PDA

View Full Version : So, What will jazz do in Game 3?

raspsa
05-24-2007, 03:37 AM
The Spurs have done their job and held serve on their homecourt. Jerry Sloan will have 3 days to come up with a strategy to win game 3 otherwise its almost inconceivable that the Jazz could sweep the Spurs in games 4-7. So I'd like to have your thoughts on what we might expect from them in the next game. My predictions:

- more aggressive,physical interior defense to cut off Tony/Manu penetrations.
- use reserve big men to foul Duncan lot and see if he can make free throws.
- Play zone and see if Spurs can continue to hit from the perimeter.
- crash the boards, specially offensive. go hard to the basket and try to get the Spurs into foul trouble

Beno Udrih
05-24-2007, 03:42 AM
IMO some minor adjustments will be made. But the overall intensity by the Jazz will be raised a couple of notches. In the playoffs, teams know what the other team is going to do, the only difference is who can execute their game plan better.

raspsa
05-24-2007, 03:48 AM
IMO some minor adjustments will be made. But the overall intensity by the Jazz will be raised a couple of notches. In the playoffs, teams know what the other team is going to do, the only difference is who can execute their game plan better.

Aside from Boozer and Williams, none of the other Jazz players have really made an impact. So we'll see if a friendly crowd manages to inspire a better performance from their team.

AnkleBreaker21
05-24-2007, 03:51 AM
hope to dear god that the spurs will be like the houston rockets and rollover:lol:lol

Beno Udrih
05-24-2007, 03:53 AM
Aside from Boozer and Williams, none of the other Jazz players have really made an impact. So we'll see if a friendly crowd manages to inspire a better performance from their team.
Well during the Houston series AK47 sucked ass the first 2 games. But when they got home he had a good game. The same can be said for Fish. After flying back from NY after his daughters surgery. He hit a crucial shot during the last minutes of the game. There's no question that the Energy Solutions Arena his a tough place to play in. It's times like theses that we see the benefits of the Rodeo Road Trip.

longrod
05-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Lose.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Lose.

Riveting analysis. :D

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I think Pop may make a few tweaks in the "D" himself, to control Boozer and Williams a little better.

If quarter #2 goes the way it has in the last couple, I don't think the Jazz will come back this time.

That seems to be where the Jazz start to blow and relax a little.

Pop has the Spurs pushing to play hard the full 48.

T Park
05-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I think Sloan will try and do the "force Parker to beat us with jumpers" but they tried that in game 2 and he still got to the rim.

I think He will try and get D Fish going earlier along with AK47.

If the Spurs bring a good defensive intensity, and just run the offense and move the ball, they will be fine.

The games wont be 20 point blowouts, but they should be akin to the 4th quarter of game 2, spurs ahead comfortably, and Utah hanging close till the last 3 minutes then rolling over.

IMO, if SA can win game 3, they will sweep.

If the Spurs win game 3, Duncan might go off on a Lakers game 6 03 like game, 30 some odd points 18 boards 5 blocks.

When hes close to the ring, he seems to ratchet his game up another notch.

Lets hope Timmy stays agressive in going to the hole as well as Ginobili and Parker.

BTW, Finley, dude, don't be a stranger on them drives to the hole like that. You could do that everytime with Fisher or someone else guarding you :)

T Park
05-24-2007, 09:38 AM
crash the boards, specially offensive. go hard to the basket and try to get the Spurs into foul trouble

The Spurs seemed to counter that very well, by getting out and running as soon as the shot went up I believe.

Someone mentioned it, but I'm not able to put it into words as eloquently.

But the adjustment in game 2, to get out of the box quicker, really negated the Jazz from getting offensive boards.

They will get theirs due to Boozer, Milsap, AK47 and what not being that good, but it really knocked those chances down.

Phenomanul
05-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Pump more air to their game basketballs. The 'Delta Air' Arena controversy.

Jimcs50
05-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Try to win

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 09:51 AM
BTW, Finley, dude, don't be a stranger on them drives to the hole like that. You could do that everytime with Fisher or someone else guarding you

Just love the way Fin stuffs that ball on those drives. He really should do it more often.

longrod
05-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Riveting analysis. :D

If this was still the Phoenix series I'd attach about 3,000 words on all the external factors that contribute to the Sun's loss. But we have stepped over that pile.

nkdlunch
05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
jazz will win game 3.

TampaDude
05-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Lose.

:toast

td4mvp21
05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
What every other team does the first time they make an adjustment to the Spurs: clog the paint.

thousandth
05-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Lose.

Yes :clap no kidding :lol :lol

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Stop TP from getting to the paint and stop letting Spurs get easy buckets.

I'm expecting a really physical game on Sat.