PDA

View Full Version : I would've killed this kid...

spurschick
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Boy's Destruction Of Monks' Art Caught On Tape

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A child destroyed a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork at Kansas City's Union Station, and it was caught on tape.

Tibetan monks had been creating the sand art, which looks like a colorful tapestry on the floor, for two days.

A surveillance camera recorded a young boy, possibly a toddler, who walked into the sand and started dancing, while his mother mailed a package at the post office. After a few minutes, the video showed a woman pull the child away.

Check out the video - http://www.click2houston.com/news/13382068/detail.html

"Never happened before, never happened before like that," monk Jampa Tenzin said.

The monks said they were not angry at the child or his mother. Instead, they've been hard at work to finish the piece.

The monks are on a yearlong tour of the United States and Canada to raise money for their monastery. The original monastery in Tibet was destroyed. They were about halfway finished when they left for the day Tuesday, roping off the artwork before they left.

The lead monk said it was "no problem," adding, "we will have to work harder" to get it finished before Saturday. It will then be swept up and offered to onlookers for their gardens. The rest will be placed in the Missouri River.

ese
05-24-2007, 07:35 PM
moms shouldve beet his azz

ObiwanGinobili
05-24-2007, 07:40 PM
that kid was awfully young... why wasn't he right by his mother?
my 2 get more than 4 feet away for more than 5 seconds and I break out the bloodhounds and spotlights.

and thats gotta suck to see your kid on the news destroying a work of art :lol

Jekka
05-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Holy shit - I would have killed the kid, too. The little shit is lucky that if he was going to destroy any work of art it would belong to someone that had to forgive him. I hope his parents are as mortified as they should be.

Jekka
05-24-2007, 08:14 PM
that kid was awfully young... why wasn't he right by his mother?
my 2 get more than 4 feet away for more than 5 seconds and I break out the bloodhounds and spotlights.
Really?

Flea
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Wow, that sure was pretty! The little boy was too young to know any better, he looked to be about age 2 and when they see sand they play in it! I can't believe the Mom let him get so far away from her.

PM5K
05-24-2007, 08:19 PM
You guys are idiots, you don't kill a toddler for playing with sand, you kill his mother for letting him...

PM5K
05-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Wow, that sure was pretty! The little boy was too young to know any better, he looked to be about age 2 and when they see sand they play in it! I can't believe the Mom let him get so far away from her.

I like you....

:clap

Shaolin-Style
05-24-2007, 08:26 PM
This is why monks are the greatest people in the world. You cannot detect a single hint of angst in them despite this incident; they continue to work even harder.

Flea
05-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I like you....

:clap

:spin

Flea
05-24-2007, 08:28 PM
This is why monks are the greatest people in the world. You cannot detect a single hint of angst in them despite this incident; they continue to work even harder.

Monks are awesome.

Bob Lanier
05-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Future Marine in the house.

whottt
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
It says after they are finished the monks are going to sweep it up and put it in the river...because nothing lasts forever. Seems like some kind of anti-materialism message(although it is ironic since they are doing it for money)...

Philosophically speaking...the kid just proved their point...what's to be mad about?

Bigzax
05-24-2007, 08:39 PM
i encourage my child to destroy things in public.

he's young enough to get away with it.

and I'm immature enough to enjoy it.

Spurfect
05-24-2007, 08:41 PM
forget killing the kid. kill the mother. this makes me angry :cuss :cuss :cuss

fraga
05-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Are you guys f*cking retarded...kill the kid??? HE IS 2 YEARS OLD. Now beating the mother I can see...but kill the kid...pfffffffffft....

Bigzax
05-24-2007, 08:54 PM
2 year old marketing genius!!!

of course the monks aren't angry. chaaaching.

ploto
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Written by someone who obviously knows nothing about 2 year olds- to say you would kill him for doing something about which he is not even close to being old enough to understand.

And I agree with whottt- kind of ironic when they are going to destroy it once they finish it anyway.

ObiwanGinobili
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Really?

yes really.
my brother was snatched at a fair when we were young, thankfully my dad and another guy tackled him.
I am anal about my daughters being right by me, or within my control in public places.
But when we go to playdates at peoples houses or someplace I can feel safe.. thats differnet. Union Station doesn;t meet my specifications of "safe".

