PDA

View Full Version : Who Predicted the Spurs Would Win this Year??

MrChug
05-25-2007, 12:33 PM
So does anyone know who in the national media predicted that the Spurs would win the championship this year (God willing) and stuck by us? Either at the beginning of the year or even MID-year? Kori, do you know??

I want to know who the smart people are :flag:

tmtcsc
05-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Here you go:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?page=PlayoffPredictions-07

Playoffs only.

nkdlunch
05-25-2007, 12:38 PM
gregg anthony has been in the bandwagon for a whilte too, unfortunately

barkley predicted but he has bailed recently

nkdlunch
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/features/nbaexpert_predictions_10272006.html

florige
05-25-2007, 12:43 PM

I know that analyst from CBS Tony Menja have us to win the whole thing too. He always is for the Spurs. Alot of people on the CBS message board hate him for that, note all the fire this idiot thread everytime he writes a decent Spurs article.

mabber
05-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I believe I recall hearing or reading that the majority of the league GM's picked the Spurs to win it all.

Strike
05-25-2007, 01:26 PM
I predicted them to win. Of course, I'm not a media hack so I guess my predictions don't count for much.

Well, they probably count for something since my opinion is based on my own personal opinion, basketball knowledge and statistics, not bandwagons.

At least they count to me.

romain.star
05-25-2007, 01:28 PM
whoever he is... the spurs ain't win yet

NoMoneyDown
05-25-2007, 01:52 PM

The overwhelming majority had James for MVP - and not even ONE Nowitzki pick.

DarrinS
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
me

lefty
05-25-2007, 02:09 PM
I did. And I did. And I did.

I spent hours on this forum telling everybody to calm down, that Pop knew what he was doing, that we were going to be another team in the playoffs, but everybody was like : " fuck Pop, trade Fin and Barry, Mavs are better than us, we are too old, we need Maggette (who?) "

I've always believed. :elephant :elephant

duncan228
05-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Street & Smith's '06-'07 preview predicted Spurs over Heat.

Lindy's predicted Spurs over Heat in 6.

Athlon Sports had, get this, Nets over Spurs.

Sporting News 5 "Experts" had the following:
Suns over Pistons
Suns over Heat
Spurs over Heat
Heat over Spurs
Spurs over Heat

This is why I buy these things in September. They are an absolute blast to look through now.
Let me know if anyone wants to know what other predictions they made.

GoSpurs21
05-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Dan Patrick keeps saying that he picked the Spurs at the beginning of the season but I dont remember him saying that back then.

spurchief
05-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Some people don't like him very much, but ESPN's Bill Simmons predicted Spurs over Cavs back in October.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/part2/061101

GrandeDavid
05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Stephen A. Smith picked the Spurs at just before the start of the regular season and has stood by that pic.

tsb2000
05-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I pick the Spurs every year. I've been right three times so far, going on four hopefully soon. :)

SpursFanFirst
05-25-2007, 06:45 PM

Given all the Maverick chatter throughout the season, I can't believe not one person from this list picked them.

Sweetey
05-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Three months ago I told my best friend in Detroit that we would have a rematch of 2005. Damn, I'm good !!! :elephant

SpursWoman
05-25-2007, 07:12 PM
I pick the Spurs every year. I've been right three times so far, going on four hopefully soon. :)

Me, too. :tu :lol

baseline bum
05-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I thought Dallas would do it. I mean, they freaking handed Miami that trophy, for what reason I'll never know. On paper, they should have been a 67-win team and an NBA ch... oh wait. :lol

Spursfan101
05-25-2007, 07:17 PM

I think Brent talked to his dad before he made his predicions.

Rick says...
Finals Champ: Spurs
MVP: Tim Duncan
Coach of the year: Pop

SpursDynasty
05-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I was the only poster here that I can remember that picked the Spurs to win the championship and stuck by it ALL YEAR, not changed my pick to Dallas or Phoenix in February like everybody here. That's how everyone started hating me, by thinking I'm a dumbass for thinking the Spurs were still good in February. "Oh well Dallas is young and athletic" "The Suns are athletic and exciting". I couldn't wait for the playoffs to start, because I knew Dallas and Phoenix were both just getting lucky shots to fall at the right times and getting all the calls in their favor.

