PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams Texas Tat

Go For Tree
05-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I am sure we all have noticed the "Texas Made" tattoo on deron williams shoulder but has anyone found out what it represents. I found nothing on him being from texas and when i googled it the only page i found with his name and the tattoo referenced was some Latin Kings page?!?!? wtf is up with that?

tsb2000
05-23-2007, 10:11 AM
He is from San Antonio. He would have went to Eisenhower if his family hadn't moved. That was the story from the radio last night.

Sirius radio is cool. :smokin

Kori Ellis
05-23-2007, 10:12 AM
I thought he did go to Eisenhower.

Also, he was a fan of the Mavericks growing up. :lol

Go For Tree
05-23-2007, 10:12 AM
:fro that is straight GANGSTA :fro

Russ
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Hometown listed as the Colony, Texas.

tsb2000
05-23-2007, 10:15 AM

He might have, but the quote from the radio last night was "what might have been for SA high school basketball," so they might have been misinformed. :)

ATXSPUR
05-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh well I guess he isnt a punk anymore then :smokin

Assman
05-23-2007, 11:33 AM
He went to hs at The Colony and was on the same team as Bracey Wright. DWill didn't get much attention with Bracey tearing it up night after night, but Bracey has since spared everyone to death coming off the bench in Minn.

SilverPlayer
05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
He might have, but the quote from the radio last night was "what might have been for SA high school basketball," so they might have been misinformed. :)

Eisenhower is a middle school that feeds into Churchill.

Findog
05-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Given the enthusiasm black players have for the nightlife opportunities in Salt Lake City, I wonder if a max contract will persuade him to come home. It's always fun to watch the reactions on draft night when the Jazz make their pick and the camera cuts to the draftee with a mortified look on his face that says "Good lord, that's the city with no black people, right?"

SAtoDallas
05-23-2007, 12:12 PM
He's from The Colony(pretty affluant at that) a suburb here in the DFW metroplex. They were hyping him up in the Dallas Morning News when Utah was tearing up GS, now I think no mention.

mardigan
05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Colony%2C_TX

41times
05-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Hometown listed as the Colony, Texas.

The Colony is a northern suburb of Dallas. About 25 miles north of Dallas.
And no it is NOT an affluent town. My first house was there and it was $58,500 15 years ago. There are a ton of transplants that live there.

FireSternin2007
05-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Given the enthusiasm black players have for the nightlife opportunities in Salt Lake City, I wonder if a max contract will persuade him to come home. It's always fun to watch the reactions on draft night when the Jazz make their pick and the camera cuts to the draftee with a mortified look on his face that says "Good lord, that's the city with no black people, right?"

Salt Lake City is more diverse than you think. Less than half the people in the city are mormon. There are plenty of diverse groups all around. Also, guys with children don't mind coming here because it is a nice place to raise a family. Almost no crime at all in the suburbs and you can walk the streets of the city at just about anytime and feel totally safe, strong values etc...

Spurminator
05-23-2007, 01:29 PM
The Colony is a northern suburb of Dallas. About 25 miles north of Dallas.
And no it is NOT an affluent town. My first house was there and it was $58,500 15 years ago. There are a ton of transplants that live there.

Have you been back in the last 15 years?

In the last 5, even?

TampaDude
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Salt Lake City is more diverse than you think. Less than half the people in the city are mormon. There are plenty of diverse groups all around. Also, guys with children don't mind coming here because it is a nice place to raise a family. Almost no crime at all in the suburbs and you can walk the streets of the city at just about anytime and feel totally safe, strong values etc...

Yeah, SLC is a beautiful city...with the mountains right there in the background. I'm not a religious person, but that Mormon Temple is a sight to behold. :toast

timvp
05-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Good to see Eisenhower in the house :smokin

Oh and Salt Lake City is actually a damn nice city and has better night clubs and hip hop radio stations than San Antonio by far.

TampaDude
05-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Good to see Eisenhower in the house :smokin

Oh and Salt Lake City is actually a damn nice city and has better night clubs and hip hop radio stations than San Antonio by far.

Heh...seems like every radio station in SA plays tejano... :lol

FireSternin2007
05-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, SLC is a beautiful city...with the mountains right there in the background. I'm not a religious person, but that Mormon Temple is a sight to behold. :toast

It's one of those places you actually need to experience in order to overcome the stereotypes. I'll bet most players would be happy here with the exception of Dennis Rodman. When Rodman had to play here during the playoffs, he would fly into vegas so he could get his freak on with some transexuals in between games.