IceColdBrewski
05-24-2007, 09:35 PM
The kid doesn't know any better. This is all on the Parent. I can't stand parents who don't control their kids.

Everytime I move into a new neighborhood, my kids come home with at least one new friend who just doesn't know how to listen. Wanting to run around my house and acting a fool like he/she owns the place. I don't know what their parents are teaching them, but it sure as hell isn't making them respect adults. After one visit to my house, they know damn well that they'd better not act the same way at my house as they do at home.

Get control of your kids people. It's not that hard. Spank em if you have to. Because the rest of us are tired of watching your annoying kids running all over the damn place. And it only makes you look like idiot parents.

Beno Udrih
05-24-2007, 09:50 PM
"Kill the kid", WTF? I'm assuming that the people in this thread who are looking at this situation and thinking that the toddler was in the wrong, don't have that much experience with children. And by experience I'm not talking about a brother or sister, or even a niece and nephew. Children that age don't know any better. I blame the mom for not being a mother and keeping her child with in arms reach. Children that age are still learning a lot about the world.

spurschick
05-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Am I on the right forum? Do you guys not recognize sarcasm when you see it? Of course I don't think the kid should be killed, and I'm sure the mother is absolutely mortified. Kids are kids. Shit happens.

And ploto, you'd attack me if I said the sky was blue. So fuck off.

PM5K
05-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Am I on the right forum? Do you guys not recognize sarcasm when you see it? Of course I don't think the kid should be killed, and I'm sure the mother is absolutely mortified. Kids are kids. Shit happens.

No I honestly believe you would have literally killed him...

2Blonde
05-24-2007, 10:40 PM
This thread is funny. Especially since everyone in here has been a 2 year old at one time. What better time in life... you get to do anything and explore everything. Watching a 2 year old as an adult is fascinating. They are like little machines that can seek and destroy in less time than you can say "Tommy, don't do that" I'm sure all it took was his mom looking away long enough to hand her stuff to the postal worker and get her money out and pay for her postage and he had probably already made his way over to the exhibit & the damage was already done. She is probably so mortified she'll never be able to go to the post office again.

mrsmaalox
05-24-2007, 10:53 PM
This thread is funny. Especially since everyone in here has been a 2 year old at one time. What better time in life... you get to do anything and explore everything. Watching a 2 year old as an adult is fascinating. They are like little machines that can seek and destroy in less time than you can say "Tommy, don't do that" I'm sure all it took was his mom looking away long enough to hand her stuff to the postal worker and get her money out and pay for her postage and he had probably already made his way over to the exhibit & the damage was already done. She is probably so mortified she'll never be able to go to the post office again.
Yea that mom could probably make an excellent "Wanna get away?" commercial. I think you and I have very parallel parenting experiences :lol

TheSanityAnnex
05-24-2007, 11:16 PM
The monks don't give a fuck, so why should anyone else?

TheSanityAnnex
05-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I was the kid that kicked and stomped on everyone's sand castles, so I understand this kid.

whottt
05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
I was the boy that played with dolls.

Fixed

TheSanityAnnex
05-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Fixed
WOW!!!

I didn't think you'd have time to come up with a Kindergarten comeback after all the Midge dick you've been riding. Impressive.

NorCal510
05-24-2007, 11:53 PM
that kids a boss

i would be that kid

when you grow up you can look back and laugh about being on the news

fuckin boss!

whottt
05-25-2007, 12:17 AM
WOW!!!

I didn't think you'd have time to come up with a Kindergarten comeback after all the Midge dick you've been riding. Impressive.

What you think or don't think is irrelevant...however I am sorry if I accidentally brought up a bad chilehood memory...Sincerely, it was meant to be a joke.

AlamoSpursFan
05-25-2007, 02:36 AM
"Never happened before, never happened before like that," monk Jampa Tenzin said.

The monks said they were not angry at the child or his mother.

When the hell did monks get so freaking chatty anyways?

