PDA

View Full Version : Setting The Record Straight About U.S. Voter Fraud Allegations

Nbadan
11-30-2004, 03:50 AM
NOVEMBER 15, 2004 – My, my, my. Look at the non-Moderate Independent media at work.

People who believe our elections should have integrity are ‘conspiracy theorists.’ George W. Bush’s winning margin is historically large, the first actual majority in ages. John Kerry – and his horrible, borderline psychotic wife – ran a horrible campaign. George Bush ran a smart campaign and won thanks to the ‘values vote.’

This is the world of the non-M/I media, and this is the filter America gets its information through. And with all of the above, we are just talking about the mainstream non-Moderate Independent media. For Fox, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. it is even better.

People who believe our elections should have integrity are ‘lefties,’ ‘liberals,’ or part of a ‘radical fringe.’ George W. Bush’s victory was a massive ‘mandate.’ And John Kerry – and his horrible, over-the-borderline psychotic wife – not only ran a terrible campaign, but were terrible candidates (even if she wasn't actually one,) and terrible people. Bush ran a brilliant campaign and won thanks to the fact that America is an evangelical Christian dominated nation.

This is the world of the Fox/Limbaughians.

All of this ‘perspective’ and coverage simply shows once again that the entire non-M/I media is nothing but a battle of right-wing and right-winger. So, for the sake of having somebody deal with all of these issues from a place called reality and a perspective called American, let me take a moment to set a few things straight.

People who believe our elections should have integrity, that people should actually both get to vote and have their votes accurately counted, are not of any particular party, they are of all parties. Those who pretend people battling over the election’s results are just sore losers trying to come up with conspiracy theories obviously have missed the last four years.

You know, those four years during which these same people – people like the ones over at www.blackboxvoting.org – have been saying it looks like the fix is in. This is not something people dreamt up on election night as things started to be called for Bush, as the entire non-M/I media is making it out to be. It is nice they have just found www.blackboxvoting.org and finally acknowledged the existence of its founder, but that doesn’t change the fact that for the past four years she and top scientists from top universities and millions upon millions of Americans have been battling against paperless e-voting, because the system quite simply lacks integrity, as it leaves no verifiable paper trail.

This would be bad enough alone if it wasn’t for the second part of this reality: Bush Republicans fought, went to court, and even legislated in places like Florida not to only ensure there would be no paper trail for the e-voting, but that doing a recount would be forbidden by law.

A little odd?

We got an e-mail from blackboxvoting.org a while back, asking us if we might put their information – the info that explains why the e-voting machines we used were in no way safe or secure - up on our server, as they were having server after server shut down by the authorities. We didn’t know what to make of them or the claim about websites being shut down, so we didn’t help out. But we read their material, and it, in detail, laid out the problems with e-voting.

So for four years there has been the clear statement that the setup was not one with integrity, and the fact that the Bush Republicans were going to such great lengths to ensure that our elections would be operated on electronic machines with no paper trail brought alarm to millions – even if the non-M/I media and the Democratic Party chose not to deal with it.

You had the easily fixable machines, on which 40 million of the votes this past election were cast. Then you had the fact that the man responsible for programming and making most of them was not just a Bush supporter, but a high-level Bush campaign operative who happened to be from Ohio and who openly, publicly promised to do whatever necessary to deliver Ohio to Bush.

You may not have been paying attention, but it doesn’t change the fact that millions of Kerry supporters were very concerned going into the election that no matter what success they actually had, the vote was going to be fixed. Not after the fact, before the fact. And no, not due to paranoia, but due to the simple facts laid out above which should have had all Americans who care about the integrity of our elections in great alarm.

As if all of this wasn’t bad enough, election night came, and the exit polling said one thing while the vote tallies said something entirely opposite. And errors and problems popped up by the thousands, and all of them had one thing in common: they all tilted things in favor of Bush. Not one machine took a Bush vote and registered it Kerry, not one precinct accidentally gave Kerry some extra thousands of votes, not one mostly Republican precinct had its voters stuck standing in line for 7-10 hours. Not one. But in thousands of reported cases this occurred the opposite way.

The millions of people now demanding recounts and blogging away over the voting issues did everything possible to ensure this scenario never happened. They wanted – as the Bush side of things claims to want now – simply to be able to have a vote and go with the results. But reality is reality.

And the reality is that: the voting technology used was fixable; the man in charge of the company who made and programmed most of the e-voting machines was one campaign’s operative; and – again, this actually occurred – the exit polls said something entirely opposite of what the election tally said. If you need all this in greater detail, try this report from a Ph.D. expert on the subject from the University of Pennsylvania - all the info on exactly how the exit polls were skewed, etc. are analyzed in this. For example, check out this chart:

http://moderateindependent.com/table2.jpg

His conclusion: fraud or mistabulation is, "an unavoidable hypothesis, one that it is the responsibility of the media, academia, polling agencies, and the public to investigate."

To look at facts and decide that 2 plus 2 might just equal four is not radical, and it has nothing to do with left, right, or center. A detective who spots something suspicious and follows up on a lead is not suddenly called a “leftist.” He is called someone doing his job.

And, despite the expected non-M/I media’s usual bullying and name calling, that’s exactly what the election count battle is.

Next: The idea that George W. Bush won some sort of ‘mandate,’ and the constant pointing out of how this is the first time in a long time that a President has won an actual majority – and so that must mean this was a real big showing for Bush – is just more of the same name calling-type nonsense.

