PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Jersey

usckk
05-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I am trying to buy a Spurs jersey online. Where are some good places to find some for inexpensive prices?

Also,

1) What's the difference between Nike and Adidas authentic jersey's? I'm asking because Nike ones are about $100 cheaper

2) Should I get an Authentic or Replica Jersey

Thanks.

IceColdBrewski
05-25-2007, 12:46 PM
2) Should I get an Authentic or Replica Jersey

That's an easy one to answer. Just ask yourself. Why would anyone want to shell out so much money on an Authentic Jersey when you can get a replica that looks exactly the same for $25.00? But hey, it's your money, so you decide.

J.T.
05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
eBay is probably the cheapest online. I have got 3 legit authentic Spurs jerseys on eBay for $50 or less. But there are fakes, best bet is to buy from someone who has good feeback from ppl he sold to saying they aren't fakes, or someone who runs an eBay store and has a lot of jerseys for sale.

1) The Nikes are probably cheap because Nike hasn't manufactured NBA jerseys in a long time. This is the first year for Adidas handling the NBA brand. Before Adidas it was Reebok.

2) Depends on what you like. I prefer authentics, because the materials used to make them are a lot better and it just plain looks nicer than those silly mesh replicas.

sa_butta
05-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I prefer stitched, I got one at academy last year for $60. Some places may be hiked up now because it is playoff time. It is probably better bought during off-season if you are trying to save money.

usckk
05-25-2007, 02:08 PM
The thing about the authentic ones...I can't seem to find any my size--medium. Most of them are in the 48-54 range which is XL and XXL.

leemajors
05-25-2007, 02:09 PM
it isn't a jersey but i scooped this up off ebay the other day:

http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2796564dt.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-25-2007, 02:24 PM

What kind of material is that? I've really been digging Adidas' Climacool lately.

leemajors
05-25-2007, 03:13 PM
it said 100% cotton. i love the adidas socks with the anti-microbial stuff woven in them - little to no smell.

Burn531
05-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Jersey shirts are cool. I got a few that are really nice and comfortable.

IceColdBrewski
05-25-2007, 06:40 PM
The thing about the authentic ones...I can't seem to find any my size--medium. Most of them are in the 48-54 range which is XL and XXL.

99 out of 100 people aren't going to know, nor give a shit whether or not you're wearing an authentic or a replica jersey. They're just going to see someone in a Spurs jersey. Plain and simple. So why throw away all the extra dough when you can go the cheap route and save the extra money for something else? Like taking your lady out for a nice dinner. Or better yet, tickets to a Spurs game.

KEDA
05-25-2007, 11:45 PM
just like shoes, there are a bazillion fakes on eBay.

I prefer the swingman jerseys, IMO the replicas look like shit, and they wear apart way too quick, the swingman jerseys have the names, numbers and logos stitched on, and they will last a long time!

Beno Udrih
05-25-2007, 11:50 PM
just like shoes, there are a bazillion fakes on eBay.

I prefer the swingman jerseys, IMO the replicas look like shit, and they wear apart way too quick, the swingman jerseys have the names, numbers and logos stitched on, and they will last a long time!
+1

Beno Udrih
05-25-2007, 11:55 PM
I prefer swing-man jerseys as well. The replicas, although cheaper wear out fast. And the authentics are pretty fucking expensive, but made with the finest quality. The swing man is just right.

Right now Adidas is the official apparel for the NBA. Last year it was Reebok. So if you have the time go to websites like the sports authority to see if you can find any left over Reebok swing man jerseys, they're just like the Adidas swing man , only at a discount since Reebok isn't the official apparel for the NBA.

dallaskd
05-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Swingmans are all i buy. replicas look cheap and the letters/numbers peel off. I bought a new Chris Bosh swingman on ebay for $50. Im sure you can find a good deal on there.

usckk
05-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the reply guys!

I finally decided on a new authentic Nike Tim Duncan Jersey with my size. It's the only one I can find that was size 40. The rest were super huge, especially the cheaper ones. Because the jersey was Nike, it was 70 instead of the usual 180+ for authentic jerseys. Still pretty expensive (especially when Nike are not the official makers since 2001), but size 40 are very, very hard to find for authentic ones.

What yall think? Good or bad choice?

THE SIXTH MAN
05-26-2007, 02:24 AM
Still a good choice. If you have the money, you can never go wrong with the authentic regardless of what brand it is.

KEDA
05-26-2007, 06:57 AM
If you'd like to post a link for it so I can check if its a fake or not.

ALVAREZ6
05-26-2007, 08:32 AM
I like swingman jerseys...I have a swingman Duncan and Ginobili jersey.

I never wear jerseys anymore though.

Jelly
05-26-2007, 09:19 AM
What about for ladies? I live in Virginia and my parents send me Spurs T-shirts but even the small sizes are too big. I've never bought a jersey before :oops I want to pick up five for me and my sisters and we're all around 5'4 and 120lbs. Anyone know where I can find something for us? We want to look good for the finals :spin

Also, since I'm buying I'm looking for something cheap!

Jelly
05-26-2007, 09:21 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you know things you buy off Ebay or other sites haven't been worn?

Nice shirt by the way.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-26-2007, 10:19 AM
What about for ladies? I live in Virginia and my parents send me Spurs T-shirts but even the small sizes are too big. I've never bought a jersey before :oops I want to pick up five for me and my sisters and we're all around 5'4 and 120lbs. Anyone know where I can find something for us? We want to look good for the finals :spin

Also, since I'm buying I'm looking for something cheap!

http://store.nba.com/gp/node/n/14168581/002-5610301-3396827?ie=UTF8&league=core

usckk
05-26-2007, 10:26 AM
If you'd like to post a link for it so I can check if its a fake or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TIM-DUNCAN-Spurs-Nike-Authentic-NBA-Jersey-WHITE-56_W0QQitemZ160119796196QQihZ006QQcategoryZ83100QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's the same one but different size.

FYI: I probably could of gotten authentic ones for $50, but the main thing is I want to wear the jersey and not just display it.