PDA

View Full Version : Parker Or Beno???

SuperManu!!!
11-29-2004, 11:51 PM
WHo is the best PG???
I know Beno have only a few games and that he haven't played many minutes, but I prefer Beno over Parker as a PG. Parker can score a lot but Beno seems to always look first at his teammates before choosing to shot. On the other hand, Parker can go to the rim with less effort. What do you think?

timvp
11-29-2004, 11:52 PM
:shootme

ducks
11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
I think beno is going to be ok but he hits a key shot every other game

he plays against second stringers now

parker is way better not even close right now

Kori Ellis
11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
In my opinion, you can't compare them at all. Beno is no where close to Parker in any area. Except maybe his 3pt shooting right now, but who knows how long that will last.

SuperManu!!!
11-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Parker can defend much better....but Beno can injure you!!! :D

SequSpur
11-29-2004, 11:54 PM
*opens topic....... *closes topic.........

*looks dumbfounded...........

ZStomp
11-29-2004, 11:56 PM
*opens topic....... *closes topic.........

*looks dumbfounded...........

Whoa....I agree with Sequ!!! :lol

PARKER>Beno

Manu20
11-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Parker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beno

Beno gets torched and defense almost every single game.
Also he is a little bit injury prone eventhough he has play all 14 games of the young season. God I hope I don't jinx him.

SequSpur
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/ethandarkseid/1b40.jpg

violentkitten
11-30-2004, 12:36 AM
that was a waste of 3.5 seconds

thispego
11-30-2004, 02:11 AM
that was a waste of 3.5 seconds

Did you just make love to a woman?? :lol

exstatic
11-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Beno can run the team, and shoots well from outside. His D is pretty average, though. I will say that he's better as a rookie than Parker was, but damn, he's currently about the same age as Tony, isn't he? I would hope that he would be better as a rookie than a 19 YO French A league import. Tony has some pretty big huevos too. Beno hasn't faced any really clutch situations yet.

ChumpDumper
11-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Parker.

Thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion.

ZStomp
11-30-2004, 02:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/ethandarkseid/1b40.jpg

OH MY GOD!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

maxpower
11-30-2004, 09:00 AM
I want my mouse-click back.

HIP HOOPERS
11-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Hello everybody! I just signed in... i HAD to after seeing all of you comments on beno-tony issue... For those who don't know-beno and parker met quite a few times here in Europe while they were playing for their junior national teams...i'm still searching for the link of the game i remembered the most, it was France:Slovenia qf for EC for juniors...Parker could NOT stpo Beno at all! Parker made i think about 18 points while Beno throwed down around 35,36 or something including the game winning shot and the buzzer... I'm not saying that this means that Beno is any better or something than Parker. Althougu Beno was considered the most talented guard in Europe of 1982 generation.... And also if you look at the situatin now... Just give Beno around 35 minutes per game a few games in a row...and you will see.... i don't think he would have a game under 10 asist 15 points 3 steals and more than 5 rebounds...and it's just his first year...
Beno is much smarter player than parker with better shooting assists abbilities, while Parker is much faster than Beno i addmit that! I don't know, i'm just saying that Beno is born for a PG position unlike Parker who should have been playing SG but that's allmost unpossible 'cos of his poor shooting...!

IcemanCometh
11-30-2004, 09:44 AM
http://images.urbandictionary.com/view/large/4228.jpg

whottt
11-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Hello everybody! I just signed in... i HAD to after seeing all of you comments on beno-tony issue... For those who don't know-beno and parker met quite a few times here in Europe while they were playing for their junior national teams...i'm still searching for the link of the game i remembered the most, it was France:Slovenia qf for EC for juniors...Parker could NOT stpo Beno at all! Parker made i think about 18 points while Beno throwed down around 35,36 or something including the game winning shot and the buzzer... I'm not saying that this means that Beno is any better or something than Parker. Althougu Beno was considered the most talented guard in Europe of 1982 generation.... And also if you look at the situatin now... Just give Beno around 35 minutes per game a few games in a row...and you will see.... i don't think he would have a game under 10 asist 15 points 3 steals and more than 5 rebounds...and it's just his first year...
Beno is much smarter player than parker with better shooting assists abbilities, while Parker is much faster than Beno i addmit that! I don't know, i'm just saying that Beno is born for a PG position unlike Parker who should have been playing SG but that's allmost unpossible 'cos of his poor shooting...!

So, what part of Slovenia are you from?

whottt
11-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Beno's a good PG...I'm not crazy about his D, and that he was so injury prone bothers me quite a bit...but he's a good rookie PG and I do like his shot and his poise.

I do not think that in a million years he would ever average 10 or 15 assists per game...his assists stats, like Parkers, are in the toilet...it's not their fault. The Spurs offense and their players aren't built to give high assist totals to PG's.

