PDA

View Full Version : The Prayer of ABC Executives...

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-23-2007, 11:52 PM
The prayer of ABC Execs... Dear God, please intervene!!! Anything but another Spurs/Pistons Finals. Please GOD!!! Save our ratings!!!

I'm afraid this prayer will go unanswered. We are almost certainly looking at a 2005 Finals rematch.

It's a shame more people can't appreciate great basketball. The public loves greatness... but individual greatness. They're not as impressed by the greatness of a team, unless of course, that team is the Lakers. Be that as it may, while ABC won't be happy, true basketball aficionados are in for a treat. It might not go 7 this time, but it'll be a good series.

Anyone think a Spurs/Pistons series isn't on the way?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-23-2007, 11:54 PM
It's pretty much a lock, but it would be funny to see the majority of the board go into meltdown if it ended up a Cavs-Jazz finals :lol

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-23-2007, 11:57 PM
It's pretty much a lock, but it would be funny to see the majority of the board go into meltdown if it ended up a Cavs-Jazz finals :lol

If that happens, I will donate a testicle to science. I made the same offer if Phoenix were to beat the Spurs. Still have two man-sacks in tact! :clap

Trainwreck2100
05-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Hopefully the ratings are so low the mouse decides to not renew the NBA contract, and the presentation won't suck anymore

Louie Vega
05-24-2007, 12:02 AM
The prayer of ABC Execs... Dear God, please intervene!!! Anything but another Spurs/Pistons Finals. Please GOD!!! Save our ratings!!!

I think most fans would prefer the Spurs to the Jazz at this point. I haven't seen to many Jazz games but they seem to be even more boring and unathletic than even the Spurs. Spurs / Cavs wouldn't be too bad but can you imagine the officiating? Baby sitting L.James ? Fucken nightmare!

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 12:56 AM
The national TV audience and media seemed to either forget or ignore the fact that while the first four games of that Spurs/Pistons Final series were blowouts, the remaining three games were both competitive and wildly entertaining.

After all, it had been at least 10 years since an NBA Finals matchup gone to seven games.

koopa
05-24-2007, 01:15 AM

I'm afraid this prayer will go unanswered. We are almost certainly looking at a 2005 Finals rematch.

It's a shame more people can't appreciate great basketball. The public loves greatness... but individual greatness. They're not as impressed by the greatness of a team, unless of course, that team is the Lakers. Be that as it may, while ABC won't be happy, true basketball aficionados are in for a treat. It might not go 7 this time, but it'll be a good series.

Anyone think a Spurs/Pistons series isn't on the way?

as garth brooks said, some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers lol

i want it to be the pistons vs spurs...... i love low scoring defensive games, sure a high scoring game is fun to watch every now and then, but i hate sloppy basketball, i like when you have to have a stragtedy that envolves more then just running around and jacking up shots with 18 seconds still left on the clock

plus if lebron went to the finals, the refs will do what they did for wade and win him the games by putting him at the line everytime you blink funny........

Capt Bringdown
05-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Pistons are a horrible team to watch, I'd rather eat lead paint chips than sit thru one of their games.

If we do meet them again, I hope we dispatch them in 4.

B and P Cats
05-24-2007, 03:05 AM
plus if lebron went to the finals, the refs will do what they did for wade and win him the games by putting him at the line everytime you blink funny........

It wouldn't surprise me if the Cavs were in the Finals. I think Stern wants his little LeBron to win! :(

exstatic
05-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Fuck ABC/ESPN. If they would nut-ride good teams instead of flavor of the month, they wouldn't be in this position. They spend years ignoring the Spurs, or actively breaking them down, and wonder why no one is watching. Brilliant.

dbestpro
05-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Do you really think Cleveland and Utah will improve ratings? LeBron is marketable but the Cav's as they are right now are not. Utah? Yeah, I guess the whole world just can't wait to hear about Utah.

nkdlunch
05-24-2007, 07:45 AM
sports ratings are overrated. Networks already have sponsors locked up. they could care less as each NBA season is different.

ABC don't give 2 shits who's in this years finals.

