PDA

View Full Version : Hagee and Nazi Symbolism

Nbadan
05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c219/talk2action/NAB_1.jpg
Built in 1960 many consider building a afront to holocaust survivors

In his latest book, Texas megachurch Pastor and fast rising evangelical leader John Hagee has speculated that Hitler and the Nazis were ultimately part of God's plan, and doing God's work, by acting as God's "hunters" and forcing European Jews to flee to Palestine. Hagee also predicts that most Jews now living in Israel (and most Jews on Earth even) will soon die in an apocalyptic Mideast war, escalating into a Global war, that Hagee declares to be inevitable and divinely ordained.

In 2006, in an apparent effort to spur on the apocalypse, Hagee founded "Christians United For Israel" (CUFI), an avowedly Pro-Israel "non-lobby" ( it's an eductional nonprofit, a 501c(3) ) that is building a national network to encourage the sort of bellicose, far-right US policies towards the Mideast that Hagee and his fellow Christian Zionists advocate. A key feature of CUFI's platform involves advocacy for a joint US/Israeli attack on Iran, and Hagee has written and spoken numerous times on how that will lead to a Global military conflagration that may also include the nuclear destruction of the East and West coasts of the United States.

Given the current distribution of Jews worldwide, the sort of apocalyptic global war Pastor John Hagee appears to have formed a "non-lobby" lobbying group to egg on includes scenarios in which the vast majority of Jews would be wiped from the Earth. In John Hagee's end-times vision, a tiny "remnant" of Jew would survive but be converted to Christianity but Judaism, as a world religion and cultural tradition, would be wiped from the face of the Earth.

Some, such as journalist Max Blumenthal, have described John Hagee as holding anti-semitic views and in a March 14, 2007 Huffington Post column Blumenthal characterized Hagee as an "anti-Semitic Holocaust apologist". Wrote Blumenthal:

It does not necessarily matter to AIPAC if you preach "New World Order/Illuminati" conspiracy theories involving "international bankers," a classic coded anti-Semitic trope. Nor does it necessarily matter to them if the rhetoric you have spewed about the Holocaust sounds like a Christian version of Mahmoud Ahmadenijad. AIPAC doesn't even necessarily care that you've lionized Yigal Amir, the assassin of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. What matters more to AIPAC and its allies -- all that matters perhaps -- is that you back the hardline Israeli government without reservation, support the institutionalized dehumanization of Palestinians and offer crucial moral support for the illegal usurpation of Palestinian land. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that you lust for war with Iran....

It should come as no surprise then that an anti-Semitic Holocaust apologist like Pastor John Hagee was invited to AIPAC, and was given a raucous ovation. As I reported for the Nation last year, through his new lobbying organization, Christians United for Israel, Hagee is emerging as the most influential leader of the Christian Zionist movement, which has bolstered the Israeli right with the grassroots muscle of the evangelical right. I go on to explain in detail that Hagee is a dangerous crackpot whose stated desire is to see Israel engage in an apocalyptic nuclear war with Iran.

So, is John Hagee, as Blumenthal asserts. anti-Semitic ? Pastor Hagee's, and CUFI's, response to the giant swastika and cross monument at the US Naval Base in Coranado, California provides a clear opportunity for Hagee, and CUFI, to put their money where their mouths are. As the crass popular saying goes, "money talks, and......" ; actions speak louder than words. Do CUFI's Christian zionists truly love Jews, or do they merely fetishize Jews ?

We will soon have the answer.

Linky (http://www.talk2action.org/story/2007/5/23/115037/228)

Duff McCartney
05-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Hagee is a tool and will always be a tool. He preaches that Jews should be helped out but all he knows is that only a few will live. He's an idiot.

violentkitten
05-25-2007, 12:57 AM
hagee preaches an apocalyptic endgame spurred on by an evil conspiracy. sounds rather familiar up in here.

gtownspur
05-25-2007, 02:39 AM
hagee preaches an apocalyptic endgame spurred on by an evil conspiracy. sounds rather familiar up in here.

