PDA

View Full Version : Cavs and Pistons will go 7.

E20
05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
The disparity between these games is miniscule. The intensity that Cleaveland brings to compete with Detroit @ Detroit is superb. The Cavs have lost by around 3 points both games. If Detroit is such a superior team then these games should be won by larger amounts considering how Lebron is struggling and Detroit's HCA. I expect the Cavs intensity and morale to severely rise @ Cleaveland, with the home crowd behind them the Cavs should play better and raise up Lebrons game. With that said the Cavs should win all there home games, their only job is to win one @ Detroit. Cavs in 7 IMO.

Couple of notes on Lebron:

-Quite frankly, I think he is just having a couple of off games ala Manu, he's sure to bounce up and get his usually 30, but give Detroit credit, they're swarming him everytime he gets the ball and with that:

-Lebron's teammates are more at fault than him. Give the guy a break he didn't ask for all this hype it was thrown at him, so finger point towards all the open jumpshots the Cavs missed. Lebron should have ended up with 30 assists tonight.

-He's still the most explosive/exciting player (Next to Kobe) and the one with the most potential, IMO he's a fusion of Magic and Jordan. Unselfish as well.

thewatcher
05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
scared of the pistons?

E20
05-24-2007, 10:35 PM
scared of the pistons?
No offense to Pistons fans, but the Spurs would beat the Pistons in 6, maybe 5. IMO the Spurs are much better and the Pistons haven't seen a healthy monster in a series that is Duncan. Ginobili and Parker look in top form. Bruce, Finley, Horry are kicking it. Barry has hopefully turned a corner, Oberto is playing great, his confidence must be sky high. Spurs have a better and deeper bench and you could give a good arguement for they're starting lineup as well.

SpurForLife
05-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry, while I will admit Cleveland is playing pretty solid defensively the Piston's poor offensive game is still greater than Cleveland's poor offensive game. Pistons in 5.

At least that is about all I can determine from watching this series so far.

E20
05-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry, while I will admit Cleveland is playing pretty solid defensively the Piston's poor offensive game is still greater than Cleveland's poor offensive game. Pistons in 5.

At least that is about all I can determine from watching this series so far.
Hey, if two possesions for Cleaveland went their way during anytime of the 4th quarter, the Cavs would have won by 1, same as Game 1.

thewatcher
05-24-2007, 10:40 PM
i think you guys are underestimating the pistons a little bit.

E20
05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
i think you guys are underestimating the pistons a little bit.
Detroit is a dangerous team they have every good of a chance of winning this series as Cleaveland does, but it's kind of ignorant how everybody automatically claimed Detroit the victor and yet Lebron is struggling, the wins were by 3, and this all happend at Detroit.

mavsfan1000
05-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I agree. Detroit is overrated. The Championship is pretty much guaranteed to the Spurs. The Cavs aren't doing anything special and I feel will lose in 5 or 6. They aren't that great at home.

Texas_Ranger
05-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Detroi in 5.

samikeyp
05-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Not if the Cavs can't figure out how to play 4 quarters.

E20
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Quite obvious that the Cavs wouldn't need to play all 4 quarters, much like the Spurs are doing to the Jazz, if they made their wide open jumpshots and Mike Brown uses timeouts effectively to halt runs made by the Pistons and draw up plays for key players to get the lead rolling again.

ducks
05-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Cavs Can Not Play In The Fourth
James Is Not Clutch
Get The Fucking Brooms Out

E20
05-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Keep sippin' that Haterade Ducks.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3175/hatersball03300019xc.jpg

NorCal510
05-24-2007, 11:34 PM
go cavs!!!

lebron u better step up and shut up the gay ass haters!

ducks
05-24-2007, 11:35 PM
go cavs!!!

lebron u better step up and shut up the gay ass haters!
I AM NOT gay :donkey

ducks
05-24-2007, 11:35 PM
james is showing the world how overrated he is

thewatcher
05-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Cavs Can Not Play In The Fourth
James Is Not Clutch
Get The Fucking Brooms Out

how about the clutchness of duncan?, ducks

JamStone
05-25-2007, 12:54 AM
The disparity between these games is miniscule.

After the first two games in round 1 between Denver and San Antonio, the disparity between those two teams appeared miniscule.

96-91 Denver win
96-89 San Antonio win

E20
05-25-2007, 12:55 AM
After the first two games in round 1 between Denver and San Antonio, the disparity between those two teams appeared miniscule.

96-91 Denver win
96-89 San Antonio win
The context in which I used miniscule dealt with the fact that the game could have been altered by one shot by the Cavs. My mistake on not being precise enough.

JamStone
05-25-2007, 01:05 AM
I wrote down the wrong scores, those were games 3 and 4, not games 1 and 2. At any rate, four of the five games between the Spurs and the Nuggets were decided in the final minute of regulation. It was a one possession game in each of those first four games with less than 45 seconds, 15 seconds, 35 seconds, and 7 seconds in those games. Each of those games could have been altered by one shot.

Is that miniscule enough?

