PDA

View Full Version : Anybody wish we were playing the Mavs?

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
It's too bad the Mavs choked against GS. I was really looking forward to a rematch.

You have to admit, playing the Jazz is a little anti-climactic after playing the Suns.

I'm a Spurs fan first, but I'm also a fan of competitive basketball. I'm hoping the Jazz can make it interesting in games 3 and 4.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 10:58 AM
It's too bad the Mavs choked against GS. I was really looking forward to a rematch.

You have to admit, playing the Jazz is a little anti-climactic after playing the Suns.

I'm a Spurs fan first, but I'm also a fan of competitive basketball. I'm hoping the Jazz can make it interesting in games 3 and 4.

Yeah the Jazz series has been a little boring.....but I love winning :).

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Cmon don't write us off yet. You know we're beasts at home and this series has a really good chance to be at 2-2.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Cmon don't write us off yet. You know we're beasts at home and this series has a really good chance to be at 2-2.

Trying not too, but come on the last 2 games have been a Clinic. A for Effort though :).

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Sometimes I do. However right now, I'm having too much fun dancing on top of the Mavs' grave. Since I live here in Dallas, I'm loving every bit of the local failure discussion and obvious Spurs championship envy.

L.I.T
05-24-2007, 11:01 AM

Exhibit A for why I'm enjoying this series. Good fans.

But...I would have liked to have seen the Spurs eliminate the Mavs. God, that woulda been sweet.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Sometimes I do. However right now, I'm having too much fun dancing on top of the Mavs' grave. Since I live here in Dallas, I'm loving every bit of the local failure discussion and obvious Spurs championship envy.

It must have been rough on you last year?

Darkwaters
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM

Maybe. But I'm thinking 3-1 is more likely. Honestly though, you have to understand something. The feud with Dallas is a very recent struggle and left a bitter taste in our mouth last year. It's not so much that we feel Utah is inferior as that we just wanted to pound the shit out of Dallas.

ATRAIN

But...I would have liked to have seen the Spurs eliminate the Mavs. God, that woulda been sweet.

Yeah the Jazz fans are so humble. :) You see how peaceful it can be when you don't try to knock us on OUR site.

Shred
The Mavs, I bet.

Darkwaters
05-24-2007, 11:03 AM

Agreed. The Suns fans were ravenous dogs and the Dallas fans can often be just plain annoying. The Jazz fans have been very classy even while getting beat up in the first two games. If nothing else I applaud their level of sportsmanship.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Even with the Nuggets, there was always that sense that the Spurs could lose. I haven't felt that yet in this series.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-24-2007, 11:04 AM
It'd have been seet revenge but I don't need anymore heart palpitations this month.

mavsfan1000
05-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Spurs in 5 vs the jazz. Congrats the the Jazz for getting this far though but you just don't match up well to the spurs. Especially since the spurs are playing their best basketball right now.

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
It must have been rough on you last year?

Brother, you don't know the half of it.

That Game 7 loss and aftermath was crushing. The local players and fans became so pompous as though they had already won the NBA Championship.

However, the Miami Heat came in to save the season.

I'll always be grateful to the Heat for that.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
It'd have been seet revenge but I don't need anymore heart palpitations this month.

haha I was thinking that too, ive been calm and relaxed.

Sweetey
05-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Even with the Nuggets, there was always that sense that the Spurs could lose. I haven't felt that yet in this series.
I can't find any reason to "HATE" the Jazz like I HATE the Mavs and Suns. I just don't feel the fire and passion in this series. I look for the Spurs to come home from these 2 games as 2007 WC Champions. The Finals with the Pistons will be much more exciting.

lebomb

I agree......Spurs fans arent giving Utah enough credit.....it could very well be 2-2 by next week.

ATRAIN

That Game 7 loss and aftermath was crushing. The local players and fans became so pompous as though they had already won the NBA Championship.

lol oh the Heat won......I didnt even watch the finals hahaha. Yeah I was rooting for Maimi in a way. I really hated Shaq getting another ring though.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 11:08 AM
If Dirk had played against GS the way he played against the Spurs (game 7 especially), Mavs probably win that series.

I really don't understand it. Dirk was willing do attack the paint against one of the best defenses in the league (Spurs) and he wouldn't do that against GS? It boggles the mind.

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM
In a way, I wish we would have had the chance to stomp the Mavs ass and eliminate them for the season.

But it was such sweet revenge to see a team like Golden State have the (just mail us the trophy) Mavs talking to themselves.

I was cheering for GS almost as much as I was cheering for the Spurs.

Oh, Gee!!
Yep

TampaDude

Yup...I was a Heat fan for the finals last year...easy cuz I live in Florida...FUCK THE MAVS!!! :lol

Corn on the Colb
Spurs in 5 vs the jazz. Congrats the the Jazz for getting this far though but you just don't match up well to the spurs. Especially since the spurs are playing their best basketball right now.

I think it's that more than matching up.

If Okur would just play the way he usually does, S.A.'s 7-footers won't be out on him, Okur would get even more looks from 3 than he is already. Also, if AK would make a defensive impact on these penetrations, then this series could change. It's just Ginobli and Parker are playing too well, they read everything, even when AK comes from their blindside, it's like they know he's there, and they kick it out to a Finley or Barry for a wide open 3.

The Spurs are playing beautiful basketball, but our rebounding will keep us with a pulse in every game. We just have to hit more shots and play better defense. Sounds simple, but it's not! :D

Regardless, the Spurs are putting on a clinic.

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Trying not too, but come on the last 2 games have been a Clinic. A for Effort though :).

That's kind of what I'm trying to look at. I mean we got dominated in those 2 games hard, but what were the final scores? We only lost by 8 & 9 respectively when they should have been 20 point blowouts.

Findog
05-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Maybe. But I'm thinking 3-1 is more likely. Honestly though, you have to understand something. The feud with Dallas is a very recent struggle and left a bitter taste in our mouth last year. It's not so much that we feel Utah is inferior as that we just wanted to pound the shit out of Dallas.

I guess you'll just have to "settle" for another title instead. Poow wittle Spuuws.

