PDA

View Full Version : spurs vs. Jazz is beautiful ball in comparison to Pistons vs. cavs

nkdlunch
05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I've haven't seen basketball this ugly in a looong time.

Spurs series are beautiful in comparison. boring my ass.

Webber is completely finished. And Lebronze just sucks. ugly basketball at its finest.

ClingingMars
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
amen man, BBall isnt all about scoring, defense wins championships

once those whiney suns fans and owner realize that, they might actually win the big one.

-Mars

td4mvp21
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I actually like grindout games. They are intense.

nkdlunch
05-24-2007, 07:57 PM
amen man, BBall isnt all about scoring, defense wins championships

once those whiney suns fans and owner realize that, they might actually win the big one.

-Mars

actually if you watch Pisonts cavs, they have so much more trouble scoring. it's horrible. The cavs team and the Pistons team have a hard, hard time scoring.

Webber just missed about 10 shots in the 1st quarter

hater
05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
LMAO highlight of the 1st quarter was a shot from a fan :lol

hater
05-24-2007, 08:19 PM
pistons are fucking pathetic. they expect to be in the finals??

CubanMustGo
05-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey, they're in the East.

bdictjames
05-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Pistons and Cavs are probably two of the most boring teams in the league.

SA's prolly the third, and Houston's the fourth.

ducks
05-24-2007, 11:02 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68709

BigBeezie
05-24-2007, 11:12 PM
I wanted to play the Heat in the finals this year. Kind of because we should have been playing them last year.

arrogancy
05-24-2007, 11:14 PM
You guys are sounding eerily like Lakers fans in 04 wondering why the Pistons and Pacers looked so bad and how sucky the East was. If anyone should know better, I would think it would be Spurs fans.

koopa
05-25-2007, 12:47 AM
You guys are sounding eerily like Lakers fans in 04 wondering why the Pistons and Pacers looked so bad and how sucky the East was. If anyone should know better, I would think it would be Spurs fans.

there's only one problem, the spurs aren't the lakers, the pistons caught the lakers at a great time, there was so many problems going on, they were falling apart starting to get on each other nerves and just didn't care anymore............pistons were lucky to play a lakers team that didn't like eachother and just wanted to go home and move on.........

td4mvp3
05-25-2007, 07:47 AM
there's only one problem, the spurs aren't the lakers, the pistons caught the lakers at a great time, there was so many problems going on, they were falling apart starting to get on each other nerves and just didn't care anymore............pistons were lucky to play a lakers team that didn't like eachother and just wanted to go home and move on.........
not to mention the biggest factor, the guy who gave duncan fits wasn't there to do the same to rasheed. malone.

boutons_
05-25-2007, 07:56 AM
"the pistons caught the lakers at a great time"

Malone on Duncan was key reason the Spurs lost, and Malone didn't play vs Pistons.

nkdlunch
05-25-2007, 10:03 AM

so we don't sound like Piston fans of 06, wondering how bad their 64 win team was gonna beat the Heat in East finals?

41times
05-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I had to go to my neices graduation last night for 4 hours do i did not get to see the ECF game.

So i look at the score this morning and i just figured they replayed game 1 because that was about the best they were going to get out of those 2 teams!?!?

td4mvp3
05-25-2007, 02:36 PM
"the pistons caught the lakers at a great time"

Malone on Duncan was key reason the Spurs lost, and Malone didn't play vs Pistons.
the other thing is what rarely gets talked about, the surprise factor. NO ONE was paying attention to the east, let alone this pistons team squeaking by with a center who couldn't score, a former jailblazer, former washington wizard guy who could shoot but not guard, tayshaun who? etc. for all their achievements, no one was really paying much attention to such a team of non-stars (which is detroit's calling card, so that's not meant to be insulting). so game one was seen as an aberation, game two something to give pause, and by the time three and four were done, disbelief had set in. the pistons don't have that luxary any more. NO ONE is sleeping on the pistons or discounting their accomplishments or what they're capable of. i think part of the reason so many folks harp on this cavs-pistons series now is because so much more was expected out of both teams, particularly offensively. you can bet the spurs wouldn't consider the pistons lightweights if they meet in the finals, not after how tough it was two years ago.