PDA

View Full Version : Cav's -- W T F

Soul_Patch
05-25-2007, 09:13 AM
How on earth did the Cav's make it this far. I tried to watch some of the game last night, watched the last half of the 3rd and first half of the 4th before i wanted to poke my eyeballs out.

Every time down court is the same thing. Dribble around in circles, labron comes out for a high screen gets the ball..dribbles around, cannot get an opening to the hoop, dishes out to a guy standing on the three point line...

rinse wash repeat...over and over and over...i never saw lebron put up 1 shot in that whole time...

why not work some passes? get some movement? get lebrone moving without the ball to try and break open...god how absolutely horrid and boring was that.

The whole team is basically a filler for lebron, and no one moves...

LEONARD
05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't know, BUT they've had 4 potential game winning shots not go down in the first 2 games in Detroit. They could just as easily be up 2-0 at this point. So maybe Detroit isn't that good?? :wtf

Soul_Patch
05-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Well thats what is strange to me.

It seems like such a really really bad performance, but they are staying in the games.

I dont know i couldnt watch anymore than i already did without falling asleep, but maybe it was just a bad stretch.

They do get wide open looks at three's alot, but in about 8 min of play, all i saw them do was shoot three's. dribble down 1 pass to lebron on the screen...he jabs around and tries to drive for 12 second or so..cant...pass out to open three pointer..

EastsBeasts
05-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Maybe Detroit is playing like San Antonio did in the first round against Denver. Maybe the Spurs are just not that good?

Extra Stout
05-25-2007, 09:27 AM
The Cavs played a decimated Washington team in Round 1, and a .500 NJ team in the conference semis. That is how they got this far.

LEONARD
05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm confused...2 games down to wire in Detroit...how are they showing that they don't below in the finals???

EastsBeasts
05-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm confused as well, why did the Mavericks belong in the playoffs when getting beat by an 8th seed?

LEONARD
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm confused as well, why did the Mavericks belong in the playoffs when getting beat by an 8th seed?

Wow...

That has what to do my post??? :wtf

Extra Stout
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
You should change your username to 'PistonsDynasty,' for consistency's sake.

monosylab1k
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Wow...

That has what to do my post??? :wtf

It's the old ST adage - when your basketball IQ is so low that you have nothing worthwhile to offer, just throw out some lame ass Mavericks insult.

Soul_Patch
05-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I dont care who belongs where and how well detroit has been playing.

my point is their style of basketball is really bland.

no movement, no passing, just 1 on 1 stuff and a bunch of guy standing on the 3pt line waving their hands for an outlet.

I am very suprised detroit isnt blowing them out of the arena.

td4mvp21
05-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Cavs aren't that bad. They are actually pretty good. They play ugly basketball but they have good defense and somehow stay with the Pistons.

nkdlunch
05-25-2007, 10:11 AM
How on earth did the Cav's make it this far.

No Arenas/Butler in first round. Vagina Carter in 2nd round. a shell of Webber in 3rd round

SpurForLife
05-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Maybe Detroit is playing like San Antonio did in the first round against Denver. Maybe the Spurs are just not that good?

Shut up idiot. Last I checked the Spurs won in 5 regardless. Let's see if the Pistons do the same!!!

confined
05-25-2007, 02:59 PM
pistons are forcing them into a half court game...cavs excell in the fast break with lebron but virtually have no half court offense

dallaskd
05-25-2007, 09:10 PM
If Lebron had any at all the cavs could be up 2-0 right now.

td4mvp3
05-25-2007, 09:21 PM
i don't get this. the spurs-nuggs series had one game in which one team failed to score at least 80 points (and that was the last game with doomed realizations setting in for the nuggs).

himat
05-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Easts Beasts What are you talking about?

Anyways...Cavs are good for the East, but I think the Pistons showed that they are the only team that would put up a fight in the NBA Finals as the representative of the EC.

Cavs are good for Eastern Conference Standards. I think every team that made the playoffs in the West would have a great chance to beat the Cavs.

The first 2 games have been close because the Pistons have not played full 48 minute games, and LeBron can keep any team above water. He is a super star.

td4mvp3
05-25-2007, 09:32 PM
you know, looking at the reg season stats, denver was actually better than detroit based on points, rebounds, assists, fg percentage, and free throw percentage. detroit does kill them defensively, though.