Doug Collins
05-24-2007, 11:12 AM
This Jazz series could become the Sonics series of 2005. The first two games were pretty easy wins for the Spurs but those Sonics played at a different level when they were at home, especially their role players. If Okur and D-Fish start hitting buckets the Jazz will be tough to beat in Salt Lake. That said, the Spurs only need one up there and should they get it no doubt they close it out back in Sa.

Johnny RIngo
05-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Didn't the Spurs blowout the Pistons in Games 1 and 2 of the Finals? The Pistons came back and made a series out of it when they headed back home so maybe we shouldn't be writing off the Jazz just yet. I have a feeling the next two games are going to be very tough.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:14 AM

If Okur would just play the way he usually does, S.A.'s 7-footers won't be out on him, Okur would get even more looks from 3 than he is already. Also, if AK would make a defensive impact on these penetrations, then this series could change. It's just Ginobli and Parker are playing too well, they read everything, even when AK comes from their blindside, it's like they know he's there, and they kick it out to a Finley or Barry for a wide open 3.

The Spurs are playing beautiful basketball, but our rebounding will keep us with a pulse in every game. We just have to hit more shots and play better defense. Sounds simple, but it's not! :D

Yeah it has been a Clinic......I hope the jazz make it a better series though..I feel bad for them (except for Fisher)

DarrinS
That's kind of what I'm trying to look at. I mean we got dominated in those 2 games hard, but what were the final scores? We only lost by 8 & 9 respectively when they should have been 20 point blowouts.

When the Spurs get a 20 point lead, they very rarely keep on the throttle. Both games 1 and 2 were over at the half and the Spurs did just enough not to let the Jazz get too close.

Corn on the Colb

A loss is a loss broseph.

And for whoever said 'A for effort' (A-Train I think it was)....We are showing a half-assed attempt at giving an effort compared to what we usually are doing. Guys are whining, blaming officials and teammates for their mistakes....These aren't the usual Jazz. These are the Jazz who collapsed at the end of the season. It's a shame they came back, we were having so much fun before! :D

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Not taking anything for granted. This could come back here tied. I know Utah is a tough gym to play in, but this Spurs team right now looks like they are on a mission and nothing is going to get in their way this time.

I suspect a split in Utah, but if the Spurs pull out game 3, I'm not sure the Jazz will have enough in the tank to compete very well in game 4. They will know they are bucking almost impossible odds.

That said, the Jazz fans on this board have truley been amazing compared to fans from other teams we have competed with. Lots of sportsmanship and lots of knowledge. Find it hard to even have a grudge against this team.

Enjoy the sportsmanship while you can, cause I suspect we are going to get a dose of trolls, if we win WC, not matter which team comes outta the East.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah it has been a Clinic......I hope the jazz make it a better series though..I feel bad for them (except for Fisher)

Teehee. :p:

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
A loss is a loss broseph.

And for whoever said 'A for effort' (A-Train I think it was)....We are showing a half-assed attempt at giving an effort compared to what we usually are doing. Guys are whining, blaming officials and teammates for their mistakes....These aren't the usual Jazz. These are the Jazz who collapsed at the end of the season. It's a shame they came back, we were having so much fun before! :D

Deron and Boozer are playing well -- you just need more bench production. That's really where the Spurs have dominated.

Also, what's up with Boozer's defense? I'm amazed he's letting Oberto fly by him for easy layups.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
When the Spurs get a 20 point lead, they very rarely keep on the throttle. Both games 1 and 2 were over at the half and the Spurs did just enough not to let the Jazz get too close.

So true. We don't want to run up the score.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Deron and Boozer are playing well -- you just need more bench production. That's really where the Spurs have dominated.

Also, what's up with Boozer's defense? I'm amazed he's letting Oberto fly by him for easy layups.

FAAAAAABRRRRIIIIIIICCCCCOOOOO

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Not taking anything for granted. This could come back here tied. I know Utah is a tough gym to play in, but this Spurs team right now looks like they are on a mission and nothing is going to get in their way this time.

I suspect a split in Utah, but if the Spurs pull out game 3, I'm not sure the Jazz will have enough in the tank to compete very well in game 4. They will know they are bucking almost impossible odds.

That said, the Jazz fans on this board have truley been amazing compared to fans from other teams we have competed with. Lots of sportsmanship and lots of knowledge. Find it hard to even have a grudge against this team.

Enjoy the sportsmanship while you can, cause I suspect we are going to get a dose of trolls, if we win WC, not matter which team comes outta the East.

I feel the same way about the Spurs fans. But I thought they were better than what they showed in Game 1 (the lack of a sell out, obviously)... And I thought they were louder.

One big thing I love about the people on this board is that they don't praise the GS crowd, they know where the loudest arena in the NBA is, and they'll be there Saturday. The national media praised the Warriors and their fair-weather crowd, even put up a little 'Sound-o-meter' on the screen, only to discover the crowd was as loud as like a big orchestra or something.

Ha, now I'm just ranting. Spurs fans are knowledgable and actually worth chatting with. Head over to www.goldenstwarriors.com.....see how much fun you have before you do this >>>>> :pctoss

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:20 AM

When the Spurs have gotten up by like 17 and 18 though the numbers are so far in their favor I'm surprised it's even that close! Despite the Spurs looking sluggish in the 2nd halves of games they've hit the big shots when they've had to with the FT's in Game 1 and Bowen in Game 2.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:21 AM

He's bad at this.

Defense, that is.

He constantly stares at the ball, almost unwilling to see where his man is sometimes. It amazes me that he still gets boards without knowing where anybody is at. Fabuloso Oburn-boozer-o is fast. Or at least he looks fast compared to the cement in Booz's shoes.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:22 AM
When the Spurs have gotten up by like 17 and 18 though the numbers are so far in their favor I'm surprised it's even that close! Despite the Spurs looking sluggish in the 2nd halves of games they've hit the big shots when they've had to with the FT's in Game 1 and Bowen in Game 2.

If it weren't for his timely 3's, I think we could be talking about how Utah stole one they really shouldn't have in Game 2. Each time we were making a clutch run, and he took the wind out of us.

