PDA

View Full Version : Spurs getting jobbed

Walton Buys Off Me
05-26-2007, 09:33 PM
This is right up there with the crap in Dallas last year.

Parker is getting ass raped every time he goes to the rim and he has 2 free throws to show for it.

Williams and company get looked at wrong and get sent to the line.

Welcome to Salt Lake City, Utah

violentkitten
05-26-2007, 09:37 PM
without a doubt.

violentkitten
05-26-2007, 09:38 PM
duncan with 4 fouls midway through the 3rd and the spurs in the penalty at the same time? wtf?

Walton Buys Off Me
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
The NBA is such a class organization with so much credibility, they would never dream of working a game in order to prolong a series.

Never

Gaytron9000
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
oh come on guys

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Did anyone expect differently?

Walton Buys Off Me
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll admit we are being outhustled and Duncan is a total shit-stabber tonight with the head down, complaining, poor me crap but this is some of the most one-sided officiating I've seen in a long time.

violentkitten
05-26-2007, 09:46 PM
duncan's 5th was total bs.

MannyIsGod
05-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Fuck the refs, maybe if the Spurs hadn't given up so many damn layups they'd be doing better. They in no way came close to stopping any penetration and their rotations have been shit all night long.

Jimcs50
:lol

We have seen this over and over. SA gets blown out in almost every series they play.

I really think they only play well when they have to, sometimes.

johngateswhiteley
you guys are fucking stupid. the Spurs are losing b/c they are getting out hustled and TD has been in foul trouble. nobody to blame but themselves, besides it was only a matter of time before the Spurs layed an egg.

...that being said, this game isn't over. gotta make a run over the next few minutes to get it back to single digits.

MadDog73
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
There were bad calls on both sides.

The refs ruined this game. Hopefully, come game 4, the teams will actually be allowed to play some ball.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Poor games from Duncan, Ginobili and Pop toinght

violentkitten
cool. slo-mos of williams hitting td on the arm.

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Poor games from Duncan, Ginobili and Pop toinght

Do not put this on Pop.

violentkitten
and another.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Seriously where did Pop develop this man-love for Brent Barry?

Johnny RIngo
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Every time Duncan gets going they slap him with a foul. That 5th one was total BS.

Crap effort by the Spurs players+bullshit refs=blowout. They need to stop acting like the Suns and play through this shit next game.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Do not put this on Pop.

Losing isnt on Pop... but Leaving Barry and Vaughn on the floor was idiotic

violentkitten
05-26-2007, 09:52 PM
yeah, i guess you have to call that a foul.

MannyIsGod
05-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Any slow mos of Girececk dumping passes to Millsap after blowing past the defense? Gordon fucking Giricek? Give me a fucking break, they need to play some damn D.

TampaDude
05-26-2007, 09:54 PM
:lol

We have seen this over and over. SA gets blown out in almost every series they play.

I really think they only play well when they have to, sometimes.

Yup...Spurs gotta get this one outta their system...

johngateswhiteley
05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
cool. slo-mos of williams hitting td on the arm.

b/c the refs get that luxury... :rolleyes

DuncanInYourFace
05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
can't really blame the refs ENTIRELY on this one

i mean barry and vaughn jacking up HORRIBLE shots hasn't helped

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Do not put this on Pop.

Yep, it's not like he played Barry over Finley when it mattered or anything...

The whole team, from the coaches to the players, mailed this one in.

Jimcs50
05-26-2007, 09:59 PM
WTF is Williams still in the game, anyway....serves them right if he is hurt.

:ihit

TampaDude
05-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Pop is going to ride them like a 2-bit pony...Spurs gotta get pissed off and blow out the Jazz in Game 4.

ducks
05-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Fuck the refs, maybe if the Spurs hadn't given up so many damn layups they'd be doing better. They in no way came close to stopping any penetration and their rotations have been shit all night long.
when you are in fucking foul trouble you can not play d

LaMarcus Bryant
05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Spurs lost this game when:

Vaughn shoots an 18 foot jumper 20 seconds left on the shot clock with Duncan AND PARKER on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!! Pop tries this lineup of two point guards presumably to let vaughn stay on deron, and only for that defense, yet vaughn takes it upon himself to shoot an open and early jumper?