The non-M/I media knows just as well as we do that George W. Bush’s margin of victory was among the smallest in our entire nation’s history, and that his “majority” victory was among the most pathetic of margins. Sure, the last time a President won a true majority was in 1988, but that was because in 1992 a major third-party candidate, Ross Perot, ran and got about 20 percent of the vote, and in 1996 he ran again and got almost 10 percent. In 2000 we had the last Bush election mess, where he didn’t win the popular vote at all, never mind a majority.

So you see, the fact that it has been a while since a President has won with an actual majority in no way means that Bush’s 51% this time would be a big victory. Everyone knows this. 51% is an extremely slim margin of victory, one of the smallest percentages for a president to get in our nation’s history, and all the media outlets pretending it means something else are, yet again, just bullying and trying to force a legitimacy on a election that can not be legitimate until several questions are resolved – if they can even be resolved, thanks to the entirely unverifiable setup the Bush Republicans worked so hard to arrange.

Next: every media outlet out there is bashing John Kerry’s campaign, or at least picking it apart. Newsweek is even going after his wife viscously. While these stories may be fair game enough (and we have our share of Kerry campaign stories as well, which we will share shortly,) not one of these outlets has hit the real story about what a disastrous failure Bush’s campaign was.

An incumbent President in time of war with a massive propaganda machine and a campaign money war chest bigger than any before in history barely manages to survive. He ran a horrible campaign, which began during his first day in office, instituting policies even his most fervent supporters couldn’t go along with without holding their noses, such as his reckless deficit spending and the asinine unilateral, pre-emptive venture into Iraq.

His performances in the debates, in particular in the first debate, were not just poor, not even just bad, but historically horrible. Children throughout the ages will watch the first debate between John Kerry and George W. Bush and watch in awe as the nation’s official president shows himself to truly be the mentally incompetent puppet people joked about all along, the man who was afraid to testify in front of Congress without having Cheney there to hold his hand, the man who never held free form press conferences. The closely guarded secret of Bush’s bizarre lack of temperamental control and clear lack of mental ability got past the handlers this time.

His campaign could never rise above the gutter, and hung itself around a few constantly repeated lies and personal smears and clung desperately to the biggest failure to protect the homeland in the history of our nation, the tragedy of 9/11, as a desperate effort to scare people into not so much voting for the President’s re-election, but making them too afraid to consider change.

And so a mainly wooden, northeastern, left-leaning moderate at the very least almost – if not actually – cleaned the clock of a sitting president in time of war. If Bush had had any success while in office and run a half way decent campaign, the election would not have been close.

As for the ‘values’ vote, that term, of course, is being happily misused, just as labels like “liberal” are constantly misused with glee. First off, the ‘values’ vote the media is talking about is truly the amoral, overly self-righteous hypocritical bigot vote. Hating gays while approving of killing children with increased air pollution is not a ‘values’ vote. Just because people claim to have ‘moral values’ obviously doesn’t mean it. The actual values vote was split between the parties, as some people on each side put what were truly matters of moral principle – for some, standing up against abortion, for others, standing up against the killing of innocents through horrible environmental policy and horrible acts of war – before other issues in choosing their candidate.

And, as has been pointed out, that even the self-righteous hypocritical, “We have values,” voters did not do anything so much more massive than they have done in the past, turning out, when the numbers are looked at, in about the same proportion as usual.

What did help President Bush – in fact, what has been his most important base – was a group the non-M/I media pretends doesn’t even exist: the proudly amoral vote, which also can be referred to as the ‘bad boy’ vote. This is the central strength of the Bush coalition. The guys who say, “My Hummer is going to give people asthma and make global warming happen sooner? Cool, I’ll buy two.” The people who say, “We tortured people in Iraq? Great, I just wish I could have helped out.” The ones who said, “I don’t care if we lied to attack Iraq just so we could take the oil – as long as I get cheap oil, I really don’t care.”

Yes, these are the people the rest of the media pretend don’t exist – and that is exactly what these ‘proudly amorals’ love so much. They get to be this scummy yet, at the same time, brag that they are the truly righteous ones, the ones with ‘values.’ They boastingly call themselves ‘conservatives,’ by which they mean ‘the ones with values,’ and then sit around insulting anyone who takes a moral stand on any issue. These people were the true base that gave Bush any chance of competing at all.

They love the fact that their news stations and President lie, because they get away with it. It’s great fun for them. They love that they get to claim to be pious while their Vice President swears on the floor of the Senate like a school yard punk. Most of all, they love that they can do or say whatever they want and yet still be dubbed the good ones, the moral ones, and still win. This is President Bush and his base, and the only correct label to call them is Machiavellian anarchists, people who truly take pride in not having respect for laws or treaty, but instead just like the laws of “the strongest rules” and “might makes right.” Treaties, international conventions, the Constitution, forget it if they stand in their way. Polluting kids lungs? Waa waa waa, taunt people who care about such wimpy things. Racism? You bet it’s fun, even more fun to do when people let you pretend you are not doing what you are doing.

This has been to key for the GOP, and this is what has led our nation in the direction it has gone – even if the rest of the media doesn’t want to acknowledge that these people not just exist, but are a huge segment of our population.

So to sum up: People who believe our elections should have integrity are simply good Americans doing their duty. George W. Bush’s victory was miniscule and questionable. John Kerry – and his wife – ran a campaign that can be critiqued, but so did President Bush. And it was not the values vote but the 'proudly amoral' vote, the Machiavellian anarchists, who were Bush's strongest core of support.