Sucks for us. Deja vu of the Warriors with those 11 3's.

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Also Boozer really looks like the goat for this whole Oberto clinic, but it's moreso just the Spurs executing. Multiple times in Game 2 I saw Boozer in the key by himself with 2 Spurs around him without the ball. All TP or whoever had to do was give it to one of them because Booze was just trying to play both of them. I didn't like the job he did in Game 1, but in the 2nd game it wasn't entirely his fault.

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM

That seems to be a cosistent problem with the Spurs....Taking the foot off the gas and letting teams back in. It's happened all season long. And has in fact cost us a few games.

You know, we went out to Phoenix and took game one, and even Tony said he thought they played game 2 like they were satisfied with the split. It could have cost them big time in the end. Just luckily it didn"t.

Pop has to keep them focused for 48 to prevent that happening again. I really hope they are able to finish this thing off in Utah. Don't even want to see them come back here 2-2.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:24 AM
He's bad at this.

Defense, that is.

He constantly stares at the ball, almost unwilling to see where his man is sometimes. It amazes me that he still gets boards without knowing where anybody is at. Fabuloso Oburn-boozer-o is fast. Or at least he looks fast compared to the cement in Booz's shoes.

Ive never been a Boozer fan and think he is slightly over-rated. He is a decent role player but never the cornerstone of a team. I think he was overpaid.

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM

Good points. Let's remember the Rockets were up 2-0 against the Jazz too and lost the series - in Game 7 - at home! Sound familiar?

Let's not book reservations for Detroit just yet. The Jazz are too good of a team to overlook. They're just not going to lay down -especially in their building. There's still work to do.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Also Boozer really looks like the goat for this whole Oberto clinic, but it's moreso just the Spurs executing. Multiple times in Game 2 I saw Boozer in the key by himself with 2 Spurs around him without the ball. All TP or whoever had to do was give it to one of them because Booze was just trying to play both of them. I didn't like the job he did in Game 1, but in the 2nd game it wasn't entirely his fault.

But all 28 of Oberto's points are his fault. Every one of them. I think he has had 14 backdoor cuts for layups in this series.

As for you seeing Booz guarding two guys, I believe you saw the retarded zone Sloan threw us into inexplicably. We NEVER run zone, and the Spurs absolutely exploited it every single time we dropped into it. I'd rather see us get schooled in man instead of having to sit through the torturous way the Spurs' motion offense and ball movement blows right through Utah's weak attempt at playing zone. Bad move Mr. Sloan. :nope

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Ive never been a Boozer fan and think he is slightly over-rated. He is a decent role player but never the cornerstone of a team. I think he was overpaid.

Not sure about right now, but he was averaging 25 and 14 for the 'offs after the W's series.

Pretty good.

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 11:28 AM
So true. We don't want to run up the score.

Yeah, cause Pop will chew their ass for running up the score.

Remember the blowout in game 1 of the Finals in 05 (I think it was) where Nazr hit that three pointer as time was running out? I think Nazr was in Pops doghouse from then on.

Maybe everyone is just afraid of the "wrath of Pop" if they run up the score.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Also, if Parker is allowed to get that deep in the paint, he's good enough to get the ball to an open shooter. The key is to stop him (I'm not giving away any trade secrets here). If the Jazz can force ALL of the action to go through Tim at the post, the Spurs offense tends to stagnate. Let's see if Sloan makes the adjustment.

Also, I've really been impressed with Milsap (sp?). He's an athletic freak and he's not very tall (6'7" ?).

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:30 AM
All of Oberto's points haven't been Boozer's fault like you said. You said yourself it was the zone we went into for who the hell knows why. Also Boozer definitely isn't overpaid, despite his lackluster defense he more often than not makes up for it on the offensive side and rebounds.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Also, I've really been impressed with Milsap (sp?). He's an athletic freak and he's not very tall (6'7" ?).

He's an absolute monster on the boards/hustle plays, isn't he?

He was listed at 6'6" 1/4 at the Rocky Mountain Revue.

SO happy we have him.

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Millsap is a stud without a doubt. Still kinda hard to fit him in at times, but you just have to do it because he is seriously a game changer. He won't rack the points up, but he will instantly bring in energy and is almost guaranteed to grab a few offensive boards.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
He's an absolute monster on the boards/hustle plays, isn't he?

He was listed at 6'6" 1/4 at the Rocky Mountain Revue.

SO happy we have him.

He reminds me of a former-Spur by the name of Malik Rose.

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 11:32 AM
But all 28 of Oberto's points are his fault. Every one of them. I think he has had 14 backdoor cuts for layups in this series.

As for you seeing Booz guarding two guys, I believe you saw the retarded zone Sloan threw us into inexplicably. We NEVER run zone, and the Spurs absolutely exploited it every single time we dropped into it. I'd rather see us get schooled in man instead of having to sit through the torturous way the Spurs' motion offense and ball movement blows right through Utah's weak attempt at playing zone. Bad move Mr. Sloan. :nope

I didn't know Boozer was such an awful defensive player. I can't understand how he gets so lost out there.

He is a beast both on offense and on the glass, though.

SAGambler
05-24-2007, 11:32 AM
The national media praised the Warriors and their fair-weather crowd, even put up a little 'Sound-o-meter' on the screen, only to discover the crowd was as loud as like a big orchestra or something.

Seldom ever get to see a GS game other than when the Spurs play there, but from what the media was saying (if they can be believed) that the fans have been like that all year long out there.

Watching them play Dallas on their court sorta reminded me of how it was here when it looked like the Spurs would finally bring the trophy home.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
All of Oberto's points haven't been Boozer's fault like you said. You said yourself it was the zone we went into for who the hell knows why. Also Boozer definitely isn't overpaid, despite his lackluster defense he more often than not makes up for it on the offensive side and rebounds.

I said when Boozer was guarding two people at once, it was the zone's fault. Even when Utah was in the zone, it was usually Elson @ C for the Spurs.