SILLLLYYYY

we beat ourselves. We just need to refocus for next game.

easjer
05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
So they got screwed on the calls.

If they'd played remotely well in the second half, it would not have mattered. They weren't making most of their shots, they stopped being aggressive and their defense went to shit.

Good teams play through bad calls. They deserved to lose this one, and it shouldn't surprise anyone, given their history in the playoffs, their history when up 2-0, Utah's history at home, that they fucked it tonight.

It's ok. Game 4 is the important one to win.

makedamnsure
05-26-2007, 10:05 PM
yeah this wasn't all the refs. Obviously they had a hand in it but we were crap. Duncan's foul trouble disrupted so much of the rhythm

MannyIsGod
05-26-2007, 10:05 PM
when you are in fucking foul trouble you can not play dthats the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Duncan got his fifth foul and immediately D'ed up boozer, maybe even fouled him, it was like he was DARING the refs to call his sixth immediately after his fifth, but he got a block instead.

ponky
05-26-2007, 10:08 PM
yeah this wasn't all the refs. Obviously they had a hand in it but we were crap. Duncan's foul trouble disrupted so much of the rhythm

ah well, i'm sure amare felt the same way

nice win jazz! the next game should be very interesting because spurs are 0-9 in utah for post-season play and the jazz should have all the confidence in the world next game...but, spurs usually respond very well after getting their asses handed to them. i'd give a slight edge to the spurs in the next game, especially considering how the pugilist popped deron williams late in the 4th :lol

Baelzar
05-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Is this Phoenix? Is this Dallas?

Who cares if the calls aren't falling our way. I hate seeing my favorite team cry about it, and I hate seeing our fans cry about it. :dramaquee

Suck it up and KILL THE JIZZ in game 4.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2007, 10:11 PM
ah well, i'm sure amare felt the same way

nice win jazz! the next game should be very interesting because spurs are 0-9 in utah for post-season play and the jazz should have all the confidence in the world next game...but, spurs usually respond very well after getting their asses handed to them. i'd give a slight edge to the spurs in the next game, especially considering how the pugilist popped deron williams late in the 4th :lol

Just trying to keep up with the Joneses. Err, Terrys.

tru2ou
05-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Please let's not cry about the loss...you know the Spurs always seem to need a wake up call so now we have it. Spurs in 5 "GUARANTEED".

P.S. As one former NBA Player told me they make sure the rims are extra tight in Utah and they put extra air in the ball too. He hated playing in Utah.

sanman53
05-26-2007, 10:15 PM
I cannot think of anything that ranks closer to that Dallas series last season. I will never forget game 2. It changed the series completely.

Jazz wanted this game more tonight.

duncan2k5

Who cares if the calls aren't falling our way. I hate seeing my favorite team cry about it, and I hate seeing our fans cry about it. :dramaquee

THANK YOU!!!! dont complain about the calls. calls dont make you lose by 20+ points.

ponky
Just trying to keep up with the Joneses. Err, Terrys.

oh, i'm not complaining, it didn't look bad to me, i was just noting that the spurs are living up to their new personae.

CharlieMac
05-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Not worried. Someone is getting a beat down in game 4.

L.I.T
05-26-2007, 10:18 PM
No rhythm, barely any defense and Utah dictated the pace of the game. Spurs got outplayed.

Not going to happen in the next game though.

Warlord23
05-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Sure the refs sucked ... but letting Boozer and Millsap get layup after fucking layup on the screen-and-roll was the real killer. The Jazz also had an alarming number of transition layups in the 4th with Williams pushing it and our bigs not getting back fast enough.

We've seen this shit before ... just need to suck it up and come out swinging in game 4

Beno Udrih
05-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Nice to see the mav cockroaches come out after a Spurs loss. Where these faggots when the Spurs win?

Beno Udrih
05-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Anyways back to the thread. It was a combination of bad calls and lack of hustle that made the Spurs lose.