Findog
05-23-2007, 01:40 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with Salt Lake City, but I wonder if somebody living the NBA lifestyle like Deron Williams thinks its so great. Good schools and good skiing can't compete with the clubs in Houston, Atlanta, LA, NY, etc.

41times
05-23-2007, 02:10 PM

In the last 5, even?

Yeah, i still live in North Dallas and i play golf up there and fish a little. It has changed a LOT but still it's not like it's Plano or Flower Mound or Southlake. You can still buy a house up there for 150k and that's pretty low for the Dallas area.

I hated living there because there is 2 streets in and 2 streets out and traffic suck big one's on Hwy 121 (still does) But they have a pretty good HighSchool program. I am a Lewisville Graduate (1980) so we played The Colony several times a year ever sinch their inception.

Kevin Blackistone
05-23-2007, 02:58 PM

I saw him play in the Texas HS State Championship with The Colony out of the metroplex in 2001 or somewhere around there. Good point at the time, had a nice shot, but like Bosh no one knew they would be this good.

Momma_monkey
05-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Williams attended The Colony High School in The Colony, TX and averaged 17 points, 9.4 assists, and 2 steals per game as a junior. As a senior, he averaged 17.6 points, 8.4 assists, 6.1 rebounds, and 2.6 steals per game and led the Cougars to a 29-2 mark in 2002.

TampaDude
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Williams attended The Colony High School in The Colony, TX and averaged 17 points, 9.4 assists, and 2 steals per game as a junior. As a senior, he averaged 17.6 points, 8.4 assists, 6.1 rebounds, and 2.6 steals per game and led the Cougars to a 29-2 mark in 2002.

So...what you are saying is he was a better-than-average player... :lol

FireSternin2007
05-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with Salt Lake City, but I wonder if somebody living the NBA lifestyle like Deron Williams thinks its so great. Good schools and good skiing can't compete with the clubs in Houston, Atlanta, LA, NY, etc.

Maybe so, I think Deron is married and has a little girl. I'm not sure many married fathers have time to hit up the clubs. I think for a single player living the lifestyle, they might not like it as much.

dav4463
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I officiated some of his summer league games when he was at The Colony. I knew he was good, but never realized just how good.

Assman
05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
I officiated some of his summer league games when he was at The Colony. I knew he was good, but never realized just how good.

Probably because Bracey Wright got all the hype on that team.

SAtoDallas
05-23-2007, 05:12 PM

In the last 5, even?

No kidding I was just there a couple of months ago. Seemed pretty nice.

SAtoDallas
05-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Maybe so, I think Deron is married and has a little girl. I'm not sure many married fathers have time to hit up the clubs. I think for a single player living the lifestyle, they might not like it as much.

I guess only Tragic Johnson and MJ, Barkley, Ewing had time to go to clubs while married with children.

longrod
05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Salt Lake City is more diverse than you think. Less than half the people in the city are mormon.

No shit! Yep, that'll do it. I feel better now.

Jamtas#2
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Heh...seems like every radio station in SA plays tejano... :lol

Has SA radio changed from the days of Lyle and Han? You know "New rock all day everyday, but first lets play a block of Scorpions, Metallica and AC/DC from 1987-1992"

I swear, I still cringe when I hear the first few bars to "Rock you like a Hurricane" or "There's No One Like You"

BrianBird
05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
What year did Deron graduate HS? If only he had stayed at Eisenhower he might have turned into something special under the tutelage of Coach Griffith and Coach Raemer. Just think LJ, your brother could have competed with an NBA star for a starting spot in middle school basketball... weird

ashbeeigh
05-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Deron Williams went to Colonies North and probably, based on what I saw, would have graduted in '02 from Churchill. He would have been a nightmare for a Clark Cougar had he not moved.

BrianBird
05-23-2007, 07:51 PM
He would have been a nightmare for a Clark Cougar had he not moved.

For a Reagan Rattler as well. Might have made NEISD high school basketball at least slightly competitive instead of Reagan winning the district year after year... :king

violentkitten
05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
fuck clark

BrianBird
05-23-2007, 07:58 PM
fuck clark

Sincerely Alvin Robertson Jr.

violentkitten
05-23-2007, 08:01 PM
sincerely,
me

Louie Vega
05-23-2007, 09:34 PM
He is from San Antonio. He would have went to Eisenhower if his family hadn't moved. That was the story from the radio last night.

Sirius radio is cool. :smokin

He went to Eisenhower . If he stayed he might have gone to Roosevelt or MacArthur.

BrianBird
05-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Eisenhower feeds Churchill.

I would have been in 6th grade there when he was in 7th. I'll have to go dig up my old yearbook.