Boozer may 'make up for it' on offense in some people's eyes, but he really needs to step up his defensive play the rest of this series. Okur did it on Yao, and sacrificed his offensive game because of it. And we won. Now, we can't afford to have Boozer absent on the offensive end, but he is just flat out lazy on D. Minus the one fluke steal/fast break/dunk.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I didn't know Boozer was such an awful defensive player. I can't understand how he gets so lost out there.

He is a beast both on offense and on the glass, though.

You'd think playing at Duke would be a good sign.

I'm afraid to watch our National Team if they're going to play D how Coach K wants 'em to.

hater
05-24-2007, 11:35 AM
I like the matchup with Utah. It will only get better. Spurs in 6.

and yeah, Boozer's defense sucks

ATRAIN
He reminds me of a former-Spur by the name of Malik Rose.

Yeah he does.

DarrinS

I saw AK man-to-man on Ginobili a few times. Not good.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Seldom ever get to see a GS game other than when the Spurs play there, but from what the media was saying (if they can be believed) that the fans have been like that all year long out there.

Watching them play Dallas on their court sorta reminded me of how it was here when it looked like the Spurs would finally bring the trophy home.

I never got to watch them either (thank God, it's like a bad opponent online in NBA 2K7)....But the thing that I hate is that Stern tried to force them to become 'America's Team.' If you will. And the way they play takes away from teams who play beautiful basketball (Spurs, Jazz, Pistons...weird, the teams still alive...). And then they downplay the WCF as boring. That's the worst part. The Jazz have a helluva HCA when they play at Energy Solutions Arena (or the Radium Stadium :D)... And get no credit.

That's where my beef comes from. :fro

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:37 AM
I saw AK man-to-man on Ginobili a few times. Not good.

Ugly huh?

Remember the step-back from the top of the key that Manu had while Giricek was guarding him. Nasty.

hanto03
05-24-2007, 11:38 AM
i want to comment on the SPURS v muffs question. personally, im glad we are not playing them. not to sound like d'antonio, but the SPURS are more talented than the muffs and therefore should beat them. unfortunately, i think because of the disappointing series loss last year and the laffing ejection this year they had a vulcan mind meld type advantage. the way things are turning out this year, i think that advantage is gone. we will dominate for the next four to five years.

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I laughed at the decibel meter at Oracle. We could've gotten it that high easily, but they just don't show it on the screen. Not to mention it's old news, they did that for us in '97.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
i want to comment on the SPURS v muffs question. personally, im glad we are not playing them. not to sound like d'antonio, but the SPURS are more talented than the muffs and therefore should beat them. unfortunately, i think because of the disappointing series loss last year and the laffing ejection this year they had a vulcan mind meld type advantage. the way things are turning out this year, i think that advantage is gone. we will dominate for the next four to five years.

Who is the muffs?

That doesn't make sense.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I laughed at the decibel meter at Oracle. We could've gotten it that high easily, but they just don't show it on the screen. Not to mention it's old news, they did that for us in '97.

I think it's louder now. :hungry:

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Okur's game reminds me of Arvydas Sabonis, without the interior presence and fancy passing. :lol

I'm kidding.

peskypesky

Yep. I wish we were playing the Mavs to get revenge for last year. With a healthy Duncan (unlike last year), I'd love for us to be smacking the Mavs around.

Corn on the Colb
Okur's game reminds me of Arvydas Sabonis, without the interior presence and fancy passing. :lol

I'm kidding.

It's because he's foreign, isn't it. :lol

Dipship31
I wanted Sabonis here so bad back in the day, it wasn't even funny.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey Corn..... I know the suns had some hot fans....how are the girls up in Utah?

hanto03
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
muffs is a nickname that i gave the mavericks. i converted it originally to muffericks which meant to me pussies. you've heard of muff = pussy, right? so the shortened version is muffs. i live in plano, suburb of dallas and have to put up with a lot of shit from the people i associate with about the SPURS.

peskypesky

Me too. I will always be grateful to the Heat for bitch-slapping those pompous Mavs and their buffoon owner.

DarrinS
Hey Corn..... I know the suns had some hot fans....how are the girls up in Utah?

Apparently, there's two or three chicks for each guy. Or, has that become illegal?

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:45 AM
LOL I thought I could get in here before the obvious polygamy comments! Anyway women here are fantastic! A little prissy and uptight at times, but nice to look at.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Well, I live in Nevada, but I used to live in Utah and I'm there all the time. Girls in Utah are freaky-hot. I was just in Phoenix (and my girlfriend is from there) and the girls are nice, but I'm still biased to Utah's and California's girls. Plus, and I'll be the first to say that the majority of Utah's population is non-Mormon, but the Mormon girls are getting hotter by the second. My friends and I had this discussion like two days ago :lol. They get freaky, after being sheltered for about 17 years. You'd like 'em. Keep an eye out. Hopefully the hot chick camera is on full 'Scope the Crowd' mode Saturday. :D

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Apparently, there's two or three chicks for each guy. Or, has that become illegal?

hahaha yeah I think that has been illegal for some time now.

50 cent
05-24-2007, 11:49 AM
From a basketball fan perspective, this series is a little boring.

From a Spurs fan perspective, I'll take the easier road. I have noticed that my anxiety is much lower in games against the Jazz than against the Suns or Mavs. It's probably better for my overall health.

SenorSpur
05-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, I live in Nevada, but I used to live in Utah and I'm there all the time. Girls in Utah are freaky-hot. I was just in Phoenix (and my girlfriend is from there) and the girls are nice, but I'm still biased to Utah's and California's girls. Plus, and I'll be the first to say that the majority of Utah's population is non-Mormon, but the Mormon girls are getting hotter by the second. My friends and I had this discussion like two days ago :lol. They get freaky, after being sheltered for about 17 years. You'd like 'em. Keep an eye out. Hopefully the hot chick camera is on full 'Scope the Crowd' mode Saturday. :D

I hope they wont be wearing their John Deere baseball caps :lmao

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:51 AM

Hell yeah when I was a teenager back at my parents house my mom used to laugh at me cause I would go outside and talk to the Mormon girls cause yeah they were hot. I was all pretending i was interested in going to their church. :).