Borosai
05-25-2007, 09:57 PM
The Eastern Conference is the NBDL2.

baseline bum
05-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I hate that none of the ESPN talking heads are giving Detroit any credit whatsoever. It's all about LeBron being scared to shoot in game 1, and then LeBron forcing it in game 2. Blah, blah. All ESPN does is shit on teams that don't have a LeBron, a Wade, a Baron Davis, etc., and then whine about why no one tunes in for teams like the Spurs, Pistons, Jizz, etc. after they've talked every sportsfan in the nation out of enjoying their games.

trueD
05-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I hate that none of the ESPN talking heads are giving Detroit any credit whatsoever. It's all about LeBron being scared to shoot in game 1, and then LeBron forcing it in game 2. Blah, blah. All ESPN does is shit on teams that don't have a LeBron, a Wade, a Baron Davis, etc., and then whine about why no one tunes in for teams like the Spurs, Pistons, Jizz, etc. after they've talked every sportsfan in the nation out of enjoying their games.

I get what you are saying about star treatment advertising, but to hear Detroit fans and other writers tell it, Detroit isn't playing up to par this series.

And as for enjoying the games, both games have been close and decided in the final minute of the fourth quarter! Peeps who say Detroit is "allowing" Cleveland to stay close? Now there's annoying. :)

jochhejaam
05-26-2007, 03:16 PM
How on earth did the Cav's make it this far. I tried to watch some of the game last night, watched the last half of the 3rd and first half of the 4th before i wanted to poke my eyeballs out.
I imagine your eyeballs also would have been threatened if you had watched the Cavs sweep the Spurs in the regular while holding them to 81 and 78 points.

Go figure...

Pistonfan1
05-26-2007, 03:35 PM
The Pistons are a good tough team. However they are no way better or even as good as the 03-04 and 04-05 team. Their backup pgs blow ass in Flip and Hunter,Webber is declining dramatically and has been shit for quite some time now in this years playoffs, Dale Davis is fucking old and worthless for the most part, Nazr is a bench warmer,Jason Max is an undersized bigman yet he brings good energy but that really isnt enough, Dice is good on the boards but all he brings on O is a streaky midrange J and Delfino is a nice player but he is no where near a great consistent 6th man like Barbosa, Manu or Stackhouse. Billups,Rip,Tay,and Sheed are still very very solid but none of them are superstars. Also they have Flip Saunders who is a downgrade from Larry Brown in the coaching area. Dont get me wrong the Pistons are by no means a walk in the park. They are tough as nails but I cant say they are the best team of the final 4 playing for a title. They needed a Bulls meltdown in game 3 which pretty much prevented a 7th game, they needed the cavs to miss 2 WIDE WIDE WIDE open jumpers late in the game to barley squeak by, and they played the worst team in the playoffs in Orlando.

With that being said, I want to eat my words so much but my gut tells me i wont. The Spurs are the most complete team out of everybody remaining. I dont see any of the remaining teams good enough to beat them 4 times in a 7 game series. The Pistons sadly are struggling like crazy to get out of a shitty eastern conference. If we still had Larry Brown I would feel better about our chances but we have a poor mans Rick Adleman coaching this team! :pctoss

SpurForLife
05-26-2007, 04:17 PM
I imagine your eyeballs also would have been threatened if you had watched the Cavs sweep the Spurs in the regular while holding them to 81 and 78 points.

Go figure...

Ah yes, the good ol Cleveland swept the Spurs remark. Sorry, they are still not all that great and certainly not as good as Utah who by the same token swept Detroit in the regular season.

jochhejaam
05-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Ah yes, the good ol Cleveland swept the Spurs remark.
And the remark was totally appropiate considering the point the Spurs fan is trying to make in the thread.

Sorry, they are still not all that great and certainly not as good as Utah who by the same token swept Detroit in the regular season.
I'm missing the point of you admitting that you were swept by a lesser team...?

LEONARD
05-30-2007, 08:28 AM
:lol

I don't know, BUT they've had 4 potential game winning shots not go down in the first 2 games in Detroit. They could just as easily be up 2-0 at this point. So maybe Detroit isn't that good?? :wtf

I'm confused...2 games down to the wire in Detroit...how are they showing that they don't belong in the eastern finals???

*cough*

as I was saying...

monosylab1k
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
If Donyell Marshall hits a wide open three pointer, this series is 3-1 Cleveland.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2007, 10:55 AM

Easy answer is the Eastern Conference blows. Pistons are the only good not great but good team that was consistant at all during the year.

LEONARD
06-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Shameless bump...

LEONARD
06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Shameless bump #2 :lol

hater
06-04-2007, 12:39 PM
No Arenas/Butler in first round. Vagina Carter in 2nd round. a shell of Webber in 3rd round

Webber blows.