PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker on Jim Rome

Rynospursfan
05-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Jim Rome just said Tony Parker will be on the show after the commercial break.

judaspriestess
05-25-2007, 12:01 PM
cool keep us um abreast of what he says.

DarrinS
05-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Tony says he likes the new Spurs "Bad Boys" image.

DarrinS
05-25-2007, 12:18 PM
TP said Horry just chills for the reg. season and shows up for the playoffs.

Rynospursfan
05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Rome first asked him about the success they have had against Utah, a good defensive team, the Spurs are shooting 55% against them.

Tony said he was surprised they are playing so well against Utah. They are a tough team. Tony then said that he knew Deron Williams because Tony's brother played ball with him. Tony took Deron out to a French restaurant before game one. Then Williams had a career night against him. Tony said he is not taking Williams to any more French restaurants. Tony then said that he thinks the games in Utah will be tougher. He said Utah is very good at home and mentioned that the Spurs lost both games there during the regular season. He said they would just have to show up and try to match the energy that the Jazz bring. He said it will be a different story in Utah.

Rome then asked what it was like coming to the States from France at such a young age and joining the Spurs.

Tony said it was a dream come true to be able to play with Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Then he kind of realized he had a chance in this league and the next thing he knew Pop was starting him after only 5 games. He said when you are 19 you don't even realize and are just happy to be on the court.

Rome said he remembered Pop screaming at him a lot and asked Tony if he still does that.

Tony said not like his rookie year but he still doesn't care who you are. He said "I don't know if you have seen him on TV when he gets all red in the face and crazy. lol

Tony then talked about his game and said the key word is balance. When to score and when to pass. He said Steve Nash is a good example because he handles the ball so much but he seems to find the right times to get his teammates involved and the right time to shoot. Tony says he just try’s to stay aggressive.

Rome then asked him about Bruce Bowen and if Tony thought he was a dirty player?

Tony said that the Spurs are suddenly the bad boys of the league and he thinks it is funny since not too long ago every one said they were boring. He said I like it now we are the bad boys.

Rome asked him about Horry's foul on Steve Nash.

Tony said he thinks Horry was a little frustrated and that is easy to do when you are playing at that intensity. He said Horry is a classy guy and that he was surprised.

Rome then asked Parker Big Shot Bobby's clutchness.

I couldn't understand Tony's answer. I don't know if his cell was cutting out or his accent was just too strong. But fortunately Rome recapped it and mentioned Tony saying that "Horry just spends all season chillin and then comes out in the playoffs".

That was the end of the interview and Rome called Tony "a very cool cat".

ducks
05-25-2007, 12:44 PM
thanks
GO TP !

Strike
05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
The jungle karma will be in FULL EFFECT!

Game 3 will be the game that breaks the "no playoff wins in Utah" streak.

:flag:

SA210
05-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Rome first asked him about the success they have had against Utah, a good defensive team, the Spurs are shooting 55% against them.

Tony said he was surprised they are playing so well against Utah. They are a tough team. Tony then said that he knew Deron Williams because Tony's brother played ball with him. Tony took Deron out to a French restaurant before game one. Then Williams had a career night against him. Tony said he is not taking Williams to any more French restaurants. Tony then said that he thinks the games in Utah will be tougher. He said Utah is very good at home and mentioned that the Spurs lost both games there during the regular season. He said they would just have to show up and try to match the energy that the Jazz bring. He said it will be a different story in Utah.

Rome then asked what it was like coming to the States from France at such a young age and joining the Spurs.

Tony said it was a dream come true to be able to play with Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Then he kind of realized he had a chance in this league and the next thing he knew Pop was starting him after only 5 games. He said when you are 19 you don't even realize and are just happy to be on the court.

Rome said he remembered Pop screaming at him a lot and asked Tony if he still does that.

Tony said not like his rookie year but he still doesn't care who you are. He said "I don't know if you have seen him on TV when he gets all red in the face and crazy. lol

Tony then talked about his game and said the key word is balance. When to score and when to pass. He said Steve Nash is a good example because he handles the ball so much but he seems to find the right times to get his teammates involved and the right time to shoot. Tony says he just try’s to stay aggressive.

Rome then asked him about Bruce Bowen and if Tony thought he was a dirty player?

Tony said that the Spurs are suddenly the bad boys of the league and he thinks it is funny since not too long ago every one said they were boring. He said I like it now we are the bad boys.

Rome asked him about Horry's foul on Steve Nash.

Tony said he thinks Horry was a little frustrated and that is easy to do when you are playing at that intensity. He said Horry is a classy guy and that he was surprised.

Rome then asked Parker Big Shot Bobby's clutchness.

I couldn't understand Tony's answer. I don't know if his cell was cutting out or his accent was just too strong. But fortunately Rome recapped it and mentioned Tony saying that "Horry just spends all season chillin and then comes out in the playoffs".

That was the end of the interview and Rome called Tony "a very cool cat".
Thanks!

Strike
05-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks!

Not one of the best jungle interviews, but it was with a Spur and it was entertaining so I'll take it.

BeerIsGood!
05-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Hopefully all of this "Jazz are 6-0 at home in PO" will JNX the hell out of them.

JAZZ CAN'T POSSILBY LOSE AT HOME IN THE PLAYOFFS. IT CAN'T HAPPEN!! :stirpot:

Death In June
05-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Now that I understand how this dipshit has an audience to justify his airtime, I'm begging you, stop. Fuck Jim Rome, the jungle, his "clones," and anyone keeping his piece of shit show running on sports radio. Of all the douchey, cliche, obnoxious morons in sports radio, Rome is near the worst. His clones are some of the dumbest motherfuckers I've ever tried listening to. The jokes are stale and unfunny, but somehow the show goes on. It's like an infinite turd coming out of my ass. Just make it stop.

judaspriestess
05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks RynoSpursfan :clap

I'm not a big fan of Rome either but at least he had Tony on there.

GrandeDavid
05-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Parkers was supposed to be on Rome a couple of weeks ago but had to cancel. I expected he'd come on soon. Cool interview.

efrem1
05-25-2007, 05:42 PM
The jungle karma will be in FULL EFFECT!

Game 3 will be the game that breaks the "no playoff wins in Utah" streak.

:flag:

No doubt now, the jungle karma will carry the team to the title!!!! :elephant