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Like Corn said, once they come of age and are able to really do their own thing tons of them try to make up for lost time.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
I wanted Sabonis here so bad back in the day, it wasn't even funny.

Dude was like 31 years old his rookie season. :lol

J.T.
05-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I would have liked to play the Mavs, especially because right now we are playing our best basketball and it would have been a great series, no doubt. But like I said before the playoffs started, I want another title. Who we play to win takes a back seat to seeing the guys hold the trophy up in a few more weeks, especially Fin.

I'm a huge fan of Deron Williams though, so I don't mind playing Utah in particular. I really don't have anything against these Utah players. As far as I'm concerned they're solid guys that play hard and give their best effort. Thank god there's no drama in this series so far, not that Phoenix didn't pour more drama into that last series than the entire history of Days of our Lives. But the old Utah teams with Malone I did hate quite a lot, and all Spurs fans know why.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Like Corn said, once they come of age and are able to really do their own thing tons of them try to make up for lost time.

I have a friend up in Utah.....im going to have to go visit hahaha.

LEONARD
05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Yep, the Mavs f'd up and cost NBA fans another great series like last year's... :bang :pctoss

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I have a friend up in Utah.....im going to have to go visit hahaha.

Seriously they all are curious as hell.

BlackFlagg
05-24-2007, 12:00 PM
I would have liked to have seen the Spurs eliminate the Mavs. God, that woulda been sweet.

I dunno.. seeing them taken out by Golden Freakin' State was even sweeter. Just wasn't supposed to happen! :lol

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Dude was like 31 years old his rookie season. :lol

hahah whatever happened to that guy.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Seriously they all are curious as hell.

Speaking from experience?

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 12:03 PM

TRUST me.... :dizzy

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 12:03 PM
But the old Utah teams with Malone I did hate quite a lot, and all Spurs fans know why.

I know everyone hates Malone and Stockton, but this is the guy that would really piss me off, back in the day.

Jeff Hornacek
http://img.infoplease.com/images/pbhorna99.gif

And he had this weird ritual of wiping his face between each of his free throws -- very annoying.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 12:04 PM
TRUST me.... :dizzy

I want a story.....you can PM it to me if you want :).

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 12:05 PM
hahah whatever happened to that guy.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure he was responsible for a lot of Bigfoot sightings in Oregon.

Corn on the Colb
I know everyone hates Malone and Stockton, but this is the guy that would really piss me off, back in the day.

Jeff Hornacek
http://img.infoplease.com/images/pbhorna99.gif

And he had this weird ritual of wiping his face between each of his free throws -- very annoying.

Was it the face wiping or the way he drained it 94/100 times after he did that? :D

Testing
If Dirk had played against GS the way he played against the Spurs (game 7 especially), Mavs probably win that series.

I really don't understand it. Dirk was willing do attack the paint against one of the best defenses in the league (Spurs) and he wouldn't do that against GS? It boggles the mind.

Exactly!!!!!!

MoSpur
I would have liked to have seen a Mavs/Spurs series if only the Spurs would win of course. I think there would be a lot more drama, but I really don't care who the Spurs play to get another title. I just want them to win the whole thing again. I am really wanting Finley to get a ring.

The Jazz being down 2-0 doesn't mean the Spurs are automatically in the Finals. It just means the Spurs did what they had to do, which was protect their homecourt. The Jazz will come out much better in front of their home crowd. I think the Spurs have a tough game on their hands come Saturday. If the Jazz win game 3, the series could get a lot more interesting.

I really expected a lot more from Harpring and Okur in the first two games. Williams and Boozer have played well, but the rest of the team hasn't stepped up.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Was it the face wiping or the way he drained it 94/100 times after he did that? :D

Karl would set a screen for him and this guy seemed to never miss a jumpshot from the elbow. He was a great shooter. I'm glad he's gone.

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 12:10 PM

Yes I am! Had a girl in HS that was all good and whatnot and kinda didn't really want to do stuff so whatever, but we were together for a while and she slowly started to want it, bad. So then she finally got some and I swear she turned into a crazy one! She wanted it all the time!

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Yes I am! Had a girl in HS that was all good and whatnot and kinda didn't really want to do stuff so whatever, but we were together for a while and she slowly started to want it, bad. So then she finally got some and I swear she turned into a crazy one! She wanted it all the time!

Wasn't she in Wedding Crashers?

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 12:14 PM

She wasn't that crazy, but when the girl in the movie calms down a bit, she is hot as hell.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 12:15 PM

hahaha Yeah. I had an experience with a girl I dated in high school too, but she wasn't mormon. Never thought i would meet someone that wanted it more than me hahahaha.

MoSpur
05-24-2007, 12:17 PM
That girl from Wedding Crashers is married to that Borat dude isn't she?

ctpsb
05-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Some of my two cents' worth to what I've been reading on this thread.

Would have beating the Mavs been the cherry on top of a Finals appearance?
Absolutely. I don't think the Mavs and their fans would have felt much worse if they had lost to us than the way they did. They expected to win a title and that was their biggest disappointment.

HOWEVER it's all about championships for me and should be for most Spurs' fans I would think. Boring, exciting, close, blow-outs it doesn't matter to me. As long as that beautiful gold O'Brien trophy is at the end of the trip I will thoroughly enjoy it no matter what. Months and years from now what will we notice more? The image of three (four?, five?) trophies in our photos, on our T-shirts, etc or how they were won?

I'm not sure why everyone thinks we so outmatch the Jazz so far. We have been smart in taking advantage of their inexperience and the Spurs are certainly on a shooting roll right now. But how many times in the last few years have we soundly won our first two home games only to get BEAT UP ourselves the next two on the road (Lakers 2003) (Seattle, Detroit 2005)? Utah plays very well at home and they were down 2-0 to Houston just a few weeks ago. Sloan is a great coach and he will make necessary adjustments. We must continue to respect this team.