Well there you have it, the actual world – and the one the rest of the media refuses to or is incapable of – or, more accurately, deliberately avoids – acknowledging.

That’s okay, this is why we exist. Somebody has to put truth and what is best for America above political spin and ratings. Somebody has to speak from America’s True Voice.

Moderate Independent (http://moderateindependent.com/v2i21bico.htm)

smackdaddy11
11-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Great souce.

Let's examine the links at the bottom of the linked page, shall we.

News

Economy - More Evidence As To Why, Economically, People Must Be Terrified Of A Second Bush Term

Republicans And Racism In Tennessee, One From The Dems

Who Is The Best Flip-flopper? It's Kerry, no, it's Bush..... - A column by guest writer Jackson Thoreau

Homeland Security Chief: I Value Money More Than My Nation

Pay Attention To Russia, Dammit!

Top Dem Source: Schwarzenegger Hates Being Gov, Won't Run For Re-election

Sept. 11 Commission Report Has Huge Credibility Problem

Comparing WWII And The Iraq War?

Succer Generation - If Terrorists Were About To Kill 25 Million Of Us, Wouldn't You Think It's Time To Take Action?

Economy - Does Anyone Remember Something Called The Deficit?

Cheney & Bush Pretend To be Angelic Christians

Unraveling The Fat Trap

ABC News Poll: Majority of Republicans Say Abusing Prisoners Is Okay, Half Of Bush-Brand Say Flat-Out Torture Is Just Fine With Them

Bush Nazi Chatter In High Gear, As AM Radio Takes To Praising Abuse

Simple Fact: The Bush/Limbaughians Know This Sort Of Abuse Takes Place - And Like It

While Disney Claims It Is Refusing To Distribute The Moore Film Because It Is Too Partisan, Disney Continues To Operate hard Core Right-Wing Radio Stations From Coast To Coast

Exactly As We Told You: We Said If Negroponte Was Being Appointed To Iraq, There Must Be Human Rights Abuses They Want Covered Up

California Giving Thousands Of Dollars To Anyone Who Buys A Hummer

We Are Killing Iraqis At A Faster rate Than Saddam Ever Did, And For Exactly The Same Reason He Did: To Try And Bring People In Line

I Am Pro-Life, And Therefore I Am For Legalized Abortion In All Cases

America, We Have A Problem

They Want To Talk Abut Past Quotes - OK, George W. Bush In His Own Words From The Past

Have They No Souls Or Basic Morality?

What Actually Led To 9/11 - Most Americans Simply Don't Know The Facts

President Bush Appoints "Colonel Death" As Us Ambassador To Iraq, Displaying Why The War Is Going So Badly And Victory Is Impossible Under His Administration

You Sickened Yourself By Following The 'Low-Fat' Craze, Will You Really All Now Poison Yourselves With This 'Low-Carb' Nonsense

They Didn't Ask A Single Useful Question

Is George W. Bush The Devil?

Air America Radio Is On The Air - Bush/Limbaugh Republican Hold On Power On Verge Of Collapse

Condi Rice Caught In A Flat-Out Lie On 60 Minutes

Do You Bush/Limbaughian Idiots Understand Now Why GOing It Alone Made Us Weaker And Threatens The Success Of The Mission?

Bush Admin Still Afraid To Deal With Russia's Return To Soviet-Like Ways - Letting Victory Of Cold War Slip Away Due To Inept, Misguided Foreign Policy?

Bush Claims 9/11 Defines His Presidency And Leadership - And Nothing Could Be More True

Is Osama Already Caught?

Action Alert - The RNC is going after advertisers who speak against Bush, we turn the tables and go after their seemingly 527 violating supporters (i.e. talk radio)

The Man Who Rules The World - The most powerful man in America - and the world - is one that you never get to vote for, but who controls who gets elected or not

Who Exactly Is Matt Drudge And What Is It He Does?

M/I Platform, PT. 2 - Fixing Our Schools Is Not About More Money

Bush Joked While The World Trade Center Burned - Then He Let The Saudis Off The Hook - A column by guest writer Jackson Thoreeau

Bush Administration Officials' Lies About Iraq's Supposed Weapons Of Mass Destruction In Their Own Words - A column by guest writer Jackson Thoreau

How The Right-Wing Works - Inside The Latest Lie Being Spread By Their Typical Methods

The Millionaire Populist, The Changing Coverage, And The Coming War - What The Heck Kin Of Election Is This Anyway?

The Ronald Reagan Playbook - Deficits And War Were Part Of The GOP's Planned Platform

Understanding George - Loving Our American President

It's Nice Of Kay To Say No One Lied About WMD's, But That Simply Doesn't Make It True

Why We're Moderate Independents

The Actual State Of The Economy

The Actual State Of Latino Relations

The Overall State Of The Nation

Iraq War Was Planned Before 9/11? What Was The Rest Of The Media's First Clue?

President Bush: "So What's The Difference" If Your Sons And Daughters Are Now Dead Because I Lied

Anyone Who Does Not Hate President Bush Is Unpatriotic - If Your Are Not Angry, You Are Not A Good American

Did Former President George H. W. Bush Create An Oil Crisis In Order To Get His Son Elected?

Signs That Economy's Story Line Will Change Drastically In The Coming Year

Inside Defense Source: "There Were A Number Of Terrorist Incidents Here In The Late 1990's"

Saddam's Capture Has Made The World Far More Dangerous

Blair, Bush Announce Michael Jackson Will Give Up WMD's

Tale Of Two Leaders - One Side, Wesley Clark, On The Other, President Bush.