VaSpursFan
05-24-2007, 07:53 AM
something tells me it will be the spurs and the cavs in the finals. stern wants his one big name left in the playoffs in the finals.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2007, 07:58 AM
The league and ABC are rooting for the Spurs at this point to come out of the west. I think it's safe to say they want Cleveland there, but it will probably be Detroit.

nkdlunch
05-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I disagree. Lebronze is obviously not ready for prime time and the Cavs play horribly as a team. Cavs are like Paris Hilton, famous and popular but ugly to look at directly.

trueD
05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Okay everyone, listen up!

Spurs have two games on Utah, with possibly five games to go. Adjustments will be made. Utah has the advantage for three more games. THREE!

Cav's and Pistons have played one close game, ONE!

Get your helmets back on and forget about ABC. ABC's contribution to the Finals is just a little bit down the road.

:rolleyes

101A
05-24-2007, 08:47 AM

Spurs have two games on Utah, with possibly five games to go. Adjustments will be made. Utah has the advantage for three more games. THREE!

Get your helmets back on and forget about ABC. ABC's contribution to the Finals is just a little bit down the road.

The Jazz have NO advantage; they haven't even kept the games close enough to get any real playoff experience.

Home or not, they have yet to deal with the Spur's defense at its absolute toughest: 1 minute left, close game; playoffs. You think the Jazz are ready to deal with THAT intensity? They aren't. For this Jazz team to beat the Spurs, IMO, they are going to need a 10 point lead with 3 minutes left - even then DON'T bet the farm.

The playoffs have levels of intensity that the Jazz simply haven't faced yet. They are playing their first opponent which has any playoff experience to speak of! They have none themselves!

George Gervin's Afro
05-24-2007, 08:54 AM

Yes. You are correct.

41times
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
When Miami got knocked out, AbC and the league were pulling for Chicago in the East.

When the Suns got knocked out they were cursing their bad luck.

Now they are screwed because Bron-Bron is not going to make it to the Finals.

My hope is that the ratings are bad and that causes a firestorm of Anti-Sperm sentiment and he gets the Trump call......You're FIRED! what a glorious day that would be.

BreezeHillBill
05-24-2007, 10:19 AM
When Miami got knocked out, AbC and the league were pulling for Chicago in the East.

When the Suns got knocked out they were cursing their bad luck.

Now they are screwed because Bron-Bron is not going to make it to the Finals.

My hope is that the ratings are bad and that causes a firestorm of Anti-Sperm sentiment and he gets the Trump call......You're FIRED! what a glorious day that would be.
Mavs fans got something against the commish? Howcum?

CubanMustGo
05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Mavs fans got something against the commish? Howcum?

They wanted Stern to give them a do-over for their first round series. Make it a best-of-nine or something.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Screw ratings -- the 2005 NBA Finals were EPIC.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2007, 10:47 AM
The Jazz have NO advantage; they haven't even kept the games close enough to get any real playoff experience.

Home or not, they have yet to deal with the Spur's defense at its absolute toughest: 1 minute left, close game; playoffs. You think the Jazz are ready to deal with THAT intensity? They aren't. For this Jazz team to beat the Spurs, IMO, they are going to need a 10 point lead with 3 minutes left - even then DON'T bet the farm.

The playoffs have levels of intensity that the Jazz simply haven't faced yet. They are playing their first opponent which has any playoff experience to speak of! They have none themselves!

People are seriously underestimating Utah. It's going to be tough to get a game there. And you seem to want to overlook they've got two Spurs killers on their squad - Okur and Fisher.

These guys haven't played well yet but they'll get a boost playing at home.

ancestron
05-24-2007, 11:18 AM

agreed.

TampaDude
05-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Yup...nothing like a Game 7... :toast

rascal
05-24-2007, 12:03 PM
If that happens, I will donate a testicle to science. I made the same offer if Phoenix were to beat the Spurs. Still have two man-sacks in tact! :clap

You were going to give them up after you were dead!

rascal
05-24-2007, 01:36 PM
The league and ABC are rooting for the Spurs at this point to come out of the west. I think it's safe to say they want Cleveland there, but it will probably be Detroit.

As bad as the spurs are for ratings, Utah is even worse.

41times
05-24-2007, 01:44 PM
They wanted Stern to give them a do-over for their first round series. Make it a best-of-nine or something.

Hell we could not have beaten them if it was a best of 27 series.

Did they not learn anything from the previous 7 meetings over the last 2 years where we went a whopping 1 for 7!

Bad Matchups man, Bad Matchups.......

Oh, and EFF David Sperm and Eff Stu Jack-off