IF however we do wind up dominating Utah I for one will enjoy it. I think we Spurs' fans have gotten so used to very close games / series that I think we'll almost feel guilty for not having a close series. As others have said it has been so much stress the last few years I for one will enjoy a blowout series if it turns out to be one (provided that said blowout doesn't hurt their preparation for the Finals).

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
One the one hand, I would have liked to have exacted revenge.

On the other, as a Spurs fan in Dallas putting up with all the bullshit, I say fuck 'em.

All the Spurs can do is beat the teams put in front of them to beat. The fact the Mavs don't have the guts or desire to get by an eight seed is their problem.

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
That girl from Wedding Crashers is married to that Borat dude isn't she?

Really? This is my sista............she number 4 Kazikstan prostitute....its a nice!!

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I wish to make explosion inside of her...

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 12:26 PM
A Train, I PM'd you my story.

Not sure if Kori would want that story on the boards, or I'd have just posted it.

Dipship31
05-24-2007, 12:30 PM
A Train, I PM'd you my story.

Not sure if Kori would want that story on the boards, or I'd have just posted it.

LOL obviously I didn't care when posting mine.

Corn on the Colb
05-24-2007, 12:32 PM
LOL obviously I didn't care when posting mine.

Yeah mine is way longer and detailed.

I just PM'ed it out of respect for someone else's board.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Because the spurs were soft last year and we nowhere as physical as they were this year.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Because the spurs were soft last year and we nowhere as physical as they were this year.

Plantar fasciitis doesn't help.

LavaLamp
05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
However right now, I'm having too much fun dancing on top of the Mavs' grave. Since I live here in Dallas...

I have a co-worker based in Plano who is a die-hard Mavs fan. When the Mavs were having trouble against the Warriors, I dared not even discuss the games with him because at that time, his father was dying of cancer, and had just a few days to live.

Findog
05-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Plantar fasciitis doesn't help.

I've had that before. It's not THAT bad. A person can play on it, especially if they're getting round the clock treatment from the San Antonio Spurs trainers. It doesn't hinder your effectiveness. Duncan threw down a 32 and 13 last year in that series. The PF didn't come into play.

SpursDynasty
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
The Jazz are a better team than Dallas. I don't know why everyone thinks the road to the championship has to go through Dallas. They are average. Who cares about 67 shitty wins.

I wouldn't mind sweeping Utah so SA can rest for the Finals. It's a possibility.

41times
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I sure the hell do.......

ATRAIN
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah mine is way longer and detailed.

I just PM'ed it out of respect for someone else's board.

YESSSSS thats what im talking about. Stories are the best :).

batman2883
05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
i love not having a heart attack at the end of the game waiting to see if duncan or bowen will hit their critical clutch free throws

ImpartialObserver
05-24-2007, 02:21 PM

I was looking forward to that too as I thought that was the best playoff series by far last year. Say what you will about their style of play, but the Spurs have been involved in two of the three best and most exciting playoff series over the last two years. (Mavs/Spurs '6, GSW/Mavs '7, Suns/Spurs '7).

ATXSPUR
05-24-2007, 02:40 PM

What is with the hunger Spurs fans have for heart attack and hardship? I like excitement and climactic bball when the Spurs ARENT playing.

I just want to win.

And screw playing the mavs again.

shelshor
05-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Revenge against the Mavs would've been sweet, but surely, as Spurs fans, we've learned how to wait 'til next year by now
I find it refreshing to be in a series in which neither team is whining to the media
It's also nice to know there are rational fans who are capable of discussing the pros & cons of both teams
I've always respected Sloan as a player and as a coach--in fact, Bowen's inside-the other-player's-jersey defense reminds me a lot of Sloan when he was on the Bulls

Budkin
05-24-2007, 02:57 PM
No, seeing the Mavs choke was priceless. Plus it made an easier road to the championship for us.

florige
05-24-2007, 03:18 PM

Not me. I want this series over as quick as possible. Now the Detroit series I want to be competitive. And I think the Cavs will upset Detroit.

florige
05-24-2007, 03:25 PM

That was my whole gripe as well. That guy freakin plays like Jordan vs the Knicks against us the leagues best (and according to Amare dirtiest) defense. But then he goes off and plays against a creampuff team like GS and plays like Beno Udrih's first time getting playing time in game 7 of the NBA finals with a minute to go with the score tied at 98. I just don't get it.

41times
05-24-2007, 03:52 PM
That was my whole gripe as well. That guy freakin plays like Jordan vs the Knicks against us the leagues best (and according to Amare dirtiest) defense. But then he goes off and plays against a creampuff team like GS and plays like Beno Udrih's first time getting playing time in game 7 of the NBA finals with a minute to go with the score tied at 98. I just don't get it.

You think you've got a gripe? How about me, i invest about $6,000 a year in Mavs Season Tickets, we win 67 games and then get knocked out in the first round by f#cking GunShotWound and our EX Coach.....%@^#$@%@%!!!!!!

dav4463
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Hopefully the Spurs players aren't as overconfident as some of the Spur fans. The Jazz are a very dangerous team. They came back on Houston and if the Spurs get too overconfident, we could see a Dallas-style choke job. I hope the players stay completely focused.

florige
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
You think you've got a gripe? How about me, i invest about $6,000 a year in Mavs Season Tickets, we win 67 games and then get knocked out in the first round by f#cking GunShotWound and our EX Coach.....%@^#$@%@%!!!!!!

Man that kinda crap happens in sports. It took us a while before we won our first title. We went through years of disappointment on how Robinson was soft, the Spurs are too this too that. Once we broke through that made winning the first one all the better. Dirk has the abililty. If he plays aggressive against everybody else like he plays against us you guys will be fine. I mean it's not even just him, it seems like everytime Devin Harris plays us no matter what we do we can't stop him. I kinda see why alot of Spurs fans wanted anothet shot at Dallas now that I think about it. lol

dmac
05-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I can't find any reason to "HATE" the Jazz ...
I do, the JAZZ belong in New Orleans. Not the great salt lake city. Please trade names with the hornets, immediately.

that is all.

tmtcsc
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
The Mavs, I bet.

