Jimcs50
05-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Kirilenko's take
JAZZ: AK judges Jazz play as weaker than before
By Michael C. Lewis
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 05/25/2007 02:49:41 AM MDT

Have the Jazz simply hit their ceiling?
Forward Andrei Kirilenko wondered whether that's the case - which might explain why they are playing "weaker" against the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA's Western Conference finals than they did earlier in the playoffs.
"I don't think we're playing the game we played in the first or second round," Kirilenko said after practice Thursday. "I think we're playing weaker. I don't know why. Probably, we kind of not really believe in ourselves. Probably, we think probably that's our ceiling, for this moment. Maybe."
Pressed on why he thinks the Jazz might have maxed out for the moment or begun to lack confidence heading into Game 3 against the Spurs at EnergySolutions Arena on Saturday, Kirilenko clarified his comments.
"I just said, 'Maybe,' '' he said. "It's not a fact. Just maybe. I hope it's not. All we can do right now is just compete every game."
Several of Kirilenko's teammates still discounted the idea that they have reached their potential for this season and simply need more time to grow into the kind of team that can seriously contend for a championship.
"I don't believe that," forward Carlos Boozer said. "I don't need no more time. I want to win right now. I hope the guys are on the same page. We didn't get here by having that attitude, that 'Oh, we can't get good enough, fast enough.' We have to have

the mentality that we can compete with this team. We can run up and down with them, we can defend them, we can score against them. And if we don't have that mentality, then we shouldn't be here in the first place.
"That's terrible," he added. "That's a terrible attitude, if you ask me. I hope all the guys are on the same page as I am, that we can get better in the next two days and have a great Game 3 and change the outlook of the series. But we have to have that mentality first."

Jimcs50
05-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Trouble in Jazztown?

Divide and conquer......Pop knows about winning battles...I'd say.

:)

T Park
05-25-2007, 08:38 AM
If you can get the lead at halftime, let alone win the game, this series could be over.....

peskypesky
05-25-2007, 08:44 AM
AK47 is just a complete disappointment as a player. What kind of an attitude is that? If I were Sloan, AK would be benched for the rest of the playoffs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Well at least he wasn't crying when he said it. You can throw in all the "maybes" you want but when a thought like that crosses your mind it's not a good sign. And why the hell say that to the media? It's quitter talk, plain and simple.

BreezeHillBill
05-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Well at least he wasn't crying when he said it. You can throw in all the "maybes" you want but when a thought like that crosses your mind it's not a good sign. And why the hell say that to the media? It's quitter talk, plain and simple.
Sounds like the Jazz may be starting to turn on each other. AK was probably being a little too candid for his own good, but that attitude is infectious, and the comment can't be taken back.

bigFUNDAMENTAL
05-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Jazz destiny this year is only to reach WCF...
and they know that

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
ak47? ahahhaa does he have a right to call out his teammates? his the dude that fuckn took a game of to go fuckn cry a river when he couldnt face tmac....

Jimcs50
05-25-2007, 09:45 AM
AK47 is just a complete disappointment as a player. What kind of an attitude is that? If I were Sloan, AK would be benched for the rest of the playoffs.

He is a Russian...he is used to being defeated and depressed.

mikejones99
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
At least he got that great woman and a max contract, maybe he knows it is almost impossible to beat the Spurs.

wildbill2u
05-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Sloan will be pissed. to the max. Sloan is the type of guy that will be the last man to quit in a barroom brawl that he's losing.

I bet AK is gone next year.

SenorSpur
05-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Would anyone want AK47 on the Spurs? Price tag notwithstanding.

DarrinS
05-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Would anyone want AK47 on the Spurs? Price tag notwithstanding.

I'll pass

DDS4
05-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Man, even if you were outmatched, you don't show your cards.

50 cent
05-25-2007, 11:34 AM
WTF kind of comment is that to make in the media?

conversekid
05-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Probably, we think probably that's our ceiling, for this moment ... "I just said, 'Maybe,' '' he said. "It's not a fact. Just maybe. I hope it's not

Game over

rascal
05-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Most teams don't go from no playoffs or very little deep playoff run experience to champions. Teams have to have some deep playoff runs and losses before they become champions.

T Park
05-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Whats your boyfriend Vince Carter's excuse Rascal?

Budkin
05-25-2007, 11:50 AM
We need to put the Jazz away and keep them believing they have no shot. Don't give them any hope Spurs!

rascal
05-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Whats your boyfriend Vince Carter's excuse Rascal?
Carter has never played with a dominate big man. Duncan carries the spurs.
Carter > Manu

rascal
05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
The Jazz will get their only win of the series in game 3.

IceColdBrewski
05-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I took my Parents to game 2 (because Moms had never been to a game despite spending most of her life here), and I watched the body language of the Jazz before the game and during timeouts. Most of them act like a team that knows they're fighting a losing battle.

I think they're suffering from a major case of suprisedwemadeitthisfaritis.

DarrinS
05-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Why would AK say this to the media?

That's just Amare-dumb.

Extra Stout
05-25-2007, 12:14 PM
In response, the Jazz have announced they are banning vodka from their practice facility.

DarrinS
05-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Prozac?
http://www.kirilenko.ru/photo/1/35_big.jpg

tmtcsc
05-25-2007, 12:31 PM

The thought crossed many peoples minds. :lol :toast

tmtcsc
05-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Carter has never played with a dominate big man. Duncan carries the spurs.
Carter > Manu

Sorry....but I call Bullshit. Carter is not a complete player. He's an incredibly talented player on offense but that's it. He doesn't seem dedicated to doing all the things necessary to win. Manu keeps finding ways to contribute even when he is not "on".

BeerIsGood!
05-25-2007, 03:25 PM
There has never been a better time to go for the throat. The Jazz are down and a major player is doubting if they can get up. One more game to put the foot on the throat and Monday's to finish them off. This should look like a giant "We're here for the taking!!" sign to the Spurs. No mercy.

ShoogarBear
05-25-2007, 08:17 PM
You have to remember where AK is from.

Fatalism is part of Russian culture. Read your Chekhov.

Jimcs50
05-25-2007, 09:07 PM
You have to remember where AK is from.

Fatalism is part of Russian culture. Read your Chekhov.

gee, who already mentioned this????

:rolleyes

copycat

:p:

ShoogarBear
05-25-2007, 10:26 PM
This message cannot be read because Jimcs50 is on your ignore list.

Cry Havoc
05-25-2007, 10:47 PM
I have a feeling that coming into this series, Popovich knew exactly how to hit the Jazz. He knew exactly where to chop at them to collapse and fall apart from the times they've beat us in the regular season. Pop used those games, and now he's chemically dissecting the Jazz.

Our players are responding, too. With confidence and the best passing the NBA has seen all year, bar-none.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2007, 12:06 AM
AK 47 Sucks he is the most overpaid guy in the league, he can block shots big deal, he is an average one on one defender and he is mediocre on offense.

exstatic
05-26-2007, 12:15 AM
No, that would be Germans...like Dirk.

exstatic
05-26-2007, 12:18 AM
What happened is that the Jazz finally ran into a team with a fantastic defensive rebounder and a lightning quick guard that can match and exceed their offensive putback garbage baskets with easy runouts. The combination of Tim and Tony has pried them off of their own offensive glass to play transition D, and without the garbage baskets, the Jazz are quite average.

Rummpd
05-26-2007, 05:17 AM
AK47 = Dirk = Amare = statistical wonders and airheads

ballhog
05-26-2007, 05:31 AM

:lol