PDA

View Full Version : What the F man?

Shaolin-Style
11-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Did anyone hear Massenburg loud and clear saying that on live tv during the jazz game leading to his tech? Cracked me up :lol

boutons
11-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Already discussed earlier. A very untypical, un-Spur sour note on an otherwise very sweet evening. 5 PFs in 10 minutes. The guy is a klutzy loser.

whottt
11-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Yet again you are wrong boutons, Mass dropping F Bombs is hardly unSpur like...

Pop drops a dozen of them every game. Watch that same game and you can see him dropping one right in a refs face. There's nothing unclassy about the word fuck by the way...:)

To quote Michael Irvin....profanity is a way of expressing strong emotion. It's not the word itself that is dirty...only the mind that sees it that way. The intention behind the word is what makes it dirty...do you really think there's any difference substituting the word fudge for fuck? Only a moron can't see that the intent is the same...and only a moron thinks there's a true difference outside of their own head.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-29-2004, 04:18 PM
If you can read lips, Duncan's developing a slight case of potty mouth too. It's really only when he gets angry, which admittedly isn't very often. He keeps it under his breath, but the words are there.

Useruser666
11-29-2004, 04:20 PM
I don't think it was anti-Spur like. It happens a lot more than most people realise. The calls before hand, especially the one that led to the tech were kind of ticky-tacky. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's not as though he ran into the stands or anything. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-29-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't think its such a bad idea to have a bruiser like that. Jerome Kersey answered that call back on the '99 championship team. I can't really think of anyone who fit that role with the 2003 team. Maybe Menge Bateer? Those Mongolians are ruthless man.

ChumpDumper
11-29-2004, 04:25 PM
It's nice to have someone who will foul as hard as the other team will. Fouling like that is part of the game and part of Massenburg's job. If you don't like it you can wait for the Silver Stars to start their season.

samikeyp
11-29-2004, 04:29 PM
according to Kori...Tim has had quite a potty mouth. Dropping profanity is no big deal depending on your situation. If you are in the stands sitting around a bunch of little kids that is one thing, if you are on the court, that is something else.

T Park
11-29-2004, 04:30 PM
can't really think of anyone who fit that role with the 2003 team.

Kevin Willis and Danny Ferry were some pesky tough SOBs.

Especially Danny Ferry.

Thanks to him, the SPurs won game 2 VS Phoenix.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-29-2004, 04:33 PM
I had forgotten about Danny. And I really should be ashamed of myself for that. He was the one who pissed off Marcus Camby so much that Camby took a swing at him and wound up hitting Van Gundy. Poor Jeff.

boutons
11-29-2004, 04:37 PM
It's very un-Spur to yell fuck so loud it was heard all over the SBC. From what I saw on TV, the whole place seemed seemed stunned to silence, into which fell the T, indicating that his fuck, hardly an uncommon word on the court, was unusually loud or whatever the ref decided.

ChumpDumper
11-29-2004, 04:39 PM
It was pretty quiet and wel after the whistle blew. Couldn't let that one slide. The f-bomb is dropped pretty much every other drive, shot and rebound -- but there's enough going on that the refs can overlook them.

mouse
11-29-2004, 04:41 PM
I told you guys once David Robinson left Satan stepped in,

Shelly
11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Pop drops a dozen of them every game. Watch that same game and you can see him dropping one right in a refs face. There's nothing unclassy about the word fuck by the way...

I clearly saw Pop mouth "He did it 3 fucking times" to the ref when Raja Bell fouled yet again.

It was an F Bomb Fesitival that night

Useruser666
11-29-2004, 04:59 PM
How much are tickets to the "F-bomb festival"? :lol Is that a fall event?

I don't think that whole thing was a big deal. The arena was quiet at that moment. I actually heard Rasho (I think it was) punch the court after he fell over when it was kind of quiet. I could clearly hear knuckles to hardwood.

samikeyp
11-29-2004, 05:16 PM
His first year, DRob used to swear like the sailor he was....when he met his wife and found religion, he changed his vocabulary. Saying the f-word is not "un-Spur" going up to a camera and flipping it off would be.

ZStomp
11-29-2004, 05:19 PM
WHat's the big deal about Massenburg cussing? Every Spurs cusses I'm sure. He was just loud. :lol

Shelly
11-29-2004, 05:19 PM
How much are tickets to the "F-bomb festival"? Is that a fall event?

Just be in the car with me when I drive. :angel

SpursWoman
11-29-2004, 05:22 PM
How much are tickets to the "F-bomb festival"? :lol Is that a fall event?

...and if so, how does one enter such an event? :nerd

ducks
11-29-2004, 05:53 PM
I think he was listening to violentkitten

Athenea
11-29-2004, 08:06 PM
I think he was listening to violentkitten
:nope :p
Anyway...:lmao :lmao :lmao

AlamoSpursFan
11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
I don't think Johnny Law dropped the T on Massenburg for the F-bomb itself. It was for the way it was delivered. The volume and manner in which the expletive in question was used went a long way to showing up the ref for a horrible call. They don't appreciate that very much.

johnny00
11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Man things are going great for the fans of the silver and black when we can talk about Masenburgs F-bomb at the end of the game! Alamo is correct, he was T'eed for showing up the Refs call.

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 09:26 PM
You are right on ASF.

ShoogarBear
11-29-2004, 09:27 PM
His first year, DRob used to swear like the sailor he was....when he met his wife and found religion, he changed his vocabulary. Saying the f-word is not "un-Spur" going up to a camera and flipping it off would be.

Yeah, but DRob had at least one instance of backsliding: the game in Portland in 2000 where he got tossed. I'm pretty sure a few long-suppressed F-torpedos came out of the Admiral that night.