I remember hearing chants of "trade Beno and Oberto" in February. Now Oberto is making more of an impact than Elson.

I'm glad the Spurs aren't a fluke team.

mardigan
05-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I was the only poster here that I can remember that picked the Spurs to win the championship and stuck by it ALL YEAR, not changed my pick to Dallas or Phoenix in February like everybody here. That's how everyone started hating me, by thinking I'm a dumbass for thinking the Spurs were still good in February. "Oh well Dallas is young and athletic" "The Suns are athletic and exciting". I couldn't wait for the playoffs to start, because I knew Dallas and Phoenix were both just getting lucky shots to fall at the right times and getting all the calls in their favor.

I remember hearing chants of "trade Beno and Oberto" in February. Now Oberto is making more of an impact than Elson.

I'm glad the Spurs aren't a fluke team.
No Spur fan would hate on a SPur fan because they picked them to win the title. People call you a dumbass cause your a dumbass and say stupid shit constantly

SpursDynasty
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I thought Dallas would do it. I mean, they freaking handed Miami that trophy, for what reason I'll never know. On paper, they should have been a 67-win team and an NBA ch... oh wait. :lol

Dallas is a one-man team. One-man teams don't win championships. They will need more firepower than just Dirk.

Maybe, just maybe if they have more than just Dirk next year, I will respect them as a REAL 60+ win team.

tmtcsc
05-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I was the only poster here that I can remember that picked the Spurs to win the championship and stuck by it ALL YEAR, not changed my pick to Dallas or Phoenix in February like everybody here. That's how everyone started hating me, by thinking I'm a dumbass for thinking the Spurs were still good in February.

Really ? EVERYBODY else in here picked Phoenix and Dallas to win it all in February. And because you stuck by the Spurs to win it all, EVERYONE else started hating you and thinking you were a dumbass.

I find that very hard to believe.

tmtcsc
05-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Rick Kamla is such a tool. He badmouths the Spurs on radio stints but is regulated to kissing ass on tv. He had his lips all over Amare's unit and the Phoenix Nuns it was funny. I wonder if he put money behind his picks.

Corn on the Colb
05-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I picked the Spurs from about March. They just looked too good.

:D

himat
05-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Do you know about those polls with the NBA GM's before the season starts? The ones where they choose who wins the championship, MVP, etc?

No GM's picked Detroit to win, and some actually picked Minnesota and Orlando to win it all. Detroit is not the champs yet, but it looks like they will be the champs or San Antonio will unless the Cavs and Jazz can have great homecomings.

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
So does anyone know who in the national media predicted that the Spurs would win the championship this year (God willing) and stuck by us? Either at the beginning of the year or even MID-year? Kori, do you know??

Not me. I picked the Hawks to go all the way. :lol

Racspur1
05-25-2007, 10:17 PM

:lmao :rollin :cheer :lmao :lmao

milkyway21
05-26-2007, 03:55 AM
this is yr 2007 right? (1999/2003/2005/?:D). Good odd year.

Marty Burns predicted Spurs winning the title this yr, but we're not winning yet. We're still playing in the WC finals.

Strike
05-26-2007, 04:22 AM
No GM's picked Detroit to win, and some actually picked Minnesota and Orlando to win it all.

:lmao

JPB
05-26-2007, 04:29 AM
I was the only poster here that I can remember that picked the Spurs to win the championship and stuck by it ALL YEAR

:rolleyes

Displaced Spurs Fan
05-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Here you go:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?page=PlayoffPredictions-07

Playoffs only.

Your avatar reminded me I need to go "talk" to the wife, thx man.

polandprzem
05-26-2007, 10:16 AM

The spurs won a championship :huh

And I haven't seen them playing in the Finals? :pctoss

BUMP
05-26-2007, 10:16 AM
i would like to know how many Spur fans stuck by their team all year.

in mid-January suicide rates in SA were at an all time high :rolleyes