"For The First Time, The Chairman Of The Independent Commission Investigating The Sept. 11 Attacks Is Saying That 9/11 Could Have And Should Have Been Prevented."

Saddam Is Replaced By... Another Saddam?

"Oh, You Meant That War On Terror" If President Bush Had To Face Real Questions From Actual Reporters

Only President Bush Could Have Made The Capture Of A Brutal Dictator - Bitter Feelings Resonate Deeply Even Among Those Happy To See Saddam Gone

"Gen. Tommy Franks Says That If The United States Is Hit With A Weapon Of Mass Destruction That Inflicts Large Casualties, The Constitution Will Likely Be Discarded In Favor Of A Military Form Of Government."

Economy - New Gallup Poll And Labor Number Challenge Bush's Assessment Of Economy

The Biggest Issue No One Is Talking About - President Bush's Naive Foreign Policy Allows Putin To Play Him And Set The Stage For The Second Coming Of The USSR

Why I Want To Be A Republican

Even The Turkey Was Fake! Bird In Widely Used AP Photo Was Just A Photo-Op Prop

President Bush Bans Press Coverage Of Wesley Clark's Testimony Against Milosevic

Iraq Was Planned In 1998 - Four Years Before 9/11

Petition already signed by 2,200 Americans demanding the expulsion of U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay presented to Congress ethics committee members - you can sign it on-line by Guest Writer Jackson Thoreau

Standing Up For True Conservatives - The Destruction By The Neo-Cons Of All That Was Held Dear By Conservatives Has A Growing Number Joining The Ranks Of Independents

Bush Successfully Shifts Media Attention With Bogus Story Yet Again

No Photo Opportunity Left Behind - President Bush brings a few hand-picked reporters with him to Baghdad and has them quote a soldier as saying, "He's got to win in '04

Media Under Assault - President Bush Issues 10 "Ground Rules" For Covering The President's Visit To FT

Rush Limbaugh Busted Red-Handed! - He Runs Numbers About Tax Cuts For Thee Rich, But Even The Numbers Show How Stupid His Argument Is

UPDATE! - We Now Have The Full Story About The Woman Who Filed A Sexual Assault Lawsuit Against President Bush Last Year And Was Just Found Dead Of Gunshot Wound To Head - by Guest Writer Jackson Thoreau

I Mean, Goddamn It! How Can We Satirize These People If They Keep Satirizing Themselves?

The Enron-One-Two Run By Schwarzenegger In Just His First Few Hours In Office

Al Gore: 9/11 Could Have - And Should Have - Been Prevented

The Moderate Independent Platform - What A Platform Should Be - Solutions, Not Argument Points And Money Talk

This Quarter's Economic Disaster Touted As "Record Growth"

Wesley Clark, Jr.: "President Bush Has The 'Anti-Midas' Touch"

Absolutely No Decency Or Sense Of Morals

The Bush Administration's Actions Directly Parallel A Hostile Corporate Takeover

Let's Talk About How Friggin Stupid The Democratic Candidates Are For Debating On Fox News

A New Era Of Never Taking Responsibility

What Rumsfeld Really Thinks: "The US Is Putting Relatively Little Effort Into A Long-range Plan"

President Bush "Groped Repeatedly" By Schwarzenegger At California Meeting

"Joe Millionaire" To Be Season Long Campaign Commercial For President Bush

Case Closed: The Curse Is Not The Cause - Boston Exactly Follows The Cubs Lead And Lets Loser Thinking Send Them Home

Cubs Need A Ball Check

Absurdity Taken So Far It Has Become Assininity

Five Lies That Were Definitively Debunked By The California Recall Election

The Inside Scoop On The Most Powerful Man In Cyberspace

Bush Shows Himself To Be A Wimp After All

"Thank God Bush Was President on 9/11, Not Al Gore"

Getting The Left And Middle Right

Eight Things Democrats and Republicans Need To Change

British press reports Schwarzenegger’s groping and affair with former Little House on the Prairie actress; When will U.S. media do so? A column by guest writer Jackson Thoreau

Right-Wing Installs Another Puppet

The Moderate Independent To Sue President Bush

President Bush Takes Cowardice To A New Level

"Let Me Try To Confuse You Into Thinking This Has Anything To Do With The War On Terror." - A Simple Transcript Of The President's Recent Speech On Iraq

The Republicans' Choice For California's Next Governor

"President Eisenhower Must Be Speaking Out In His Grave About The Military Industrial Complex That He Warned About"

Gray Davis Changes Strategy

If Texas Wasn't A State, Would We Be Better Off?

Gray Davis Uses UCLA Speech To Give The Moderate Independent Free Advertising

California Recall Update: Strategies Of The Republicans And Democrats Go Into Action

Schwarzenegger To Be Replaced On Ballot By Howdy Doody

Yes, Arnold Is An N-Word-Using Racist, But Did He Also Harass Ronald Reagan's Daughter Patti?

David Kelly Had Said On Feb. 27 To Un Employee That If Iraq Was Invaded He Would, "Be Found Dead In The Woods."

Osama, Saddam Release Tape Of Britney Spears

Crisis Alert: Americans Accidentally Start Hating Americans

ENRON: Politics, Criminals, And Blame

Alpha Males Or Unintelligent, Big-Mouthed Morons?

Yes, Arnold Is An N-Word-Using Racist, But Did He Also Harrass Ronald Reagan's Daughter Patti?