:lol :toast

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Man that kinda crap happens in sports. It took us a while before we won our first title. We went through years of disappointment on how Robinson was soft, the Spurs are too this too that. Once we broke through that made winning the first one all the better. Dirk has the abililty. If he plays aggressive against everybody else like he plays against us you guys will be fine. I mean it's not even just him, it seems like everytime Devin Harris plays us no matter what we do we can't stop him. I kinda see why alot of Spurs fans wanted anothet shot at Dallas now that I think about it. lol

Yeah, but the Spurs were losing to Malone/Stockton and Olajuwon's Rockets -- not an 8th seeded, small-ball, perimeter team.

DarrinS
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Hopefully the Spurs players aren't as overconfident as some of the Spur fans. The Jazz are a very dangerous team. They came back on Houston and if the Spurs get too overconfident, we could see a Dallas-style choke job. I hope the players stay completely focused.

Spurs >>>> Rockets

If the Spurs drop 4 of 5 to the Jazz, that would be a choke on the level of Mavs loss to GS.

florige
05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, but the Spurs were losing to Malone/Stockton and Olajuwon's Rockets -- not an 8th seeded, small-ball, perimeter team.

I know ours wasn't as disgraceful. lol But just trying to give the fan some solace in the matter that all hope isn't lost.

sammy
05-24-2007, 04:56 PM
No! I like having my blood pressure calm for a change!

timvp
05-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Who?

:smokin

CaptainLate
05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I know Mavs fans :cry wish we were playing the Mavs. :downspin:

Girasuck
05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I do, the JAZZ belong in New Orleans. Not the great salt lake city. Please trade names with the hornets, immediately.

that is all.

I actually agree with you. Utah is known as the Beehive State so it would make perfect sense to change names with New Orleans. Unfortunately this is the NBA we're talking about so perfect sense gets thrown out the window.

milkyway21
05-24-2007, 09:18 PM
after a tensed, so much publicity, Amare whining series against the Suns i don't think i still have the energy to even read what Cuban says if we play against the Mavs in the WC.

please, not again.
I'm happy now we compete against Utah. Once a rival in the Malone-Robinson era but now obviously shows how they respect the Spurs and play just good basketball.

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm happy now we compete against Utah. Once a rival in the Malone-Robinson era but now obviously shows how they respect the Spurs and play just good basketball.

Puh-leeze...You're happy because you have Utah down 2-zip. The mamby pamby Jazz will "respect" the Spurs all the way to a playoff series loss, probably in 5. Sadly, the Jazz are nothing more than a casual warm up for the NBA Finals. Please don't pretend that it's anything more than a formality, otherwise you might begin to believe that you actually deserve to advance to the Finals. The extraordinary circumstances of the Suns/Spurs series will deprive the Spurs of truly earning the NBA Championship this year. Like it or not, this championship year will always be defined by an arguably, arbitrary ruling.

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Nah, it'll be defined by one team winning 4 games against the other.

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Nah, it'll be defined by one team winning 4 games against the other.
Keep telling yourself that.

Spurminator
05-24-2007, 10:20 PM
You obviously don't know the meaning of the word "arbitrary."

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:22 PM
You obviously don't know the meaning of the word "arbitrary."
You obviously don't know the meaning of the word arguably.

mbass
05-24-2007, 10:22 PM

But don't get discouraged - you have a very good team. And these Spurs have been playing together for quite a while and that really helps their ability to "read" the plays. The consistency is a huge advantage.

BigBeezie
05-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I would have loved for the Spurs to be the team celebrating over beating Dallas. Though, I have to say that Dallas suffering national and historical humiliation is almost as good. The Spurs beating Dallas would not be something for the annals of the NBA, but the Mavs will forever be the team that lost to Golden State....an 8th seed.

Marcus Bryant
:baby Nobody's going to remember what happened in a 2nd round series when this playoffs is over. Perhaps in the 1st round, when the Mavs made NBA history, but that's about it.

Spurminator
You obviously don't know the meaning of the word arguably.

It's not arguable.

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:25 PM
It's not arguable.
Uh... ok...whatever :sleep

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Sun Fan is going to be bitter for a long, long time.

Good stuff. :)

Spurminator
05-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Glad we could come to an agreement.

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:30 PM
:baby Nobody's going to remember what happened in a 2nd round series when this playoffs is over. Perhaps in the 1st round, when the Mavs made NBA history, but that's about it.

Like I said man, keep telling yourself that. The Spurs and their fans have delusions of adequacy.

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Like I said, "a long, long time."

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Like I said, "a long, long time."

Delusions of adequacey.

Spurminator
05-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Clearly you're in Chapter "A" of your copy of "Advanced Vocabulary for the Beginning High Schooler."

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Delusions of relevance.

(it's "adequacy" btw).

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Clearly you're in Chapter "A" of your copy of "Advanced Vocabulary for the Beginning High Schooler."

...and stage 2 of grief?

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Clearly, your parents were siblings.

Spurminator
05-24-2007, 10:40 PM
That was arguably an arbitrary insult.

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Delusions of relevance.

(it's "adequacy" btw).
You've resorted to correcting my typo's? That's great.... :wakeup

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
You've resorted to correcting my typo's? That's great.... :wakeup

When you can post intelligently, that would be great.

Strike
05-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Do I wish we were playing the Mavs?

I really don't give a shit.

Truth be told, if Golden State was able to dispatch of them in that fashion, the Spurs could have had the potential to sweep them by 15 points per game.

Even if the Spurs would have played and beaten the Mavs in these playoffs, it was 10 times better watching them get owned in the 1st fucking round after one of the greatest regular seasons in NBA history!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Do I wish we were playing the Mavs?

I really don't give a shit.

Truth be told, if Golden State was able to dispatch of them in that fashion, the Spurs could have had the potential to sweep them by 15 points per game.

Even if the Spurs would have played and beaten the Mavs in these playoffs, it was 10 times better watching them get owned in the 1st fucking round after one of the greatest regular seasons in NBA history!
My sentiments exactly.

chorizo overdose
05-24-2007, 11:14 PM

lol

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 11:44 PM

intelligently

I guess they told all the dipshits to leave the room before they announced that correcting typo's is the lowest form of retort.

