PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Life With Matt Bonner

Sam
05-26-2007, 11:17 AM
http://www.wkxl1450.com/dynamickxl/

Forgot to post it this morning. He's on right now.

Sam
05-26-2007, 11:20 AM
So far he's talked about how they are in Utah getting ready for the game. They aren't going to change too much but they have been focused on the crowd. They know it's going to be a tough crowd and that they are ready to break their streak.

Matt said that some of the guys on the end of the bench played 3 on 3 the last couple days trying to keep in shape. And that he has been AK-47 on the scout team for the Jazz. He said he hates it because AK can't make a shot so his shooting is off. ;-) Matt said his favorite was being Carmelo on the scout team because he could average 40 in practice.

Sam
05-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Matt said that there's not a lot to do in SLC. Him and Brent are going to take a trolley down to the mall and watch a mall. He's going to watch some film later. He said being on a road trip is kinda boring especially if you've been there in a layover for a couple games.

He talked about Boston Celts draft curse. He thought it was a little funny. Matt said that he thinks the Celts will get a talented player at the 5 and it's hard predict a player's potential that's so young.

Sam
05-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Matt said that Portland has a lot of young talent and are they going to live up to the potential. Oden should help.

His agent is waiting until after the season is over before he talks to SA about his contract. Whole organization is focused on the championships. SA isn't going to do too many draft workouts. His contract is weighing on his mind some but he can't think about it. Reporter asked him to place a % on returning...he said 80% on him coming back because they like him and they are planning on him returning. He said they are high on me because of him picking up the system.

Sam
05-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Matt said that the Cavs need a BIG game 3 to go against the Pistons. He thinks in their minds they should have won at least one. Pistons are confident because they pulled them out. Cavs have to win both.

Jazz has no chance of coming back 0-2 but the Cavs might.

He plugged his charity concert on July 14th in Concord. There's a songwriting competition for it. So if anyone out there can write songs get on it. His brother is going to do some comedy. There's going to be some Spurs items up for auction there also.

usckk
05-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks Sam!

Spurs Brazil
05-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the recap Sam

SpursFanFirst
05-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Matt said that Portland has a lot of young talent and are they going to live up to the potential. Oden should help.

His agent is waiting until after the season is over before he talks to SA about his contract. Whole organization is focused on the championships. SA isn't going to do too many draft workouts. His contract is weighing on his mind some but he can't think about it. Reporter asked him to place a % on returning...he said 80% on him coming back because they like him and they are planning on him returning. He said they are high on me because of him picking up the system.

Thanks for posting this Sam...I'm never able to listen.
I really hope he's back next year!

boutons_
05-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Everything we've heard from both sides indicates he will be back.

I prefer that he play closer to the basket and help Tim with rebounding and defense the way Fabricio does. We have enough 3 pt shooters.

DuncanInYourFace
05-26-2007, 03:40 PM
he's a pretty chill guy

a buddy of mine rolled with him and his posse to some clubs and crashed at his house one night and said he was a good guy

FromWayDowntown
05-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Bumped into Bonner and Beno having dinner at J. Alexander's in the Quarry after Game 1 of the WCF. They were a pretty unassuming group -- not making a big deal of themselves; and nobody was running up to them for autographs or pictures.

Cane
07-09-2010, 02:37 PM
The Red Rocket had just finished recording his weekly radio show -- "The NBA Life with Matt Bonner" is entering its seventh season - when serious talks opened up the Spurs.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Concord's+Bonner+re-ups+with+the+Spurs&articleId=587d54f6-bb06-4a60-8fc0-85c828bf54fd

Matt Bonner has a weekly radio show? Wtf!