Fillmoe
05-25-2007, 01:18 AM
i hope its over in 4.... that is an extremely boring ass series...... to be honest both of the series have been boring as fuck

jochhejaam
05-25-2007, 06:42 AM
I agree. Detroit is overrated.
Wow, a Mavs fan spouting off about being overrated. :lol

ducks
05-25-2007, 08:28 AM
how about the clutchness of duncan?, ducks
DUNCAN IS PRETTY CLUTCH

Vinnie_Johnson
05-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Wow, a Mavs fan spouting off about being overrated. :lol

What else can they do The Cowboys won't be playing for a few months it's going to be a long summer Mavs fans. :lol :lol

Extra Stout
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey, if two possesions for Cleaveland went their way during anytime of the 4th quarter, the Cavs would have won by 1, same as Game 1.
Championship teams execute on those possessions.

td4mvp21
05-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Detroit is a better road team than they are home team. I'll leave it at that. Two off games...no championship team has ever had that happen! Not too bad when you play as shitty as the Pistons have and still managed to win two games. I think the Cavs are a good team but the Pistons are much better.

theMUHMEshow
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I agree. Detroit is overrated. The Championship is pretty much guaranteed to the Spurs. The Cavs aren't doing anything special and I feel will lose in 5 or 6. They aren't that great at home.

Does anyone else laugh their fucking ass off when a mavs fan guarantees anything?

td4mvp21
05-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Does anyone else laugh their fucking ass off when a mavs fan guarantees anything?

Yep. Especially since he said that Detroit was overrated, when his team got ousted by an 8th seed.

theMUHMEshow
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Yep. Especially since he said that Detroit was overrated, when his team got ousted by an 8th seed.

I enjoy it..I really do.

I do pity the Mavs fans though... However all they do is :blah

thewatcher
05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
DUNCAN IS PRETTY CLUTCH

INCORRECT

Maybe a couple of times he was but, generally someone has to save his ass in the big moments.

Vizzini
05-25-2007, 02:26 PM

As the old saying goes: "If my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle." You can't leave your own destiny up to someone else to determine. He should've kept driving toward the basket, not throw up a shot as he was moving away from the basket. You don't blow 12 point leads in the second half of the ECF. You can't do that on the road and expect to win. Hughes and Marshall will never get a better look to win a game, and yet they both couldn't get the job done. BTW, Mike Brown is a horrible coach, and he should be let go after this season is over. His clock managment and timeout usage, and not mention his "let's slow the play down and have LBJ play 1-on-5 in the halfcourt" is garbage. Cleveland has only themselves to blame for what happened, no one else.

E20
05-27-2007, 11:16 PM
I was pretty accurate for Game 3. Let's wait for Game 4.

ducks
05-27-2007, 11:24 PM
game 3 was a letdown for pistons
james also shot around before game
he was sucking big time
about time he practiced lazy sob

ducks
05-27-2007, 11:33 PM
James broke from his usual pregame routine, and after arriving three hours before tipoff, he shot 3-pointers and jumpers on the arena's main floor for the first time this season. before game 3
wtf does he think he is a lazy sob

Leetonidas
05-27-2007, 11:36 PM
INCORRECT

Maybe a couple of times he was but, generally someone has to save his ass in the big moments.
I disagree. Tim usually comes up big in the stretch when called upon.

E20
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Bump

Pistons < Spurs
05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Bump
oh go do your homework or something....

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Probably 7 games now. I am sick of people saying that the Pistons are just not giving their all in this series and toying with the Cavs. even Reggie Miller was making excuses for the Pistons after tonight, saying now the Cavs have the Pistons attention and they were not all that worried about them before. This is the conference finals for god's sake, who the hell does not respect their opponent in the conference finals? After 4 games these teams are definately neck and neck.

freedom&justice
05-30-2007, 05:11 AM
Probably 7 games now. I am sick of people saying that the Pistons are just not giving their all in this series and toying with the Cavs. even Reggie Miller was making excuses for the Pistons after tonight, saying now the Cavs have the Pistons attention and they were not all that worried about them before. This is the conference finals for god's sake, who the hell does not respect their opponent in the conference finals? After 4 games these teams are definately neck and neck.

If anyone does that, it's the Pistons. We've clearly been outplayed, and our usually smooth captain has yet to completely pull his head out of his ass. His buddy Rip is the same way. Now Sheed is pissed - with his own team, probably - and Webber needs to get pinned to the edge of the bench beside Nazr for the duration of these playoffs; I mean, if baldy Z can own him, Timmy would have him for dinner after barbequeing him.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2007, 07:07 AM
:lol at the Pistons.

Lp26
05-30-2007, 07:14 AM
:lol at the Pistons.

:lol at the Mavs. Oh wait, they're not playing.

E20
05-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm gonna stick to my word and keep on bumping after Cav victories, but I guess Cavs will win in 6. You never know though there still might be a Game 7.

monosylab1k
05-31-2007, 11:31 PM
honestly, I can never count detroit out until time runs out and cleveland has that 4th win secured. I still say Detroit in 7.

E20
06-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, I was wrong, but a GOOD wrong. :smokin

Cavs BABY !!!!!

Ready or not time to lose to the Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!