JAZZinSIX
05-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Jazz had 2 consecutive games in the GS series--DWill out in 2 minutes with 2 fouls, DWill out in 59 SECONDS with two fouls...

Jazz fans don't blame...they're bitter a little, but you NEVER blame the refs. Most Spurs fans on this board seem to get that. But to those that don't, STFU. This is going to be a series about playing basketball. Let's enjoy it.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Officiating was very poor tonight but Spurs looked like they had mailed it in by midway through the 3rd. Better hope the calls are better for game 4.

BeerIsGood!
It wouldn't have mattered if the refs called the game right down the middle. The Jazz wanted this one more and the Spurs were lethargic and completely lost all defensive containment in the 2nd half. No big deal, it happens. Welcome to the series Utah.

TampaDude
Jazz had 2 consecutive games in the GS series--DWill out in 2 minutes with 2 fouls, DWill out in 59 SECONDS with two fouls...

Jazz fans don't blame...they're bitter a little, but you NEVER blame the refs. Most Spurs fans on this board seem to get that. But to those that don't, STFU. This is going to be a series about playing basketball. Let's enjoy it.

True dat...if it was close, you could complain about the refs, but the refs don't make you lose by 26 points...the Jazz were the better team tonight...congrats! :toast

Enjoy the win...it's the last one you're gonna get. Spurs in 5.

td4mvp21

Don't worry, we are just pissed right now. There are plenty of reasons besides the refs that caused us to lose.

timmydidit
05-26-2007, 10:26 PM
it was a boring series anyways when Spurs started losing i got excited and prepared for the come back....................

womp womp womp

Solid D
05-26-2007, 10:27 PM
it was a boring series anyways when Spurs started losing i got excited and prepared for the come back....................

womp womp womp

? :dizzy

JAZZinSIX
05-26-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm just glad that people realize we're not just happy to be here. But if we don't win game 4, this means shit.

For once and for all, refs don't matter. This series has been everything I want to see in a playoff series--the games are being won or lost on the court.

UV Ray
05-26-2007, 10:28 PM

A man among squealing children.

whottt
05-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Why are people so surprised the Jazz did this?

This is exactly what they used to do in the Malone Stockton days, fuck every thing up in the paint, commit 5 fouls every time down the court(refs can only call one), same thing on offense

The difference is that these Jazz aren't as mean as those Jazz...yet. I knew this series was over when I saw them sitting on the sideline with smiles on their faces...these guys think they're just like champions or something...that'll be rectified in the next game.

This loss is not on Pop by the way...I don't see any way anyone can put this on Pop.

BeerIsGood!
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
A man among squealing children.

Weren't you a Suns fan? Damn bandwagoner.

florige
05-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Any slow mos of Girececk dumping passes to Millsap after blowing past the defense? Gordon fucking Giricek? Give me a fucking break, they need to play some damn D.

Where do you leave that Milsap fool and Collins. Once I saw Collins hit that lucky shot in the 3rd I knew Utah had this one. All their bums were hitting tonight.

LoVeNSpuRs
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Nice win Jazz. Don't get too comfy like we did. :toast Spurs in 5

florige
05-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Yep, it's not like he played Barry over Finley when it mattered or anything...

The whole team, from the coaches to the players, mailed this one in.

Yeah I'm not sure what he see's in Barry. Findog was playing alot better than Barry. I mean what did Barry have today like 4 airballs..

BeerIsGood!
All their bums started hitting once the Spurs decided to pack it in a not play defense anymore. They had a 4 point halftime lead on the road for a reason - they brought it in the 1st half. For some reason they let the officiating and non-calls get to them and they got rolled up in the snowball. If they pick up the defense again it'll be back to brick city for the Jazz.

judaspriestess
So the Jazz won, eehhh :sleep

TheSanityAnnex
05-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Suns fans: We got jobbed!
Spurs fans: Whiners!

Spurs fans: We got jobbed!
Kings fans: :lol

whottt
05-26-2007, 10:41 PM

That is incredibly funny.

BeerIsGood!

Who's doing that? Two or three people? Please...

Budkin
Anyone who has been following the Spurs the last few years have seen this exact same game in at least one or two playoff series a year. We did not come to play, but we will in Game 4.