Embattled California Governor Gray Davis Launches "Pre-Emptive" Strike On Cancun

At Last, Corporate Media Starts To Cover Schwarzenegger Story We Broke Months Ago

Davis Votes To Recall Himself

Schwarzenegger trails in latest poll - media that kissed his ass for weeks prretends poll doesn't exist

Blair And Friends Kick The Corpse Of Man Who Told BBC Lied About WMD's - Press, Of Course, Forgets About Story Within A Day

The Mission Of The Moderate Independent: Changing The, "They Both Suck, So I Don't Vote' Equation

John S. Ashton Is Back! Rewriting The Rewriting Of History - Mud To Throw Back In The Eyes Of Bush/Limbaughian Idiots

Counterpoint: Murder Or War Success?

Nation After Nation After Nation Is Joining Our "Coalition Of The Willing"

M/I Undercover: Racism And Politics? We Went Undercover To Find Out The Reality

Blair's Man Spits On The Corpse Of Man Who Told BBC Blair Lied

Dick Cheney Launches Attack On Peru

One policy that would improve all of our working conditions, and the cost to implement it is negligible

President Bush and Vice President Cheney Celebrate the 200th U.S. Death in Iraq With a Whirl-Wind of Fundraisers, Boasts of "Mission Accomplished"

Unraveling the fat trap: pt. 1 in a series two things you can do to lose weight - that will save you money as well

FBI Called In To Look For Missing Tax Cut Windfall

Battling Back: The Texas Three-Step

Governor Davis Launches Pre-Emptive Strike On Cancun

From The Mouths of Republicans: The Truth Behind The California Recall

Notes From The California Recall - Democrats Begin to Fight Back

President Lands On Aircraft Carrier To Celebrate End Of Palestinian/Israeli Conflict

Man Who Told Parliament Blair Lied About WMD's Believed To Be Dead

Battling Back: The Texas Three-step

Republicans Decide To Do Away With Elections

Umm, It's Another One Of Yours, George

FBI Called In To Look For Missing Tax Cut Windfall

Let's Get Something Straight: This New Breed Of Republican Is Pathetic

Republicans Begin To Cry Like Babies, Swear Like Bullies

"Pyrrhic Victory" Officially Renamed "Bush Victory"

Democrats Court The "Asshole Vote"

Democrats, Shocked And Awed As Gingrich Calls Bush's Role In War An "Unrelenting Defeat", Hire Him As New Spokesman

Like Father, Like Son: Bush To "Destabilize" Iran, Thinking It Will Somehow Stabilize Region

Why People Don't Belong To Either Party

On The Serious Side: President Bush's Great Diplomatic Success

Bush, Rove Start Planning Who to Blame, Bomb When 9/11 of Global Warming Arrives

Bush Admits He's Been Asking "Wrong Jesus" What He Would Do

Bush Hires Saddam's Information Minister

Could Bush Really Be To Blame For Ruining The Economy?

Democrats Suffering From 'SARS'

Is President Bush Being Exploitive, Landing "Top Gun" Style?

Santorum, Lott Sent Back To "Two-Shouldered" School

Tax Rate That Existed Throughout Booming Nineties Somehow Blamed For Current Downturn

Bush Thanks Osama, Saddam for Salvaging Republican Party

Schwarzenegger: "I'll make Bush Seem Like Mother Teresa"

Carter Ecstatic, Finally Freed Of "Worst President Ever" Label

Dick, Bush, And Colin: Fifth Graders, World-Leaders Laugh Hysterically At leaders' Combined Name Humor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editorial
Our Angry Readers - We Feel Your Pain

OK, Let's Talk About Reagan

M/I Readers Taking Back Our Nation

The Moderate Independent Endorsement - One Candidate Stands Out As The Clear Best Choice For America

Asia Hands Bush's Brother $2 Million And Lots Of Bush For Nothing But Being Bush, And More...

The Future Of The Moderate Independent - Can Anyone Say M/I TV?

A Labor Day Message

What Exactly Are You Complaining About?

Ooo, He Really Makes You Mad, Doesn't He?

Does Frequently Attacking Bush/Limbaugh Republicans Make M/I Biased?

Without That Tax Cut Money, They Couldn't Get Laid - The Differences Between Bushies And The Rest Of Us

Point: Is There Anything We Weren't Right About?

Feedback - Have Republicans found any fault with Bush's Iraq policy yet?

Did The President Lie About WMD's?

Letters

The Idea of a “Moderate Independent” News Source

Bush's Greatest Success To Date: Not Getting UN Support for the Iraq War

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Watch
Moore, Moveon.org. Theatrical Releases Set A Dangerous Precedent

Yet More Clear Evidence The Entire Media Is Bush Puppet

Moveon.org's Daily Mis-lead Flat Out Misrepresents A Report To Pretend Bush Has Been Caught In A Lie

Media Admits Its Coverage Of Clark Was Unfair

Fortune Magazine About To Try And Finish Clark Off With A Massive, Perfectly Timed Smear

Entire Media Now Picks Up Story Line M/I Reported A Month Ago: Clark Has Risen To Solid Number Two Status

Bush Administration "Simply Failed" To Prevent 9/11? Not If The Bullied-To-The-Right American Media Has Its Way

"We're Biased, Just Like You." This Is An Actual Slogan One Network Will Be Using.

Soros Donates A Lot Of Money? How About Murdoch Donating An Entire Network To The Bushies?