#1.Duncan gets his touches...and rightly so.

#2.Almost all the players put the ball on the floor, even when Tony gives them the ball in their spot. Either that or they can't handle his passes.

#3.The Spurs generally play a slow down style of offense...they usually aren't trying to get a lot of scoring in...they are usually trying to break down the opposing D at a slow methodical pace and keep the other team from getting scoring opps.

I've pretty much figured out that the only times Tony has huge assists totals are when Bowen or Rasho, or both, have big scoring games. But even Bruce puts in on the floor an awful lot after getting it open at the 3. The only guy that consistently takes the shot Tony gives him is Rasho...no wonder Rasho is one of Parker's best friends on the team :)

As for scoring...that is Tony's game...and it's really hard for me to imagine that Beno is better at that than Tony...Tony is consistency away from being a HOF level scorer at PG.

I haven't forgotten that in games 1 and 2 of the LA series last year...on a court with Kobe, Shaq, Malone, GP, Duncan, and even Manu...that 21 year old Parker was the best player on the court for those first two games and he was single handely destroying the Lakers and making them look oooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllddddddddd.

True, we don't see that Parker enough...but I think we'll see him more and more the older he gets.

Parker is definitely the better of the two right now, he also likes a big stage.....but Beno looks like a good player to me...who knows, maybe he will turn out to be a PG stud....

BigVee
11-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Parker now, obviously. But Beno is a player, no doubt, and is coming along faster than many anticipated. Seems like one may have to be traded down the road, but we could have a Bibby/Jackson type deal in the works. Not sure that works here, but we'll see.

exstatic
11-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Beno won't get those kind of assist totals, not even in 35 minutes. No PG will in this motion system.

tekdragon
11-30-2004, 10:18 AM
I, too, want my mouse-click back.

ugh.

IceColdBrewski
11-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Here's what I've noticed. Parker is the better scorer and defender. That's about the only two categories he's head and shoulders above Beno right now. To me, Beno is already a better passer and can read the floor much better than Parker.

Give Beno about 20 more games in the system. He's gonna turn some heads.

timvp
11-30-2004, 12:21 PM
I love how people can say that Beno is the better passer when he has 13 career assists ... with half of those coming in his first two games. He had a stretch where he played 110 minutes and got two assists.

I like Beno but likes get real.

Nikos
11-30-2004, 12:27 PM
I am suprised that Beno's passing has regressed since the start of the season and the pre-season.

He actually does move really well without the ball, and for some reason I think the ball movement does have a bit more 'zap' when Beno is in. But for some reason Beno is not accumulating many assists. Perhaps it is because Brent Barry or Ginobili are the psuedo PG's when they are paired with Beno. I notice they both always give Beno nice feeds when he cuts to the basket.

Beno seems to be doing well in the areas where he was said to be weak at, three-point shooting. He is not scoring efficiently, especially in terms of mid-range jumpers, and drives to the basket (that aren't assisted).

Who is the real Beno? Is he more of a pure PG who can shoot a bit, or is he a guy who will be a solid all around PG who is a little more of a scorer than pure play maker in the NBA?

IceColdBrewski
11-30-2004, 12:28 PM
I love how people can say that Beno is the better passer when he has 13 career assists ... with half of those coming in his first two games. He had a stretch where he played 110 minutes and got two assists.

I like Beno but likes get real.

Stats don't always tell the whole story when it comes to assists. You can find the open man all day but it doesn't do a bit of good until he makes the shot.

Dario
11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Parker is far more expirienced player then Beno, i like his quickness and athleticism, he also has much more guts to take some shots, but that is coz of his expirience. Beno has better understanding of the game, he got along with the team and nba style of playing incredibly fast and in my opinion he's got far more potencial then parker.
PS: I do recommend watching that game when beno made a fool out of parker and won slovenia gold medal.
PPS: Ye, i m from slovenia if someone didn't notice
GO Beno!! :)

TNT21
11-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm just glad they're both on our team!! It's a good problem to have.

CosmicCowboy
11-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Beno definitely does a better job of getting the donuts.

HIP HOOPERS
11-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Aha....so i see most of the people agrees with me....good! :) I'm not saying that Parker is a bad player or something like that. I think that those 2 are perfect for a team... one is quick, energised, likes to go to the basket, the other one is smarter, better passer... Parker is a kind of guy that should be used for games when u are 20 p behind in the last quarter and would come in and either save the game or totally messed it up, while Beno is the kind of player that can "sit on the ball" while the team has the lead and would organise the whole thing much better and just kinda hold the lead...!

Jimcs50
11-30-2004, 03:16 PM
What's next? Tim or Malik, who is better?

Karl Mundt
11-30-2004, 03:23 PM
What's next? Tim or Malik, who is better?

Don't get Marcus started...