BeerIsGood!
05-26-2007, 10:43 PM
It's in every playoff series, including two in the 2005 finals. This year -

Game 1 vs Denver
Game 2 vs Phoenix
Game 3 vs Jazz

Any bets on game 4 egg with a 2-1 or 3-0 lead in the Finals should the Spurs do what they're supposed to and close this thing out in 5 or 6?

Fast Dunk
05-26-2007, 10:47 PM

Parker is getting ass raped every time he goes to the rim and he has 2 free throws to show for it.

Whining bitches...I guess you got something from Phoenix after all...

judaspriestess
05-26-2007, 11:02 PM

your cavs are modeled after the Spurs stupid. But then again its not surprising you wouldn't know that.

LoVeNSpuRs
05-26-2007, 11:22 PM

I'm so glad we'll be playing the Pistons in the Finals.

BradLohaus
05-26-2007, 11:24 PM

Nothing can top the 4th quarter of game 3 in Dallas last year.

I thought the refs were letting them play, then it would seem like they'd all of a sudden decide to call it tight. Eh, it's always hard to win in Utah. The Spurs CLEARLY mailed it in after Duncan's bogus 5th foul. The ball just bounced the Jazz's way tonight. It happens. (I think I said the same thing after game 2 vs. Phx.) Utah still has to win 3 out of 4 games with only 2 being in Utah, so just chalk this one up to bad luck and move on.

Johnny RIngo
05-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Definately not a Cav fan. Just a bitter Mav/Suns fan in disguise.

Baelzar
05-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Whining bitches...I guess you got something from Phoenix after all...Here's a tip: It helps to win a game in your series before you smack talk. Just a lil' something you can wrap up and take on your fishing trip.

P.S. I'm rooting for a miracle in your series; I'd much rather face the Cavs than the Pistons.

wolf754life
05-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Bob Delaney

Marcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 12:20 AM
If Duncan will be playing foul plagued minutes the rest of the way then congratulations to Utah. Otherwise, enjoy forestalling death by 1.

JamStone
05-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Both conference finals ending in sweeps is not in the cards for Stern. In fact, Stern is pissed the officials didn't do a better job in Detroit allowing the Cavs to steal one. The incompetency of these officials ...

Nashfan
05-27-2007, 12:28 AM

I thought whining wasn't allowed by any teams fans or is that only for the other teams fans?? :lol

whottt
05-27-2007, 12:30 AM
I thought whining wasn't allowed by any teams fans or is that only for the other teams fans?? :lol

Here... (http://www.fishingworld.com/)

LifeOnaPlate
05-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Q: How can you tell if the officiating sucked?
A: Your favorite team loses.

duncan_21
05-27-2007, 02:24 AM
I thought the reffing was pretty much horrible. They call timmy on an offensive foul when collins flops but allow boozer to shove everyone within 3 feet all day long. Tough to defend when you're in foul trouble. This is why I hate the nba. I watch only the playoffs knowing this shit is gonna happen.

That being said, there were some lousy shots and worse defense by the spurs.

btw, a quick check to see who's getting the calls, see who gets called for going into the lane to early on a ft.

johngateswhiteley
05-27-2007, 02:37 AM

so true. it really is fucking pathetic.

DubMcDub
05-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Spurfan says--

Spurs record this season: 58-0 (24 games stolen by the refs)
Spurs playoff record: 10-0 (4 games stolen by the refs)

:lol :lol :rolleyes

Displaced Spurs Fan
05-27-2007, 03:10 AM
The NBA is such a class organization with so much credibility, they would never dream of working a game in order to prolong a series.

Never

LOL, so true

TampaDude
05-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Q: How can you tell if the officiating sucked?
A: Your favorite team loses.

Not if they lose by 26...the Spurs just plain sucked last night.

Rest assured, it won't happen again in this series.

tru2ou
05-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Nice to see the mav cockroaches come out after a Spurs loss. Where these faggots when the Spurs win?

:lol :lol :lol

Guess we need to turn the lights back on so they can scurry back from whence they came. :lol :lol :lol