PDA

View Full Version : Ak47

50 cent
05-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Is it just me or has he totally regressed in the last year and a half. He looked like he was on the verge of becoming a household name on the level of a Gasol or Ray Allen type guy (not quite a superstar, but damn good).

Lately he seems to have fallen off some. I used to think he would be the perfect player for the Spurs, but now I'm not so sure. I know Pop would love him for his defensive ability, but where had his overall game gone?

T Park
05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Boozer and Williams have taken ALOT of shots away, as have Okur, D Fish and Harpring.

I think Finley deserves a bit of credit also for some good defense.

mathbzh
05-24-2007, 10:09 AM
He had a great series against GSW and an awfull one against Houston. I don't know what to think. I hope he will not wake up till the series is over.

leemajors
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
kirilenko blocks shots, but he isn't a great 1v1 defender.

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Is it just me or has he totally regressed in the last year and a half. He looked like he was on the verge of becoming a household name on the level of a Gasol or Ray Allen type guy (not quite a superstar, but damn good).

Lately he seems to have fallen off some. I used to think he would be the perfect player for the Spurs, but now I'm not so sure. I know Pop would love him for his defensive ability, but where had his overall game gone?

That was me. I was wishing we could get him in a Spurs uniform last year...This year I'm not so sure that would be a good thing.

Maestro
05-24-2007, 10:37 AM
AK has had a really really rough year.
Whoever it was that said Boozer & Williams are getting a lot of his shots was partially right.
Also...when AK was at his best was the year(s) he was playing the power forward position. Now that he is a wing man, he feels a little out of position...which is a little funny because he is undersized for a PF.
He has had a really bad year, but came alive in the playoffs after he had a good cry on national tv.
I think it all started when he got his "max contract". He seemed to go way downhill after that.
You guys want him? We'll give him up for Duncan and Manu. :smokin

L.I.T
05-24-2007, 10:39 AM
That was me. I was wishing we could get him in a Spurs uniform last year...This year I'm not so sure that would be a good thing.

The guy averaged 8 pts, 5 boards, 3 assists and 2 blocks in 29 minutes a game during the regular season; pretty good stuff across the board. His numbers are down across the board, but there is a lot more talent on that team now. He's about where he should be, a fourth or fifth option.

On the Spurs, he'd be a great small-ball power forward, especially since the Spurs defense is predicated on funneling guys into the paint. AK47's forte has always been help defense and shot-blocking.

In the traditional Spurs line-up (Duncan at PF), he's a man without a position on offense. You'd be forced to play him at SF, but his jumper is suspect and he isn't a three-point threat.

He's still a very talented defensive player, there is no doubt about that, and a guy who can help the team in different categories. But he's not a second or third option on a championship caliber squad.

41times
05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
He's a goofy looking M'Fer but he's got a cool nickname.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 01:16 PM
kirilenko blocks shots, but he isn't a great 1v1 defender.

VERY true. Manu loves playing against AK.

hater
05-24-2007, 01:24 PM
AK47 my ass.... more like water pistol

Brutalis
05-24-2007, 01:26 PM
He got slow cause he thinks too much.

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 03:36 PM
AK did indeed have a very brutal year. He's got a max contract, but didn't have close to a max year. I'd love to have him on the Spurs, though.

That's usually an automatic question and answer that goes through my mind when I evaluate any NBA player. Would he fit here or not? More often it's NOT.

Spurminator
05-24-2007, 03:38 PM
He's playing out of position.

mrsmaalox
05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
AK47 my ass.... more like water pistol
:lmao Definitely the most over-rated player I've seen in my entire 3yr basketball fan career

J.T.
05-24-2007, 05:07 PM
He used to stuff the boxscore every night. I don't know what happened. Probably the Williams-Boozer tandem getting more attention.

ALVAREZ6
05-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah it was either last year or two years ago, AK blew it up. This year I guess other guys are stepping up and I heard he was in bad terms with the FO or coach or something like that, but the point is he didn't play as much for some time in the regular season.

mrsmaalox
05-24-2007, 08:33 PM
It slipped my mind, but I believe he was injured most of last season?

BigBeezie
05-25-2007, 12:12 AM
I though he was injured as well. That probably let Boozer and Deron 'gel' a little more.

powerpower
05-25-2007, 06:15 AM
would u give up manu for AK-47?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2007, 09:03 AM
only good thing about ak47 is that his wife allows him to cheat once a year....

now....

50 cent
05-25-2007, 11:35 AM
The guy has loser mentality. Read the comments he made about them being outmatched in Jim's thread.

:td

bdictjames
05-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Still the Best help defender in the league. But this Utah system just isn't for him. He's just the fourth option for the team.