Tale Of Two Memos - The Story Of Two Leaked Memos, One From The Dems One From The GOP, Settle Once And For All Any Doubts That FOX News Is Anything Other Than Republican Puppet Station

CNN’S Christiane Amanpour Joins The Chorus Of Top 'Mainstream' Media People Saying They've Been Bullied To The Right By The Bushies

Talk Radio Host Rush Limbaugh Joins His Buddy Michael Savage Weiner In Getting Canned For Being Unacceptable Outside Of His Usual AM Radio Cave

The California Recall Debate

Larry Elder Proves Again To Be The Biggest Pussy On AM Talk Radio

ABC's Peter Jennings Admits ABC Has Been Bullied To The Right By The Bushies

Latest Press Report Ignores Poll, Pretends Arnold Is Still Frontrunner

Press-Trumpeted Lies About The 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals, And The Republican Plan To Take Redistricting To The Courts As Well

Savage Weiner Roasted Due To Anti-gay Rant

Rupert Mudoch On An Anti-American Rampage

Russian News Source 'Pravda' Sues Fox News For Stealing Its Format

AM Talk Host Savage Weiner Comes Out Of The Closet

CNBC'S Licklow And Kissass Invent 'Miscussion'

How To Still Sound Righteous When Caught Lying And Your Policies Are Found To Be Disastrous

Debunking The Media: ABC News' George Will Calls Vermont Communist

Debunking The Media: Man Kills 2 With Samurai Sword, Right Wing Rushes to Profit Off Of Corpses

Debunking The Media: The Confused, Psychotic Defining of "Conservative"

Debunking The Media: Texas Republicans Use Homeland Security Dept. To Try And Locate President Bush's Morals

Did Someone Actually Say "Liar"?

Right-Wing Commentators Distraught Murdoch Can't Buy Whole Internet

AM Radio Host Debate a Disaster

Australian-Owned Fox News, USA Today, NY Post Push "True American Agenda"

Axis of Murdoch Decides Who To Occupy Next

Arts/Entertainment
Ben Affleck Overheard Begging Matt Damon To Pinch His Ass In Public

Kelly Clarkson Ordered To Undergo Mental Evaluation

American Artists Vow To Continue Expressing Nothing Through Their Work

Dixie Chicks Treated With Southern Courtesy and Respect

Elections 2004
Kerry Walking Into Minefield We Warned About! Entire Election Is In Jeopardy

Bush: Kerry Is Right, The Rich Don't Pay Taxes On My Watch

The Whole Caboodle

Rounding Up The Democratic Convention

The Democratic Convention

ARG'S BENNETT: Battleground States Trending Kerry

Reaction To Edwards From Hollywood Stars At Kerry Event

Look, We Told You Months Ago Kerry Would Win By A Landslide

John Kerry, Leader Or Loser?

Kerry Surges Ahead In Swing State, As VP Begins To Look More And More Likely

The Road To A John Kerry Landslide Continues

Kerry's Secret Weapon

Who John Kerry Must Choose As His Running Mate

Bush In A Lot Of Trouble

President Bush Comes Out Of The Gate With Lies Blaring

Any Questions? The right-wing hit on Kerry takes him form unbeatable to almost beaten in just 4 days

The Strange Death of the Woman Who Filed a Rape Lawsuit Against Bush

Right-Wing Breaks Out: "Kerry Had A Recent Affair With An Intern"

Clark Makes It Official - he Is Canning His Campaign

Kerry Ko's Clark - Edwards, Dean Still Remain

Feb 3 Primaries - Each Of The Top 3 Get Not Quite What They Wanted, But Exactly What They Needed

Mobilization, Enthusiasm Will Determine If Kerry Delivers Knockout Blow Or If There Are Two Equal Frontrunners On Tuesday Evening

The New Republic: Kerry Sent Both Letter Opposing And Letter Supporting First Gulf War To Same Constituent

Midday Election Update - Gen Clark Takes On Kerry's Doublespeak, Republican Caught Pushing Edwards'

A Little Different When The Fox Is Run Out Of The Hen House

What Happened In New Hampshire - Putting All Together

Zogby Caught In Interview Admitting His Latest Poll Is Bunk

New Fox Reality Show Debuted Last Night In New Hampshire: Who Wants To Be An Ass Kissing Right-Wing Wonk

Enough Of The Day To Day Polls - What To Expect Over The Next Week In New Hampshire

The Hit Is On - Inside The Right-Wing's Strategy

Yes, We Told You So - And We Have Some More To Tell You

The Republican Party Platform

Making Sense Of The Iowa Mess - Within What Seems An Undecided Jumble Is A Clear Message

Right-Wing Launches Dishonest Smear Attack On Clark

Gen Clark Unleashes A Bold Tax Plan With One Distinct Advantage Over Those Of The Other Candidates: It's Easily Communicable

People Calling Older New Hampshire Voters - General Clark's Strongest Supporting Group - And Telling Them They Can't Vote&ggt;>>>>>>><<<<

OK, Now The Entire Press Is Reporting What We Reported On Dec 16, That Clark Is Rising, Dean Falling

Dean Shows Himself To Be No Different Than President Bush

Two Polls Confirm Clark's Rise And Deans Slight Sag

Bush Makes A Hard, Multi-Pronged Pitch For The Latino Vote

Dean On The Way Down

Rounding Up The Reactions - What Do The Democrats Have To Say About The Capture Of Saddam

Democrats Start To Get The Feel For Standing Up To The Media In Horribly Moderated Debate

Confirmation Of Clark's Rise Toward Front-Runner Status Comes Quickly

Inside The Campaigns - One Campaign Rising, One Holding Strong, One On The Way Out

Why People Love Howard Dean

Analysis: "How Dare They Be Angry That I Am A Liar Who Is Destroying The Nation!"

Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Disgrace Themselves, Hurt Their Election Changes By Bashing Clark For Being An Independent

Why Clark's Entry Into The Race Hurts Dean And Helps Kerry

Reassessing The Candidates

Cal Recall Update: 9th Circuit Court Of Appeals Recalls The Recall

Who Won Sept. 5 Dem. Debate?

Democrats Debate: In Their Own Words, The Sept. 5 Debate

Reassessing The Candidates

A Presidential Study In Ignorance And A Warning For Those Who Would Vote For Arnold

Dean Vs. Bush, According To The Corporate-Owned-And-Operated Media

Make No Mistake, For One Party The 2004 Presidential Election Has Already Begun

Dean In Charge

Rating The Dems On The Issues

The Moderate Independent Rates The Democratic Hopefuls Based On How Moderate And Independent They Are

Historical
Great Quotes From Thomas Jefferson

"A Great Nation Like Ours Will Never Fall!" A Collection Of Quotes From Pericles, Constantine, Napoleon, and Gorbachev

George Pissed About French Interference With War

The History Of The 1st Amendment

World
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao Confused By Total Lack Of Enemies

Fashion Critics Doubt Lula's New Look For Real

Northrop, Occidental To Sponsor Shakira's Columbian Tour

Powerful French, German, Russian Alliance Shows Strength By Letting US Occupy Iraq, Take Its Oil

Awards
The M/I Hero Of The Month Award Goes To Conservative Republican Tom McClintock

Coming Out Of The Closet Award: Country Music's Integrity On Display

Polls
Poll Results - Proof M/I Readers Are The Best Informed People Around

See Who MI Readers Picked For First Choice For President in 2004

See what your fellow M/I readers had to say about their loyalty or lack of it to the current face of the Republican Party

Rating the War on Terror

Thoughts On Speaking Out During a War

Has President Bush Kept His Promise To Be A Uniter, Not A Divider

Gee. Looks like a pretty independent site to me. :rolleyes

I've read your garbage here and normally I just ignore your simpleton attitude of the world, but this is just insane.

Here is an article from a MSM site discussing the exit polling with exeutives of the MSM. We all know how the MSM just loves the prez.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2109186/

In Defense of Exit Polls
You just don't know how to use them.
By Martin Plissner
Posted Thursday, Nov. 4, 2004, at 8:07 AM PT

Four years ago Dan Rather famously declared that when CBS proclaims a winner on Election Night, "You can take it to the bank." Tuesday night Dan knew better than to offer up another such hostage to the gods of chance, but he might as well have. For neither he nor anyone at the other networks made a single call that was not good as gold. So, why are we hearing so much noise about "flawed" and "wildly inaccurate" exit polls in this year's election? Not because of anything heard from the people who commissioned them, who if anything were cautious to a fault.

Back in the 1960s, when the networks first began projecting winners state by state, they had to wait for real votes, even in safe states, before they made a call. In 1980, however, NBC, without any notice to the others, changed the rules. They used exit polls—scientifically sampled surveys of voters leaving their polling stations throughout Election Day—to make a bunch of calls in states where the polls closed at 8 p.m., before any votes were counted. This method enabled NBC a few minutes later to post a triumphant "Reagan elected" graphic which no competitor could match for hours. Jobs at the other networks were suddenly in jeopardy.

By the 1982 off-year elections, every network had exit polls in every state. They raised Election Night budgets to the point by the end of the decade where none of the networks could afford them on their own. Starting in 1990, they formed a succession of pool operations, the latest of which, National Election Pool, made its debut Tuesday night—and, like its predecessor, the now-defunct Voter News Service, was summarily denounced that night for getting key states wrong and making John Kerry appear the presumptive winner.

What happened?

It's important to realize that nobody involved with exit polls ever regards them as precision tools. They have many imperfections. The pollsters who work outside the polling stations often have problems with officials who want to limit access to voters. Unless the interviews have sampled the entire day's voters, the results can be demographically and hence politically skewed. Finally, it is of course a poll, not a set of actual recorded votes like those in the precinct samples collected after the polls close. People who know what they're doing do not rely on exit polls to draw conclusions about a close race. They also look at models, voter turnout, and other data, and they consult their guts.

The two men who run the current NEP pool (one of whom is a close friend) have between them half a century of making judgments on whether the margin between the candidates in a particular state exit poll is close enough to declare a winner. They have never in their lives made a mistake in doing so. In 30 years' Election Night experience of my own, I know of only one case in which a network had to retract a call that was based on exit-polling.

And indeed on Tuesday, the network experts used exit polls as they're supposed to. Exit-poll surveys in some 29 states showed margins for George Bush or John Kerry great enough to conclude that the chances the leading candidate losing was essentially zero. On that basis, when the polls closed in those states and before any votes were counted, 16 of them were placed in the president's corner and 13 in the senator's. They tended to be places like Kansas and Rhode Island.

In quite a few of other states, though, the exit polls were less conclusive. That's where the trouble came in.

About 4 p.m., the pool statisticians met with the network reps and gave them a rundown on the exit-poll surveys and indicated which ones might be called when the polls closed (the 29 above) and which ones to be wary about. The networks were advised against drawing any conclusions from the second group and to air none of them. They followed that advice.

