PDA

View Full Version : What a quote about the old media/new media

NeoConIV
11-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Peggy Noonan on Nov. 4, also in Opinion Journal, went wild over the whole idea. After affirming that “the biggest loser was the mainstream media,” she added that conservative bloggers had slain the dragon: “It was to me a great historical development in the history of politics in America. It was Agincourt. It was the yeomen of King Harry taking down the French aristocracy with new technology and rough guts. God bless the pajama-clad yeomen of America.”

How long will it continue? Can the old media recover? I don't see it anytime soon. Or, with a full media explosion now, is this just the result of the left losing the war on ideas?

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000727601

Hook Dem
11-29-2004, 08:22 PM
It's kinda funny that there are those who say bloggers are too opinionated but turn right around and believe the mainstream media. You gotta deprogram before downloading new programming. :lol

Nbadan
11-30-2004, 01:58 AM
How long will it continue? Can the old media recover? I don't see it anytime soon. Or, with a full media explosion now, is this just the result of the left losing the war on ideas?

The whole Dan Rather fiasco wouldn't have been a big issue at all given the number of times Fox News lies in just one broadcast, had it not been a preset trap by the Neocons to insnare the Kerry campaign that caught Rather and CBS News instead. Rove's fingerprints were all over this operation. Clean, lethal, and impossible to tie together without a whistle-blower (don't expect that to happen!).

Hook Dem
11-30-2004, 08:53 AM
You know, you accuse Rove of being sneaky and your conspiracy theories are on an even keel. Just depends on who is doing the looking. I see you're going along at a normal clip.

Spurminator
11-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Sadly, the Nightly News format appears to be heading the way of George Michael's Sports Machine once ESPN became the preferred television sports source... it is slowly becoming obsolete with the rise of 24-hour "Arguing About the News" Networks.

The bloggers can never really replace Mainstream Media, because 99% of their material is based on stories out of the Mainstream Media. Unless bloggers start to do their own reporting in the trenches of the Middle East, they will always have to rely on the News (in some form) for their commentary.