Nbadan has been pwned!!!!

ChumpDumper
05-25-2007, 04:26 AM
I don't get it -- did Hagee have that building constructed when he was 20?

Extra Stout
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
This thread is bullshit.

First of all, full disclosure -- I think Hagee is a charlatan and a crackpot. He also holds a heterodox theological position from Christianity -- namely, that Jews are saved through Judaism, and do not need salvation through Jesus Christ.

The fact that he holds that position rather invalidates the idea that he is some kind of anti-Semite. It also invalidates the claim that he believes a small remnant of Jews will be converted to Christianity. He is distinct because he does not hold that view, unlike most fundamentalist Dispensationalists.

I suppose some leftists find the Christian Zionist movement threatening to the Jewish liberal voting bloc, and therefore see the need to discredit the figure seen as the movement's leader. Hagee is enough of a wacko that it should be straightforward to discredit him without lying, but pathological liars can't help themselves.

By the way, exactly what does a building on a naval case in California have to do with John Hagee?

Nbadan
05-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Why is it such a reach to ask Hagee and his powerful lobbying group to fight for good and get the Navy to change a building which has been a albatross to survivors of the holocaust instead of trying to get Israel into a fight with the Shiia that could annihilate the whole greater ME region?

Nbadan
05-25-2007, 04:04 PM
John Hagee has speculated that Hitler and the Nazis were ultimately part of God's plan, and doing God's work, by acting as God's "hunters" and forcing European Jews to flee to Palestine.

selective reading.

ChumpDumper
05-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Has that building really been that much of a hassle?

Nbadan
05-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Wouldn't it be to you if you were Jewish? Would be to me.

clambake
05-25-2007, 04:28 PM
There is a place in Glendale, CA. refered to as Nazi Hill. The streets are named after Ivy league schools. Street lamps are adorned with Nazi symbols, but it has been traced to Native Americans.

ese
05-25-2007, 04:31 PM
i trust jews with my money

ChumpDumper
05-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't it be to you if you were Jewish? Would be to me.That wasn't my question.

Phenomanul
05-25-2007, 05:05 PM
BTW the Nazi Party didn't invent the 'swastika'. It was around for a couple of centuries before they selected it as their 'coat of arms'. If I'm not mistaken it was an old Hinduist symbol....

boutons_
05-25-2007, 05:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Duff McCartney
05-25-2007, 10:42 PM
It's ridiculous that a dumbass like Hagee has so much power and supports Israel without question. It's a dangerous position that I don't think anyone should have.

jacobdrj
05-26-2007, 12:09 AM
The kind of rhetoric from people I have been hearing lately is, quite frankly, very scary, in regards to the middle east. People are so uninformed, and so emotional, instead of rational, that they just don't know or don't care about the facts, and keep repeating the same banter over and over again, despite what is actually going on there, and that doesn't even take into account the, 'what would we do in their situation' side of the story...

Nbadan
05-26-2007, 01:17 AM

:rolleyes

Let's poll the people of Iraq.

Duff McCartney
05-26-2007, 01:57 AM
The kind of rhetoric from people I have been hearing lately is, quite frankly, very scary, in regards to the middle east. People are so uninformed, and so emotional, instead of rational, that they just don't know or don't care about the facts, and keep repeating the same banter over and over again, despite what is actually going on there, and that doesn't even take into account the, 'what would we do in their situation' side of the story...

God damn right..I recently watched that Rosie O'Donnell/Elizabeth Hasselbeck stuff on the View...granted Rosie is a tool, but that Elizabeth bitch is the kind of dangerous American that we have in this country. People who know nothing about the Middle East and only believe what they are told.

violentkitten
05-26-2007, 08:32 AM
:rolleyes

Let's poll the people of Iraq.

let's poll the members of this forum.