But while these figures never got on the air, they did get around. I have a rather long list of Web sites at which you could find early survey figures from the states that the networks agreed not to go near until they had real votes. Slate, for example, had these numbers up early:

Florida
Kerry 50
Bush 49

Ohio
Kerry 50
Bush 49

Pennsylvania
Kerry 54
Bush 45

Wisconsin
Kerry 51
Bush 46

Michigan
Kerry 51
Bush 47

Minnesota
Kerry 58
Bush 40

Nevada
Kerry 48
Bush 50

New Mexico
Kerry 50
Bush 48

North Carolina
Kerry 49
Bush 51

Colorado
Kerry 46
Bush 53

On this scoreboard, Kerry has the larger number in all "trifecta" states (Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania) decreed by every certified pundit as the key to victory in '04. In the second tier of battleground states Kerry has the better numbers overall. Shortly after these numbers were public, a friend in Dallas called and offered me heavy odds on Kerry. He owes me a hundred bucks. Thanks, Slate.

As it happens, Kerry did carry Pennsylvania. In Ohio he lost by two points instead of winning by one point.* Far from being wildly off the mark, that variance is about par for the course, or even under par, for a mid-afternoon reading of an exit poll. Indeed, Tuesday's exit-poll numbers were no more off the mark than were those of four, eight, or 12 years ago.

That's why the people who bought and paid for this intelligence kept it to themselves. Bill Wheatley, an NBC executive who understands these things, told the New York Times Wednesday that early afternoon numbers from an exit poll are "junk." Slate and the other Web sites on which these numbers appeared Tuesday afternoon have every right in the world to get them however they can and publish them. But it's hard to pin the blame for the dissemination of these numbers on those who tried so hard to keep them secret.

In one respect the networks do share some guilt. On their own Web sites, as soon as the polls closed, several of them posted the entire questionnaire from the exit poll—including percentages on the horse-race. They did this without regard to whether a winner had been called. Some bloggers concluded that those numbers had the imprimatur of the network experts and passed on to the entire Internet apparent conclusions that the networks had in fact wisely declined to endorse on the air.

But the real problem is not that the exit polls were wrong. They were about as accurate as they usually are. The problem was that in the age of the Internet the exit polls were being seen by thousands of people who didn't know how to read them. Like any sophisticated weapon, they are dangerous in the hands of the untrained.
Correction, Nov. 4, 2004: This article originally said that Kerry lost Florida by two points. In fact, Kerry lost Florida by five points. Return to the corrected sentence.

Martin Plissner is former executive political director of CBS News and the author of The Control Room—How Television Calls the Shots in Presidential Elections.

Useruser666
11-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow that's a lot of reading. May I be excused my brain is full?

Nbadan
11-30-2004, 11:41 AM
15 Important Questions that need to be answered by those who doubt the accuracy of exit polls...

1. Why are exit polls used throughout the world to monitor elections?

2. Why are exit polls considered to have been wrong in this election?

3. Mitofsky, the original exit pollster, has been doing them for 25 years. He must be doing something right. After all, isn't this how he makes his living?

4. If exit polls are worthless, why are they even used at all?

5. Why is it that exit polls are always considered to be very accurate - until Bush started running?

6. How can it be that 41 out of 51 state exit polls ALL understated the Bush vote tally? With 16 them beyond the margin of error?

7. How is it that Rove was the FIRST ONE TO KNOW that the exit polls were "wrong"? Does he do his own exit polling?

8. Why did VNS refuse to release exit poll results on the day of the 2002 elections?

9. Why is it that the motives of Democrats who were exit-polled are questioned whereas those who count the votes of the touchscreens and optical scanners are considered to be trustworthy?

10. How come exit polls have been correct to within 1/10th of one percent in the last three German elections?

11. How is it that the TV networks used exit polls over the last 40 years to call presidential elections, and were always right on the money?

12. Why did the networks call FL initially for Gore (correctly, based on exit polls) and then wrongly reverse the call to Bush in 2000? Could it have been due to the 16,022 Gore votes in Volusia that were mysteriously dropped from the Gore column (and given to third party candidates) by what Dan Rather at the time called a "computer glich", but which we now know was due to a Diebold "problem"? Or was it because 175,000 minority voters left the polls thinking their punched card votes for Gore would count? Or both?

13. Why is it that in 41 of the 51 states, the vote tallies would move from the exit polls favorably to Bush and only 10 would move to Kerry - and not ONE a battleground state?

14. IS THIS MASSIVE MOVE TO BUSH FROM THE EXIT POLLS JUST A MAGNIFICENT COINCIDENCE?

15. What is the probability that in 16 out of 51 states, the Bush tallies would deviate BEYOND THE MARGIN OF ERROR from the Bush exit polls - AND ALL IN FAVOR OF Bush - WITH NOT ONE DEVIATION IN FAVOR OF KERRY? Hint: you will find the answer in another thread. Be prepared to be shocked.

smackdaddy11
11-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Amswering all above questions with this:

But the real problem is not that the exit polls were wrong. They were about as accurate as they usually are. The problem was that in the age of the Internet the exit polls were being seen by thousands of people who didn't know how to read them. Like any sophisticated weapon, they are dangerous in the hands of the untrained.

Also, the EARLY numbers were wrong. I find no where in article where they are using the ENDING numbers.

I guess you feel leaking the early numbers is O.K. since it showed Flipper ahead.