatuk
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM

Amare should have been suspended, no doubt. He seemed to be heading towards the altercation in a very bad mood.

Diaw broke the rule too, so he should have been suspended, but to me it seems like he was really interested in checking on Nash and I thought he caught himself (unlike Amare who had to be physically pushed back).

I think they should have been suspended because the rule is in place, has been since they were kids (aka they grew up with this rule in place in the NBA), they were reminded of it more than once this season, the it's been consistently and harshly enforced since its inception.

I agree the rule is a bit unfair and needs to have a little wiggle room, as well as a more properly defined "immediate vicinity of the bench." However, the NBA did the right thing is suspending them. You have to enforce the rules you have, period.

No doubt it sucks. I'd be pissed off about it if the roles were reversed, but I'd be pissed at the players who broke the rule.

wsupkid
05-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Amare should have been suspended, no doubt. He seemed to be heading towards the altercation in a very bad mood.

Diaw broke the rule too, so he should have been suspended, but to me it seems like he was really interested in checking on Nash and I thought he caught himself (unlike Amare who had to be physically pushed back).

I think they should have been suspended because the rule is in place, has been since they were kids (aka they grew up with this rule in place in the NBA), they were reminded of it more than once this season, the it's been consistently and harshly enforced since its inception.

I agree the rule is a bit unfair and needs to have a little wiggle room, as well as a more properly defined "immediate vicinity of the bench." However, the NBA did the right thing is suspending them. You have to enforce the rules you have, period.

No doubt it sucks. I'd be pissed off about it if the roles were reversed, but I'd be pissed at the players who broke the rule.

Now, some voice of reason. I am pissed all the way around. I hope not to be a FAN who refuses to look at a situation as fair as a fan can. I am not a yankee fan. I F*^% hate them.

FromWayDowntown
05-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Now, some voice of reason. I am pissed all the way around. I hope not to be a FAN who refuses to look at a situation as fair as a fan can. I am not a yankee fan. I F*^% hate them.

Are you saying that a fan who believes that special exceptions shouldn't be made for one particular team or its players isn't looking at the situation fairly?

I still haven't seen an argument for why the Suns deserved special treatment. Maybe if there was a reasonable argument to that effect, I could be convinced that I'm not viewing this fairly. But to this point, all I'm hearing is a bunch of whining about a rule that has always been enforced this way -- and whining that continues more than a week after Game 5!!

btimsah
05-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Duncan walked onto the court from the Bench in the 2nd quarter in an effort to stop an altercation from occurring. Bruce Bowen is seen pushing him back to the bench. This was DURING THE GAME mind you. His tall ass just gets up and walks out onto the court during a potential altercation. No penalty. No suspension. Why? Because no altercation had yet occurred.

So, James Jones should have started an altercation and then Duncan would have been suspended. Regardless of weather Duncan really does anything*

That's one stupid rule. The rule I have a problem with, more than anything else. As for the actual basketball on the court?

2 games the Suns won.
2 games the Spurs won.

Then the suspensions decided it for the Spurs. Next year maybe we'll have seat belts installed and we can finish the series in game 7 at home like we should have? Go suns! :downspin:

samikeyp
05-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Why? Because no altercation had yet occurred.

which is why no rule was broken. a potential altercation is different than an actual one.

Then the suspensions decided it for the Spurs

So the Spurs had absolutely, positively nothing to do with the win. You are saying that if both teams were at full strength that there would be absolutely no way possible that the Spurs could have won game 5.

I do agree though...the rule is stupid and needs to be changed.

05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
This is a fan base who lost a chance at a repeat last year because Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot to foul Duncan out of a game. This is a fan base that watched Derek Fisher hit a shot in .4 (which is literally impossible and breaks more rules than mere NBA rules) that ended another shot at a repeat. After that game, yeah there were some Spurs fans whining, but a good number just said F it lets try to get the next game.

Solid Spurs fan post.

That is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is...

Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot to foul Duncan out of a game

Or? Gino had a total mental lapse and fouled Dirk to send the new MVP to the line.

Derek Fisher hit a shot in .4 (which is literally impossible and breaks more rules than mere NBA rules) that ended another shot at a repeat.

Or? The fact that again,Gino was not able to make the play and stop a shooter with less than a breath to shoot.

You are better off arguing that Timmy got fouled by "the Big Push Off" on the play before...because he did.

I can only speak for myself, but with all due respect to the Spurs, I think that Suns fans are upset because the series was take out of the players hands. The series was decided courtside with an inept training staff and in the league offices with a lawyer-robot comish.

The Spurs are a great team, and to beat you guys, we needed to stop the bleeding and get a call. It didn’t happen in 07.

To be honest, I will live. The Spurs are great. Tim F'ing Duncan? He is the best I have ever seen. Bruce Bowen? As much as I hate him, I would love him on the Suns.

There is no shame in losing to you. That said, we will get you next year. And like you experienced in years past, you guys will probably take it in stride and win again in 2010.