Marcus Bryant
05-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Uh oh, somebody's mad. :baby

Girasuck
05-24-2007, 11:47 PM
intelligently

I guess they told all the dipshits to leave the room before they announced that correcting typo's is the lowest form of retort.

Well, when you try to show yourself as an intelligent person on a message board and continually make typing errors, it doesn't help your case.

Budkin
05-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Keep telling yourself that.

Keep telling yourself that the NBA took the series away from you... maybe it will make you feel better about not being able to beat us.

UV Ray
05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Uh oh, somebody's mad. :baby
At you?

Nah....., actually you're more civil than most.

SpursDynasty
05-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Puh-leeze...You're happy because you have Utah down 2-zip. The mamby pamby Jazz will "respect" the Spurs all the way to a playoff series loss, probably in 5. Sadly, the Jazz are nothing more than a casual warm up for the NBA Finals. Please don't pretend that it's anything more than a formality, otherwise you might begin to believe that you actually deserve to advance to the Finals. The extraordinary circumstances of the Suns/Spurs series will deprive the Spurs of truly earning the NBA Championship this year. Like it or not, this championship year will always be defined by an arguably, arbitrary ruling.

Hey dumbass, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Suns had all of their guys for 5 of the 6 games, Spurs won 3 out of those 5. And the Suns were not going to win the championship anyway. SA had a better record vs. the West than Phoenix did. Their 61 wins came from a superior record vs. the East and junk teams.

Strike
05-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey dumbass, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Suns had all of their guys for 5 of the 6 games, Spurs won 3 out of those 5.

He's a Suns fan. He sees only what he wants to see.

In this case all he wants to see is the one game they didn't have everyone. That way he can use that excuse without actually connecting to reality long enough to realize that his "eyes on the prize" team of destiny just didn't have enough to knock off the Spurs.

It's kind of sad, really. Like an alcoholic who never has his "moment of clarity".

SpursDynasty
05-25-2007, 12:06 AM
It's funny how sports writers and Suns fans make a big deal out of that one suspension. As if Phoenix was going to win the championship. With high school players like Amare and Raja Bell? :lol Those guys are jokes.

Girasuck
05-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Just curious but since I wasn't on this board during the Suns/Spurs series, what were the Suns fans excuses for losing the other 3 games? I'm sure they had excuses for game 1, game 3, and game 6 right?

UV Ray
05-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Keep telling yourself that the NBA took the series away from you... maybe it will make you feel better about not being able to beat us.

The NBA took the series away from someone? I hadn't heard.

The NBA's ruling merely increased the chances of the Spurs in game 5 and the playoff series outcome. Show me a Las Vegas bookie who had the Suns favored for game 5 and I'll show you an unemployed nitwit. Not being able to beat you? Show some humility.

SpursDynasty
05-25-2007, 12:25 AM
It didn't come down to the suspension though for Game 5. Phoenix had every opportunity to win that game. It was tied in the final minute before Bruce nailed the dagger.

The series did not come down to the suspension, but came down to Phoenix unable to knock down some shots in clutch situations.

UV Ray
05-25-2007, 12:27 AM
He's a Suns fan. He sees only what he wants to see.

In this case all he wants to see is the one game they didn't have everyone. That way he can use that excuse without actually connecting to reality long enough to realize that his "eyes on the prize" team of destiny just didn't have enough to knock off the Spurs.

It's kind of sad, really. Like an alcoholic who never has his "moment of clarity".

Just pointing out that your feelings of ...ahem...superiority are delusional.

Strike
05-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Just pointing out that your feelings of ...ahem...superiority are delusional.

Really? Who won 3 games against a fully staffed Suns team? Who came back from 15 down against a Suns team who played a completely balls-out inspiring game?

The Spurs. 'Nuff said.

Superiority in this case is no delusion. It's a fact.

Roxsfan
05-25-2007, 12:32 AM

whatever, jizz are playing pathetic

Girasuck
05-25-2007, 12:33 AM

At least we're still playing.

Strike
05-25-2007, 12:39 AM

Say, what happened to TSac I MEAN TMac and the Bottle Rockets?

Ohhhhhh that's right.................1ST ROUND OUT!!!!!!

:lmao

And one more time for good measure....

UV Ray
05-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Really? Who won 3 games against a fully staffed Suns team? Who came back from 15 down against a Suns team who played a completely balls-out inspiring game?

The Spurs. 'Nuff said.

Superiority in this case is no delusion. It's a fact.

Last time I checked, it was four out of seven.

BlackFlagg
05-25-2007, 12:49 AM
The NBA's ruling merely increased the chances of the Spurs in game 5 and the playoff series outcome.

No, the dorks who couldn't remember the rules and couldn't keep their asses on the bench increased the chances of the Spurs in Game 5.

BlackFlagg
05-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Just curious but since I wasn't on this board during the Suns/Spurs series, what were the Suns fans excuses for losing the other 3 games?

:lol :lol :lol :lol You name it.

BlackFlagg
05-25-2007, 12:50 AM
At least we're still playing.

:downspin: :clap Nice burn.

UV Ray
05-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Just curious but since I wasn't on this board during the Suns/Spurs series, what were the Suns fans excuses for losing the other 3 games? I'm sure they had excuses for game 1, game 3, and game 6 right?

Nothing more pathetic than the Jazz getting punked by the Spurs as Jazz fan kisses Spurs fan's ass. Prison lovefest.

SpursDynasty
05-25-2007, 01:11 AM
The Suns are afraid of the Lakers.

dbreiden83080
05-25-2007, 02:42 AM

Hell no those idiots making history by getting beat in round 1 made my year win or lose a title for the Spurs.

UV Ray
05-25-2007, 02:56 AM
Hell no those idiots making history by getting beat in round 1 made my year win or lose a title for the Spurs.

I feel the same way. Watching Dallas go down was rich.

Johnny RIngo
05-25-2007, 03:45 AM

Agree. Dallas pulling off the biggest chokejob of all time was classic. One of the highlights of this year's playoffs.