PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola

The_Game
05-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Anyone know If he will be playing for the Spurs next season? will It be worth It? what age is he now, 30?

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Anyone know If he will be playing for the Spurs next season? will It be worth It? what age is he now, 30?

Yeah, 30 is way over the hill. Just look at that Tim Duncan guy.

Bruno
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Scola is 27.
AFAIK, nobody knows if he will play with Spurs next year.
You will find on this board as much opinions about Scola as posters. Mine is that Spurs should sign him but if they get a no-crappy offer for him they should trade him.

thousandth
05-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Spurs need Scola?Scola did his disappering act in last big games (Acb final 2006- Euroligue Final 2006 and 2007). He's a good player but Spurs need'nt him.

I'll glad to see Pau Gasol in a Spurs uniform. I like Pau so much.

Mr. Body
05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Scola has been great in other big game situations. Tau sucked because of officiating and a coaching change as much as Scola.

Pau Gasol won't be a Spur. Get real.

thousandth
05-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Scola has been great in other big game situations. Tau sucked because of officiating and a coaching change as much as Scola.

Pau Gasol won't be a Spur. Get real.

really? :rolleyes We donīt know for sure. :rolleyes

mardigan
05-24-2007, 05:09 PM
really? :rolleyes We donīt know for sure. :rolleyes
Well Gasol has an escalating contract that goes from about 14 mill all the way up to about 19 mill over the next 4 years. We only got 1 guy making that kind of money, so unless you want to trade Tony and manu for him Im gona go out on a limb and say it would never happen. Unless you want to trade Tim for him

Mr. Body
05-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Basically you have to trade one of Parker, Ginobili, or Duncan for Gasol.

ObiwanGinobili
05-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Gasol will NEVER be a Spur ... unless: we are talking far far in the future and we give him a littel 'gimmie contract on his final year a la Kevin Willis. (except Kevin never seems to know when his last year is :lol )

SuperManu!!!
05-24-2007, 06:12 PM
THink of him as a replacement for Horry

ducks
05-24-2007, 06:13 PM
scola can hit three's?

ggoose25
05-24-2007, 06:17 PM
i always thought of scola as a coordinated malik rose

smeagol
05-24-2007, 06:30 PM
If people are falling in love with Oberto, they will fall in love with Scola too.

The_Game
05-24-2007, 06:42 PM

Can Scola foul a guy so that he will get other members of the other team suspended?

cholo
05-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Can Scola foul a guy so that he will get other members of the other team suspended?

he's argentinian guey, you know he likes it rough

AFBlue
05-24-2007, 09:06 PM

27...and I think it depends on his buyout amount/contract demands. It'll be a money issue.

I don't think the Spurs ACTIVELY shop his draft rights during the draft, but I think they let it be known he's available for the right price (whatever that is). In the end, I think he becomes a Spur and spends at least two, maybe three seasons here before the Spurs make a decision as to whether they should move forward with him or trade him based on what his value is at that point...when he'll be 30, coincidentally.

raspsa
05-24-2007, 11:58 PM
We'll really never know how good a player is until we bring him over.. could be a bust or could be another high impact player like Manu.. who knows? I'm for rolling the dice and finding out if his cost is reasonable. He's criticized for being undersized not athletic enough etc. etc. For me, the following are important for success:
- highly competitive nature
- high basketball IQ
- Strong basketball fundamentals/skills
- Team-first attitude & coachability
- Physical atheticism

I think Scola is a good gamble for the Spurs and hope he makes its over soon.
I like the idea of Manu and Scola coming off the bench. Would work well together.