:blah

AnkleBreaker21
05-25-2007, 03:07 AM
what the hell do you expect a 2 year old to do, we all loved sand back then.

Flea
05-25-2007, 06:24 AM
yes really.
my brother was snatched at a fair when we were young, thankfully my dad and another guy tackled him.
I am anal about my daughters being right by me, or within my control in public places.
But when we go to playdates at peoples houses or someplace I can feel safe.. thats differnet. Union Station doesn;t meet my specifications of "safe".

Me too. They have to be by my side at all times in public places.

exstatic
05-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Monks are awesome.
...and sometimes bullet-proof.

ploto
05-25-2007, 11:04 AM

How hilarious and utterly predictable- at least 5 people said the same thing I did, and yet you only specifically respond to me. :lol :lol :lol

leemajors
05-25-2007, 11:06 AM
...and sometimes bullet-proof.
:lmao

spurschick
05-25-2007, 11:22 AM
How hilarious and utterly predictable- at least 5 people said the same thing I did, and yet you only specifically respond to me. :lol :lol :lol

The first part of my response was to everyone else. They all responded in a general manner. Your response said "written by someone" - a direct attack. You've got some major hard-on for me and will attack whenever the opportunity strikes. If anything, YOU are the one who is predictable.

Shelly
05-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Me too. They have to be by my side at all times in public places.

Oh, God! I remember that dread of panic when they were little and not in your sight. The worst feeling in the world!

Beautiful sand art, though!

spurschick
05-25-2007, 12:40 PM
It made me think of the artists that do chalk art on the sidewalks and people that do sandcastle sculptures on the beach. So much work goes into it, but they know that nature will eventually come and wash it away.

The amazing thing about the Monks is that they do these things all the time and it's not the type of art that can be set and kept. It's like complete meditation for them while they're doing it and they don't even care when it has to be removed or, in this case, accidentally destroyed.

Shelly
05-25-2007, 12:54 PM
It made me think of the artists that do chalk art on the sidewalks and people that do sandcastle sculptures on the beach. So much work goes into it, but they know that nature will eventually come and wash it away.

The amazing thing about the Monks is that they do these things all the time and it's not the type of art that can be set and kept. It's like complete meditation for them while they're doing it and they don't even care when it has to be removed or, in this case, accidentally destroyed.

That 3-D sidewalk chalk art is amazing! I would love to see that in person. I just got an email the other day of pictures of incredible sand sculptures.

I'm lucky if I can make one out the molds that come with the kids sand pails. :lol

ploto
05-25-2007, 11:35 PM
They all responded in a general manner. Your response said "written by someone" - a direct attack.

Really?? These are considered general responses and not an attack at all?
You guys are idiots, you don't kill a toddler for playing with sand, you kill his mother for letting him...

Are you guys f*cking retarded...kill the kid???

T Park
05-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey ploto

do the forum a favor, and leave.

Beno Udrih
05-25-2007, 11:42 PM
I thought it was "make like a tree"?

Beno Udrih
05-25-2007, 11:43 PM
I would have said make like a banana and...

Beno Udrih
05-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Split

TheSanityAnnex
05-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Sincerely, it was meant to be a joke.Mencia spits better jokes.

TheSanityAnnex
05-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Hey ploto

Ploto, grab a bag of popcorn and make Tpork follow you on your way out.

Bigzax
05-26-2007, 03:08 AM
You've got some major hard-on for me..

can you blame him?

well that's not a very nice thing to say...

MannyIsGod
05-26-2007, 04:16 AM
How hilarious and utterly predictable- at least 5 people said the same thing I did, and yet you only specifically respond to me. :lol :lol :lolMaybe she's just tired of your bullshit like the rest of us?

E20
05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Monks are pretty bad ass. They can hit themselves in the balls repeatedly and can set themselves on fire.

Lady Marmalade
05-26-2007, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't be mad at the child... but the mother should be thankful that is ALL that happened. She needs to hold the 2 year olds hands or someone else might kidnap the child.... God Lord I hate it when I see children running around and the parents do not notice for a while.

whottt
05-26-2007, 11:32 PM
I thought ploto was a chick...